Chapter 1: The Beast

The Beast keeping You safe

Chapter 1: The Beast

______________________________________

No one's POV

A girl of 17 sat still in the hot water that filled the bathtub. Her body lowered more into the water, reaching her chest. With nothing in mind, she raises her left arm to look at it..

'Fresh wounds....' The thought ran through her head as she rubbed at it slowly, as if she was lifeless. 'I feel so dirty....' she grumbled silently before putting her arm back down and going lower, it was to the point where her head was under the water now.

"Hyo?"A voice came from outside the door. "Are you still taking your bath?"the door opened slightly as a woman of the age 20 peeks her head in to see the blonde teen under the water. She sighed heavily. "Kim Hyo-Yeon."The woman sat at the edge of the tub and stared down at the teen.

The one that goes by, Kim Hyo-Yeon comes back up from under the water and stares at the older. "BoA-unnie."She looked at her with no emotion at all as she raised the left arm again to show the other girl.

"They hurt you again?"BoA, whose real name is Kwon Bo- Ah, took the arm and kissed the wound softly, this actually making Hyoyeon feel better. She still felt dirty though. "I thought you were close to being top of the team, what happened?"BoA smiled.

"I wasn't paying attention.."Hyoyeon lowered herself again. " Henry got a hit on me when I dozed off...."

"Interesting.. You have great reflexes though."BoA pointed out. "I'm surprised."She commented while rubbing the wound. "How long have you been in here by the way?"

"45 minutes."Hyoyeon looked at her water-proof black 'Baby-G' watch. "I felt dirty.."She suddenly said.

"I know, you always do after your training."BoA nodded. "It's always been like that...."

It then became silent between the two as BoA continued to rub at the wound on the other's arm slowly.

"Seunghyun-seonbae told me to meet him tomorrow morning.."Hyoyeon trembled under her touch but brushed it off a bit to focus.

"He did?"

"Mmn..."

"I wonder why?"BoA sighed a bit before getting up to grab the clean towel close by. "C'mon, get out of the water now, I don't want you to be all wrinkly and stuff before me."She chuckled and helped the blonde up to her feet while draining the water.

Usually, one would feel awkward about this but... the two have been together for so long. It's become nothing now to see each other . Although BoA still becomes flustered sometimes when she's not prepared to see Hyoyeon , seeing the girl and her...extra-package is still very fresh for her at those times.

BoA threw the towel on Hyoyeon's head and began to dry her hair for her.

"Unnie... I can do this by myself."Hyoyeon looked up, her right eye the only one visible because her blonde locks covered the other.

"Oh shush, you're growing up so fast. In the past we used do everything together ,taking baths together was one of them, but now you don't want to do stuff with me."BoA pouted. "At least let me spoil you like this so I can still feel young."She continued to dry off Hyoyeon's hair with the towel.

"Ne..."Hyoyeon nodded, she wanted to smile. Her heart told her to smile, but her brain controlled her nerves and expression so she just stood there with a poker face plastered on. Thinking about BoA's words, Hyoyeon began to think about the past. The day she BoA and became one of 'them'.....

That day happened so quickly, it scared her a little when it came to thought.....

________________________________

Flashback

A family of four fill their homes living room with small laughter as they watch a TV Program. It consisted of a mother, a father, a 7 year old Hyoyeon, and her younger brother. Hyoyeon sat in the middle of her parents while holding her brother as they watched. Unlike the other three, Hyoyeon was pouting.

"Honey."Her mother called out to her. "Are you still upset?"

Hyoyeon puffed her cheeks and looked else where when her mother tried to get in her line of sight.

"Hyoraengi?"Her mother called out again, her voice calm and steady as she talked. "You know we have our reasons for cancelling your play date with your friends on saturday. Me and your Dad have to go to work and stay late so you need to stay here and keep watch of your brother."

"Hmph! I don't wanna watch him...."Hyoyeon crossed her arms. "Why d-don't you get a- a babysitter!"She kicked her legs in frustration.

"Hyo, be careful!"Her dad said all of a sudden, stopping the girl. "Min-goo is still on your lap."He pointed out seriously. All of a sudden the young Min-goo was pushed onto his lap.

Hyoyeon got off the couch and turned to them. "It's alwasy Min-goo this! Min-goo that! I wanna do what I wanna do!"

"HyoYeon, Min-goo is your younger brother."Her dad stated. "You have to watch him and keep him safe as the eldest. That's what siblings are fo--"

"What if I didn't want a sibling! I don't wanna be his older sister if all he does is ruin everything!"Hyoyeon growled like a baby tiger. "I hate him.." she got out in the end. The heat of the conversation was reaching it's peak as her father stood up in anger, giving the youngest to the woman sitting besides him.

"Kim HyoYeon! NEVER I repeat, NEVER say that again." He tells her in some kind of rage she's never seen before. Causing her to jump. "Min-goo is your younger brother, you HAVE to love him." His angered face stayed as he stared down at her.

Hyoyeon was a little brave even though she was scared of her dad, "I have to love him!? Daddy, my feelings are my feelings. Y-You can't just do that!"She yelled.

"You are MY daughter, you HAVE to listen to me."

Her mother held Min-goo, her voice still calm but she trembled a bit. "Please, Hyo, honey? Calm down... You're scaring Min-goo.."She pointed out while holding the baby who was currently crying hard now.

In the beginning, Hyo was starting to calm down because of her mothers calm voice but...she brough Min-goo into this and felt tears starting to fall. "Min-goo again.... Y-You two don't want me anymore?... Am I not as important as Min-goo, mommy? Daddy?"she whimpered, slowly moving back trembling.

Her dad's eyes widen as his expression drops, he held a hand out to Hyoyeon and was about to say something but was cut off when his daughter ran away screaming, "I HATE YOU!" She ran quickly to her room.

Hyoyeon shut the door and locks it. She then grabbed her little tiger plushie and hugged it tightly to her chest. Crying into it. "Babo..."She whimpered more.

Minutes passed as she sat there in the darkness, her chest felt tight when she realized her parents weren't coming to comfort her. Looking at the digital clock in her room, she realized it was almost an hour since the argument. Hyoyeon stood up and debated wether or not she'd go outside and apologize to the people she loved. She never meant things, she was just really mad and disappointed that she didn't get to hang out with her best friend...

Still thinking about it still, Hyoyeon reach out for her door knob and decided it was time to fix things. She opened the door silently and walks out. It was dark.... really dark, the lights were off and it was night. Holding onto her plushie she makes it towards her homes staircase, carefully moving so she doesn't fall/trip over things. Her ears perked up a little when she heard thumping in the living room while she takes her time going down the stairs.

"Mommy? Daddy?"Hyoyeon called out quietly, her voice laced with fear as she makes it to the bottom of the steps. She turned to the living room to see figures there, people she didn't know since there were a lot.

"Bo Ah."A deep voice was heard, "Turn the lights on, let's check on our friends."He chuckled, the chuckle sounding empty. Hyoyeon watched as a figure close the her size walks towards the light switch and turns the lights back on. Her eyes wondered off to the sight in front of her, wanting to see who was there. It was some teen guy covered in blood, there were other teens there but she mostly saw kids.

"T-TOP-seonbae."One of the young boys pointed out at Hyoyeon. The teen she first saw when the lights went on, the male looked at her silently. He then smiled at her.

"Ah, there you are Kim Taeyeon. You're suppose to be dead by now...."He sighed heavily. "Oh, by the way. Don't think wrongly of us, we did this because we were told to. Hopefuly we can come to good terms since we're now on the same boat? For now.."He tells her with a slight grin. Hyoyeon was confused when he looked down to her living room rug, she followed his gaze and looked to see her family there. Covered in blood, she saw body parts in other places too. Hyoyeon's eyes widen in fear and surprise as she stumbled backwards and fell onto her . "M-Mommy... D-D-Daddy.."She whispered out. She looked towards the little figure on the ground and turned away quickly, feeling ready to upchuck the contents in her stomach. "Min-goo.."She started to cry loudly.

One of the people besides the guy that talked to her looked at Hyoyeon closely, he then pulled a picture out and looked at that then back at Hyoyeon. "... Seunghyun-ssi."He showed the taller the picture. 'Seunghyun' took the paper and stared at it curiously then at Hyoyeon, his mouth forming a lazy 'o.'

"Hmm.. Seems like we made a mistake."He chuckled, brushing off everything so easily. "Let's not tell Seonsaeng-nim about this okay? We might all get punished."He sighed and shoved the picture in his pocket.

"W-What about her..?? And we didn't kill our actual targets.."The other boy motioned to Hyoyeon. The girl whose name was Bo Ah got to the younger's side and was comforting her, feeling pity and guilt. "What are we going to do?"He asked in a panicked, loud tone as they watch Hyoyeon hug Bo Ah tightly and cried onto her.

"Seungri-sii.."The taller grabbed the boy by the neck. "I suggest you calm down this instant before you join them.."his voice serious as he glared into the others soul. He dropped the other teen and looked at Hyoyeon. "We could just kill her now so we don't have any witnesses."he tells the others while walking towards the two young girls.

"A-Aniyo!"Bo Ah blocked TOP from Hyoyeon and held her tightly. She was honestly terrfied and confused to her actions but went along with it. "S-Seunghyun-s-seonbae. P-Please don't kill her... Like y-you said, s-she's like us now. We all don't have family... S-So she can just join us right?"

"Bo Ah, you know that we already have too muc--"One of the other guys started but Bo Ah cuts him off.

"E-Excuse me seonbae for cutting y-you off but.."Bo Ah softly pushed out of Hyoyeon's grasp and bowed to them, on her hands and knees. "Please let me take r-responsibility and t-take care of her... I-I'll make sure she keeps up with training and everything... Please.."

Seunghyun, or TOP, stood there and was going to disagree but watched as Hyoyeon did the same as Bo Ah... Holding onto her tiger plushie and crying still but she still bowed at the others side. 'This kid... we just killed her family but she...' a grin appeared on his face. "Fine. You'll take FULL responsibility of this kid Bo Ah. She's under your care from now on."

The two young girls got up, Bo Ah sighed in relief as she turned to Hyoyeon smiling a bit. To her disappointment the other didn't smile at all, she was still sobbing and holding onto her tiger plushie. The teens began to clean up the mess while the children leave to go back to their 'home.'

"Bo Ah, take her back home. If Seonsaeng-nim asks about her, tell him we found her and I decided to take her in."TOP tells the younger girl.

"Ne."Bo Ah nodded as she got up to her feet and dusted her clothes off. "Hey.. c'mon, let's go."She reached out to Hyoyeon. The small girl taking hold of it and getting up to her own feet, all wobbly. "Are you alright?"She asked in a weary tone.

Hyoyeon shook her head, she was anything BUT alright. To her surprsie Bo Ah lowered herself in front of Hyoyeon and held her arms behind her back. "Here. Let me carry you there."

"B-But.."Hyoyeon didn't finish her sentence, she just went with it and climbed onto Bo Ah's back, her plushie still in hand.

"By the way, my names Kwon Bo Ah."Bo Ah says in a happy tone, trying to lift the mood. "What's your name?"She asked.

"K-Kim.. Hyoyeon.."Hyoyeon says silently.

"Hyoyeon, huh?"Bo Ah giggled, "Good child. I like that name."She smiled brightly as they walk down the streets towards Hyoyeon's new home.

 

End of Flashback

________________________________

 

"Hyoyeon??"BoA's voice brings the girl back to her senses. "You dozed off again."She smiled, taking the blonde's hand and leading her to their room. BoA and Hyoyeon live in a decent sized apartment. There are other bedrooms but the two are so used to sleeping together so it's inevitable. "Hurry up and put clothes on, you might catch a cold."She pointed out.

"Ne.."Hyoyeon nodded and pulled her pajamas out and pulled those on while BoA changes her own clothes.

"Hyoyeon, I'm gonna go study for an exam alright?" BoA explains while dusting her clothes a bit. "You can sleep already."

"Ne."Hyoyeon continued to reply with the same thing as she gets on their large bed and pulls the covers over herself.

"Night~"BoA shuts the lights and closes the door, leaving the blonde alone in the room.

Hyoyeon nodded slightly to herself, "Goodnight BoA-unnie..."she whispered before letting the monster called 'sleep' take over.

 

_______________

A/N: First chapter out~ Don't be a silent reader, critisize me why don't you ~(owo~)