Chapter 2

The Daragon Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Hope (Paramore)

Dara’s POV

My plane landed uneventfully. YG sajangnim sent a van to pick me up from the airport. It feels as if I’m a robot, I’m moving sing muscle memory only. Everything was a blur. At first, I hesitated. I didn’t think that I can do this. If not for my family and my friends who continue to give moral support, I would probably have given up.

The KPop industry is very competitive and by the looks of it, I have to train one hundred times harder just to be considered “talented enough” in the industry. I’m very thankful to YGE for giving me a chance to prove myself even if other idols are younger, prettier, and more talented than me. I think I look decent, at least many tell me so (but I don’t usually believe it because apparently I was not pretty enough in the eyes of my ex-boyfriend because he dumped me for another girl). I hope I pass the auditions this time. I inhaled deeply before I entered YG sajangnim’s office.

“Sandara Park, take a seat.” He shook my hand and motioned for me to sit on the nearest chair. “Here. Read this. This will be your very first project. Call it a trial run if you will.” He handed me a storyboard for an MV. “Gummy wanted you to be a part of her latest MV. She said that only you will fit the role that she envisions for her song. You will be starring in the MV alongside TOP. You will meet with the I’m Sorry team next week.”

“I see. Thank you sajangnim for this opportunity. I ensure that this chance will not be wasted.” I flipped through the storyboard. It seems that my first appearance in the KPop industry will produce a lot of haters like hello, TOP’s fan girls are possessive!

“Good. I expect nothing less, after all, somebody from YGE has noticed your dedication to the craft.” He paused. “I will be honest though. I want you to train very hard so you can be included in a girl group that YGE will be launching. We need to expand the fanbase to the neighboring countries and your popularity in the Philippines will help YGE. For now, you will have acting projects since acting is your niche. I still require you to join an acting class alongside TOP though.” He stood up and motioned for me to shake hands. “I look forward to working with you. You may now go and meet those idiots waiting for you at the recording room. You still know your way around the building?” I nodded as I headed out of his office.

I have to make the cut. YGE is my last hope.

GD’s POV

Years had passed since I last saw her. I wanted to show her that we finally made it. She was the spark that kept us going during the dark times of our trainee days. She was the one who motivated TOP hyung to pursue being an idol. She cheered us up whenever YG hyung scolded us. With the level of success that we enjoy now, I thought we would be happy by now but I guess we would be happier if she’s here. My thoughts were interrupted by the rat.

“Hyung, by any chance, do you need to use the comfort room?” I gave a warning look to Seungri but the rat can’t get a hint. “You too Youngbae hyung, you’re creating a trail in YG sajangim’s floor. And you TOP hyung, are you sick? You keep talking to your toys! What is happening? Aigoo, if fans see us, our image as the cool BIGBANG will immediately disappear! Just look at Daesung hyung who is still watching KDramas!” He’s waving his hands hysterically.

“Yah, Rat! If you don’t stop talking now, Ultraman will meet your forehead!” TOP hyung said while waving his toy threateningly in Seungri’s direction. Seungri was about to open his mouth when the door opened.

“Annyenghaseyo.” Dara bowed in greeting us. She has not aged one bit since the last time that I saw her. She’s truly a vampire beauty. I was about to stand up and greet her when, as usual, Seungrat the social butterfly (or should I say fly since he obviously lacks the daintiness of a butterfly?) went and hugged her. Wait. He hugged her! That freaking rat had the gall to hug her!

“Noonaaaaaa! I missed you, my favorite noona in the whole wide world!” She patted Seungri’s back while TOP hyung awkwardly waved hi to her. Youngbae, on the other hand, still stood frozen in his spot as if he saw a ghost. Don’t ask me where Daesung is. He’s still probably watching his stash of KDramas. I pulled Seungrat’s collar since he still clings to her like the freaking Koala that he is. “Yah. Let her breathe.” I said. I hope I looked cool. Kekeke. “Hello Dara.” I greeted her.

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong-ssi, you never learn eh? It’s Dara noona!” She said then she flashed a smile. I think Youngbae’s about to faint, he’s so pale. “Hello everyone, I missed you all.”

“Group hug?” Seungri suggested and without an affirmation from us, he pulled us all into a hug. The door opened again and revealed Se7en hyung. “Yah, you’re hogging Dara’s attention. How about me?” We broke the group hug and Seungri replied to Se7en hyung. “Hyung, don’t be too greedy. You already have Han Byul noona. Dara noona is ours OK?” Se7en hyun laughed. “Come on, let’s go celebrate, my treat.” Se7en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter