The SECRET

WHO AM I?

HELP! HELP! PLEASE..
Nobody hear me. I'm alone.. no one will come. I'm drowning..I'll die... 

"WOO BIN!!!!!"

I wake up from my sleep when I hear that voice. That dream.. it comes again. I do not know what it means. But I have been dreaming about it since I was a kid. Dreaming about me being abused by a witch. Ahh.. so scary.. I walked straight to the window to calm down my mind. I could see a few people jogging and doing exercise. I smirk. They give me idea about things to do in this early morning. 

I quickly go to my closet and change my shirt. After that, I go down stairs to grab my sneakers. As I wearing my sneakers I could see my dad is having breakfast alone. Yeah.. we do not eat together to avoid argument. He just take a glance at me and continue his meal.Nah..I do not care about him either. 
Then, I exit my house and start jogging. The morning breeze really refreshing. I could feel that my head is more light. I'm really happy when I could forget about things that always burden my brain especially my dad. 

"Hey, Woo Bin!"
Someone approache me. I turn my head around. It's YongHwa! "I don't know you jog" he smirk. "I do have legs" I reply. "Catch it!" Kim Bum throw me a ball. That ball almost break my nose because it went straight to my face. "Yaa! Luckily it doesn't break my nose or I'll break your arm!" "What? We can't hear you!!" I could see Kim Bum and Jonghyun from the court laughing like dumbs. "Give me your racquet!" I ask Yonghwa. Then, we play them all day non-stop till evening.

When the sun almost dissapear, we walk back home. It's a tiring day but who cares? We enjoyed it. "It has been a while since you play tennis. What makes you change your mind, huh?" Jonghyun asks me. "Nothing. I just think I need to move on. Yeah, I still felt guilty but we can't never go back" I smile hopelessly. Kim Bum tap my shoulder "And even if you can, you would change nothing. This is what we call destiny" "You can change future but you could never change the past. Remember that" Yonghwa added. "Thanks, guys" I am really touched. I never feel so bless to have them. "We are friends" They said chorusly and then laugh together. 

"There you are.." 

The four of us turn our head at the same time. "Not this time.." Kim Bum whispering. "What do you want Minho?" I tried to not start a fight. "Nothing.. I just want you to pay things that you have done to me a year ago" he answered. "You know what.. even you bring 10 of you is still not enough" Yonghwa reply him back. "So, how about 15?" Another 14 gangsters ready with those gangsters stuff approached us from every corner. I could smell what would happen next. My eyes start burning. Suddenly, Jonghyun grab my arms. "Don't do it Woobin. We won't make it. There are too many of them. We have no chance" he said. Minho smiles sinically when he see Jonghyun whispering to me. "Hey hey.. don't think that I don't know what you are talking about, coward! Just go back home to your mum if you don't want to fight" "Just if you still have a mother!" Minho's friend added. "Really? Pity you... Maybe your mother is just too tired to take care of useless child like you" Then he laughed like crazy. That really challenge my patience. I can't take it anymore. I started punching Minho right on his face. Watching their leader being attack, the whole gangs begin fighting. Out of the darkness.. we could hear the police siren. I could see that Minho is feeling afraid. This time I won't let him go. I hold him tightly that we are rolling on the road. Seconds later, police arrived and all of us were brought to the police station. Some of the gangs successfully escaped from the police. I don't care about them. What I care is Minho is arrested. He is the wanted one. He is in the police blacklist. The police asked me to explain about the incident so I told him everything. Luckily, some of the police knows my dad so, it ended the case. They even send us back home. When the police send me back home, they really send me in front of the door to make sure that I'm really my father's son. I do think that it is a joke and it's not necessary but the policemen said it is part of the procedures they need to follow.

 After waiting for a few minutes in fromt of the door, my maid came out and greet me. I asked her to call out my dad but she refused to because my dad is having his drinks. I force her to call my dad no matter what. Then, my dad came out. "What do you want?" He asks the police. "Sorry to disturb you sir.. your son just involve in a fight and we just want to make sure that he.." the policeman is talking but my dad cut his word. "Son? I never have a son. Nor a child. He is not mine" he simply answered the police. "I know that you hate me. But I never said that you are not my dad" Suddenly I just felt like a mountain just fall on my shoulder. It is not a joke that I can laugh at. It is not funny to hear from your parent mouth that you are not his child. "No. I'm not making a joke. You can ask your mother. Oopps I'm sorry your mother is dead so go and ask your maid. We found you in front of the gates. Crying like a baby when your age is about two years old. I don't even know their parents so, excuse me I'm busy" The policemen and my friends look at me cluelessly. They looked puzzle. "What does he mean?" I become so dizzy. I am freaking tired with the fight and now my dad is telling me that I'm not his son. I really can't accept this. All of them try to calm me down and Jonghyun offered me to spend the night at his house. He said that I might need someone by my side at this time. At Jonghyun's house I didn't talk much. So did Jonghyun's family. Maybe Jonghyun already explain about it to his family. Joghyun direct me to my room. He suggested me to sleep first because my condition doesn't allow anyone to approach. So, I just take a short shower then go straight to the bed. 

I cover my eyes with my right arm. I tried to remember each words that came out of my dad's mouth. It doesn't sound logics to my mind. It can't be. Maybe he is to mad with me so that he came out with that ridiculous statements. Yeah.. it could be. Anyway, I just hope that these things is not the truth. Please... I really can't accept it. I'm not ready for all of this... 

The next day, Jonghyun entered my room and asked me whether I want to join the breakfast or not. Of course I want to. I really feel guilty because I just said "Hi" to his mom and dad. We went downstairs to join the breakfast. Jonghyun's mum is really caring. She even pulled the chair for me to sit. I'm really touched. Then, she take my plate and put the scrambled eggs and some sausages on it. It's my favourite breakfast. I really love it because it reminds me of my mum. I almost shed my tears there. My eyes are getting swollen. But, she slowly rub my back and said "Be strong, my dear. There must be a reason behind all of these" I smile and wipes my tears. Then, we started to eat. As Jonghyun and I are about to leave the house, Jonghyun's mum hug me tightly. Then, she looked into my eyes. "The truth would always hurt us. So, try to accept is because it may be the best for us. Eventhough you are not my biological son, you are my son's friend. So you can always treat me like your own mum... and this family like yours" She smiles. I swear that she has the most beautiful smile that could melt my heart. I thank her and bid a goodbye. 

Jonghyun accompany me to my house. After what happenned, I really feel like I'm a strangers in my own house. I felt like I don't belong here. I'm just an adopted son. As we enter the house, I go straight to the dining hall because I know it is my dad's breakfast time. I stand in front of him and our eyes met. 

"Oh there you are.." he said like nothing happenned. I looked right into his eyes. "I came here to here more explaination about yesterday" I try my best to arrange the sentence. I don't want to have a fight in this situation. "What explaination?" He raised his eyebrows. "Don't say that you don't remember it! Urgh.. Jonghyun, tell him"i said. Jonghyun shocked when Woobin asked him to interupt the conversation "Ermm... I don't mean to interrupt your conversation sir.. but yesterday you said that Woobin is your adopt son and you found him in front of the house gate" His eyes almost popped out when he heard what Jonghyun said. "No no no... it couldn't be.. Maybe it is because I'm too drunk yesterday.. I shouldn't tell you" He stand up and started to walk away. I stopped him. "Please.. dad. Tell me the truth" I beg him. He looked at me. "No! I won't and don't you ever think of it! You're my son and that's it!" He suddenly mad at me. "Why won't you tell me, huh? You afraid that I would ran away? Isn't it your wish?" He slapped me. 

PANG!

"Eventhough I hate you because of your mother incident.. I'm still your father and you need to respect me. I raised you with all of my loves and this is how you pay me?" "Why don't you tell me? Why? What is the reason?" I asked him back. This time I could not hold my tears. It just dropped heavily. It's hurt. Not on the face but right here.. inside of my heart. I want to know the truth. I'm still looking at him but he doesn't care. He is still with his ego and walk away from me. My knee felt so weak. I fall on the floor. I'm confused. Jonghyun hold my arms and asked me if i'm okay. I feel bad for him to watch all our family drama. Maybe he should not be here. "Jonghyun.. I think you should go home. I would be fine" Jonghyun nodded. He knows me well. When I'm not in mood, better for me to be alone. 

I went to my room and I sit on the floor. I still can't believe it. Just who can accept it? Nobody could. Imagine that you have been living like a normal family and one day you find out that you are adopted. Somehow I felt like being cheated. Why they keep it secret all this time? There must be a secret behind all of this. 

Bzzz... *phone vibration"
*unknown number*

"Hello? Woobin? Is that you?" The caller asks me. "Yeah.. it's me. I know it's you, babysoul" I replied. "Ermm... I heard that you just have a fight... I taught you have changed since our conversation before. But why? Can you explain" she asked me. "Sorry I can't explain on the phone. Can we meet?" "Sure. Maybe at the park near the school?"she suggest. "15 minutes from now. Bye" 

She arrived earlier than me. "You're early" I said. "Actually I was walking around here so..hehhehe" she laughed shyly. Wow.. it's rare to see her laughing. "So, what happened?" She starts asking. "Okay first I admit that I did have a fight with Minho and his gangs" "What? Seriously? Minho the gangster one" she can't believe it. "Yeah.. I mean I know that you are good at bullying but I don't know that you fight outside the school. Minho and his gangs are the wanted. You now what it means. When you deal with them. They never let you go. It is so dangerous!" She can't stop nagging. I know it girls and nagging can't be apart. "Hey calm down.. I would be okay. Trust me. The thing that I'm thinkning about is not him" "Then?" I sigh. "I'm an adopted" She gasp. "Seriously? Hey, can't you stop making me shocked and worried? How can? It's impossible!" "It is true and I can't do anything about it. My dad refused to tell me truth. He accidentally told me yesterday when he was drunk" I explained. She wipes her face and then looked at me. "So, what you wanna do now? Find your real parents? Find out who yourself really are?" I laughed. "Who do you think I am? A detective? I am a highschool boy. Plus, what can I do even if I meet them?" "Woobin.. just think abou this. You're your parents son. And you don't know the real story behind all of this. You don't even know whether you have been dump or they accidentally missed you when you was a kid" she tried to get my trust. "Nothing happened 'accidentally' " I answered her. 

At home, I started to think again what she had said. I'm confiused. Maybe it's right for me to search for my parents. But, South Korea is to big for me to search for them. And maybe if I met them again, they don't even recognize me. So, what should I do? Is it really important for me to search for my real identity? Or is it just a waste of time? Can I change anything when I met them? Somehow I feel like I wanna know, who are they? And who am I?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and assalamualaikum!! Thanks for reading this fanfic guys!! Hope you enjoyed it cuz I've been typing this fanfic for a whole day. You can imagine how tired I am and tomorrow i gotta go for work. Yes, I just finished my school last year and currently I'm doing part time job while I'm waiting offers from local universities so pray for me okay! And I wish you all lucks too! Stay healthy and happy !! ^^