3.

Deep Trouble, Deeply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hara is running late for her class.

She woke up with 30 minutes left before her first period. Luckily, Hansol’s tickles were annoying enough that Hara had to get up and was about to scream at her brother when she caught sight of the wall clock hanging just above her closet. She swore under her breath before preparing herself which was as quick as a flash of lightning. Hansol was left laughing before folding his sister’s blankets.

“Goodbye! Take care of yourself. Do not run!” Mrs. Goo shouts at her daughter in an attempt that she would hear it.

“I will!” Hara answers back while she runs and fumbles her bag for some money.

Mrs. Goo shakes her head and goes back to her laundry.

 

 

Seoul High is one bus ride away from her house but after waiting for about half a minute, Hara has no choice but to get on her feet and hurry up because time seems to not be on her side today. How ironic that while she struggles to run as fast as she could, students, on the other hand, calmly walk on the sidewalk, as if having a stroll at the park. She would bump into them occasionally and still manages to mutter an incoherent apology as she drags her petite body to school.

Five minutes before the first bell and Hara storms up her way, brown hair freely flowing past back her shoulders, and cursing every once in a while for she is still unfamiliar with the building.

“Do I take the left or the right turn? Oh My God! This is frustrating!” She frowns and catches her breath, crouched down with palms resting on her knees.

She smooths out her skirt and takes a step forward but accidentally bumps into someone. A guy.

Not now, Hara thinks to herself but nevertheless apologizes.

“I’m sorry,” They blurt out at the same time. The guy smiles and bends down to pick up his files.

Hara momentarily forgets how to speak for the guy is handsome, especially when he flashes his pearl whites at her which makes Hara’s heartbeat accelerate at least 5x faster than the usual. Hara watches him pick up his files and is met again with that handsome face.

The guy smiles again, eyes turning into crescent moons. “I’m really sorry. I wasn’t cautious enough.”

Hara reminds herself to not stutter and to stop blushing but fails.

“Oh no, it’s okay. I was at fault too.” She replies.

“I’m guessing you’re a professor here too?” The guy asks and shifts his attention to his bag.

“Ah..Oh, y-yes. I am. Are you?” Hara bites her lip and curses under her breath.

Good thing he is busy with his things. Hara, get a hold of yourself.

She lightly knocks her head but is caught by him, bringing back the redness on her cheek.

The guy watches her in amusement. “Yes. So, I’ll see you around, then?”

“Okay.”

The guy gives her a small wave before walking past her. She stares at his retreating back and dreamily sighs, holding her files and books close on her chest.

“You did not even ask for his name.” “Why would I?” “Gosh, stop it, Goo!”

Hara argues with no one until the second bell rings and brings her back to reality.

“Oh. Shoot! I’m dead.” She sprints in those black leather heels through the hallway, sweat trickling down on her forehead.

 

“Idiot.” He mumbles to himself as he watches Hara disappear in the hallway.

 

 

Hara’s jaw drops on the floor. Almost. She did not just run hundreds of meters for an empty classroom, did she? She expressionlessly enters the room and drops her things and bag on the table with a loud thud. She starts her tantrums.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter