13.

Deep Trouble, Deeply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yo!”

“Sup!”

“Hey, Prof!”

 

The unusual greetings continue after Hara got in the classroom. She exchanges a long look with her students and they do the same.

I wonder if they did something wrong or is this what you call morning sickness?

Hara walks towards her table and grabs open a little notepad. She twists the marker’s cap off and starts writing on the board. A very soft squeaking of a chair is heard and Hara smiles to herself.

“Don’t even think about cutting my class.”

Frustrated groans follow next and Hara lets out a short chuckle.

Gotcha.

“Hey, Prof. In what language are you writing?”

“You dumb fish, it’s Math.” Namjoon’s voice booms across the room and everyone stares at him in awe.

“We have words like that in the dictionary?”

“They sound foreign to me.”

“Woah! Namjoon hyung, you speak Math?”

Namjoon smashes his forehead on his desk in defeat while Jimin, Hoseok, and Taehyung double over in laughter, stomping their feet on the floor.

“Idiot. Math is our subject. It’s not a language!” Taehyung points out.

“Do you even know how to solve for x?” Seokjin asks the three, completely annoyed at their loudness.

“Why would you solve for x? Do you work for him, hyung?”

Seokjin slaps his face and forces himself to face the board instead.

“Kookie, how do you solve for x?”

“By shutting up.” Yoongi pushes Taehyung’s chair a bit farther away from his and the younger one shrieks when he lost his balance.

 

After copying what she had written on the notepad, Hara caps the marker and puts it away, wiping some of the ink on the side of her pinky.

“Prof, what are those words?”

“Oh. These are the topics to be studied for next week’s midterm examinations.”

“But you covered half of the board!”

“We can’t even pronounce them!”

Complains and whines punch Hara’s ears and she tries to cover them for dear life.

“So noisy! Let my pretty prof speak and translate it for us!” Taehyung yells and the room went silent.

“Since when did she become yours?”

Heads turn to look at Jungkook and he tries to act normal with a clear of his throat.

“I mean, she’s our professor.” Jungkook states coolly.

“You sound defensive-“

“Don’t look at me.”

Immediately, they face the board again without questioning their Master Jeon’s weird comment.

“HA.HA.” Yoongi suddenly bursts out in that deep, mocking voice and everyone is yet again looking at their direction.

“Yoongi, what’s so funny?” Hara asks, clueless on what’s going on at the back of the room.

“You’ll know soon, pretty prof.” Yoongi replies and kicks Jungkook’s chair, earning a glare from the latter.

“Alright. As I have said, these are the coverage for your exams next week.”

“But proooof ~ I really don’t know any of those .”

A bunch of ‘Me too’ is thrown and Hara’s shoulders deflate in worry. She drags her chair to the middle, just before the first row. She takes a seat and everyone anticipates what she’s saying next.

Hara lets out a breath. “Are you really that, uhm, bad in academics?”

The class lets out a half-suppressed laugh and Hara joins them.

“God, I’m sorry. Did I judge you that soon?”

“Nah, prof. It’s true.”

Hara almost falls off her chair and everyone is again laughing at her.

“I always get one-digit scores. Hehe.”

“I never pass.”

“This is my third take of Math.”

They smile at her innocently and Hara feels her knees getting weaker and weaker for every bad news she hears.

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter