Chapter 1

And We Fight {Two Shots}

 

 

You were happily married with one of the most handsome and fine men in South Korea, Shim Changmin. It had been a year since the two of you shared a vow of marriage to each other. You loved him so much and no one else could replace that. You were patient with his temper at times, and you knew the cons of him being an artist, a celebrity who was always being chased by media, by fans. In times when he was stressed out and exhausted from all the hurdles of the star life, you were always beside him, giving him comfort.

 

You always busied yourself with doing the house chores and doing your assignments as a graphic artist, good thing your career was flexible enough to keep you inside the house and still continue with your work.

 

Three in the afternoon on a Friday and you just finished your latest assignment, an advertisement poster for a magazine company. You turned off your laptop and headed to the living room to rest yourself. You took a glance at yourself on a mirror, seeing your reflection, you smiled faintly, you didn’t look pale, just simple but people say you could turn heads. And yet you didn’t have enough courage to be proud of being Changmin’s girl, you knew he was being surrounded with beautiful, gorgeous ladies every time. And with that, you always would fix yourself, and make yourself look beautiful in front of him.

 

Yet this time was different, you received a call from him early in the morning just to be told that he had a photo shoot with one of the female celebrities, you didn’t want to speak her name, you knew she was a hundred percent more attractive, more gorgeous than you are, and it somehow lowered your self-esteem.

 

You sat on the couch and let tears pour down your cheeks. You believed Changmin wouldn’t cheat on you, and yet you question yourself, am I really worthy of him?  You couldn’t believe it, the time when he confessed he loved you, you were just a fangirl, and knowing Changmin, you thought he was just tricking you, and yet he showed you his love for five years of your relationship before you got married.

 

You heaved a very deep sigh, your mind would always linger with thoughts of insecurity and doubt. He was always being surrounded with beautiful ladies, from the music video, to the photo shoots, and commercials. You told yourself you couldn’t compete with any of them.

 

You grabbed your car keys from your bag and gave yourself a peaceful drive round the town, not even giving a call to your husband. You knew he was busy, maybe at the moment he was chatting with that female celebrity. You pulled over at the side of the street, leaning over the wheel, you let your heart cry out all the anxiety.

 

You went home at night to find Changmin already slumped on the couch, watching a television. “Yeobo, where have you been? You’re not answering my calls, I don’t want what the maids cooked, they already left, can you cook dinner? Your cooking is very different.” He flushed you a smile. You ignored him and walked straight to the kitchen. He wants food? What am I? I’m his wife, not his chef!  You told yourself. You opened the fridge to look for food, you didn’t want to starve him, you knew his temper when his appetite wasn’t satisfied.

 

While cutting the vegetables, you heard his footsteps come near to you. You didn’t bother turning to look at him. The big house was only a place for the two for you this time, since you still didn’t have a baby.

 

“___-ah, why aren’t you responding? Is something wrong?” You felt his hand wrapped from behind your neck. “I am so worried about you, tell me if something’s wrong? But can we eat first?”

 

You didn’t answer him, you wish he could just read your mind so you didn’t have to explain yourself. He turned you around so you’re facing him. “___-ah, don’t make me force you, you know what I’ll do.” He let out a seductive smirk you knew very well what was it about. And you were not in the mood to do a miracle on your bed.

 

“Can you just wait for the food? I can’t cook while you’re disturbing me here.” You rolled your eyes and continued with the cutting. You heard him grunt behind you, he snapped away the knife you’re holding and put it on the table, then he scooped you in  his arms. “We’re going to talk about this inside the bedroom now.”

 

You thrashed in his arms, Changmin definitely didn’t know you were not into his games now, and it seemed like he thought you were just trying to act hard to get. “Changmin! Put me down! I am not in the mood to play with you!”

 

“Then what’s your mood? You should definitely inform me, should it be rough or gentle?” Changmin grinned, a devilish one, and it made you all annoyed inside. You thrashed again in his arms, still, he didn’t let go. You were inside the bedroom. He kicked the door closed. “You know, if you have a problem, tell it to me at once.” He still had that grin plastered on his face. He settled you down on the bed and crawled on top of you.

 

You gave him a glare. “I am not going to do this ridiculous thing with you tonight!” You shouted at him. He looked at you, all confused and worried. “Yeobo, what’s wrong with you? Do you have that, days, girls get every month?” he furrowed his brows as he looked down at you. You breathed heavily. “Nothing, I just want to be alone, go and take a nap, I’ll wake you up once I’m done with the food.” You pushed him away and regained yourself and get up from the bed. You felt his hand grabbed your wrist and it forced you to sit back on the bed. You narrowed your eyes at him.

 

Changmin raised his eyebrow. “I got home and what greeted me is a mad wife? What’s happening? Can you tell me?”

 

You rolled your eyes. Looking away, you said, “Okay, I’m just being such an immature right now, nothing else.”

 

Changmin snorted. “What? What is the root of this?” he demanded an answer.

 

“You’re smart enough to guess that, why can’t you just go out for a while and have a dinner with Lee Yeon Hee? Maybe she’ll be able to entertain you better than I can.” You pulled your wrist free but stayed sitting on the bed with him. You heard him laugh, and that made you look at him with a death glare you could ever muster. This guy. You thought. How dare he laugh at you in this kind of talk?

 

“Are you jealous?” Changmin looked at you with that still wide grin on his face.

 

“I am not, what do I care if you are so near with those freaking beautiful girls! I don’t even care when I get to see the magazines with you and them inside, or the commercial when you kissed someone else!” You shouted at him, you could feel your madness stirring with jealousy. And you hated him for making fun of you out of all this.

 

“____-ah, you’re funny, you look cute when you’re jealous. Should I request for more projects with other girls next time?” He chuckled and you swore you wanted to kill your husband for saying this. You snapped a pillow from the bed and threw it on his face, it hit him. He gave you a glare you know very well was a joke.

 

But to you nothing was a joke now. “Excuse me, while I make your food! And please do me a favor,” you stood from the bed. “Don’t talk to me the whole night!” You stormed out of the room and slammed the door close.

 

“Yeobo! Please add some rice cakes! Thank you!” The bastard he was you heard him even shout that after having a fight with you.

 

**