Secret Morning Kisses - Xiumin/Sehun [finished]

Collection of finished/unfinished EXO & related drabbles

Pairing: XiuHun
Rating: PG-13
Volume: 1.5k

Minseok thinks Sehun is impossible, being taller and younger and good-looking and more. Impossible and unfair. How someone with such long limbs can excude such confidence during dancing does not get into Minseok’s head. Perhaps it has to do with Minseok’s lack thereof in a comparatively small body, but it never fails to astounish him. Sehun is playful around his friends and people he feels comfortable with, but outside of these small circles he is so awkward and quiet that people mistake him for generally shy.

Minseok remembers Sehun the trainee, Sehun the pre-pubescent with irregular growth spurts, the irritated face at his lack of limbs coordination after every single of them and the satisfied tug at the corner of his lips whenever he regained control. Minseok admits this has not been any different within the first year of debut, he kept craning his neck more and more like in the past, but with Sehun’s now entire control and consciousness of his fully grown out body, there is something so adult and manly to it that Minseok feels something far from a hyung’s pride. Just among the members and on a stage, Sehun knows exquisitely well the effect he has, mostly on teens and young adult women, but also a small, male following. Baekhyun fondly calls him “a little piece of ” and voices what probably half of the noona fans think.

Minseok thinks it is terrible to want Sehun more than all those fans combined but being forced to watch him being him all day, almost all of the night and definitely several days and months a year. In different levels of close approximity. He is almost grateful that it is Tao booked for that Swarowski photoshoot along with him and not Sehun.

It is not that Minseok feels guilty. Perhaps he should considering the age difference and being around long enough to remember Sehun’s non-adult times, but he cannot find himself to feel any remorse regarding these issues. Rather it bothers him that he enforced his hyung status so well that Sehun has placed trust on him as a senior, leaving no room for anything else. The ‘close friend’ spots are well taken by the two members closest in age and Minseok is dead sure among the eldest members Sehun considers close he can get in line behind both the Chinese members off on their own and the third, remaining Chinese member. It irks Minseok, yet he cannot blame anyone but himself for it. That is what happens when you want the ‘bratty maknae’ to respect you even if you are not the leader.

Nothing keeps him from wanting though, longing from the sidelines and relishing in the moments of attention Sehun spares him with among all the members. It usually happens to be work related, asking if Minseok wants to join him going to the gym (yes he does) or add an extra hour of dance practice (oh definitely). It is not buying bubble tea or doing grocery shopping at Midnight, no free time activities but it is something. Something is better than nothing, Minseok figures.

Their height difference has advantages too, when Sehun decides to use his shoulders as head rest. That happens a lot, luckily. There is always a van ride or a flight that has Minseok smuggling himself into the seat next to Sehun. It sure has its advantages as well to be the eldest and he abuses his power every now and then. He believes not doing so all that often and letting Junmyeon run the show enables him to influence a few situations selfishly.

Junmyeon humors him, because he is entirely conscious about the fact Minseok has several good reasons to pull a EXO-M member loss 3.0. Just, he has no intention to do so. He figures a certain dissatisfaction with your job is quite normal and Junmyeon needs support and occasional rest even when he pretends that he does not. Minseok knows that he is needed. And there is Sehun, as useless and hopeless his non-friendly affection is. So why leave?

Minseok likes best when Sehun decides sleeping in his own bed is boring and crawls into his. When he first inquired why Sehun chose his bed out of all, the answer was a plain “You’re so tiny that there is enough space for me. You’ll also make sure I get up in the morning.” Minseok had wanted to scold him for using him as human alarm clock, but Sehun looked tired and in the end Minseok was just too fond of him. If he is honest with himself he enjoys crawling out of bed after detangling himself from usually either one arm or leg of the other. He is both an alarm clock and a bigger size plush toy, one that a grown man does not have to feel embarrassed about for cuddling. Kris and his plushies obsession… Anyway.

Minseok makes it a habit to kiss Sehun’s forehead too, before getting up in the morning and he knows it is creepy and he should not, because Sehun is non-consenting and asleep. Minseok is vulnerable in the wake of the day and allows himself that one moment of weakness. He does not get it very often, because Sehun sleeps in his own bed mostly.

It probably is better that way with a job testing their limits depending on how intense promotions are and a lack to take care of ual needs. Lucky who finds himself a girlfriend, but the rest is left with matters in their own hands and the least thing Minseok wants is one of them waking up in the same bed with an to add a stretch to Sehun’s and his relationship. Life is not one of his ideal scenarios. At least not always, because when Minseok stops, what he realizes to be, out-of-line creeping and scheming, it is Sehun who moves closer every step that Minseok backed off.

“Sit with me in the van.” Sehun yawns and falls asleep on his shoulder promptly. “Hyung do you want to be seat neighbors?” Sehun wonders at the airport and Minseok almost slips back into his dangerous pattern. But no, if Sehun pleads then even he, the oldest, can hardly say no and finds his place on Sehun right side with the satisfying feeling that Sehun consciously decided on him. And on Tao, left side, but Minseok blends that out. He is pathetic, he knows it all too well and how not a single of the members is on his case yet seems like a miracle. Minseok himself feels like his emotions are written all over his face when he speaks to Sehun but apparently that is not the case. Luckily.

Minseok considers kicking Sehun out of bed when he finds him soundly asleep next to him after two months of nothing. Tension and stress hard worn him out, causing Minseok to snap at Sehun. On the edge he had told the youngest very bluntly that he was not willing to play alarm clock anymore for someone who overslept on purpose at least 30 more minutes. It had been petty, but Sehun had stayed in his own bed and despite feeling sorry, he didn’t take the words back.

That Minseok does not shove him off has several logical reasons (hardwork, general lack of sleep, etc.), but neither applies. Minseok simply feels irritation and tension draining from him at the sight of Sehun nestled so comfortable into his blanket and selfishly decides the youngest may stay. So, out of habit Minseok brushes the hair in Sehun’s face away and leans in for a gentle press of lips against warm skin. He carefully sits up and prepares to climb out of bed when a cracking voice startles him. “Hyung.” Sehun croakes while sitting up all sleepily and Minseok panics only a little inside his head. “Hyung” Sehun repeats “if I get up 30 minutes after my morning forehead kiss, can I sleep in your bed more often again?” “Your morning kiss…” Minseok trails off and mentally scolds himself for letting slip under his randar that Sehun woke up occasionally from his non-consent action.

The silence seems to be too long because Sehun’s voice cuts through Minseok’s inner monologue.

“Can I?” and for all that Sehun is confident everywhere else, he seems unsure about Minseok’s answer to his request, something that should not be because Minseok is his fellow member, someone he should be comfortable around. Sehun only acts like this when he makes himself and his feelings vulnerable, Minseok has witnessed this a few times with cute trainees and- oh.

Oh.

“I…of course.” Minseok finally replies and leans his forehead against Sehun’s, closing his eyes. He can feel Sehun’s warm breath as well as Sehun’s dry lips as they brush against his, testing the waters. Minseok lets him, slowly joining Sehun in the curious exploration how their lips best fit together. “It can also be a morning kiss on the lips, if you like.” Sehun further suggests and Minseok laughs a little, kissing him until he figures it is time to get up. He starts the day with a broad smile.

Minseok still thinks Sehun is impossible, but he enjoys the comfort of Sehun very possibly feeling the same way about him that he does about Sehun.