Stubborn - Chen/Zhang Liyin [finished]

Collection of finished/unfinished EXO & related drabbles

Pairing: ChenYin
Rating: PG-13
Volume: 484 words

“You can’t.”
“Why not?” Jongdae asks stubbornly and crosses his arms, boring a stare into their manager’s eyes, commanding a detailed explanation. His opposite sighs and tries a softer approach.
“Look, Jongdae, she does not like you that way.”

It stings, Jongdae admits, that people don’t believe he can capture her heart, but he waves it off quickly. He has solid proof that he has.

“Even so” he insists “that is still not a reason. It is not even about Liyin here, it’s about the principle. Why can’t I?”
His manager rests his head in his own hands, sighing at him frustrated.
“You know why.”
“No, I don’t. Explain it to me.” Jongdae remains stubborn. Of course he knows but it is really ridiculous and the management needs to see that.
“Listen, you are part of a popular, adored boy group and being taken can cause harm to your and the group’s image.”
Jongdae snorts obnoxiously loud at that.
“Did you ever hear of One Direction? Me neither, that Harry Styles dating Taylor Swift thing made them vanish from the surface of earth. It’s such a pity.”

Jongdae can see his manager contemplate his life choices after that comment and leans back in his seat. Might as well use the opportunity while he still has the upperhand.


“All I ask for is the company to not make a fuss when I go on dates with Liyin. I do not see how hanging out with her will do anything bad for either her or my image. Her fans are mostly upset with the management and my fans happened to like our chemistry so I am still waiting for a valid argument. If you have one, go ahead. It’s not like you can’t reason with me.“

The frown on his manager’s face tells him that he knows the contrary is the case. He does not want to be reasoned with. All he wants is the company to say okay and start to hold hands with Liyin, staying at her and Stephanie’s place for movies and, if things process nicely, they are adults after all, also stay there overnight. Jongdae wants everything and he plans to push through with his desires. It can only do the other members good if one of them rebels from the inside.

"Fine. I will talk to my superiors about it.”
Jongdae smiles thriumphantly at the words and gets up to hug his manager. He knows he causes him trouble, but he wants this. He wants a stamp on being with Liyin.
“I’ll tell Liyin so she can get her manager to ask too.” Jongdae tells the other, mentioning it casually. His manager laughs disbelieving. Jongdae pulls out his phone, unlocks the screen and shows him the selca Liyin took of them last time. She kisses him.
“You were saying?”

With a cackle he skips off to call Liyin about the news.