Chapter 3

My Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rainy season was ended, a bright sky look so beautiful there. Ji Hyo keep remembering Kook Jong’s word yesterday, somehow after thinking about it more she feel worry because will not able to see Kook Jong agaun. Ji Hyo waiting for Kook Jong near the gate school with an uneasy feeling, but until the bell ringing to that the lesson will start soon she still can’t see Kook Jong and she has to attend her class.

            When the rest time coming, Ji Hyo visiting Kook Jong’s class but she also can’t find him anywhere.

            “excuse me... is today Kook Jong oppa not attending the class again?” ask Ji Hyo curious to one of class 3-1 student.

            “nugu?” he ask unsure.

            “Kook Jong oppa, Kim Kook Jong....” said Ji Hyo clearly.

            “there’s no that name in our class” he tell Ji Hyo.

            “ne? Jinja?” ask Ji Hyo disbelieve.

            “ne... maybe you just make a mistake”

            Ji Hyo stood up at her position silently with a confuse feeling, she then try to ask to another student but she keep get a same answer. In the end, Ji Hyo decided to ask her teacher who’s take care of the students data. Ji Hyo think Kook Jong’s classmate not knowing him because he was not attending the class in a long time.

            “excuse me... may I ask the address of a student?” ask Ji Hyo to the teacher.

            “for what?” ask the teacher curious.

            “he was not attending the class for a long time, I just worry about him, I want to visit him” lied Ji Hyo.

            “alright, who is his name?” ask the teacher again.

            “Kim Kook Jong, class 3-1” answer Ji Hyo. The teacher open the data book of Hongdae student and read every name one by one.

            “there’s no name Kim Kook Jong at the class 3-1” answer the teacher confuse.

            “ye? But he clearly told me he is from class 3-1” said Ji Hyo also confuse.

            “look here, is there one of the picture here who you looking for?” ask the teacher show the data book of class 3-1 student. Ji Hyo observing the picture repeatedly but she can’t find Kook Jong’s picture.

            “keunde... (but) he wear a different uniform style from the common student, but I’m sure it’s Hongdae’s unifrom from the logo. May he the previous generation?” said Ji Hyo unsure.

            “our school was not change the uniform style from a long time, the last time we were changed the model was at 2006, 9 years ago... wait a little...” said the teacher looking for the data book from the 2006 generation.

            “is the uniform model that you mean looks like this?” ask the teacher to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo look at the picture feel confuse.

            “ne... I think it is...” said Ji Hyo unsure.

            “it’s strange, there must no any students again who wear this model, this is so old, well who is his name again?” ask the teacher.

            “Kim Kook Jong, class 3-1” tell Ji Hyo again.

            “is this his picture?” ask the teacher show the picture with name Kim Kook Jong to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo’s eyes is widen when she look at the picture of Kook Jong at the 2006 data book.

            “ne... can I know his address home?” ask Ji Hyo.

            “keunde.... Kim Kook Jong rumored lost 6 years ago, and until now there’s no one who know where is he, everyone guess that he was died” explain teacher to Ji Hyo.

            “anniyoo... he is not died, he is okay, yesterday we even together... may I know where is he live?” ask Ji Hyo again. Even the teacher feel unsure with Ji Hyo’s story that sound nonsense but she finally give Ji Hyo the address of Kook Jong’s home.

            After the class ended, Ji Hyo come to the address of Kook Jong that she get. She ask to some resident there and finally she find an exact address that she looking for. From the neighbor, Ji Hyo heard that the only one who live there is Kook Jong’s mother.

            “excuse me...” said Ji Hyo knok the door gate of the house. In a while an half-old lady appear and open the gate for Ji Hyo.

            “can I help you?” ask the lady to Ji Hyo.

            “actually I’m Kook Jong oppa’s schoolmate, Kook Jong oppa was not attending the class for some days, that’s why I visit him” explain Ji Hyo. The lady looking at Ji Hyo with a strange look, doesn’t understand what she mean.

            “what do you mean?” ask the lady.

            “I’m looking for Kim Kong Jong, a student of Hongdae high school, everyone told me he was died and lost 6 years ago, but yesterday I just met him, how can he died 6 years ago? That’s didn’t make a sense” said Ji Hyo.

            “I’m Kook Jong’s mother, I think it’s better for us to talk inside” said Mrs Kim to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo just following her go inside the house.

            Mrs Kim tell many story to Ji Hyo, 6 years ago at Yoochun village there a storms with heavy rain happened. The heavy rains caused the river to overflow and flooding Yoochun village region near the river. When the day of the storm Kook Jong was conducting tests entered the University of Seoul. However Kook Jong never returned, there has never been any news about Kook Jong since then, no one knows what happened to him and why he could not be found.

            “a mother’s heart can feel is her son still alive or not, but I feel like Kook Jong was left this world” said Mrs Kim with a teary eyes.

            “that’s not make any sense, I just met him, but why everyone tell me he was died?” ask Ji Hyo doesn’t understand.

            “are you maybe met with my son’s ghost? Was he tell you someting? Was he tell you where is his body?” ask Mrs Kim curious.

            “that’s impossible, he is not ghost or something like that, he is just... so... real” said Ji Hyo disbelive.

            “why are you afraid of ghost when you were with the ghost? I’m a ghost who was always with you...” Kook Jong’s word is resoned in Ji Hyo’s mind.

            “no.. it’s not, it’s impossible, he is not ghost” said Ji Hyo shook her head. Ji Hyo stand up with a mox feeling in her hear.

            “he is impossible a ghost” said Ji Hyo again. Ji Hyo turn arround and run from Kook Jong’s house. She can’t believe anything that people said to her about Kook Jong.

            Ji Hyo run fastly to the lake direction, the last place she met Kook Jong, she can see a raft to cross the lake yesterday still at it place. Ji Hyo immediately boarded the raft and row it. Soon when sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter