Chapter 2

My Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As promised that Ji Hyo made to Kook Jong, start from today, Ji Hyo will help Kook Jong about his lesson. They were make promise to meet at library at the rest time. Ji Hyo fastly go to the library and she choose a chair in the corner of room near the window.

“were you waiting for a long time?” ask Kook Jong who suddenly appear. Ji Hyo look at Kook Jong direction and sigh when she knew that his body is drench.

“wet again?” ask Ji Hyo frustrated.

“I told you that I never bring my umbrella, beside, I was use to like this” said Kook Jong sit infront of Ji Hyo.

“did you never getting cold? You’re really something, is the librarian not angry if you make this room wet?” ask Ji Hyo take a towel from her bag beside her.

“he’s not saw me” said Kook Jong relax.

“even so... you make that chair wet” said Ji Hyo pointing the chair where Kook Jong sitting.

“I can dry it later” said Kook Jong lightly.

“wait a minute” said Ji Hyo stand up and walk toward the outside, some minutes later she come back with a coffee cup on her hand.

“for prevent you to getting cold, it willn’t be nice if you get sick when the exam was near” said Ji Hyo offering the hot coffee to Kook Jong.

“will you always give me a hot coffe and your towel when we meet?” ask Kook Jong to Ji Hyo.

“how about you? Do you keep appear infront of me with your drench body?” ask Ji Hyo back.

“I can’t avoid it, I was like this for a long time” said Kook Jong make Ji Hyo confuse.

“whatever... let’s start to study” said Kook Jong change the conversation.

In the end, both of Ji Hyo and Kook Jong start to study together. Ji Hyo and Kook Jong discusses many books and some lesson from their normal lesson. Kook Jong answer many question easily and it obviously different from what he said when he told Ji Hyo that he face a hardness about his lesson. He even can resolve some question from entrance examination of University that Ji Hyo can’t do.

“oh? You’re an expert! I even can’t understand even one question like that, it’s seem like I’m not the one who help you but you’re the one who help me” said Ji Hyo in amazed.

“do you have a plan to continue your study at the exact University?” ask Ji Hyo curious.

“I want to continue at Seoul University” answer Kook Jong.

“geurae? You have a high target, but why did you wasting your time at the bus stop?” ask Ji Hyo again.

“I actually smart enough, I can resolve so many question of entrance examination” said Kook Jong, praise his self avoid Ji Hyo’s question.

“cchh... wait a minute, there’s a question that make me really curious here, let’s see if you really can resolve it” said Ji Hyo busy looking for a question from the book that she hold.

“Ji Hyo-ah... what are you doing alone here? You said you want to study together with your friend” ask Lizzy who suddenly appear and sit infront of Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo look at Lizzy and just find Lizzy alone infront of her without Kook Jong.

“oh? Where did he go?” said Ji Hyo confuse.

“nugu?” ask Lizzy curious. Ji Hyo doesn’t answer her question and just looking arround to find Kook Jong.

“oh? You want to resolve this entrance examination question? It’s very difficult question” ask Lizzy read a question paper on the table.

“that’s difficult to me, but not for Kook Jong, he just resolve the question just now at the paper” explain Ji Hyo.

“Kook Jong? Who is he? But the paper that you mean has no any single of streak, are you dreaming in the middle of day?” ask Lizzy confuse.

“anniya,,,, he really did that here” said Ji Hyo take the paper from Lizzy.

“oh?” said Ji Hyo shock cause she’s not find anything at the paper, she is sure Kook Jong was resolve the question before but now, his handwritting is dissapear.

“did he take it with him? Why is he gone so quickly?” ask Ji Hyo confuse.

“what are you talking about actually? Did you with someone before? But I was saw you alone from the outside” said Lizzy confuse with Ji Hyo’s behave. Ji Hyo just left silent, she just doesn’t understans with the situation that she faced, and where is Kook Jong suddenly go? Ji Hyo look at the wet chair when Kook Jong sit before, but she can’t find even a drop of water there.

“did he dry it already?”ask Ji Hyo in her mind.

“Ji Hyo-ah... what will you do next week?” ask Lizzy then.

“next week? I don’t know...” said Ji Hyo still thinking about Kook Jong, everything about him seem unusuall.

“next week will be the last week of rainy season, I want to take you walking around the village, there are many beautiful place here” said Lizzy excited.

“the last week? Rainy season will be over...” mumble Ji Hyo to her own self.

♪♫♪☻☺♪♫♪

For a long two days are a bright day, the rain was not appear again, rainy season is not really end but it will over soon. And for the two days, Ji Hyo never saw Kook Jong anywhere. She is not sure where she has to looking for him, but his sudden departure two days ago make she really curious about him. Where is he gone? How he can dissapear that fast? All of the question keep haunting her mind. Somehow she remember Kook Jong’s word when they first met when he said that he live under the bus stop building. She doesn’t know what was make her to believe that but without she relaized she was try to go down the edge downhill near the river beside the bus stop.

Ji Hyo go down the slope of the riverbank carefully, even two days was not raining, but because the land slopes near the river, the land on the edge of the river was noticeably loose. Ji Hyo’s feet was multiple time stuck into the ground.

“he must be crazy to told me that he live underground there” mumble Ji Hyo feel unsure but keep continue what was she did so she can see clearly to the under stop bus building.

With all the struggles finally Ji Hyo could see clearly the circumstances under stop bus’s building. But she did not find anything else than loose soil that was wet on the riverbank.

"Tik..tik ... tik ..." suddenly rain started to drizzle, Ji Hyo look up at the sky for a moment and then look back to the ground near the river.

"is there something else out there?" said Ji Hyo curious to see piles of twigs stuck in the corner under the building stops. Ji Hyo tried to take a closer look while holding on to metal chair beside the bus stop. The distance between the surface of the soil to the river is high enough so to see clearly Ji Hyo had to really try to reach as far as possible with her body. But without she knowing it, the rain which flushed makes the chair becomes slippery and Ji Hyo’s grip began to weaken on the handle. At the end Ji Hyo’s grip is slipped and makes Ji Hyo fell into the river.

“byurr!!” the hard sound of Ji Hyo hit the river’s surface.

"Hmmp!" Ji Hyo began to sink and drift.

"what to do ... I can’t swim" murmur Ji Hyo while she continued to move her arms and legs, but could not make her return to the surface and makes Ji Hyo sank deeper and deeper. Ji Hyo began to lose her breath.

In the water, Ji Hyo open her eyes widely. She look arround the water that drowned her deeply. Suddenly some of memory frame haunting her mind, her world feel spinning arround.

There is a little girl who drowned in a river that was a major flood due to rain that never stopped a few days. The girl was trying to reach for the sky that seen from the surface of the water, however she could never reach it. Suddenly she saw a hand trying to grab her and she felt her body lifted up to the water surface.

“byurr!!” someone just jump into river and try to save Ji Hyo. He grab Ji Hyo’s hand and pull Ji Hyo’s body out from the river soon. In a flash Ji Hyo can see the face who was save her life.

“uhuk uhuk!!” Ji Hyo cough hardly when they were at the river’s surface. She turning and find Kook Jong was grab her waist tightly and swimiing take her to the edge.

“uhuk uhuk!!” Ji Hyo can’t say a single word because there are too much water entered and her nose. After they reach the edge, Kook Jong push Ji Hyo’s body so she can lifted up to the ground. After he make Ji Hyo reach the ground, he clim the slope hill. As soon as he reach the hill, Jong Kook tap Ji Hyo’s back who was coughing.

“gwenchana?” ask Kook  Jong worry. Ji Hyo just no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter