Final

Versus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao looks at his father, carefully. They are both sitting in the kitchen, eating their breakfast. Junhui - his brother - is also there. He's using his phone while their father is reading the newspaper. Minghao himself is trying to find the perfect moment to talk.

Clearing his throat he gets the attention of the two other males in the room. Both of them looks at him curiously.

"I... can-," he hesitates and his father motions for him to go on. "Can my friend come over later today?"

He had thought about asking and how to ask for a week now. Settling for saying friend and not boyfriend, he had decided to ask today. Hence here he was.

"Friend?" his father asks, sounding surprised. It wasn't like Minghao to ask about having friends over. Seokmin always came without notice, so this must be a new friend, his father concluded to himself.

"Your mother and I aren't home today though," he says, "but of course he can come over," he continues and smiles at his youngest son.

Junhui however doesn't really seem that fond of the idea. "If it's Mingyu, it's a no go," he says and looks directly at his brother.

Minghao scoffs at him, taking the challenge and looking directly into his brother's eyes. To say that he didn't know that Junhui would be against it, would be a lie. He knew how the other was and he absolutely hated it.

"Why?" Minghao asks, annoyed. "Dad already gave him permission to come over."

Their father is looking at them, confused. That Mingyu isn't really just Minghao's friend, he doesn't know. But the oldest of his sons knows that something is going on between Minghao and his 'friend'. He's not that happy about it at all.

"Well too bad that mom and dad aren't home tonight then," Junhui says, knowing that he has won. When their parents aren't home, he's the one in charge and he's the one giving the permissions.

"Oh, but it would be totally okay for Soonyoung to come and hang out with you, am I right?" Minghao asks, trying to corner his brother and hit a weak spot.

"Soonyoung and I are totally different from you and Mingyu," the older states, figuring out that he shouldn't have said that as soon as he sees the look on his brother's face.

"Really? Because I remember last time whe-" Minghao starts but is interrupted by Jun.

"Fine fine. He can come over," Junhui sighs, clearly frustrated and giving up on the argument.

"Great, thanks." The tone in Minghao's voice doesn't show that they've just had to discuss it. The smile he sends his brother is innocent, but the older just scoffs at him, continuing to eat his breakfast.

Looking from one of his sons to the other, their father shook is head as he left the room, mumbling something about how weird his sons were.

--

"But my brother's there," Minghao tells Mingyu when he sees how happy the other is, that he's able to come over to his place. It was great, but Junhui would be there.

"Is that a bad thing?" Mingyu asks as he places one of his chicken pieces on the shorter boy's plate. The shorter doesn't say anything about it, knowing that his boyfriend is worried about him because of his weight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter