Dad (2/2)

Dad

 

 

 

Sanghyuk could say that he’s happy.  Finally, he could stay with his Appa.  His favorite Appa and Hongbin.  He likes Hongbin.  More than he likes his Dad.

“Morning, Hongbin.” He greets as he took his sit next to Hongbin.  Wonshik hasn’t wake up from his sleep and Sanghyuk knew it too well, once his Appa in deep slumber, not even earthquake could wake him up.

“Morning.” Hongbin smiles and ruffles on Sanghyuk brownish dyed hair. 

It’s been two week Sanghyuk live with his Appa.  He is too happy to finally have his Dad leave him alone.  Too happy that he’s ignoring Hakyeon phone calls on his birthday.  Too happy that he ignored all his Dad messages on wishing his health.  Too happy because eventually, his Dad stops trying to reaches him in any way after a week trying.

“So, ManHyuk, have you thought about going college?”

Sanghyuk grimacing.  It wasn’t because he hates the topic but he planned to enjoy his life with his Appa and coop up the lost time before thinking about furthers his study.

“I don’t know yet. I was thinking on taking a break before college.”

Hongbin nodded.  He sips his coffee before stood up. “I should wake your Appa.  Though it is Sunday, he shouldn’t sleep like a log.”

Sanghyuk laugh at that and help himself for his breakfast. 

 

******

 

Two months.

Sanghyuk begin to wondering.  Though he grew dislike toward his Dad, but not heard anything from his usually nagging Dad somehow worried him.

“Appa,” He calls out as both Wonshik and Hongbin sit on the couch while watching variety show.  Wonshik hums in response but did not turn around.

“…did Dad calls or message you?”

Wonshik stop chuckling at the funny skit and glance at his husband before turn his head to Sanghyuk.

“Nope, not since your birthday.”

“Oh.” Is all Sanghyuk mutters before awkwardly return back to his room.

He lay down on his bed.  Fiddling on his phone for games and movie before he feels bored and stood up.  He wanders on his small bedroom before sit on the floor.  Suddenly, someone knocked on his door and the person behind the door showed up.

“Hey, buddy.  May I come in?” Wonshik push the door wide enough to reveal his body.

“Yeah.”

His Appa came in while holding a small box in his arms.  He went closer and sits in front of the bored Sanghyuk.  He motion to the box and Wonshik smiles.  He put down the box and pushes it to Sanghyuk.

“Go ahead and open it.”

Sanghyuk open the box and he sees lots of photo in there.  He picks one and immediately laughs because the picture showed Wonshik grimace at the baby in front of him.  He immediately recognizes the baby.

“Is this me?”

“Yeah. Your um- I mean Dad force me to changed your diapers.”

Sanghyuk let out an awkward laugh at that.  He quickly rummages inside the box and a picture caught his attention.  It was him, sleeping on his Dad chest.  He notices Hakyeon s look a little redder.

“That’s right, his swollen.” Wonshik said, knew what’s on Sanghyuk head.

Sanghyuk give his Appa a dirty look but Wonshik laugh it off and push his shoulder.

“No, Sanghyuk, it wasn’t my fault, it was yours. You won’t sleep unless you have his s.”

Wonshik took the picture of Sanghyuk hand and stare at it.  A small smile tug at the corner of his lips.

“…you know, I was so young when we first took you home. I’m just 22, you know.”

He turns to Sanghyuk.  His son looks interested. So, he continues,

“…honestly, all I think was . But, don’t get me wrong, I do love your Umma, I mean Dad, urgh just let me call him your Umma ok, I love him but I am not ready to have a baby.  And we’re just got married at that, you know but he’s so eager to brought you home.  So, I just agreed.”

Wonshik took another picture from the box and shove it to Sanghyuk.  He smiles softly.

“…and as I thought, you took all his attention.  Everything he did, it’s all about Sanghyuk.  I have to admitted, I have a thought to take you back to orphanage, but, year by year you grew up adorably.  Appa this, Appa that. But, I’m still need your Umma, ually. But, he keeps refusing me and rejected my approach.”

At that moment, Hongbin leans on the doorframe.  Staring at both father and son. He smiles as Wonshik gesture him to come closer.  He walks towards his husband before lying on Sanghyuk bed.

“…that’s when things happen.”

Sanghyuk frowned. “What happened?”

“Hongbin and I was a colleague, he’s a photographer while I’m made music at the company.  We start of bestfriend, we shared lots of common things. Hakyeon did say he think we’re something.  But I thought that’s what we are.”

Sanghyuk’s frowns deeper.” I don’t understand, Appa.”

Wonshik bit his lower lips.  He took his husband hand into him.

“It’s happened when you’re three.  W-we did stop seeing each other after that. But your Umma did not realize what I need was him. I understand, he’s a doted parent but he should know 3 years without physical relationship, especially for a young man like me, its hurt.”

Sanghyuk was perplexed and he didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know what to do. He stares at both men in front of him.

“Please don’t hate us, Sanghyuk. We took our own way after that one time.”

Wonshik took a deep breathes. “…your Umma and I fixed everything, our marriage and our night life.  But I don’t know that Hongbin’s and I would see each other again and it was when you’re 10.  We was, we was planned a friendly meeting, he’ll come visit my house, get to know my family.  And since Hakyeon need to work and I took care of you, I thought, nothing going to happen.”

“…eventually, something happened. And your Umma, he caught us.

Sanghyuk gasped at the confession. He looks at his Appa and Hongbin.  A deep frowns carve on his forehead.

“I don’t understand.  He caught you…cheating?”

Wonshik nodded. The grip on Hongbin tightens.

“Is that that the reason he left you?!”

Nods.

“What?! And all these years I’ve blame everything on him for leaving you!”

Sanghyuk stood on his feet. Disbelief on the news he just heard.  He shook his head and glaring at both Wonshik and Hongbin.

“…I have always thought he have someone else.”

“Listen, Hyuk-ah, your Umma will never do that. He left me because he protecting you.  Because he thought I am irresponsible to do things while you’re home.”

Wonshik laugh at his statement and Sanghyuk almost growl at him for that.

“…that’s how much he loves you, Hyuk.  He did not mad because he was cheated but because his precious son was there while I’m with Hongbin. So, stop hating him, okay.”

Sanghyuk shook his head in disbelief and quickly leave the room.

 

*****

 

Sanghyuk feels betrayed. For 7 years, he grew hatred towards his dad because he thought his Dad is a cheater.  For 7 years, he adores his Appa for his kind treatment towards his Dad though he remarried. But more importantly, he felt guilty.  Guilty for hating his Dad without knowing the truth.

He wanders on the neighborhood before decided he to go back to his Appa house.

“I think, I want to visit Dad. He hasn’t called me for awhile.” He said and quickly went to his room. He packs his things but stop as he heard knock on his door. Hongbin came in and sit himself on Sanghyuk study table.

“I hope you don’t hate us.” Hongbin started.

“I don’t know what to feel, I don’t think I’m hate you guys but it’s not like I don’t mad either.”

Hongbin smiles bitterly.  He looks at the things Sanghyuks were pack into his bag. Photos, Cds and others teen stuff.

“I really hope that you would stay for another day. Don’t run here and there every time you can’t handle something.”

Sanghyuk stop from putting his shirt into his bag.  He glances up to Hongbin and he could see Hongbin really mean for him to stay.  He let out a soft huffed and plopped next to Hongbin.  He put his bag on the floor and slowly leans on Hongbin shoulder.

“I’m always being a jerk to Dad because the last memory I had before he took me away was Appa knelt down and begged for his forgiveness.”

He could feel Hongbin pat on his back. He straightens up and turns to Hongbin.

“How long it took Dad to forgive you guys?”

“Not so long, I think two weeks after?”

Sanghyuk lowered his head.

“…that’s why your Appa asked you not to hate your Dad. He had been through a lot for you.  He even stays single to raise you. Can you imagine it? Seven whole years! Can you imagine that?!”

Sanghyuk hissed. “Stop made me feels guilty than I am, Hongbin.”

Hongbin laugh as Sanghyuk shoves him of the bed. He glances at the watch before stood up.

“Stay, at least for few days, then let your Dad knew you’re coming home.”

*****

 

Sanghyuk stood still in front of Hakyeon’s house. It was 10 minutes ago he arrived at his Dad house. He asked his Appa not to come along and usher him away once Wonshik dropped him.  Hongbin told him to tell his Dad he’ll come home but he didn’t. He took a deep breath and finally, he rings the bell. His key was long gone since he went to his Appa house. He braces himself for any possibility of his Dad would jump on him.

1…

He heard soft steps from behind the door.

2…

He heard the door unlocked

3…

He squint his eyes for the impact.

“Sanghyuk?”

He opens his eyes and saw a pale skinned, handsome and tall man standing in front of him and holding the door with a questionable looks.

“Taekwoon? What are you doing here? Where’s Dad?”

Quickly, he shoves Taekwoon aside and went inside.  He looks around and almost feels relief as the furniture still the same way before he’s leaving only, there’s a few addition of magazines, lyrics book and mug.

“Are you…?” Sanghyuk eyed Taekwoon suspiciously but the older male only hushes him and ushers him to sit.

“Where’s Dad?”

“He’s asleep.  He caught a cold.”

Sanghyuk almost ran to Hakyeon room but stop midway as his dad showed up with only boxer and a t-shirt while rubbing his eyes. Both stunned before Hakyeon turn to Taekwoon and let himself comfortable in the taller male arms.

“I think the pills made me seeing things. I thought Hyuk was here.”  He said while buried himself into Taekwoon chest.

“I am here, dad.”

Sanghyuk thought he heard something creak before Hakyeon turn around and stare at him wide eyes.  Quickly, he shoves Taekwoon and jump on Sanghyuk.

“Oh my god, you’re real!”

Sanghyuk feels guilty as he could see his Dad begin to tears. He was crush in Hakyeon embraces and he feels even guiltier at Hakyeon nonstop ‘I’m sorry, Hyuk’. Once a while glance at Taekwoon.  He has the fatherly smile as he meet Sanghyuk eyes.

“Ah! My head!” Suddenly Hakyeon said and deep his forehead on Sanghyuk neck.

“Let’s get you on bed.” Taekwoon said, trying to pull Hakyeon from Sanghyuk.

“No! My son just got back. He’ll run again if I let him go!” Hakyeon struggles from Taekwoon grip and Taekwoon have to admitted, for a sick man, Hakyeon still have strength.

“Don’t worry dad, I’ll be here the moment you wake up. Go ahead and take a good rest.”

 

******

 

“When did this happen?”

It was the first word Sanghyuk asked the next morning because he couldn’t get any answer last night, Taekwoon stayed inside his Dad room afterward.  He went to the kitchen to find his Dad kissing Taekwoon while Taekwoon hands expertly flip on their breakfast. As they heard Sanghyuk voice, Hakyeon quickly pull himself of Taekwoon and went to Sanghyuk.

“I’m glad you’re home. You’re back for good right?” Hakyeon said and Sanghyuk knew it better that Hakyeon trying to avoid his question. 

“I thought you and Taekwoon were life-long friend, but from what I see, I don’t think it is. When did this happen, dad?”

Hakyeon bit his lips and shook his head.  He give Sanghyuk a neck chop before quickly run to his room.

“I feel dizzy. Bye!”

Sanghyuk stares at the empty hall way before turn to Taekwoon.

“When did this happen?” He asked but the only answer his got was a shove of pancake into his mouth and Taekwoon hold up a finger to his lips.

“Shh.” And the older male followed Hakyeon and quickly shut the door.

Sanghyuk bit the remaining pancake before went to Hakyeon room and knock on the locked door.

“Dad!”

 

 

 

 

It’s getting out of hand. Like what the fishery I am written?