Bonus NEO

Dad
 

 

A/N: Double updated. Check out previous chapter if you haven't. Love ya.

 

 

 

Taekwoon surprised.

He glances at his watch a few times and he confirmed it is still early. He knew Hakyeon schedule. He suits himself on the couch at the corner of the studio. His brows knitted together from the blaring music.

‘Too loud’ He thought but let it slips as he stares at the male in front of him.

The body movement still as fluid as in their early 20s, when they started to have the silly dream to run a studio, Taekwoon as a producer – producing music and songs, while Hakyeon teaches dances. And for that, Taekwoon would pat himself on the back as the studio still doing well and good, thanks to Hakyeon marketing strategy and his produced song.

The ‘Click’ on the radio brings him back and he sees Hakyeon breathing a labor. He sees Hakyeon crouching and coughing. Quickly, he padded to Hakyeon and pulls him to the couch.  He forced the tanned male to sit still before he went to the fridge and took a bottle of water. He handed to Hakyeon and the older male uncapped the bottle impatiently and chug down.

“You can tell me if you want.”

Taekwoon started after Hakyeon begin to calm down.

“From the choice of song and the loudness, I knew something is wrong.”

Hakyeon leans back while shaking his head. He sighs and slowly leans into Taekwoon shoulder. He sighs again.

“I guess I’m a bad parent.”

Taekwoon let out a soft sigh and mutters a very soft ‘Sanghyuk’ and Hakyeon nodded.

“He moved to his Appa.”

“Yesterday?”

Taekwoon get no reply but he knew the answer.  He feels Hakyeon deeps his face on his shoulder and slowly he pulls Hakyeon closer. He pat on Hakyeon back and let the male cry.

Because Hakyeon rarely cries since he got Sanghyuk.

 

*******

 

 

Taekwoon blinks his eyes as Hakyeon huffed harshly.  His eyes look between Hakyeon and his broken phone – Hakyeon just slammed the phone on the wall – on the floor.  He stares back at Hakyeon and the older male shrugged.

“I had enough of his attitude.” Hakyeon said before stomped out of their studio.

Taekwoon knew so well. It has to be Sanghyuk.  He’s been listening to Hakyeon constant whines on Sanghyuk refusal to take his call and messages. The boy hasn’t picking up his call nor answering his messages not even when his Dad wished his birthday. And today must be his limit.

Taekwoon pick up the broken phone and put it on his bag. He tidy up the studio before locked everything and headed to his apartment where he believes the latter would be there, he’s been crashing on his place since three weeks ago.

He was right.

Right in front of the entrance, Hakyeon standing there and smoke, a habit he has stop as soon as he got Sanghyuk. Taekwoon shook his head.  He pulls the cigarette out and put it off. Before Hakyeon could protest, he shoves him a candy and his broken phone before headed to the elevator.

“Not cool, Taekwoon.”

Taekwoon scoffed and hold the elevator for Hakyeon as the older male padded to get in.

“I thought you’ve stop smoking.”

“I did.”

Taekwoon eyes side him and scoffed.

“I’m stressed.”

“I thought we’re old enough to know drugs, alcohol and tobacco are not stress reliever.”

Taekwoon heard Hakyeon groans and playfully nudges his rib.

“Shut up, Mom.”  Taekwoon shook his head before flick on Hakyeon forehead. He earned a chop on his neck for that.

They arrive at Taekwoon floor and suddenly it becomes a race before Taekwoon play dirty and win. He laughs out loud as Hakyeon did his stank face and demand a rematch. They went inside while Hakyeon on Taekwoon back as a revenge of Taekwoon dirty play.

They clean up and have pizza, Taekwoon bought on his way home, before Hakyeon doze off with half eaten pizza on his hand. Taekwoon shook his head. It’s been awhile he sees Hakyeon like this. Dozing off while eating, while talking, while watching his favorite movie and he knew it so well that Hakyeon busied himself because he is lonely.

“Such a doted Dad.” Taekwoon mutters while tuck Hakyeon into a comfortable position. He stares at Hakyeon tired face and leans down to kiss his lips.

“Good night, Hakyeon.”

 

******

 

Taekwoon get up the next morning with Hakyeon nowhere to be found.   But he found coffee and toast on the table. He reaches his phone but remembered that Hakyeon broke his phone and decided to call the office but didn’t get the answer. He shrugged it off and decides to wash up before headed to his studio.

When he arrives at the studio, he sees Hakyeon were teaching a few of boys and girls, his students. He briefly greets them and headed to his own room. Today, he has a meeting with a newcomer singer to discuss on her debut song.

After the meeting, he went straight to his apartment because he finishes late in the evening and expected to see Hakyeon waiting as usual. He has offer him to have his copy of key but the older male refused by saying he only stay for few days and that he enjoys waiting.

But, Hakyeon wasn’t at his usual spot. He didn’t stand there, at the entrance and grins and greets everyone like an idiot. Taekwoon frowned. He looks around as he thought Hakyeon would jumps on him from behind the bushes but no.  He went to the security post but the guard said he hasn’t seen Hakyeon. He quickly went upstairs with the thought Hakyeon might waits for him there but as he get to his apartment, Hakyeon isn’t there. This got Taekwoon worried.

 

******

 

Taekwoon caught Hakyeon as soon as he sneakily tried to go home after his class. He has his shoes on his hand and tiptoed his way out.

“What are you doing, Hakyeon?” Taekwoon asked. He holds on the door while Hakyeon have his back on the wooden door.

“I-I was, I’m going home, of course.” Taekwoon frowned at the stutters. He looks down on Hakyeon with suspicious. The laughs at the end of Hakyeon words were too awkward.

“You’re avoiding me.”

And the bit on Hakyeon lips proves Taekwoon point. Taekwoon frowned again. He observes Hakyeon body language and a soft gasps slips of his lips.

“You were awake, aren’t you?”

Taekwoon couldn’t help it but sighs as he could see Hakyeon cheeks turning dust pink. Hakyeon avoiding his eyes contact with all cost.

“Did you hate it? Did you hate the kiss? Or is it me?”

Taekwoon feels his heart broke as Hakyeon push him. The older male grip on his shoe tightly.  He turns around and twists the knob. He stops midway.

“We should forget everything. I didn’t want us becomes awkward around each other.”

That night, Taekwoon thought he should’ve kept that feeling to himself. The 12 years of harboring his feeling towards Hakyeon.

 

******

 

But, it didn’t take long before Taekwoon determine his 12 years of holding back his feeling should not go wasted that right now, he is in Hakyeon house. Staring at the latter with fried chicken on his hand and soft drink on the other.

“I’m not giving up.” He said before make himself inside.

“But, I, Taekwoon…”

“I said I’m not giving up.”

Hakyeon sighs. He went to the kitchen as Taekwoon make himself comfortable and looks for plate and stuff. He brings along dips he thought would be good with the chicken.

Both sit on the couch while let the TV awkwardly flickered.  The silent almost chokes both of them. So, Taekwoon put the chicken thigh down and force Hakyeon to look at him. He grips on Hakyeon wrist tight enough to make Hakyeon put the half bitten thigh back on his plate.

“I don’t ask you to say yes now. But, I hope you won’t outright rejecting me.”

His voice was soft and hopeful. He let go of Hakyeon’s hand and caress his palm. He sees Hakyeon sighs softly. Hakyeon lips clasp on tight line. Awkwardly rub his nape.

“I don’t know, Taekwoon. I-I think I need times. Please.”

Taekwoon sighs and nodded. He gathers his things before stood up. He glances at Hakyeon as the older male didn’t move from his previous position.

“Have all the time you need. I’ll be waiting.”

He pats on Hakyeon head before walk out.

And he didn’t see Hakyeon for the next five days.

 

*****

 

When Taekwoon almost gave up, Hakyeon popped in front of his apartment in Saturday morning. The older male brings him Donuts and coffees. He awkwardly stood in front of Taekwoon and shifted his foot as Taekwoon only stared at him.

“Shouldn’t you invite me in?”

Taekwoon thought Hakyeon grins is too blinding and he blinks few times.

“Y-yeah, come in.” He makes way and Hakyeon hops in.

He stares in confusion as Hakyeon makes himself at home by rummaging his fridge for milk. He stares at every move Hakyeon made. Once a while Hakyeon glance up to Taekwoon and smiles. He ushers Taekwoon to eat while bit his donut.

After awkward breakfast, Hakyeon took deep breaths.

“I’ll cut the chase, I want you too.”

Taekwoon almost chokes at his coffee at the confession. His eyes widen. Looking into the honesty and the pink shaded on Hakyeon cheeks answer it all.

“For real?”

Nods.

He’s squinting suspiciously. “Why’s the change?”

He sees the older male bit his lips as he took another deep breaths.

“I am realizes that I love you too. It wasn’t because I am lonely but I knew I want you. You made me comfortable…”

Hakyeon stops as he feels his cheeks warm. He fans himself before launch himself to Taekwoon and bear hugged him.

“I just like you back, okay! Stop asking!”

Taekwoon couldn’t help but laugh at Hakyeon attics and hugs him back. He pecks on Hakyeon cheek and take in his smells.

“I’m glad.”

Hakyeon pulls himself and stare at Taekwoon.

“But, just so you know, I haven’t done this for a while I may be awkward at everything.”

Taekwoon hushes Hakyeon and pull him back into his embrace.

“We’ll take it slow. There’s nothing to rush for, right?”

Hakyeon feels his heart swells. “Right.”

They stares into each other before Taekwoon initiates a kiss and Hakyeon obligate to kiss him back, cheeks flushed and he understands the feeling of ‘butterfly in my stomach’ all over again but he like it.

“I love you, Hakyeon.”

“I love me too.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: OMG!!! LR is so hot! I can hear Hakyeon bugging LR "Is it hot?"