3. fika (wontaek)

Vocabulary (VIXX pairing one shots)

coffeeshop!au

prompt: no prompt 

wontaek for vixxleoravilover

_______________________________________

3. fika

taekwoon is obsessed with latte, but hakyeon can’t fire him because he’s hot and most of his female customers come for the silent guy (not like he would anyway, he loves having taekwoon around because its like talking to a living breathing wall that never tells him that he’s annoying).

the bell rings and taekwoon puts down his latte to look at the guy walking to the counter with jaehwan. he straighten his posture in alert. he knows jaehwan, he’s that kid from high school that pulls prank on every single teacher he knows, but still manages to make everyone can’t help but adore him. he’s grown a lot now compared to two years ago -his shoulders are broader, his hair is styled up, his nose is still the same, just sharper and his jawline is more defined and taekwoon caught himself staring. but his attention is back to the kid next to him in a second. he has brown tousled hair, taekwoon thinks he probably needs another dye because his black roots are showing. he’s wearing a tank top and his tattoos are showing.

its probably the summer breeze, but the room suddenly feels hotter than it should be.

jung taekwoon?” jaehwan speaks, and taekwoon rolls his eyes because wow he still sounds like a lost little kid. he almost reached out to pinch his cheeks. 

“yes, lee jaehwan, what would you like?” he says, smile in his voice even though his face looks nothing near happy. 

jaehwan beams anyway, “i actually have no idea, any recommendations?” he asks. 

taekwoon’s mouth twitched, obvious answer halfway rolling off his tongue as hakyeon stepped in, “no, taekwoon, we don’t recommend latte,” he sighed, taken over the counter, leaving a pouting taekwoon beside him. “do you know what type of drinks you’re going for?” hakyeon asks kindly. 

“hmm,” jaehwan thinks, looking up at the menu on the wall above the counter. “maybe something cold, just came from practice.” he said. the kid next to jaehwan (taekwoon still had no idea what his name was) rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

“all you did was sing that high note again and again, hyung.” he spoke, and taekwoon felt like his heart was going to leap out of his throat if he spoke. hakyeon eyed him warily as if he knows what the younger is thinking and shoved his elbow into taekwoon’s ribs. taekwoon yelped and mumbled a threat under his breath before regaining his composure. 

“iced latte,” taekwoon answers, “its really good.” hakyeon huffs in mock annoyance. 

“i’ll have an iced mocha then.” jaehwan grins, obviously having fun teasing the older. taekwoon groans and the kid laughs next to jaehwan. taekwoon’s finger freeze on the touch pad. he was pretty sure that was the most beautiful thing he’d heard in his whole twenty living years. 

what the is wrong with me? I’m jung freaking taekwoon and i don’t get startled, gosh.

“wonshikkie?” jaehwan looks to his right at wonshik. wonshik smiled at taekwoon, his eyes playful.

“i’ll have what you’re having, taekwoon-ssi.” 

he swears his heart stopped beating for a moment, he thought he was going to die. 

“okay.” he croaked out.

“so,” wonshik leans on the counter and taekwoon’s eyes landed at his defined biceps and chest muscles. he gulped and looked away, sipping on his latte. “have you known jaehwan hyung for a long time?” wonshik casually asks. 

“he was one of the pranksters in high school,” taekwoon says, eyeing jaehwan who was talking to hakyeon at the cookie side of the counter. “i’m surprised he even knew my name.” 

“I’m sure you were popular, weren’t you the student council?” 

his breath hitch, wonshik knows about him. “y-yeah, like, ages ago.” 

wonshik leaned in further, face just merely an inch away from taekwoon's beat red one. “do you give jaehwan hyung detention?” wonshik whispered, an amused smile playing on his lips.

taekwoon gulps. “i- i try n-not to get involved with him.” he says. 

wonshik giggled, “cute” he mumbles. 

“wonshik-ah, you want a cookie?” jaehwan asks from the other end of the counter, before raising an eyebrow at them. it took him a second to register what wonshik was doing. he gasped in shock overdramatically, “were you hitting on taekwoon?!?!?” he shrieked. 

“yeah.” wonshik said a matter of factly. taekwoon’s legs weakened and he had to lean on the counter for support. 

“GAHHHH!!!” jaehwan yelled in a whispery manner, running towards them with his hands in the air. “the girls will kill you.” 

“what?” wonshik chuckles at his over reacting hyung. “who girls?”

“taekwoon’s fan girls, they come around every now and then, and glares at anyone that hits on him.” hakyeon explained, taekwoon huffed. “which is why he never got himself a girlfriend.” 

girlfriend?” wonshik asks, eyes gleaming because the reaction taekwoon gave was nothing near what a straight guy would do. taekwoon's eyes meet his, like they were speaking, telling him something. “i see.” he smiled, before turning back to jaehwan. “i’ll have a choc chip cookie.” 

“alrighty~” he sing-songed before skipping towards hakyeon’s side of the counter. 

“say, taekwoon-ssi,” woshik’s voice dropped lower and softer. taekwoon hates himself for the reactions he has on this guy. “do you have a paper towel?”

taekwoon nodded, not trusting his voice anymore. he reached below the counter and took out a few, only to see wonshik holding up a pen. taekwoon handed one to the guy and looked as he scribbled messy numbers on it before shoving it into taekwoon’s shirt’s front pocket. 

“let’s go for a drink someday.” he says, grinning.

“do you…” taekwoon bites his lips, “do you do this to everyone?” he says, lowering down his head.

“huh?” wonshik sounded shocked at the question. then he let out a soft chuckle. he let his head fall down, looking at the floor with a tired huff, “no,” he said. “no, i actually don’t. this is the first time i’ve ever done this.” he reached out for taekwoon’s hand to place it on his chest. “my heart is beating like crazy, i think i might need medical treatment.” 

taekwoon’s mouth curled up into a smile. “yeah.” he looks at wonshik in the eye, “yeah, we should.” 

“wonshik-ah, your drink’s ready.” hakyeon called out and taekwoon immediately pulled his hand back, continuing to busy himself with arranging the sugar packets on the counter, which wonshik thought really made no difference. he chuckled before walking over to pick up his drink. 

jaehwan had another rehearsal after this and they had to go back to campus so they bid the two barristers goodbye. 

“come often!” hakyeon waved. 

“sure!” jaehwan shone his eye smile and skipped out of the cafe. wonshik waved to taekwoon and had his hand up, his thumb to ear and little finger to mouth as though they were a telephone receiver. 

“call me.” he said, taekwoon nodded and gave him a small smile. “i’ll come again, taekwoon-ssi, see you around.” 

hyung,” taekwoon mumbled, focusing on his fingers tapping on the counter. the cafe was quiet, it was that time of the day when no one wanted to go outside because of the burning heat and taekwoon feels his cheeks growing as hot as the asphalt outside by the second.

“what?” wonshik tilted his head ever so slightly.

“call me hyung.” taekwoon said in that soft which that had ladies melting. 

wonshik grinned, “alright,” he says. “see you around, hyung.” 

“see you.” taekwoon smiled. 

he went back home that day early because hakyeon just would stop teasing him about it. and maybe also to send wonshik a text.

 

 

 

fika
-(v.) drinking coffee along with eating something sweet.

 

________________________________________________________________

im sorry this took so long!!! i legit had no idea what to write until fifteen minutes ago and this came up so... send me request for any pairings, see you wonderful peeps soon, ily <3

next up: neo for suriririn