First Impressions

My Roommate Is A Pain in My
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yah! Baekhyun if you don’t come down in five minutes, I’m leaving your here!” Kyungsoo yelled upstairs at his roommate. He hated being late, especially when it came to his job. Unfortunately, carpooling with his diva best friend, who took an hour on his eyeliner alone, made being on time nearly impossible.

“Aish I’m ready calm down Squishy!”

“I told you to stop calling me that, prick.” Kyungsoo hated that nickname. Despite begging his friends to stop, everyone called him that because he was “just so damn cute.” At 22 years old, cute was the last thing he wanted to be. Why couldn’t he be tall and y or at least have those intense eyes his fellow short bestie was graced with?

“Awww, but you’re just so….. SQUISHY!” Baekhyun squealed while pinching his best friends’ cheeks.

“ off. We’re already late. Chanyeol is going to start docking our pay if you keep this up.” Thank God the bar/bistro the two friends worked at was only 5 minutes away from their apartment. Driving like a demon, they arrived in 10 seconds short of 3 minutes.

As they walked into the establishment, Baekhyun teased Kyungsoo “ You just want to look like a responsible adult for your boyfrieeeeend! OW!!” Kyungsoo got a good punch in before the pup could continue his torture.

“Squishy has a boyfriend? Is that why you guys are late today?? What’s the matter, couldn’t bare to part from your honey?” Hearing a familiar voice, Kyungsoo turned around to see his manager teasing him.

“No Channie, he wishes. Actually, there IS this guy that he… AISH! What was that for!?” Earning himself another punch, the pup looked up at the wide eyed boy. Baekhyun seriously didn’t know how to keep his mouth shut.

“No Chanyeol, I don’t have a boyfriend! One hundred percent single here!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. . That sounded too eager. I hope he didn’t catch that. I swear I’m going to kill Baekhyun when we get home.

Kyungsoo had been living with his best friend for almost a year now and working at the bar for 6 months of that year. The two best friends applied for jobs as waiters together and the first day there was the beginning of Kyungsoo’s first love. Unfortunately, he had no idea if his affection for his bar manager was returned.

 

 

***FLASHBACK***

“Hey there, can I assume that you two are the new trainees?” Kyungsoo looked up and saw a tall, handsome man smiling from ear to ear.

“Uhh….. uhmmmm….”

“Yes! We are excited to start our first day!” Baekhyun interrupted his best friends brain fart. Sometimes that little diva was convenient to have around, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

“Awesome. My name is Chanyeol. I’ll be training you for the week.”

While the taller male showed the two trainees around the restaurant, Kyungsoo whispered to his best friend a very soft dibs only to have the diva look at him with a sour face. Good. He wasn’t interested.

“Since its your first day, I just want you two to shadow me and see how it’s done. By the end of the week you’ll be on your own….”

God. How could someone be so tall and y and cute and crap, this is the best job ever. I’m never quitting.

“…but feel free to ask any of the employees questions. Think of them as your new family….”

Seriously, who knew I would meet my soulmate today?

“Oh but remember this is still a business, so relationships with employees are not allowed.”

Well, .

***FLASHBACK END***

 

“I can’t believe you’re late again! You’re seriously too much of a pushover Kyungie. Why don’t you just leave the diva to fend for himself?”

“Yah! So it was YOU who put that idea in my squishy’s head! Zitao, I don’t care if you are a wushu God, I will murder you if Kyungsoo ever leaves me!” Suffocating Kyungsoo in a hug, Baekhyun spat at the taller boy.

Kyungsoo really looked up to Zitao. Literally. The guy was like 5 inches taller than him. But even though the kid was younger than him, he had an intense work ethic and a no-bull personality that Kyungsoo really admired. That’s probably why he agreed to....

“No worries SQUISHY, only 3 more weeks and you won’t have to chauffer the twerp around anymore.” Zitao laughed after stressing the ‘squishy’ knowing how much it irritated his hyung.

Kyungsoo almost forgot that he was moving out of the apartment he shared with his best friend. He obviously still wasn’t taking it very well.

Thinking about not living with his best friend still made Kyungsoo nervous. Sure, the kid was a pain in the and irritated him to no end, but he was still his favorite person in the world. No one understood Kyungsoo’s weird quirks as well as Baekhyun. He remembered the fight they had when he told him he was moving out.

 

***FLASHBACK***

“WHAT THE DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE MOVING OUT IN THREE MONTHS!?” Baekhyun was furious.

Kyungsoo had waited long enough to tell his best friend the news. For this exact reason. An angry Baekhyun was terrifying.

“Baekkie, listen! I don’t want to move out, I just can’t afford a two bedroom anymore! The four bedroom apartment wit

Please log in to read the full chapter