Different Species Can Be Similar

Meow! Crayon Power!

 

"It feels good to be back home. Although the air is completely different than I remember," Hongbin said stepping out of the space ship.

"Ugh, look what the humans have done with this place! It's a mess!" said Hyuk, following his hyung out of the ship.

"This is the location that N told us to meet him at, but where is he?" said Hongbin. Hyuk shrugged and walked around, taking a look at all of earth's features. It was then he saw a bumble bee and freaked out, zapping it with his laser gun.

"Hyuk! What do you think you're doing??? You can't aimlessly use your weapon here! We don't want anyone to know we're aliens..yet. N said that we should blend in for now and keep a low profile," said Hongbin.

"Sorry hyung. That thing freaked me out! Did you see it's pointy thingy on its ?? It could have annihilated me."

"Just don't do it again. Come on, let's have a look around while we wait for N," said Hongbin.

"I'm staying right here. I don't want to breathe this putrid air," Hyuk said sitting down and crossing his arms.

"You already are.." Hongbin mumbled under his breath. He ignored his comrad and decided to go for a walk on his own. Although the members of the VIXX clan were aliens, they had the appearance of handsome young men, so they didn't have to worry about receiving any strange looks. Hongbin naturally walked down the streets, looking left and right at all the different shops and attractions. The sights and smells were all new to him and even though his leader and entire clan hated what earth had become, he found himself intrigued. He was so distracted that he didn't even see the girl he bumped into. She fell to the ground, first, dropping all of her books.

"I'm so sorry," she said bowing. Hongbin gave a confused expression.

"You don't need to apologize. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," he said. The girl refused to look up as she continuously apologized. Hongbin smiled and extended an arm to help her stand up. She blinked a few times while looking at him, then took his hand.

"My name is Hongbin, what's yours?"

"I-I'm Choa."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Choa blushed a little and shyly brushed her hair from in front of her face. "I see you like to read," said Hongbin.

"Oh um yes I do. I always like to carry a good book with me wherever I go, and since I don't have very many friends, I have plenty of time for reading," said Choa.

"Oh? Why don't you have many friends? I thought earthlings were very social?" said Hongbin, then slapped himself in the forhead after realizing he said earthlings. 

"I don't know. I guess I'm just different," said Choa.

"There's nothing wrong with being different."

"Yeah, you're right," Choa said with a smile to Hongbin. "Wait a second, what did you mean by earthlings?"

"Oh that, well you see I'm writing my own novel about an alien who's just come to earth and is new to everything, so I decided to incorporate it in my everyday dialogue," said Hongbin.

"You write your own novels?? Wow that's really cool! I would love to read one one day if you would let me," Choa said with a blush.

"Of course. Heh, I guess I'm quite different myself huh?" Hongbin replied with a chipper smile.

"We have that in common then. You must be really talented to write your own works. Have you ever published anything before?"

"No I haven't. It never crossed my mind. Besides I'd never have enough time. My leader nags a lot."

"Leader?"

"I mean um my older brother! He wants me to focus on other things, so I never have time to enjoy my own interests."

"Well that's not very fair. You should be able to do what you want to do and what makes you happy." Choa said with a pout. Hongbin smiled.

"That's so sweet of you to say," he said. Choa smiled at him, then looked down at her watch and gasped.

"Oh no! I'm gonna be late for work! I just started working at this cafe and today is my first official day! It was really nice meeting you, Hongbin! You should come visit at the cafe! I can serve you tea, cakes, scones, anything you like!"

"I'd like that. I'd really like that. Until next time, sweetheart," Hongbin said as he gently placed a kiss on Choa's hand. She smiled and looked at her hand for several moments.

"I um teehee um so the cafe, it's a pink building right downtown, you can't miss it! Um I have to go, bye!" Choa studdered nervously, unable to contain her child-like giggle. She waved goodbye to Hongbin and ran off. Hongbin stood, watching her go.

"I guess I'll have to start writing a novel then."