A Girl With a Porpoise

Meow! Crayon Power!

 

"Okay so what's the scoop?" Geummi asked curiously as she and Ellin were sitting at a table at the cafe, waiting for customers.

"So I asked him out," Ellin said smiling.

"Annnnnnddddd??" 

"He said yes!!" 

"Aha! See I told you everything would work out! Just think about it. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be going out with him. I am a genius," Geummi said pompously.

"I guess you're right. We're going on a date this Saturday! A real date, as an official couple! I'm so excited!" Ellin squealed. "Agh!!" Ellin yelled as a cup of water was spilled on her from behind. She quickly turned around to find Kai standing behind her with a glass in his hand.

"Oops sorry. I didn't see you sitting there," he said. Ellin stood up and grabbed a towel to wipe herself off.

"You know what? Nothing you do or say will get to me today because I'm in just in too good of a mood!" Ellin said with a big smile.

"Hmph. You're so stupid. I can't believe you're actually going out with that loser. I bet he's gonna cheat on you," said Kai.

"You don't even know him! Stop talking about him like that!" Ellin quickly defended.

"I did my research last night. He's a skilled kendo player and is apparently extremely popular and wanted by a lot of girsl at your school. He could have anyone he wants, yet he chose you. Probably because he thinks you're easy. There's so many people who are prettier than you. He's just using you to get what he wants," said Kai. 

"H-How could you say that..." Ellin said, tears swelling up in her eyes. Before Kai could say anything else, Ellin ran towards the bathroom and locked the door behind her.

"Harsh much?" Geummi said sipping her tea.

"I didn't mean to say that," said Kai.

"You're never going to learn, are you? That's not the way to get what you want," said Chanyeol as he emerged from the kitchen.

"Making a girl cry. What a jerk," said Geummi.

"I didn't mean to! It just came out! I'm sorry!"

"Don't apologize to me. Go apologize to Ellin," said Geummi. Kai sighed and walked towards the bathroom, standing by the door waiting for Ellin to come out.

"He's really head over heels isn't he?" Geummi asked Chanyeol.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"Seriously. Anyone could've figured that out. He's just too obvious." Just then, the cafe doors opened and four girls with school uniforms came in and sat down at a table.

"Can you wait on them?" Chanyeol asked Geummi.

"It's my tea time. Ellin can do it," she replied.

"You work here too, you know. It's only fair to Ellin," said Chanyeol. Geummi sighed and stood up, then walked over to the table the girls sat down at.

"Can I take your order?" she said unenthusiastically.

"We'll have one of everything," said one of the girls.

"One..of everything???" Geummi asked in shock.

"That's right, and Choa's gonna pay for it. Isn't that right, Choa?" said another girl. Then three of the girls turned to look at the fourth, who's head was down and looked as if she were depressed.

"I said right Choa???" the girl repeated. Choa shut her eyes tightly and nodded.

"Yes.." she replied softly.

"That's what I thought. If you wanna hang out with us then you'd better answer when we speak to you," said the other girl. Geummi curled her lip in disgust. Since she attended Shinhwa Academy, she saw a lot of situations like this where the richer kids would bully the less fortunate. It wasn't really her style, and she hated it when people took it too far.

"One of everything coming right up.." Geummi replied giving the three mean girls an angry look. She then walked back to the kitchen.

Ellin came out of the bathroom, wiping her eyes with a tissue when she noticed Kai standing there. "Leave me alone," she said.

"Look I didn't mean to take it that far, okay? I just don't wanna see you get hurt," he said.

"Since when do you even care about me??" Ellin shouted.

"I've always cared about you, stupid!!!" Kai shouted back. Chanyeol rushed over when he heard them yelling.

"We have customers now, please keep the volume at minimum and Ellin, start waiting on these customers!! Geummi already got table 5 started so just bring out their order," he said.

"Okay, sorry Chanyeol," Ellin said then walked towards the kitchen.

"Ellin wait I'm not done talking to you," said Kai. Ellin ignored him and grabbed a tray of treats for table five.

"Just talk to her later. Let her cool down a bit," Chanyeol said as he patted Kai on the shoulder.

Ellin walked up to the table and set the tray down. "You were the ones who ordered one of everything?" she asked. "That's strange. I wouldn't expect it from girls as skinny as you are," Ellin said smiling, not trying to sound offensive.

"We're not gonna eat it. We're just making Choa spend her money on us," said one of the girls, causing the other two to laugh hysterically. Ellin looked down at Choa, who looked like she wanted to cry.

"Hey! I know you! I've seen you before at the public library!" said Ellin. Choa looked up at Ellin.

"Oh? You have?" she said.

"Don't speak without our permission, Choa," said a girl. 

"Why does she need your permission to speak? You don't own her," said Ellin.

"If she wants to hang out with us, she does exactly what we say." Ellin rolled her eyes, then motioned for help from Chanyeol. Noticing, Chanyeol rushed over to the table.

"Hello ladies, can I offer you some free coupons?" he said with a charming smile, immidiately grabbing the three girls' attention.

"Yes of course!" they giggled. staring at the charming man.

"Great. Follow me to the register please," Chanyeol said leading them away, them following like obidient little puppies. Once the were gone, Ellin looked down at Choa.

"So why do you up to those girls? Why do you even wanna be their friend??" she asked. Choa looked down shyly and scratched her arm.

"Well, you see I don't have any friends and they're the most popular girls at my school, so I thought maybe if I hung out with them, I would be there friend also. I'm always so lonely.." Choa said on the verge of tears.

"I'll be your friend," Ellin said with a genuine smile. Choa looked up at her with tears in her eyes.

"Y-You mean it?"

"Or course! Just promise you'll stop hanging out with those terrible triplets!"

"I promise! Um can I tell you a secret?"

"We're friends now, so absolutely!" said Ellin.

"There's something strange about me that no one else knows.." Choa said, then looked around making sure no one was watching. She then untied the ribbon near her neck and ed her top button, revealing a strange mark on her in the center of her collarbones. Ellin gasped, causing Choa to quickly tie the ribbon over it again.

"I have this strange mark and I turn into this weird freak...that's why I probably don't have any friends," she said sadly.

"No way!!! You're one of us!" Ellin shouted happily. Choa quickly looked up at her in confusion.

"What?" Ellin sat down next to Choa and whispered.

"You see, this cafe isn't really a cafe...well it is but it's actually a hideout for us. I'm fused with an animal too, and so is my friend Geummi. We're actually looking for others like us and you just so happen to be one! With you're help we can fight against the VIXX clan!"

"The what?"

"Well, I'll explain all that later! I've gotta tell Kai! Come with me!" Ellin said grabbing Choa's arm and pulling her.

"Where are we going??" Choa asked.

"To the basement!"

 

"Kai!!!!" Ellin shouted as she ran down the stairs still pulling Choa along with her.

"What do you want?" Kai asked as he spun around in his chair.

"I've found the third girl!! She has a mark! And she said she transforms!" Ellin shouted.

"Really?" Kai asked with a raised brow. "Do it now. Transform."

"I um I don't think I um..."

"It's okay, don't be shy! I'll transform with you!" Ellin said as she pulled out her pendant.

"Yes, I have that!" Choa said pulling out hers as well. "We really are the same. I had no idea there were others like me," she said. Choa then kissed her pendant and transformed.

"Oh wow!! A dolphin?" said Ellin.

"Finless porpoise," Kai said rolling his eyes.

"And you're a cat! That's really cool. I'm so happy I met you, now I feel much more confident about who I am," said Choa.

"Come on! We'd better go tell Chanyeol and Geummi!" Ellin said.

"Ellin hold on, I need to talk to you for a second," said Kai.

"Okay. Go on up without me, Choa," said Ellin. Choa nodded then ran up the stairs. "So what is it?"

"About earlier...I'm sorry," Kai said as he stood up, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"You don't have to force an apology. I know that Chanyeol made you," said Ellin.

"No. I'm doing this because I want to. I really am sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry...I just wish I was the one you....nevermind," said Kai.

"Huh?"

"Look, if that guy hurts you then let me know."

"Okay now I'm really confused. Why do you think Baekhyun is---" Before Ellin knew it, Kai was holding her in his arms, hugging her tightly. Ellin blushed and her heart raced at this unexpected affection.

"I care about you, okay? Even if I don't show it...I really do care about you," said Kai.