No Ordinary Girl

Meow! Crayon Power!

Ellin was always a typical high school girl. She wasn't the bookworm type, in fact quite the opposite. She would often find herself taking cat naps in class and would barely do her work because of her laziness. There was only one thing---or person that would always keep her attention in a few of her classes, and his name is Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun was one of the most popular guys at school. He played sports, instruments and could also sing very well. The first time Ellin heard him sing, she thought she would go into cardiac arrest from his beautiful voice. Every time he would look at her, his gorgeous smile would make her blush and turn away. She really liked him and wanted nothing more than to go on a date with him...and possibly be his girlfriend. But there were already so many girls who had jumped aboard that wagon. It would be nearly impossible, but Ellin didn't want to give up. 

She felt confident. Today was the day. Today, she would ask Byun Baekhyun out on a date. Her eyes stayed on the back of his gorgeous head in math class. She wanted to ask him straight after class before he went to his kendo practice. He sat right in front of her, so if she leaned in close enough, she could smell the boy's beautiful scent. She leaned in and took it all in.

"Ahhh," she sighed in a delightful whisper.

"Hey Ellin do you have an eraser?" Baekhyun asked turning around to see how close she was to him. Her face went to total embarrassment mode. "You okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"Um yeah just fine! My elbows gave out so I um fell forward! It's not like I was sniffing you or anything!" Real smooth.

Baekhyun smiled at her, causing her to become tranced in his beautiful features. His golden brown hair, his perfect eyeliner, those cheeks, those scrumptious lips...

"Ellin?" Baekhyun said breaking Ellin from her trance.

"Yes?"

"The eraser?"

"Oh, right of course! Silly me," she said laughing nervously, she reached into her desk and handed him a brand new eraser. Baekhyun took it and smiled a her again.

"Thanks, Ellin," he said. Eeeep!! He smiled at me twice! And said my name, twice!! Things are getting serious, I need to make my move!

After the long boring math class was over, Ellin quickly stuffed her books in her bag and was prepared to follow Baekhyun out of the room. She tiptoed right behind him, following him to his locker. He turned to his side and noticed her through his peripheral.

"Hey Ellin, what's up?" he said with a smile.

"Um Baekhyun I um had something to ask you.." she said feeling incredibly nervous. She couldn't believe she was about to do this.

"Oh I know what you want to ask," he said. She felt her heart drop down an elevator shaft.

"Y-you do?" she choked out. Baekhyun reached into his backpack.

"You want your eraser back, don't you?" he said handing the eraser back to her. She looked at it for a few seconds then took it.

"Thanks," she croaked.

"Well, see you later," he said throwing his back into his locker and shutting it. He started to walk away. No! You made it this far! Don't chicken out now!!

"Baekhyun wait!!" she called after him. He stopped and turned around.

"What is it?" he asked with concern on his face.

"Um, do you like animals?" she asked. Baekhyun smiled brightly.

"Yeah I love animals," he said.

"Oh great, well um you know that new animal exhibit that opened up? It looks really cool and I was wondering..if you...wanted to go...with me.." There was a slight hesitation with Baekhyun's response. "Of course if you don't want to or if you think I'm weird then I totally understand!!" she quickly added.

"I'd love to go. How about this Saturday? I have kendo practice in the morning so I'll be free in the afternoon," Baekhyun said smiling.

"Okay sounds great! Saturday at noon! It's a date! I mean it's an um...activity," she said. Baekhyun chuckled.

"It's a date," he said, then turned back around to walk away. As soon as he wasn't looking, Ellin began dancing like a complete idiot out of joy. I can't believe he said yes!! I can't believe--- Just then, Baekhyun just so happened to turn around, seeing her, then started chuckling. Ellin quickly stopped then blushed, completely embarrassed. 

"And I don't think you're weird. You're really sweet and down to earth, unlike most girls around here. You're always yourself and I really like that about you," Baekhyun said making Ellin's heart go doki doki. "Well, see ya later," he said waving then walked off. Ellin stood there trying to figure out if this was real or not. She hugged herself tightly, trying not to squeal.

 

When she returned home, she danced all around her room, where she knew no one would be watching.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh, what should I wear on my date with Baekhyun?" she said aloud to herself as she rummaged through her closet. Yes, she always talked to herself.

"Yes, this one! Perfect!" she said pulling out a casual white dress with a bow belt tied around the center. Just two more days until Saturday, I can't wait!