Day 37

Gone Missing

Day 37

 

> Taehyung <

 

For probably the uptenth time I threw another piece of crumpled paper in the trash bin beside me. What Woohyun told me the other day still bothered me, so I'm trying to find out what he really meant. I'm going no where with all the useless crap that I wrote down. I decided to just take a break, for my eyes were strained from looking down for a long period of time. Since I had no work all of SIU wanted to hang out, for it was beautiful all weekend. I refused because I wanted to be alone; for I had so many thoughts in my head I needed to clean out.

 

So I walked along the streets, with my phone purposefully turned off. I never paid attention to the bustling people in crowds, and somehow made it to a cafe. There was one person in line in front of me, just wearing a casual blazer and jeans. He came up to the cash register and ordered 2 frappucinos, both with extra whip cream. For some reason that irked my stomach, because that reminded me of Mio for some reason. She too loves frappucinos.

 

I shook away that thought when I was next to order. "Can I have a regular Americano please?" while the lady went to the back to get my drink I glanced over at the person with the two beverages in his hand. He walked off somewhere where I assumed would be with the person he probably accompanied with, which explained why he had two.

 

After grabbing my cup I turned to leave when I spotted frappucino boy laughing, along with the girl across from him. Something about her posture seemed familiar...then again, I couldn't care less. She could be some random person. I never felt so odd going out in public alone. I usually go with Mio, even if it's just little things such as to go grocery shopping I got used to. Yes, I missed her at my side right now. I resisted the urge to call or even text, because she must be busy doing what she needs to do for the undercover mission.

 

God, I really should stop worrying about her. She's doing fine. I know she is.

 

I halted to a stop at a cross walk, where the sign above suddenly turned from white to red. While I stood among the crowd I see someone walking past the people and didn't pay attention, for they were looking back and talking to somebody else behind them. Right away when they crossed mid way to the sidewalk there was an incoming car. Taking action I pushed my way through and yelled 'watch out!'. The girl must have heard me, because quickly she turned around where she heard my voice.

 

But when I was about to see her face suddenly someone from the other side pulled her back, straight into his arms. People watched the scene unfold as the car honked angrily past. I was able to glance briefly to find out that it was the same man from the cafe earlier. He pulled back, still holding her. "Mio, are you okay?"

 

Time stopped for me. The sign lit up to 'walk' and soon the crowd immersed, walking past us. I stared, completely baffled. Did he just say what I thought he said?

 

Seeing the girl sent a sudden chill down my spine. It was in fact, Mio. "Y-yeah. yeah, I'm alright. I just thought...I thought I heard someone calling me." she looked around, and already I managed to take a step back away from them. Though I remained my distance.

 

He pulled her back in an embrace, back her hair. "You must be hearing things." he said.

 

Mio stood there, unsure what to do. Slowly, she reached up and gave him a hug back. "Ha, I must be." she chuckled. My legs felt weak, as I walked away from them. I must be dreaming...I must be hallucinating. None of this is real, is it?

 

I continued to stumble around the sidewalk, my head feeling numb and my stomach stirring about. The words Woohyun said to me replayed in my head over and over:

 

"Sunggyu, he has someone very close to him. Some he cherishes the most right now. If you're able to get this person, then he has no other choice but to give in."

 

Somehow I wished that it was all one big lie. At least, that's what I told myself over and over that it was.

 

>>>>><<<<<

 

By the evening I sat in my own room watching T.V, a rerun of some melodrama. I was halfway into eating my chicken soup when I heard my phone ring beside me on the bed. I muted the screen where the commercial began to start, leaving them just as moving pictures with no sound.

 

"Hello? Oh, Mio." I slowly dropped my spoon.

 

"Hey." even her voice sounded a little distant. "Taehyung I... I heard you."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Earlier, at the cross walk. That was you, wasn't it? You warned me to not cross."

 

I smiled, but my voice remained nonchalant. "You recognize my voice so easily."

 

"How can I not? Listen, you probably saw him with me...Sunggyu, I mean." my expression fell and I sighed, replying that I did.

 

"Ah, so that's what he looks like. We can finally update that picture on his file now thanks to you Mio." I pursed my lips.

 

"Taehyung." she spoke up. "I have something important to say to you, but not right now. Do you want to meet tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon?"

 

"Mm, okay. Besides, I have a few things to discuss with you too." I looked over at my computer desk where the ring box sat.

 

"Great. I'll see you then."

 

"See you." with that the line went dead.I glanced over at table side and walked over, looking down at the object. I picked up the box and opened it where the ring sat in its cushion, shining brightly under the light. Now I'm wondering if the engagement will ever happen now because of the chaos that surrounded me. Should I just call the whole thing off?

 

If I did, none of this would of have happened. It was all just so confusing and stressful that I don't even know what to do anymore. It's not Mio I have lost. It's not the SIU I've lost.

 

I lost myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Yes, it has been almost 2 weeks since I last updated this. I am terribly sorry, the first days of school hit me hard with so many assigments and homework and quizzes... yeah it was pretty hectic ;-;

Luckily I had no school today so I was able to put this chapter up! I also had time to edit my other stories and whatnot, so I re-edited tons of chapters today (for which I am now so mentally exhausted -.-).

Anyways, if you do like this story thus far please do subscribe and comment, feedback's highly appreciated!

Thanks for being very patient, and I'll try and update when I'm less busy again! Have a great everyone~

-B.B