「Chapter 4」

Fix You : Shooting Stars

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png

I Never Forgot

"I didn't forget." Was the words written on the paper. Eleanor smiled seeing the letter, she, then found a stone. 


The stone was from 10 years ago. They were at the beach, and Eleanor was randomly looking for stones. Mark went along with her. Until they found this stone. Eleanor was about to grab it, till Mark stopped her and stole the stone from her. 


"It was me!" Young Eleanor cried. "No!" Mark protested. "There now kids, We're infront of the food." Raymond said. 


"Hmph!" Eleanor pouted, crossing her arms to her chest, and curled her eyebrows. "Bleh." Mark rolled his tongue out at her. "Mark, that's bad." Dorine said.


"Finders keepers." Mark whispered to Eleanor, annoying her even more. "I was the first one!" She cried again. "No, you didn't." Mark said. "Liar!" 


"I'm not!" Mark turned to her mom, "tell her, I'm not lying mom." Mark said as he chew the food inside his mouth. 


"We don't even know who's telling the truth." Eleanor's dad laughed "Daddy, I'm telling the truth!" Eleanor said. 


"No, I'm telling the truth." Mark corrected. Both of them stared at the each other. 

 




"You should give it to her, since she found it first." Dorine said. "But, Mom, I wanted it." Mark said while playing with the stone. "And why do you want it?" Dorine asked her son's hair. "To make it a necklace for her." Mark mumbled as if he was embarrassed. "Do you like her?" Dorine asked her son.

 

The young Mark shakes his head from left to right. "But I like it when she does this." Mark curled his bottom lip down, and made a puppy eyes. "So, you mean she's cute?" Dorine chuckled. Mark instantly covered her mom's mouth. Shushing her. 

 

"Why don't you tell her your plan?" Dorine suggested. Mark smiled big before turning his back, running to Eleanor who's sitting on her mother's lap.  crying on her mother's neck. 

 



 


Late at night. Both Ang and Tuan were at the living room, having some nice chat while their kids were sleeping. but one kid wasn't sleeping.


Little Mark held Eleanor's Mom's arm to get her attention. "Yi en, why aren't you asleep?" She asked, and carried him. "Is Eleanor mad?" He mumbled. 


"She's very mad." She fake a groan. "Tell her, I'm sorry." Mark said. "Will you really return the stone when she turned 23?" She asked, the little Mark nodded showing a shy smile.

 

Eleanor's mom place him back to his bed, "take care of her when I'm gone." Eleanor whispered to him. Mark showed his pinky. "Promise." He said.

 

Eleanor smiled remembering the times where she got so annoyed with Mark, she barely remembered anything back then, but thanks to the stone.


 




The very next day, Mark and Olivia were on the streets, even though there were some people or shall I call, "Stalkers" following them. Mark's a famous heir, because of his face, and how rich he is for an age like this. Same with Eleanor, two of them grow up with cameras following them.

 

"I'm not used to this." Olivia whispered. Mark saw how afraid Olivia was. So they went in to a restaurant nearby. 


"Why don't we eat?" Mark pulled a chair for her. "Are you sure?" Olivia looked at Mark, Mark just nodded. Pushed the chair back in.


Mark sat infront of Olivia. "I heard, Eleanor's birthday is coming." Olivia said. Mark lifted his head up, "she doesn't have plans." Mark turned back to the menu. 


"Is that why they had an early celebration?" Mark lifted his head up again, looked at his girlfriend curiously, and turned to his left where he can see the paparazzi, and back to his girlfriend. 


"Come with me." Mark said. "Where?" Olivia asked with surprised "hamptons" Mark said.


 



 


"Theo," Eleanor called. "Hm?" Theo looked at his girlfriend. "Can you come with me?" Eleanor asked. "Where?" He asked. 

 

"I have a white party to attend in 4 weeks, will you be my date?" Eleanor asked, making Theo laugh. "Should I be the one asking you that?" He said as he wrapped his arms around Eleanor's tiny waist. 


"So, Will you be my date?" Theo asked. Eleanor nodded, Theo planted a kiss on Eleanor's neck, then to her cheek. 

 

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png