dream

Heart Therapy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang.

My head bobbed along with the beat as I grabbed the mic, holding it tightly in my hand before shouting “PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!” The crowd cheered in respond and the beat pumped louder in my ears.

I bit my lower lip and couldn’t help the grin that was spreading on my lips, damn it feels good to be back. The sea of bodies, the dim light, the shaking ground and the smell of sweats. A signal was sent to me and that was the cue.

The only thing that could possibly get me higher than alcohol would be rapping. I didn’t just rap to the beat of a song, I rap to the beat of my heart. Whatever it said, whatever it lead me to will be rap out of my mouth. That was how things work with me. I let people know my passion through the rap of my heart. I put entirely my soul, mind and heart to each of the rap I said.

“Damn Guk! You totally owned the stage!” I felt a light punch on my shoulder as I slipped my aviator off. I turned to see my sub-DJ - that would be the owner of this club himself – we shared a side hug as he hurried to the stage, matching grin on our face. He halted before turning to say “On the house today!” with a smirk as he nodded to bar.

Another thing why I love this club.

I slid myself to the seat near the counter, knowing I got the attention from the group of ladies, I purposely gave them a side glance and smirk which earned me a few little squeaks and giggles. I might be lucky and get laid tonight – not like I didn’t or haven’t for the past few times I came. I nodded at the bartender as he did the same to me.

After a while a drink was slid in front of me “You got the spot bro” I heard him said, referring to my last performance. “Thanks bro, glad knowing you’re listening”

“Who wouldn’t?! You own the whole club” I laughed at his remark before he went off to take care of another customer. My attention was taken right away after I saw someone, rather the back of that someone. The bar was 4 sided and I sat not exactly in the middle – just enough to see the other side of the bar.

I cocked my head to the side, I didn’t remember there was a girl bartender. They were all boys and I certainly knew each of them personally, so who exactly was this. “Hey Jun!” I called, he turned to raise an eyebrow questioningly at me. “Who’s that?” I nodded at her.

Jun put aside the glass he was holding as he peeked at the girl I asked about. He slowly turned to me before giving me a weird face. “Guk, are you okay?”

I was certainly ‘weirded’ out by his question. “Of course I am, but really, who’s she? Is Kookjong taking a day off today?”

Surprisingly he burst into laughter at my question, even clutching onto his stomach while holding onto the counter. “Okay cut the man, what so funny?” I snarled. Jun sighed as he stopped laughing, still having that weird smile though “Man, you don’t have to go that far.” Before I knew it he went on laughing again and shaking his head, dismissing me.

I grunted at his answer, weird. I snapped out of my thought as she spun on her heel, I could’ve sworn I almost slipped the glass out of my hand. Thankfully, I didn’t but my jaw did, instead of the glass. I could feel my own eyes bulging out as I met with the sight of GO NARA holding a glass of drink, her white button up blouse was tightly wrapped around her curve and her first two buttons were undone – revealing a bit of her black tank top in contrast of her blouse, the sleeves of her blouse were up on her elbows and her black tie was loose – which I didn’t really know the purpose of it, either way it still looked good on her – she was wearing a tight black ripped jeans and her long hair was tied up in a ponytail. I would be the biggest fat liar with the smallest if I said she wasn’t HOT.

HOT.

DAMN.

WHO NEEDS DRESS WHEN YOU HAVE CURVES ON ALL THE RIGHT PLACES,

“Nara”

She looked at me with a pure surprise and stopped on her track, she then rushed to me. My breath hitched in surprise as I felt my body being practically pulled forward harshly. The collar of my shirt was tight in her fist, “What the do you think you’re doing saying my real name out loud here?!” she hissed right next to my ear and all I could do was gulped the huge lump that grew in my throat which I didn’t notice at all.

I was too taken aback that I didn’t even realize I was stammering with my own words, “You- I, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter