05장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong rubbed his eyes as it was yet another morning he awoke to with silence completely surrounding him. The forest was softly singing, but fuzzed as the sound barely passed the walls and windows of the home. He stretched and smiled, awaiting yet another day to spend with the admittedly odd yet attractive girl, Ara. He sighed and freshened up, preparing his cup of coffee and toast. Jiyong changed into a warm sweater and jeans, brushing back his hair and putting a cap over it. He sipped his coffee and sat down on the couch, turning on the small television set his grandparents owned.

Surfing channels, he stopped at the news, figuring he didn’t want to look at any of the entertainment shows. Last time, he watched reporters burst through the doors of YG and question every worker they passed, hoping to find out more of G-Dragon’s ‘escape’. Jiyong felt apologetic to everyone, but he really did need this vacation. Plus, he needed Kiko back. But as time passed by, they were about two weeks into their deal, Jiyong would sometimes forget about Kiko. He would spend time with Ara, completely forgetting the reason as to why, but simply enjoyed her company.

That was normal with new friends – to forget about those who you want back.
…Right?

Nevertheless, Jiyong sighed and leaned back on the couch, watching the reporter’s mouth move stiffly, “Lately, there has been rumors of a brand new mall being built in the country side. Homes and apartments will be taking over the large forest, home to many different animals. Though the organizers are trying to find out who has legal property of the land, they will begin construction soon. Rumor has it they will deal and compensate to the owner later on, as they have not contacted the workers yet.”

Immediately Jiyong sprang up, rushing to the voicemail machine he had abandoned in case it was work calling. He noticed the utter silence of the forest, an uneasy feeling bubbling in his stomach. He pressed the play button, listening carefully.

“Jiyong, it’s Youngbae. Hyunsuk hyung just wanted to know when you’ll be –”
Next.
“Ji, why aren’t you answering? Is something wrong–”
Next.
“Alright I get it, you need time to yourself. I'll tell Hyunsuk hyung.”
Next.
“This is Mr. Han Inho. I would like to discuss buying your portion of the forest in the country. Our plans are to make a bigger city, and we hope for your cooperation. The construction must start as soon as possible, so when there is time Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, please contact us at –”
Next.
“It seems you haven’t responded to the message I left earlier. I apologize, but my company cannot risk delaying this construction. Workers will be starting in the next three days, and we ask of you to come to our office and discuss.”

Jiyong’s eyes widened as he realized what dirty people the chaebols were. They would do anything to expand their business and receive more money – even if it was illegal. Suddenly, Jiyong felt a pain pierce through h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter