13장

Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara sighed as she opened her eyes, her gaze meeting Jiyong’s. She smiled at the fond memories, “Every day they treated me as well as you do. I had become a part of their family – or so they told me. Every day was exciting…busy. They treated me with so much love, I had almost come to believe I was human myself and had known them all of my life. There was never a moment I was alone. And after the first full moon, they made their wish.

“A healthy baby, be it a boy or girl, to add to their beautiful family. There was a delay, but even after the full moon, they continued to visit me. Over and over again. Then they came with the news that you were conceived, and you were expected in August. Still, every day they came to see me, never ending their thankful words. They would tell me you were healthy, but I had already known. I could always feel you kick and move inside of the womb, it was fascinating. And after you were delivered, they visited with you in their arms, and I knew my job was done. Slowly they stopped coming as often, but I could hear your cries at night and I knew that it was worth it to raise another life.

“But months went on and your mother and father decided to move back into the city to better raise you. They said their goodbyes and thanked me again, and I chose to erase their memories of me once they reached the city. It isn’t permanent though. I made sure that once you found out, they would remember. If you call them now, I’m sure they’ll be surprised to have remembered as well. I didn’t want to be forgotten forever just this once.

“But because your grandparents never left, I let them keep their memories. Your grandmother would drop by most often than not, though. She would check on me and hear about my recent meetings with other humans. But as they aged, it became harder for them to come into the forest, and so I assured them it was okay to stop visiting or they would hurt themselves. Sometimes they would yell into the forest and ask me how I was, and we would meet at the border. I was too afraid to see if I was allowed to go near their home, but now I realize I can, and that is thanks to you, Jiyong.”

Jiyong paused as he let the truth behind his birth sink in. Though he was totally and utterly confused, his heart flooded with gratitude as he reached out to hug Ara. She remained solid and smiled as he mumbled his thanks a million times. At that moment, in his embrace, Ara’s diamond flashed bright for a moment, blinding Jiyong. He shifted away to look at her diamond, his eyes widening as it glowed a beautiful green, matching the emerald shine of her eyes.

Earn her trust, and when the jewel turns a beautiful green, as green as her eyes, you can make your wish on the night of the full moon.

Jiyong smiled as he looked up at Ara who softly returned the smile. Her words were soft as she had no choice but to acknowledge how much she grew to trust him, “Congratulations. You can make your wish now.” Jiyong shook his head and continued to hug her, “I don’t care about that right now.” Ara smiled as warmth surrounded her again, slowly sinking into her skin.

As the two fell fast asleep, they were both oblivious to the diamond beginning to shine hot pink.

 

Seungri pouted as he put the last piece of luggage in the trunk of their van. The other three were speaking to Jiyong and Ara, saying their goodbyes. Seungri quickly hugged Ara, swinging her side to side as he grinned happily, “Nice to get to know you, noona! Visit us in Seoul sometime!” Ara nodded and awkwardly patted his back, waiting for one of the other men to pull him off. Grabbing in by the back of his shirt, Seunghyun dragged the youngest back, a quiet thank you coming from Ara’s lips. Jiyong chuckled as he hugged them each, “A week really passes by quick.” The four nodded, Youngbae patting Jiyong’s shoulder as he gave a supporting smile, “One more week to clear your mind, Ji. Make the most of it.” Jiyong nodded and waited as they all boarded into the van, heading back to Seoul for more work.

As soon as the van was out of sight, Ara turned to Jiyong and followed him back into the house. She grabbed her pile of clothes from the side and smiled at Jiyong, “I should go, the pond and forest have been left unattended for too long.” Jiyong nodded as he took a drink of water, “Should I come along?” Ara shook her head as she untied her hair and gave Jiyong his fake glasses back, “I will be busy today. Enjoy time alone.” Jiyong nodded and watched as she walked out the door, straight into the bushes and the foliage.

He watched her disappearing figure until he could no longer see any bit of her, letting out a big huff as he shut the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter