Chapter 6

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX; FINDING MORE THINGS ON EARTH THAT ARE WEIRD.

"It's like there's been a whole new world opened up before my eyes Hope"

“Thank you so, so much Hope, no robot could be happier than Zelo is right now. Zelo is amazed” Zelo was still babbling the same thing that he had been in the shop, the same thing that he had been exclaiming loudly and excitedly on the way home, he was still gleefully full of gratefulness after having shown each of the other aliens what was now in his possession. Himchan gave a roll of his eyes and a scoff as Zelo refused to shut his mouth, or at least stop using his vocal chords for a few seconds. Why had Yongguk made the damn machine capable of talking? Himchan questioned many things along with the reason why his leader believed they needed a robot.

Jongup sat next to Zelo, a smile pulling at the corners of his lips as he stared at the skateboard that his mechanical friend seemed incapable of releasing from his grip, he wondered if it were stuck to his hands for a moment. Hope rubbed Zelo’s back before getting up and heading to her room with a yawn as she stretched her tired arms over her head.

“We get it Zelo, after several hours of listening to you convey how thankful you are, I think we get it” Youngjae hissed, probably meaning to cause Zelo some emotional damage, so then he would shut up. But Zelo ignored him and jumped to his feet to follow Hope. Jongup blinked shaking his head when he realised he was no longer staring at Zelo holding a skateboard, but a lack of the said skateboard he wanted to keep staring at. Jongup followed Zelo, who followed Hope up the stairs to her room.

“Can we go outside and try it, Hope?” Zelo asked and Hope turned to him with slowly blinking eyes fitting another yawn in before answering him.

“It’s late Zelo, it’s dark outside and we have school tomorrow so how about you try riding it to school in the morning?” She asked instead and Zelo blinked at Hope, and then his eyes trailed down to the board in his hands as he formed a sigh and released it with a heavy hesitance to disappointingly agree with her.

“Ok” He muttered and Hope gave Zelo a sad smile, ruffling the bleach blond coloured tassels on his head. It caused both the robot and Jongup to look at her in shock upon her use of the foreign action.

“I made sweets!” Himchan shouted and they all looked back down the stairs with Hope giving a light chuckle.

“And now we have sweets, what more could you want before going to bed?” She asked and the two looked at each other, shrugging before following Hope back down the stairs again. The seven of them sat around the kitchen table that hadn’t had attention in the longest time. Himchan had to wipe the dust off the top of it before anything could be set on it and the sound of the chairs sliding back on the wooden floor was a sound that was almost foreign to Hope after not having heard it in so long.

“How is it? Do you like it?” Himchan asked the people around the table and everyone did their best to swallow the pudding they were given with smiles on their faces as Himchan watched them expectantly and Yongguk gave them a warning look that could kill if they were to disobey.

This is the worst thing I have ever eaten.

“The ice cream is good” Zelo smiled brightly as Hope mentally threw the food in front of her in the bin but when she blinked it was still in front of her, causing her to let out a sigh. The look on Yongguk’s face darkened as Youngjae began to talk after Zelo.

“It needs a lot of work not gonna lie” He muttered blankly and everyone at the table, including the emotionless Daehyun, shot him death glares that Youngjae ignored.

“Really? I’m sorry about that Youngjae. I’ll just keep practising my cooking skills then” Himchan answered with a sudden dullness that caused Hope’s heart to clench.

“Well, I think you did an amazing job Himchan, especially since you’ve never cooked this sort of thing before” Hope did her best to grin at the saddened male and Himchan looked up at her with bright eyes, not noticing the way Yongguk kicked Youngjae under the table with a grunt or the way Youngjae jumped in his seat and seethed through his teeth as he rub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter