Chapter 10

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TEN; DAEHYUN?

"You just missed out on this one"

“Daehyun, you need to slow down man” Hope huffed, another day of Daehyun dragging her down the halls to the canteen was passing by and of course it wouldn’t be your average drag if she wasn’t struggling to keep up with him and his long strides that her short legs didn’t gift her with the ability to take. Daehyun pushed himself through the crowd, creating a path for her smaller body as his roughness made people stumble out of his way. Students stared at them, slowly becoming used to the event that happened during the beginning of every lunch break.

“Oh thank god that is over” Hope muttered to herself, rubbing her wrist that wasn’t sore but still felt warm from Daehyun’s grip earlier and plopping down on the green grass with her lunch as the others followed her actions. They their lips and rubbed their hands together as their stomachs rumbled at the sight of the food.

Jongup sat down excitedly, letting his milk slip from the surface of his tray as he landed on the fluffy grass and stared with wide eyes as Youngjae caught the little carton before it could break on the ground and spill everywhere.

“Be careful idiot” Youngjae muttered tossing the milk back to Jongup who was now grinning gratefully, taking no heed in the names Youngjae called him after having dealt with it all his life.

“Be nice about it” Hope scolded under her breath, causing Youngjae to snarl at her as he forced his spoon full of food into his mouth, Hope chose to ignore his attitude towards her. Daehyun sat extra close to Hope, he looked at the way their knees were touching and fought back a smile the action wanted to put on his lips as he removed his mask and shoved it in the pocket of his jacket whilst putting his head down.

Daehyun began eating hurriedly as if someone would take the food from him if he didn’t eat it within seconds. Hope noticed and shook her head as her hand quickly grabbed onto Daehyun’s that was heading for his mouth to shove more food into it.

“Slow down Daehyun, the only way the food will disappear is if you eat it” Hope chuckled and Daehyun reduced his speed though he still wanted to just shove the whole tray in his mouth then and there.

------------

“Oh, you guys are back from school already?” Himchan walked into the lounge room with an apron covered in pink dots around his waist and a look of shock on his face, not having paid attention to the day going by. Hope nodded and made her way up the stairs and to her room sluggishly. She dumped her bag on her bed and began changing out of her uniform once she had the door shut behind her.

But there was a knock on the wooden material only seconds after Hope had managed to get a clean shirt over her head. She looked at it in confusion and called out for the person to come in. Zelo bashfully opened the door, first peeking his head into the room and then opening the door wide enough so that he could enter her room.

“So um” Zelo started off, looking down awkwardly as he kept his hands behind his back. When Hope gave a long ‘well’ in expectation and a raise of her right eyebrow Zelo shyly pulled the skateboard she had gifted him with from behind his back.

“Can we go outside?” He asked her with red cheeks as he showed her the skateboard.

“Let’s go” Hope sighed after staring at Zelo holding the board in his hands desperately. Zelo immediately jumped in his place, grinning in excitement and running out of the room as Hope dawdled behind him, only feeling a lack of sleep as she wished she could be gifted with the same energy that he had.

----

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter