Chapter 27

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN; THE WORST OF THE WORST

"No one on this table trusts you but you're still sitting here running your mouth!"

“Alright, which one of you wise asses decided to put salt on my toothbrush again?!” A steaming Yongguk came barging into the room as the doors swung open with a bang and he made his presence known. Hope stared on in confusion, munching on her cereal as the boys around her stifled their laughter behind their hands and by shoving their breakfast into their mouth.

“Hey, when did you get the time to do that to your hair?” Hope chimed in as she eyed Yongguk’s hair. Though he was irritated and it showed in his actions, Yongguk pulled a face of confusion as he pulled his fingers through the hair on his head. The others looked at each other, as if they were all just noticing that their own hair, as well as each other’s, was doing the same thing as their leaders.

“I haven’t done anything to my hair. I showered an washed it and now it’s dry” Yongguk shrugged but he looked like child soon after when he took his bangs and tried to put them in front of his eyes.

“No Yongguk, your hair is darker than it usually is. Are you sure you’re not changing the colour?” Jongup asked him.

“You can talk you little pest! Look at the colour of your hair! It’s gotten darker as well!”

“And so has yours! What are you yelling at me for when yours is practically brown you bumbling fool!”

“Excuse me? There is absolutely nothing wrong with my hair. You’re the one who’s been spending hours on end in the bathroom so you have to be dying it!”

“Zelo shut up no one wants your input!”

“I beg your pardon? You all want me to be quiet? Why don’t you shut up for once? No one on this table trusts you but you’re still sitting here running your mouth!” Zelo shot back at Daehyun in a bitter yell, he twitched with a sudden glitch running through his system. All arguing amongst the group came to a halt and the canteen seemed to visibly darken as the shock of Zelo’s outburst resonated in the air.

Hope, who had stood up and moved away in the simple bickering, in case violence broke out, froze in her spot, somewhere in the middle of the canteen and away from both of the groups. It was silent until Daehyun laughed, chuckling as he shoved his spoon around in the food on his tray.

“At least I’m not a robot that can’t have feelings like trust and mistrust” Daehyun looked at Hope when his lips turned up in a smirk and Zelo jumped out of his seat to move towards her and cover her from Daehyun’s view.

“I’ll have your pea sized brain informed that I have no difficulty in feeling emotions and I don’t have to act like a possessive erted freak to show them” Zelo took Hope by her elbow and pulled her out of the room, slamming the canteen doors open and letting them slam shut in their wake.

“So, am I gonna be told who did it?” Yongguk gestured to his toothbrush, much to the amazement of everyone else in the room. Jongup bit his lip, keeping his grin to himself, but when Yongguk sat down with a sigh, trying the taste on his toothbrush one last time, he burst into a fit of laughter.

“Moon Jongup!” Yongguk yelled, the chair he sat in falling on its back as he shot out of the seat and charged after the escaping Jongup.

“Get back here you scumbag!”

------------

“I’m sorry about that, Hope” Zelo’s head twitched and his body froze just before Zelo said her name, but Hope shook her head, trying to give Zelo her best smile as they sat down on his bed.

“It’s ok Zelo, none of us knew the arguing was going to take that sort of turn” She reassured Zelo who let out a deep breath as he laid down, getting comfortable on the bed and resting his head on Hope’s stomach after she leant back.

“I know, but what we said wasn’t nice, and you had to witness it” Zelo looked truly devastated and Hope found her hand naturally moved to comb her fingers through Zelo’s hair, which really was becoming a darker blond.

“Your hair really has gotten darker” It was a darker blond than it was yesterday, no longer the bright platinum colour that all six of the boys had been sporting for as long as they could remember.

“I haven’t touched it so I don’t know what’s happening to it” Zelo shrugged and Hope smiled, letting out a snort as her fingers in his hair moved.

“Yeah, I can tell by all the knots that are trying to trap my fingers here forever” Hope raised her hand to prove her point and Zelo whined when it gave a tug on his scalp.

“That hurts you know!” He whimpered and Hope shook her head, using both hands to detangle his hair as they sat together.

“It wouldn’t hurt for you to brush it you know” She mummered and Zelo hummed, the feeling of Hope combing her fingers through his hair was relaxing when there wasn’t a pinch on his scalp from a knot stopping her from moving.

“But why? I have you here” Zelo’s voice was getting sleepy but he was quickly jolted back to being alert when Hope slapped him.

“I’m not some sort of maid or carer, brush your hair more often from now on” Hope scolded him and Zelo had it in him to actually pout when he looked up at her.

“But this feels so nice”

“Well, I’m only going to do it when I can see that you’ve brushed your hair. These knots aren’t nice to my fingers” Hope frowned at his mop of hair so Zelo gave a determined nod.

“I’ll brush my hair four times a week!” He declared and Hope looked away from his hair to give him a pointed look.

“You should be doing it every day with hair like this Zelo”

“Four times a week!” He protested.

“Every day” Hope shook her head.

“Four days”

“Seven days Zelo”

“But Hope!” Zelo gave a kick of his legs to show his dismay and Hope sighed.

“It’s not that difficult Zelo”

“I’m still going to brush it four days a week” He frowned, crossing his arms over his chest and narrowing his eyes at Hope.

“And I won’t be touching your hair any day of the week” She shook her head and Zelo shot up into a sitting position, turning to look at her in bewilderment as if she had accidentally shot his foot.

“Why not?!” He bellowed and Hope raised a single brow at him.

“Because we haven’t even talked about how often you wash your hair yet”

“Aw what the hell?!”

------------

“Seriously, what are all of you doing?” Hope asked sceptically, she was watching Zelo and Youngjae as they conversed on the older boys bed. She sat down on the couch and stared them down as they looked back at her in puzzlement.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Youngjae was the one brave enough to speak up and ask a question in return.

“Your hair, what are you doing with it? One day it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter