Chapter 17

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; SOCCER.

"How dare you compare me to such a foul beast"

“Hope I’ve never played such a game before! What if the ball hits me in my beautiful face?” Youngjae panicked, his hands clutching his face in despair as he stared at Hope with eyes that were genuinely scared through the cracks of his fingers.

“You’re becoming more and more like Himchan, it’s gross” Hope scoffed and Youngjae gave her arms a tug, his eyes wide in fear as he attempted to glare at her.

“How dare you compare me to such a foul beast” Youngjae hissed and Hope shook him off her arm.

“Just do the same as what you the players do on TV” Hope shrugged and walked to her starting place as a centre player.

“I’ve never watched this on TV!” Youngjae cried out and students turned to stare at him as he fought his legs against their desire they had to give out on him right then.

“Then you’ll catch on eventually!” Hope chuckled, genuinely happy to watch Youngjae suffer through the foreign game. The whistle blew, piercing the air around them and the game started as Mr Wang stepped off the court. Hope’s team awaited a kick from the opposite team that would bring the game to an official start.

Kai stood front and centre, his feet behind the ball on the cross in the middle of the court, waiting for something to happen.

“Come on you twit we haven’t got all day!” Hope complained under her breath, throwing her hands up in annoyance. With Kai’s ears extra sensitive and the echoing building they were in, Kai heard her barks of complaint and he winked at her as Mr Wang watched on in anticipation. Hope watched him as well as he sent her a smirk before booting the ball to the side for one of his teammates. Hope grinned as she ran forward and the cocky grin on Kai’s face turned into a scowl quickly. Zelo appeared, god knows from where in Kai’s eyes. Zelo snatched the ball from the opponent that struggled to receive such a strong kick from Kai.

“Zelo!” Hope shouted, raising her hand so that Zelo could find her in the crowd of rowdy students that had height over her short structure. She ran after the ball that Zelo kicked and passed it onto another girl on the same team as her, the girl screamed and dodged the ball. Hope didn’t hide her irritation as she brought her hand to slap her forehead in disappointment. The girl sneered at Hope and gave a flick of her hair before walking over to her friends, who were also not interested in helping their teams.

“Hope!” Panic shot through the blond girl's body, she turned, looking behind her just in time to see the ball heading her way. She took the ball between her feet, guiding it down the court for as long as she could, giving a poke of her tongue at Tao when he missed the chance to steal the ball from her. She kicked the ball away when more people than her weakened body could handle came towards her and someone else wearing the teams orange Velcro strap took the ball and kicked it closer to their goal.

“You seem to be a natural at this stuff, anyone would think you’ve been playing this stuff most of your life” Hope turned to meet the sparkling eyes of Kai as he model walked his way towards her, his chest was puffing almost as much as hers was as she gasped for air and wiped away the sweat building on her face.

Is he strutting on purpose or is that just how he walks?

“That’s probably because I have” Hope answered with a hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter