Revelation

You Are NOT My Type

*Warning- there may be content ahead that is violent, ual, or graphic. please don't read if you are not comfortable.

That night, Jimin quickly put on some light makeup and sneaked out the dorm. Sehun had texted her to meet him behind the library. As she trudged through the fallen leaves, Jimin regretted not putting on a jacket on top of her thin shirt. She hadn’t anticipated the breeze to be so chilling.

When she arrived, a the library, she could make out Sehun’s outline in the darkness, barely visible under the dim streetlamp.

“Sehun,” she called out as she walked up to the dark figure.

           “Hey Jimin,” he whispered, pulling her into a tight hug. So this is what it feels like to be hugged by Oh Sehun, she thought. So this is what it feels like to be Sehun’s girlfriend.

*****

Hanbin was trying to his homework in his room, but the rest of the boys also insisted on staying in his room to talk.

            “Hey Junhyeong, does your sister have a boyfriend,” asked Jinhwan, shoving chips into his mouth.

            “No.”

            “What kind of guy does she like?”

            Junhyeong glared at Jinhwan, thinking about how to wipe that gleeful look off his face, “Tall, big eyes, quiet.”

            Bobby cackled, rolling around the floor and kicking his legs, “Jinhwan, you totally fit her ideal type.”

            “Actually,” Junhyeong said, smiling evilly, “last time she came, she thought you were cute, Bobby.”

            “Really?!” Bobby suddenly sat up, looking serious.

            “Hey! Back off, she’s mine, “ snapped Jinhwan.

            “Are you kidding me? She likes me better,” retorted Bobby, already imagining what it would be like to have her as his girlfriend. He took a handful of Jinhwan’s chips and smiled dreamily.

            “As if either of you actually has a chance,” muttered Junhyeong under his breath. “But they can find that out for themselves.”

            “Why don’t you just ask her out when she gets here?” said Nam Taehyun with his eyes closed, lying on the bed.

            “Fine, she’ll definitely say yes to me,” boasted Bobby.

            “Hmph… I trust Eunjin has better taste than that,” challenged Jinhwan.

            The rest of them just rolled their eyes.

            Mino spoke up from behind his computer screen, “Seunghoon and I are going to the girl’s field hockey game tomorrow. Anyone wanna join?”

            “Can’t. I’ve got a play rehearsal,” said Taehyun.

            “Donghyuk?”

            “Nope, I’m not joining in your stupid attempts at finding a girlfriend.”

            “Oh come on…. It’s time I found you a girlfriend, Donghyukkie. Please??”

            “Mino, your aegyo is enough to make a baby sick.”

            Hanbin stood up. He was suffering from a headache after reading Shakespeare for two hours, and his friends’ bickering was not helping.

            “I’m going for a walk outside,” he announced. When he finally stepped into the night, he took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air, and headed in the direction of the library.

*****

 

Jimin breathed in Sehun’s cologne as he released her from his hold.

“I’m glad you’re here, Jimin.”

“Of course. Are you okay?”

“I’m just mad that she left me for that guy. I mean, who cares if he’s in college? He can’t be better looking than me. I bet he’s short too.” Sehun sniffled.

 Jimin bit back a laugh at his narcissism. This was the Sehun that she knew. She was hit with nostalgia for their innocent childhood days. 

            “Remember that time I didn’t listen to mom and ran around right after eating pizza for lunch? I threw up all over the playground during recess, and you were the only one who came to help me. You dragged me to the nurse’s office and went to get your gym shirt so I could change. I never got a chance to thank you for that” Jimin laughed nervously. She could still remember standing there in her dirty clothes, surrounded by kids who were too repulsed to come closer and too enthralled to turn away. Even her teacher’s face was twisted with dread at having to deal with the mess.

             Was that the moment that she fell for Sehun? No. By that point she was already too far gone. Even though Sehun pinched her and made fun of her on the school bus, he always gave her a smile afterwards that let her know he was joking. It sounds crazy to say, but the way his smile could pull his serious eyes down into crescents made it as mysterious as a kid’s first magic trick. Jimin had always been greedy for those smiles. Enduring his teasing was hardly a chore for such a priceless reward. And now, so close to Sehun again, she searched his face for a trace of that familiar grin, but all she could find was a look of confusion.

“Are you sure that happened? I don’t think it was me. You know I hate vomit. Ugh,” Sehun said slowly.

“Of course it was you. I mean–I remember that day so clearly! Don’t you?”

           “Oh yeah…I think I remember now. I was in fourth grade then right? I remember I was supposed to be monitoring the younger kids on the playground that day, of-course that one day some kid had to throw up. So it was you!” Jimin felt a sinking feeling in her stomach as Sehun continued, “Anyways, by the time I got there some other kid had taken you to the nurse. I think Kim Hanbin was his name.”

Wait a second. It can’t be…

“Kim Hanbin??” Jimin suddenly stopped walking and grabbed Sehun’s sleeve, “What Kim Hanbin?”

           “He was some kid in your grade I think,” Sehun replied casually and took the chance to slip his arms around her. “I just remember him because he was pretty popular in our school for a while when he got featured in this famous rapper’s song. But then nothing ever came out of it and apparently he’s quit. But I don’t know much about this guy. Hey, aren’t you tired? Let’s sit down on this bench for a while”

            As Sehun walked her over to a bench hidden behind the shadow of the library, Jimin scanned furiously through her memories for a Kim Hanbin from elementary school. Was it really possible that the way she remembers the story has been wrong for all these years?

“Jimin-ah I’ve really been happy to get to catch up with you again,” Sehun wrapped an arm around her.

            Who is Kim Hanbin? The kid from her class didn’t look anything like he’d be a successful rapper. But then again, there was this morning when she saw him dancing by himself.

“We should really hang out more often,” Sehun put a hand on her knee.

            The Hanbin she knew did have that kind of fashion though. He wore those low hanging pants and baggy sweatshirts. The only part of his appearance he seemed to care about was taking care to wear a different hat everyday. But rapping? She couldn’t bring herself to compare him to her beloved GD.

            “You look beautiful, Jimin,” Sehun whispered. Jimin suddenly realized that Sehun had just uttered those exact words that she had dreamed to hear for years. She had set this line in all kinds of situations, every imaginable backdrop, but somehow, the reality was lacking. The boy in those dreams was charming, considerate, and insightful. Sitting on this cold, damp bench now, she suddenly couldn’t remember why it was that she liked Sehun so much. Before she could respond, however, Sehun pressed his lips onto hers.

              His mouth was wet and forceful, at her lips, biting at them, pushing her lips further apart. His tongue grabbed the opportunity to lunge in and sweep like a conqueror. The tip of his nose dug into her burning cheeks as he grabbed the back of her head with one hand, pushing her face still closer.

             “Sehun stop, you’re holding me too tight,” Jimin managed to gasp. She struggled to loosen his hold by pushing away from his shoulders with both hands.

             “Isn’t this what you’ve always wanted,” growled Sehun into . His hand slid from her hair down her back and into her jeans. Held there by the tight fabric, he clenched her and massaged it roughly. Sehun silenced her squeal by kissing her again.

              Jimin’s head clouded with pain as she struggled to breath. A wild sense of panic overtook her body, and her mind seemed to loose control of her limbs. Her arms and legs felt numb, like the power had been unplugged from them, leaving behind fried wires emitting their final sparks. Jimin had never felt so vunerable in her life.

              Sehun then pushed her down and pinned her back to the bench with his body. Jimin couldn’t tell if her face was wet with the tears that have begun to fall, or is it just the rain from the trees above. Maybe it was the wetness from the kissing. She didn’t know. She couldn’t even hear her own sobs leave , just the loud slurping of Sehun’s lips against hers, even as she clenched her teeth together to shut out his tongue.

              Using his legs to keep her down, he reached under her shirt and grabbed her s in both hands, aggressively squeezing to satiate his own hunger. She feels a hard lump pressing between her legs as Sehun started grinding on her, faster and faster.

              “Sehun, stop!” Jimin screamed once more. From the distance, she heard someone shouting. Sehun’s body slackened as his focus was momentarily diverted towards the noise.

               Knowing that she only had only a second to act, Jimin drew her knee to her chest and kicked out, hitting his crotch with her toe. Sehun drew back, cursing from the pain. She took the opportunity to get up on her elbows and kick him in her face. Jimin felt a crack as her foot made contact with his nose. She rolled to the side and fell off the bench, landing on her shoulder.

               Ignoring the pain, she scrambled to her feet as his hand grabbed the back of her shirt. Jimin jerked forward and felt the fabric rip. The anticipating autumn breeze gushed through the opening and her back as she started running. Adrenaline fueled her shaking legs to carry her through the blind night. Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands grab hers.

               “Let go of me!” she screamed, twisting around and slapping him in the face.

               “Stop screaming, it’s just me,” said Hanbin, grabbing her other hand a second before Jimin’s legs gave in.

*****

 

When Jimin opened her eyes again, she was lying on the floor in a room surrounded by mirrors. She looked around in confusion and saw Hanbin sitting next to her.

               “Uh hey, you’re awake,” he said awkwardly. “I didn’t know where else to take you so I brought you to the practice room.”

               A moment later, everything that happened with Sehun came rushing back to her, and Jimin felt like she was about to throw up. She couldn’t believe that she had been so stupid. Stupid for liking him. Stupid for believing that she had a chance with him. Stupid for going to meet him. Stupid for not seeing the signs earlier. As a girl in this world, she had been warned countless times about being careful, because you never know. She had always been confident that this kind of thing would never happen to her. She, Kim Jimin, was not the type of girl to put herself in that kind of situation. And yet, she couldn't bear to imagine what might have happened if she didn't escape then.

               She felt tears forming in her eyes, and soon, she was sobbing uncontrollably. She felt like she had wasted half her life stupidly. She was disgusted at Sehun. But even more so at herself. She barely noticed Hanbin staring at her in panic, until he finally decided on hugging her awkwardly. Jimin buried her face in his shirt and sobbed, wiping her snot on the fabric, no longer caring how gross she was being. She was disgusted at herself for making Sehun her prince, when the reality was that Sehun was nowhere near what she wanted him to be. She remembered Hanbin’s words: “the only person you’ve ever ‘loved’ was some childhood bully who’s never done anything to deserve your trust and devotion!” She finally understood why she had felt so defensive towards him. It was because he told what she knew was the truth that no one else had ever dared say to her.

               “I’m sorry,” he whispered, patting her back nervously.

               Jimin dried her face on his now ruined shirt, and looked at him pleadingly, “Please don’t tell anyone about what happened.”

              "What? You need to report him for what he did!” Hanbin stared at her like she was crazy. “Maybe we should discuss this when you’re calmer.”

               “And what am I going to tell them? How am I going to prove it?” she cried. “No. I’ve made up my mind. Let’s just forget that this happened. Please? Consider this a favor to me. I’ll do whatever you want in return.” Jimin was sure about her decision. She’d seen what had happened to other girls that told people about being attacked or harassed. They were always questioned, interviewed, questioned, put through a million different committees and finally dismissed from lack of evidence, but not before they were shamed for their foolishness.

               “Okay then,” Hanbin still didn’t look convinced, but he agreed reluctantly. “At least let me walk you back to the dorm. I want to go to bed knowing that you’re not wandering around by yourself in the dark.”

               Jimin nodded, deciding that she didn’t feel like risking running into Sehun again alone. But there was one thing she knew. There may be good people and bad people in the world, but she would never blindly trust someone again. She was not the Cinderella to a prince, and she couldn’t afford to fall for a fairytale a second time.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day :) I wanted to upload this chapter before I left on the plane. 

About the scene with Sehun, it's is pretty much the first part of this story I planned out. It's not because I'm running out of plot that I put it in, but ual harassement, , and consent is a big problem in high schools and beyond. Sometimes, it happens with a person you trust. I wanted to represent a situation that could happen everywhere, all the time, to people you might know or not, so that we can all think about what we would do in that situation, and what we can do in general to address this problem. Unfortunately, most girls and women never report ual harassement or for a variety of reasons, one of which is that they might not be taken seriously, or they would be blamed for the situation.

Of course, this is a fictional story and does not represent the actual people whose names I used. Sehun sweetie is my bias, I love him to death.

Love you all. Subscribe, comment, upvote