part 3

Work It Out

warning: swearing words.


"So, I think we better go with this song list instead of what Seokjin-hyung has planned; his list won't work."

Yoongi joined the preparation of the charity event after his new songs are finished in two weeks at Seokjin’s house—it became their temporary headquarter for planning the concert. He is helping with the music, the band, and the stage set since he will be the one who perform as the main star.

Hoseok frowns, “How can you be so sure?”

“Because I know what I am doing.” Yoongi supports his head by his already-healed left hand while another hands used to hold a mug. “Besides, the other rappers already sent their mixtapes to me and I’ve selected the songs that would create great flow so you can trust me on this one.”

Namjoon sighs, though. “Put that aside, Hoseok, how’s the marketing doing?”

Hoseok proudly gives Namjoon a thumb up. “The pamphlets are already spread on every corner of Seoul, the food stalls already got paid and ready, and the tickets already sold out since we put off the ‘only singles’ thing on the rules.” He rolls his eyes though, when he looks at Namjoon who in front of him and disgruntles with the view. “The fans would be really feel betrayed if they knew that Gloss isn’t single anymore, though.”

“Don’t fret it.” Namjoon shushes Hoseok by lightly hit his head by the papers he was holding for a while.

Hoseok groans, “Fine.” He propped his chin with his hands before he asks Namjoon, “Anyway, the only thing that left are the practice and the rehearsal, right? Can you tell your friends to come to Hongdae tomorrow?”

“Sure, I’ll message them when I get home.” Namjoon notes it on unused piece of paper around the table as reminder. "Anything else?"

"Let's see ..." Hoseok checks through the papers on the dining table before he remembered. "Right, Seosaengnim, have you invited your father?"

Yoongi nods although his face somehow sour. "I'm not sure he will come, though. I've sent him a message since three days ago but he hasn't reply it."

"What about your mother?" Namjoon curiously asks.

"Well, since she has restaurants, I reckon she wouldn't able to attend on busy days like Christmas." Yoongi slumps his head on the table and groans. "Hell, I don't know anymore."

Namjoon flops his hand on Yoongi’s head while he looks up to Hoseok, silently signaling that he wants to talk to him when they go home.

Hoseok understands—he gives Namjoon a nod as response.

“Anyway, Seosaengnim, have you finished the proposal?” Namjoon leans his head closer to make sure Yoongi is listening to him. “Hoseok and I need to go to Hongdae after this, so we need it right now.”

Yoongi looks up and nonchalantly asks, “Should you really go now?”

“Well if we don’t, the stage won’t be as perfect as we wanted.” Namjoon smugly grins while scoots even closer that makes their forehead almost touched. “What, are you lonely?”

The older man rolls his eyes before retorts like the hell I will and smacks Namjoon’s head with his forehead, immediately get off the dining table and head towards his room with a really visible annoyed expression plastered on his face—instead of feel hurts, Namjoon laughs hysterically that makes Hoseok throws him an incredulous look.

“You sadist.” But soon Namjoon’s laugh influences Hoseok.

After Yoongi harshly gives Namjoon the proposal and literally shoos them out, they immediately go to Hongdae with a bus as usual with carrying the files they need on their bag.

They settle things separately—Namjoon take care of the backstages and rooms for the rappers while Hoseok take care of the customs and the food stands—before they go to the reserved live house to check the venue condition.

Safety comes first after all.

Namjoon enters the live house with soon Hoseok following behind him before they greeted by the man he met before when he was looking for Gloss’ informations, seems like he still remember his face. They are immediately sent to the manager’s room to get things done—gives the manager Yoongi’s proposal, their opinions about what kind of venue they wanted it to be, and other things they needed to prepare.

A whole lot more before the D-day.

“But you know, it if his father—Gloss’ father—can’t come.”

Hoseok finally breathes a word after they finally done with the live house and go home by bus, looks dead tired but he still smiles like he usually do. They are walking to their house while snows fall gently on that night, yet the breeze is really could that turns their nose to reddish.

It makes them a bit difficult to breath.

Namjoon somehow agrees but even himself doesn’t know how to verbalize his mind so they can come up with a good solution for Yoongi. “I know, but there’s nothing we can do.”

“That .”

“You’ve said it twice so stop it already.”

Hoseok huffs, clearly ignored Namjoon’s retort and begins to speak nonsense. “We should kidnap Gloss’ father so he can come.”

Namjoon immediately reacts with sway his head off to Hoseok and snaps, “Are you out of your mind? We would be put in jail—wait,” a thought springs to Namjoon’s mind before he asks, “Is it a crime to force a father to attend his son’s performance?”

“Never heard of it.” Hoseok shrugs.

“So it is okay, isn’t it?” Namjoon asks again to make sure.

Hoseok blinks, twigs that there’s possibility Namjoon will literally kidnap Yoongi’s father. “Dude, I was joking—”

“I think that’s a good idea though?” Namjoon innocently stated, yet his smiles and his curved eyes isn’t.

“Namjoon, no.”

“I’ll still do it anyway.”

Yah! Don’t!


To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
seosaengnim, do you have kim-seosaengnim’s number?

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
what for?

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
I need to take care of my graduation and the administration said I shall contact my homeroom teacher.

Lies, but Namjoon can’t help it.

Yoongi sent Seokjin’s contact afterward, seems like he doesn’t suspicious at all. The contact immediately saved by Namjoon before he taps the number to call him, executes his own plan to literally force Yoongi’s father to come to the concert.

But not literally kidnapping him as Hoseok suspected him to do yesterday.

Seokjin picks up Namjoon’s call with a light “Hello?” which somehow makes him sighs in relief that Yoongi isn’t pull pranks on him, at least today.

“Uh… Kim-seosaengnim? It’s me, Kim Namjoon.” Namjoon scratches his head while throws himself on bed, suddenly feels nervous that he rarely talks to Seokjin even after he knew Yoongi’s secrets. “I know it’s sudden, but do you have time to talk?”

The older man on the other line silences for a moment before he replies, a bit hesitant about his words. “I can spare about five minutes, so hurry.”

Right, the 10th and 11th graders are still have lessons until winter break—which is today is the last day. “May I know where Min-seosaengnim’s mother’s restaurant is?”

“I can, though, but why? Suddenly asked me that ….”

“I want to meet her.”

Namjoon can hear something falls loudly on the other line while he heard Seokjin apologized to the surprised teachers before the older man rushes to speak, rather in disbelief, “What for? Don’t tell me you want to introduce yourself as Yoongi’s and—”

“Well, yes, I will, but not now.” Seokjin knew their relationship and sure, Namjoon wants to, but that’s not the purpose he wanted to know Yoongi’s mother’s restaurant—he will just do the introduction later. “I want his father to come, and I believe she’s the mediator between Min-seosaengnim and his father, right?”

Although Namjoon can’t see Seokjin’s face right now, he knew the older man frowns and doubts his plan. “You sure you want to meet her?” Namjoon answes with a quiet yes. He sighs, “… fine, I’ll send you the map. But, Kim Namjoon.”

“Yes?”

“Bring a big bucket of oranges when you get there.”

Namjoon frowns. Oranges? “Why?”

“If you want to meet her, do as I say.”

“… Okay?”


“Excuse me, I’d like to meet Mrs. Min.”

After Namjoon immediately went to a market by borrowing his father’s car to buy oranges, he visits Yoongi’s mother’s restaurant with following the map by GPS that Seokjin sent to him. Her restaurant looks great, though, for a family restaurant since its interior and its exterior are look pricey for Namjoon.

“Do you have any appointment?” The receptionist politely asked him with a business smile.

“I’m not, but,” Namjoon gives the bucket of oranges to her while says, “Kim Seokjin-ssi sent me here to share a news.”

The receptionist went ah before she told him to wait with take a seat while she brought the bucket with her to the manager’s room. He obediently wait, though, while still wondering why Seokjin demanded him to bought oranges instead of flowers.

Isn’t woman prefers a man who brought her flowers instead of foods like sitcoms he often watch when his mother monopolized the living room’s TV?

Or is he the one who already old-fashioned?

He is waiting for her for around five minutes when the receptionist finally shows up and asks him to come in. Namjoon, with a deep breath, finally gets up and trails her while preparing the speech on his mind so he won’t mess things up when he faces Yoongi’s mother.

How he will introduces himself to her?

Introduces himself as Yoongi’s boyfriend is a big no—Seokjin warned him to not to; introduces himself as Yoongi’s student is a big no either—a student doesn’t need to meet his teacher’s parent and suddenly coaxes them to do as s/he wish; then, what should he use?

Hmm.

Namjoon heads up and walks himself in after the receptionist left him alone, still nervous that Yoongi’s mother still asks something weird—or even, asking his intention which actually he hasn’t prepare anything to make things up yet.

At least not now.

“So, are you Seokjin’s colleagues?”

He startles, but he immediately nods with a made-up smile and answers, “Ah—yes, I, uh, I was Seokjin-sunbae’s junior.” Oh God, Kim-seosaengnim, I’m so sorry. “And I heard from him that you have experience in culinary and so, uh, I want to interview you a little bit for… um, our College’s wall magazine.”

She smiles, but her stares somehow piercing Namjoon’s whole body. “So what major are you actually in?”

“I’m, uh, Music?” It sounds like a question than an answer but Namjoon doesn’t even realize it. “I’m majoring in Music but actually I really have interest in culinary so—”

“Can you please sit down first?”

“O-oh, right, I’m sorry.” Namjoon is too nervous even to sit down.

“And you’re lying, right?”

Namjoon almost falls from his seat.

He looks at her rather in disbelief yet he can’t help but splutters, “I-I’m sorry, uh, but … how?”

She still smiles it scares Namjoon. “Seokjin told me a while ago that a student of Yoongi’s will come to visit me with a bucket of oranges.” She lets Namjoon to properly sit down before she speaks, “So, what brings you here, dear?”

Namjoon cringes, still feels guilty for lied to her. “I’m sorry for lying to you, Miss, but it’s urgent.”

Yoongi’s mother chuckles when she saw Namjoon fidgets in guilt but asks again, “Everything about Yoongi is always urgent. What’s your name?”

“I-I’m Namjoon, Kim Namjoon.” Namjoon rigidly introduces himself before he breathes, trying to calm himself down while he builds up reasons in his mind. “Can I explain it now?”

She fixes his sit position before she propped her chin by both of her hands, ready to hear Namjoon. “Be my guest.”

Namjoon takes a deep breath before he verbalize his plan that has been build up on his mind for a while. “So, Miss, my intention of coming here is to ask you to persuade your husband to come to Min-seosaengnim’s performance this weekend.”

“Is it about the message he sent to my husband a while ago?” She asks, looks unfazed. Namjoon immediately nods. “Are you one of the staffs then?” He nods again. “But how—”

“I, uh, actually was the one who planned it.” Revealing a bit truth won’t hurt, Namjoon hopes. “I just, well, I thought it’ll be a waste of his talent since he already made it this far yet opposed to do so.”

A sigh comes out of her lips, rather sounds disapproving to Namjoon’s ears than relieved. “You mean he’s better with music which its income rather unstable than a doctor who its future already bright?”

Wait, what?

Namjoon believed that Yoongi’s father was the one who imposing him on his doctor career, and he thinks he can coax Yoongi’s mother to persuade his husband so Yoongi will finally got recognized by them but…

It seems both Yoongi and him are wrong.

“Let me tell you, dear, being a musician—or even a rapper—doesn’t bring you any good; talent doesn’t makes you survive, a skill is.” Now, her smiles look so fake in Namjoon’s eyes, yet it intimidates him. “A naïve kid like you won’t understand that.”

It’s not Yoongi’s father who opposed him.

“Your doings won’t even able to shine Yoongi back anymore.”

It’s his mother.

“Just give up.”

And it’s infuriating Namjoon.

No word falls from both of their lips; both of them in silence with their own mind yet their eyes meet each other, rather looks disapproving each other’s opinion.

Namjoon would never expect it will turns out this way, either.

“Miss, I will make things clear here: I’ll be a freshman this spring and I wasn’t lying that I took Music as my major.” Namjoon extremely disappointed with her; he thought he can work something out through Yoongi’s mother but no avail. “Next, yes, maybe I’m still a kid compared to Min-seosaengnim, but a kid like me even understand that he’s serious about his choice.”

Yoongi’s mother seems ridiculed by his words that makes her stands up while her slender fingers grabs the edge of the table rather arrogantly, “Who do you think you are, kid? Talk big and such.”

I’m your son’s boyfriend!—that what was Namjoon going to say but he already promised Seokjin to not tell her. “And you call yourself his mother after all things you have done to him?”

“You sure has a foul mouth—”

“At least I’m better than a person who use her own husband as decoy of her crimes!” Namjoon finally scathingly snaps while reflexively stands up; he can’t handle the crap she pushed on him anymore. “Aren’t parents supposed to support their kids as long as they don’t do bad things? He just want to have his life spent as a rapper and he’s being responsible of his choice!”

“What nonsense are you talking—”

“All you did were holding him back!” She startles of Namjoon’s snaps but he didn’t stop right there. “And yet he believed that all of this were his father’s doing! I should be the one who asked what nonsense has you been done to your son!”

She still stubborn to admit, and yet she’s obnoxiously flings back at Namjoon, “You don’t know anything! You don’t have the rights to say that to me!”

However, Namjoon berates. “Really? You don’t know how Yoongi actually felt when he needed to keep up both his dream and your selfishness either! If he didn’t remember he has dream to achieve like you guys promised to him five years ago, he would be dead already!”

His words seems strikes her quite hard since she stops interjecting Namjoon and her face a bit paled after he said something about Yoongi being dead. Namjoon didn’t say anything further, though, and decided to leave the room with then, I’ll take my leave.

Dammit.

He would never imagine it would be turned like this!


“Next, Ikjie-ssi, please stand by.”

Yoongi’s voice fills up the venue to rehearse the concert on the next day, but both Namjoon’s heart and mind aren’t there and just spaced out since he arrived. Hoseok tried to snap him out of it by tickling his sides, but Namjoon’s mind is too occupied to care his surroundings.

He feels sorry for Yoongi but he can’t tell him that the one who actually holding him back is his mother; it’s too cruel.

Everyone are doing his own job while he actually in charge of the performance with Yoongi, but he can’t bring himself to concentrate to the rehearsal. He knew the preparation is far from perfect, but still, he feels that somehow it shouldn’t be Yoongi’s father who they needed to get the approval of Yoongi’s choice of life, but his mother.

Or was it both of them?

“Namjoon?”

He jolts in surprise before he immediately turn his head to Yoongi who has been staring at him, looks concerned of his unusual silence. The guilt suddenly hits him, but he aswers although it sounds awkward to him while forcing himself to smile, “W-what is it, Seosaengnim?”

“You okay?” Yoongi’s voice sounds worried.

Namjoon shakes his head, clearly denies him although he actually isn’t. “I’m good.”

Yoongi frowns while checks Namjoon’s forehead by his hand, doesn’t believe the younger male that he is okay. “You’re a bit burning, though?”

“I, uh, I just have lots on my mind lately.” Yoongi’s cold hand somehow feels comforting that it makes him chuckles, suddenly remembered their first meeting. “It feels like our first meeting, isn’t it? On that time, you checked my temperature too, when I got cold.”

“Now that you mention it…” Yoongi is still checking while his fingers traces to Namjoon’s neck, “You were freaking out and went WAIT ARE YOU THAT GLOSS—

Seosaengnim!” Namjoon shushes while his cheeks unconsciously burns in embarrassment.

Yoongi grins while finally done with checking Namjoon’s body temperature. “I would never thought we became a thing, though.”

“I’m irresistible.” Namjoon states while his nose raises in confidence, which makes Yoongi feigns barf, clearly disagree with him.

“Yeah, right, whatever.” Yoongi rolls his eyes, a bit annoyed by Namjoon’s word before he writes something down on the paper he has holding for a long time and gives it to the younger male. “Drink this when you get home.” Namjoon thanked him while immediately put the paper in his jeans pocket, which makes Yoongi frowns and asks again, “You sure you’re okay?”

Namjoon immediately nods, but Yoongi seems he didn’t buy his answers. There’s no way he can say it honestly about yesterday’s scene to Yoongi—the older man even doesn’t know that he went to Yoongi’s mother’s restaurant, and Namjoon afraid the facts may makes the older man feels betrayed for second time.

He just doesn’t want that.

“How thoughtful of you to be worried about me.” Namjoon teases with a smirk which makes Yoongi immediately annoyed and he was about to snap, but the older man sighs instead and seems understand that he is trying to lie. Yoongi doesn’t seem to buy Namjoon’s lies at all which makes the younger male goes panic—the older man’s stare pierced right though Namjoon’s inner mind that it feels his skins flayed to the bones that it hurts.

A scoff comes out of Yoongi’s lips while his stares judging every single of Namjoon’s movements. “Namjoon.”

Argh.

Fine!

“Okay, fine! You got me, okay? So can you please stop staring with that look?” Yoongi’s stares makes Namjoon suffocating of its intensity. The older man stopped staring, but his eyes still shows that he is annoyed. “Are you free tonight?”

Yoongi’s eyes still shines doubt and annoyance on its pupils. “What about it?”

“Let me drive you.” Namjoon finally sighs in defeat.

The older man didn’t ask anything further and only nods as the answer.

After the rehearsal done at 9 PM, everyone except both Namjoon and Yoongi bid goodbyes, reminding each other that tomorrow they will start at 10 AM. Namjoon getting his father’s car ready while Yoongi busying himself with his phone. They spent the time with only music roars in the car even after Namjoon start driving the car, no one of them even wants to speak up first.

No one of them even tried to.

Namjoon finally parks the car on nearest parking lot at Han River and takes a deep breath, preparing himself to tell the truth. Yoongi turns off his phone and diverts his attention to Namjoon, ready to hear anything out of him.

Okay, Namjoon, take a good deep breath. Breathe, breathe….

He needs to be ready to Yoongi’s reaction after he tells yesterday’s scene.

“No regrets?” Namjoon finally speaks up, clarify Yoongi that he is ready to hear him out.

Yoongi nods. “No regrets.”

“Okay, then …” Namjoon warms them up with odd things he found yesterday; it is Yoongi’s messages he sent to his father. “Do your father shows any signs that he has read your messages?”

Yoongi shrugs, “He said he didn’t receive any.” The older man groans, seems agitated. “Isn’t it weird? I sent him a lot! How can he said that—”

Seosaengnim,” Namjoon interjects rather abruptly, but he really should since it’s the thing he wants to tell. “Sorry to interrupt, but I can tell you why.”

The older man stopped, blinking, before he exclaims, “How?”

This is it. “First, let me apologize about came to your mother’s restaurant without telling you. I came to meet her yesterday.” Yoongi’s pupils dilates in surprise. “Second, I know I haven’t know your family well, yet, but I don’t think you blaming a right person.”

Yoongi frowns, “What do you mean?”

“You remembered the story you told to me long ago? About the life you has been through?” Yoongi nods, eagerly asks Namjoon to make him to the point. “It was your mother’s doing, not your father’s.” Namjoon twigs, immediately regrets that he didn’t record his and Yoongi’s mother’s conversation yesterday as the proof. Damn. “I’m telling you the truth, but I forgot to record our talk as proof.”

Yoongi’s pupils shaken in surprise, clearly flabbergasted by his words he has stated a while ago.

Namjoon was right, it wasn’t a good idea to tell him.

He reaches Yoongi’s hands and hold it before gently rubs the knuckles, trying to calm the older man down. He murmurs, worried that the further he talks, the further Yoongi broken inside. “Should I stop?”

Yoongi hold Namjoon’s hands tighter, but soon he shakes his head, tell to the younger male to continue. “Don’t mind me.”

“She,” Namjoon exhales his breath that he unconsciously has been holding for a while, trying to calm himself down. “She, uh, well, at first she knew you were sending the messages to your father. I guess she was the one who deleted it so your father wouldn’t know.” He can hear Yoongi’s breath became hitched but he still continues, “And, I think your father was just your mother’s decoy, so I think you can’t blame him—”

Namjoon is forced to stop when Yoongi’s hands grabs his shoulder, lowering his head and calls his name rather in a hoarse voice, “Namjoon.” He calls him again. “Namjoon—” Namjoon immediately pulls the older man to his arms and hugs him although it hurts for him too. “Namjoon…!”

The younger male flops his hand on the back of Yoongi’s head and gently ruffles his hair to calm him down while the other arm slings on the older man’s waist to makes him feels comforted by his touch. Instead saying encouraging words on the older man’s ears, Namjoon chooses to silently listen to Yoongi’s hitched sobs on his shoulder, giving him time to calm down.

It suddenly flits on Namjoon’s mind that the burden on Yoongi’s shoulders must be too much for the older man that he became a bit sensitive when it comes about his family.

The burden of being a son that his parents can be proud of;

The burden of chasing his dreams;

The burden of having his parents as the obstacles of his yearning dream;

The burden of become someone he actually didn’t want to.

And the burden of proving to his parents that his choice of life is right must be the heaviest for Yoongi right now, even it might become worse when Namjoon told him that actually it was his mother who opposed his dream—he actually might got mentally scarred by all of these dramas, but he doesn’t show it to anyone.

It was the first for Namjoon to be able to saw Yoongi finally showed his breakdown.

“Ssh, Seosaengnim, it’s okay.” Namjoon finally soothing Yoongi by words after the older man calms down while his hand ruffles his hair. “You still have me.”

Yoongi looks up, his eyes a bit reddened although there aren’t trace of tears on his face, somehow doubting Namjoon’s statement. He didn’t say anything, however, and he just buries his face back on Namjoon’s chest, seeking for comfort on the younger male.

Namjoon only hugs him tighter in reply.


On the days before the D-day, Namjoon spent it with watching over the preparation of the charity concert while Yoongi directing the other rappers and himself as the rehearsal went. They didn’t bring the issue up and prefer focusing on their own task, decided that it was the best to not discuss the problem further since they still have a big event to do and they need to make it success.

It’s Yoongi’s answer of his life choice and they don’t want to ruin it.

“Hey, Namjoon.” Donghyuk nudges his side by his elbow when it was Yoongi’s turn to rehearse his stage on one day before the D-day. “Why aren’t you joining the stage? Your skill hasn’t rotten, have you?”

Donghyuk was one of Namjoon’s rapper circles back then, the closest one as the younger male could remember. He is one of the DNH (DaeNamHyup) members that Namjoon used to be a part of and knew his activity back then, being in one stage for years and making songs together with the others.

He actually willingly to join after Namjoon contacted him and told him that Gloss will be there as the main star, though, but the question of his which about him not performing is still bugging the younger male that makes him often shuts him by covering his mouth with his hands when someone approaches them so nobody would hear it.

Namjoon feels a bit burdened because of him.

“I’m taking break.” Namjoon sighs and push Donghyuk’s arm away. “Besides, I need to focus on my studies first so I won’t perform anything until I’m satisfied by it.”

Donghyuk rolls his eyes while scoffs at Namjoon’s answer, clearly didn’t buy his answer. “You mean, you quitted.

Namjoon snickers, “If you already knew then don’t ask to repeat myself.”

“But you know,” Donghyuk averts his gaze on Yoongi who is ready to rehearse his second track and comments, “Don’t you think it’s such a waste to not perform in a same stage as Gloss-ssi’s? It’s a lifetime chance, dude!”

Namjoon shrugs while his gaze fixed on Yoongi, with his hand writes down the evaluation on the board he has holding for a while. He chews the cud, however, actually let Donghyuk’s opinion slips on his mind but he immediately shakes his head while answers, “I prefer this way.”

Donghyuk’s lips pursed, a bit infuriated since he can’t coax Namjoon to return. “Whatever, your skill’s rotten already.”

“Oh, shut up.” Namjoon jokingly shoves the older male’s sides.

Donghyuk chortles, somehow fathoms Namjoon’s action as he looks around and realizes that the others were staring at them. He pats Namjoon’s head before he says “Feel free to join us when you’ve made up your mind, okay?”

Namjoon lets out a sharp laugh before he simply answers “Okay, fine.” and Donghyuk pats his back and go to the stage since it’s his turn to rehearse. Although Namjoon actually wants to return to his life as underground rapper, he doesn’t think that now it’s the right time to do so. At least not until he become better than now.

He already promised himself.

Yoongi stretches his hand, ask Namjoon for the board, when the older man finally comes down off the stage. Namjoon immediately hands it down, but blinks when Yoongi frowns by his writing. The older man half-heartedly murmurs, “Your handwriting’s terrible.”

“Shut up.” Namjoon groans. He doesn’t want to get lectured by Yoongi right now.

Yoongi being lackadaisical of Namjoon’s reaction, lightly raises the corner of his lips before he reads the younger male’s writing with efforts. Namjoon is watching, though, somehow feels relieved that Yoongi didn’t look gloomy even after he heard all of the truth like he didn’t expect him to be—he will be really feels guilty if he did, since he actually wants to keep it to himself.

He’s afraid because Yoongi actually more fragile than he thought.

“Right, wait,” Namjoon snatches the board and writes down some more, ignoring Yoongi’s snap about being rascal, before he put it in front of the older man’s face. “What about this?”

The older man frowns while his lips verbalizes the words on the board, “Can I call you Yoon-hyung when the concert’s over—what?” He immediately looks up to saw Namjoon—his eyes already looks like he only ready to receive yes as the answer—while the sentence that falls off his mouth sounds more a question than asking his sanity. “Did you make a typo somewhere?”

“Do you hate being called hyung that much?” It’s Namjoon’s turn to frown.

“That’s not what I mean—” Yoongi sighs, “Listen, Namjoon, didn’t I say this before? I’m still your teacher—” Namjoon pursed his lips, clearly ignoring the older man’s explanation. “Yah, listen to me!”

Instead of sulks, Namjoon chortles, clearly amused by Yoongi’s reaction. “I know it already; I just messing around with you.” Yoongi was about to snap, but Namjoon immediately put his index finger on the older man’s lips and says, “Instead of using your energy to shout at me, what about we evaluate your performance? Tomorrow’s the day, after all.”

“I prefer that one.”

“Deal, then.”


Today the concert will be held at 5PM.

The crews are busy with the crowds in front of the area—ticket checking, selling goodies and organizing the lines of fans who a bit out of control by not obeying the crew—while the stage staffs are busy with the clothes, venue-checking and taking care of the rappers to ready.

Hoseok is the one who responsible for today’s event.

Yoongi looks worried, though. He feels something is missing around the staffs that busy going back and forth before he immediately forces Hoseok to stop running by tugging his jacket and asks, “Did someone absent today?”

Hoseok frowns, “No, there isn’t?” Hoseok’s answer sounds asking Yoongi back than actually answer him. “Is something wrong?”

“I think we missed someone …” Yoongi twigs as he reflexively tugs Hoseok’s jacket again. “Hey, where’s Namjoon?”

“Namjoon?” Hoseok went ah! before he answers brightly with his usual smile, “Don’t worry, he’s on his way on picking your parents up.”

“Come again?” Yoongi doesn’t believe what he has heard a while ago.

Hoseok beams, though. “I said, he was on his way picking your parents up.”

“… what?!”


But someone named Kim Namjoon would never give up to finish things he already involved himself on.

Seokjin and him come to Yoongi’s (real) house to pick the older man’s parents up although they haven’t make any appointment yet—the Literature Teacher said both of them are home after he phoned the house—and to explain things, especially about what kind of life Yoongi has been through after he left home.

All of them, although Namjoon haven’t asked Yoongi’s permission.

They need to wait for a while before they actually let them in, although Seokjin told Namjoon that Yoongi’s mother doesn’t seem pleased when she heard the younger male’s name—he just dryly laugh when Seokjin asked what actually happened.

It would be awkward if Namjoon told him so he choose to not to.

“How brave of you to face me again, Kim Namjoon.

Namjoon actually cringes by her sarcasm but he hides it instead, worried that Seokjin might asking things he doesn’t want to. Seokji take turn to look at Namjoon and Yoongi’s mother, still confused by the tension that suddenly heaves around them but voices his reason of coming here anyway, “Auntie, we want to pick both of you to come to Yoongi’s concert now.”

Yoongi’s father blinks, “Yoongi is performing again? How could I not know that? He usually sent messages about it, though?”

“He didn’t—” Yoongi’s mother was about to lie to her husband, but Namjoon interjects smoothly with his eyes curves like a crescent moon. “Well, of course you wouldn’t know. Your wife deleted it right away after all.”

“She did what?” Yoongi’s father looks as surprised as his wife as he turn to his head to her. “Honey, is it true?” His wife refuses to look at him. “Honey?”

Namjoon coughs, trying to get everyone’s attention before he starts to speak—or ask Yoongi’s father, actually, “Sir, do you actually object Min Yoongi-ssi’s life choice?”

Yoongi’s father turns silent while everyone turns their gaze on him, mildly curious how he will answer Namjoon’s question. Based on events Namjoon has been through after he met Yoongi months ago, he assumed that it was actually Yoongi’s mother who objects him—but someone can’t apply the theory in reality unless the person said it himself or herself.

So Namjoon only able to ask it in person if he wants to clarify the vague hints since ages. In person, for Yoongi’s sake.

“Actually, no, I didn’t.”

Namjoon’s pupils dilate in surprise. So it was true!

Yoongi’s mother looks as surprise as Namjoon is as she immediately turns her head to her husband, clearly in disbelief. She was about to protest but Yoongi’s father immediately shakes his head, demands her to not say anything.

“May I ask who are you, son?” Yoongi’s father ask kindly.

“I’m…” Namjoon’s eyes averted to Seokjin, silently asking what kind of introduction he is allowed to—Yoongi’s boyfriend, Yoongi’s discipline or Yoongi’s student?—before the older man silently mouther student by his lips. “I’m Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi-ssi’s student—”

Yoongi’s father immediately doesn’t buy his answer, “Who actually are you?”

“Pardon?” Namjoon is confused. Is he knew that Min-seosaengnim and I—

“I ever saw you when you were performing on a same stage like Yoongi’s.” Everyone but him looks confused. “Not as the staff, but as—”

Namjoon suddenly realizes where the conversation is going. Crap! No way! “I don’t think so—”

“Ruch Randa, wasn’t it?”

Namjoon was confounded.

Seokjin looks as surprised as Namjoon by immediately turn his head on him and asks, “Wait, Kim Namjoon, you were—”

Namjoon is the most surprised here. How could Yoongi’s father knew? Namjoon doesn’t even remember he ever mention his stage name! “… h-how did you …?” Namjoon stuttered, taken aback by his question.

“Voice never lies, son.” Although Namjoon seems at loss, Yoongi’s father chuckles. “Are you still active, then?”

He sighs. Man, no use. He already knew. “No, I’m not.”

“I see, too bad…” Yoongi’s father slowly stands up by using his palms on the armchair as support, ready to being picked up. “Shall we go, then?”

Seokjin immediately nods while get out of the living room, ready to start his car. His wife totally still against his decision, however, and start to nags, “Dear—”

“Honey,” her husband pats her shoulder before give her a knowing smile, assures that he has made a right decision. “You should witness it by yourself.”

Yoongi’s mother is still stubborn with her opinion, “I don’t want to! Being a rapper is simply ridiculous and has no future! I’m totally against it!”

“Although he’s your son?”

 She doesn’t answer her husband.

“Miss,” Namjoon finally speaks up. They can’t halt by this drama much longer—Yoongi will perform in 30 minutes and the traffic is really bad right now; Namjoon isn’t sure they can make it on time if she keeps being stubborn like this. “Like what your husband said, you won’t know until you saw him performing.”

“Right! How can you be so sure?!” Yoongi’s mother lost her cool which makes Namjoon started to feels pissed off.

Namjoon retorts, politeness, there’s no time! “Because Yoongi-ssi has belief in you! Please! We don’t have much time left!” Yoongi’s mother looks taken aback, but Namjoon didn’t pay attention of it and instead keep demanding, “Sir, let’s go.”

“R-right!”


“Where the are you?! His turn is in ten minutes!” Hoseok’s voice echoed on Namjoon’s ear right after the younger male picked up the call which makes him reflexively put his phone away. Hoseok seems doesn’t care, though, and keep snapping, “You better get your here or—”

Namjoon groans, somehow infuriated by Hoseok that he even doesn’t know the problem they face here. “Godammit Hoseok, chill down!” He really wants to curse a bunch the older male but he remembers he has elders on the back seat and a teacher on his right side; it’s a big no. “We are trying, okay? The traffic’s jammed right now and we are unable to move at all!”

Hoseok seems taken aback by Namjoon answers, but he still sounds desperate, “But Namjoon, he—wait, Seosaengnim, no, I’m talking with Namjoon right now—” he stopped and Namjoon can hear his phone is snatched away by Hoseok’s scream—Seosaengnim, no! You should be ready right now!; Goddammit Jung Hoseok, shut up—before another voice up greets him rather unfriendly, “Yah, you little rascal, where are you?”

Namjoon almost dropped his phone.

Se-Seosangnim?” Namjoon unconsciously stutters. Damn, Namjoon didn’t see this coming! “I, uh, I’m—”

“Kim Namjoon,” Seokjin is suddenly calling Namjoon, which makes the younger male frown in confusion. “Put in on the speaker mode.”

“But—” Seokjin’s unusual glares strangely terrifies Namjoon—it looks so dark and … scary. “Uh … sorry, okay.” He immediately taps the speaker icon on his smartphone as Seokjin told. “Here.”

Yoongi’s voice can be clearly heard from the other line, still lecturing Namjoon that he’s being irresponsible of his plan while Seokjin takes a deep breath, be prepared for something the younger male prefers to not know, before his lips parted to form a sentence.

“Yoongi.” Seokjin continues. “I brought Uncle and Auntie.”

“What the—”

“And I put this phone to speaker mode so you can’t curse, not even hell.” Seokjin warned him while Namjoon timidly peek at behind of his back—Yoongi’s parents scoot closer to his phone, mildly curious. “How much time do you have before you go to the stage?” Seokjin asks.

“Around eight minutes left, I guess.” Yoongi sounds trying to be as calm as possible—is he trying to not embarrass himself because his parents are listening or is it because of Seokjin? Namjoon doesn’t know. “Can you make it, Hyung?”

Seokjin looks hesitant as he looks around the horrible traffic they has faced for almost twenty minutes before heavily sighs. Namjoon know what does it means; they probably can’t, they’re still too far from the venue.

Is there no other way?

Namjoon anxiously bites his lower lip before he answers, “Probably no—” however, Seokjin interjects him “No, we can! Of course we can!” and gestures his index finger on his own lips, demands Namjoon to shut up, while he quickly ends the conversation. “Don’t worry, okay?”

Yoongi’s answers sounds unsure, “You better make it—”

“Yeah, sure! You better go standby, okay? Later!” Yoongi was about to answer Seokjin again, but the older man immediately taps the red button to end the call, somehow panicked when he realize they don’t have much time left as he checked his watch earlier. He grabs Namjoon’s shoulder and asks—no, demands, “You should go with Yoongi’s parents now. There’s no time.”

Namjoon blinks, “But how—” then Namjoon suddenly get what does Seokjin desperately trying to command him. “By running?” Seokjin immediately nods. “W-what about his parents? And what about you?”

“I’ll stay here, and,” Seokjin immediately turn his back to the back seat, facing Yoongi’s parents. “Auntie, do you mind if Kim Namjoon carrying you? I don’t think Uncle can carry you right now; his back isn’t strong anymore.”

Yoongi’s mother shows disapproval by groans rather annoyed, “Why him?”

“Although I believe uncle is good at running without burdening his back, though.” Seokjin sighs, doesn’t really answer Yoongi’s mother. “And Kim Namjoon’s still young, I’m sure he can carry you. Is that okay, Uncle?” Yoongi’s father lightly nods, “That’s settled then.”

Before Yoongi’s mother even has chance to protest, Namjoon already get out of the car and open the door where sides she’s sitting on. Namjoon doesn’t really say anything except excuse me as he carries her, however and begins to run while her husband following him behind.

“Why?” Yoongi’s mother finallys peaks when they are almost arrived to the venue, “I thought we have something unsettled between us.”

“Well,” To be honest, Namjoon only carrying her because he was told to, but he actually doesn’t hate her; he just doesn’t understand why she against Yoongi’s life choice that much. “I know we do, but Miss, your son is waiting for us; he’s waiting for both of you.” He chuckles, though, when he realizes that the lady really similar to Yoongi he knew—hard to close with at first, but actually a sweetheart. “We can settle it later.”

Yoongi’s mother seems taken aback, doesn’t expect that Namjoon would answers calmly unlike the first time they met. She frowns, however and asks again, “Why do you care so much about Yoongi? He just your teacher, right?”

Namjoon finally exhales in relief, glad that Yoongi’s mother finally warmed up with him. “He’s special to me.” before she asks further, Namjoon mouthed excuse me and put her down right in front of the entrance by her husband quickly catches him behind. “But I’m sure his parents are more special to him than me.”

“... special?”

Namjoon throws her a smile. “I’m his boyfriend.”

Yoongi’s mother didn’t ask him further as Namjoon shows them the way of the reserved seats for Yoongi’s parents. A comment that Namjoon actually least expected never rolls off , not even a word, until Yoongi enter the stage, ready to make the audience who already excited of him standing on the stage for his comeback.

The younger male waves his long arm to Yoongi, signaling that his parents already here to watch his performance. Yoongi seems to notice him as he waves his hand to Namjoon, a smile suddenly appear to his face and holding his mic even tighter and begins to speak, “Okay, hello, I’m GLOSS, and I would like to thank you guys who are willing to spend the Christmas Eve with us tonight.” He fixes his colorful snapback while he grins and throw jokes the audience, “Although I know you guys are here because you don’t have someone to spend with.”

Comments as then don’t ask!, boo!, shut up!, and hey, it hurts! rampage the stage like crazy but hey, they laugh since Yoongi is actually right—they won’t be here unless they are single, Seokjin was the one who came up with the idea when he discussed the plan with Namjoon and Hoseok. One of the audience raises his hand and Yoongi walks closer to him and slightly slouches his body to hear him out, “Yeah, what is it?” Yoongi asks while pointing his mic on him.

The audience starts to ask Yoongi, “Then what about you, Gloss-ssi? Are you single, just like us?”

“Huh? Oh come on, guys, an awesome guy like me won’t be single, right?” Yoongi joshing the audience while grins never leave his face—Namjoon actually relieved when he heard that, at least he knew that the older man realize he’s in a relationship. “I have someone and s(he) a lot younger than me, so I need to take care of her(him) well, aren’t I?”

The answer taken Namjoon aback.

“A lot younger? How much?” The audience seems very curious than Namjoon expected him to be. He immediately signals a no by forming X symbol by both of his arms to Yoongi but the older man ignored him and lightly answers, “Around six years younger? Yeah, that much.”

The audiences went ooooh while Namjoon face-palmed. Gosh. Why.

“Well!” Yoongi immediately straighten his back when the one of audience was about to ask him further. “Enough about me, let’s start, shall we?” The audience shows approval by screams filled the live house tonight. “Are you ready to get more heated tonight?!” The audience say yes!! in unison. “3, 2, 1!”

And Namjoon’s time stopped.

All he could heard is Yoongi’s rap that he has heard numerous times on the rehearsal, but it still fresh on his mind that he would still both impressed and immersed on the older man’s performance—everything are whitened out; the only things Namjoon can see and listen is Yoongi rapping in front of him, coaxing him to hear every single word that smoothly rolled out of his mouth without missing any of it. Namjoon knew he can’t escape; he choose to stay although the lyrics always makes him feels vulnerable whenever he heard it.

Because Gloss aka Min Yoongi is there, trying to breaking through difficulties on his life even before he met Namjoon.

Because he’s the one.

A rapper he has admired for years.

Someone that actually indirectly changed Namjoon’s life.

A person that Namjoon would never thought he will love.

Everything on Namjoon’s life changed after he met Yoongi in the infirmary; he become much relaxed with people and even become close to Hoseok—a classmate he always ignore since Namjoon is busy with himself, school become something Namjoon always looking forward and when Yoongi agreed to be his, that was really unexpected for a 19 years old student like him.

Namjoon’s life has been dark for years and Yoongi paints it by shines, curiosity, tears and love—and more, he can’t describe all of it.

Yoongi is like a sunshine who guides Namjoon to get out of the darkness he has been staying and struggling for years.

His warmth on the way he speaks and on the way he raps his Goddess lyrics makes Namjoon feels alive for the second time.

It’s soothing both of his soul and his sanity.


“What the hell are you doing?!”

Instead of get a hug for the success of the concert, Namjoon received a smack on his hand by a tip-toeing Yoongi right after he met the older man at the backstage. Namjoon reflexively groans in pain, yet Yoongi smacks him again but harder.

Namjoon takes his words back, it is not soothing, at all.

Seosaengnim! Stop! My genius brain will falls out!” Namjoon instinctively protect his precious head by both of his hands but Yoongi still able to smacks even harder. “Argh, seriously! It hurts! Stop!”

Yoongi still looks angry and pulls Namjoon’s ear, venting his anger on the younger male while groans, seems he feels betrayed by the younger male’s action. “You should have told me before you picked them up! Aish, seriously, what are you thinking—”

“It hurts, it hurts! Stop!” Namjoon writhing in pain as he feels his ear began to rip like a paper. “Argh! It’s ripping, it’s ripping, my ear is ripping—”

“Shut up.” Yoongi groans and quickly pulls Namjoon’s ear before he let go of his fingers while the younger male immediately caresses his ears that becomes red and painful it hurts.

“I’d rather get smacked than get my ears pulled!” Yoongi smacks Namjoon’s head without warning, again. “Again?! Seriously?!”

Yoongi stops, slowly calmed down after Namjoon writhing so much that makes the older man feels sorry but his position is still ready to smack the younger male if he needed to. “You asked, though?”

“It was sarcasm!” Namjoon finally grabs Yoongi’s wrist to stop getting abused further than this—dang, it hurts so much. “I’m sorry, okay? I just,” Namjoon let out the sighs he unconsciously has holding for a while; it feels heavy. “I’ve promised you to perform in front of your parents, and your father won’t know you held one if Kim-seosaengnim and I didn’t come there.”

“… so it is true that it was all of my mother’s doing?” Yoongi tries to clarify, but the way Namjoon immediately nods makes everything clear to him. “Did they watch me?”

“Your father is. I don’t know about your mother, though.” Namjoon’s breaths become heavy all of sudden as he leans closer to Yoongi. Ah, his head suddenly hurts and heavy—is it because of Yoongi’s smacks? “I think you should them at your room; they has been waiting for you.”

Yoongi frowns and reflexively place his palm on Namjoon’s forehead—he jolts when his palm brushes against his skin as he exclaims while his pupils dilate, “You’re burning!” The older man immediately checks Namjoon’s temperature by his hands and blinks before twigs that Namjoon’s body is burning high, “Namjoon, your fever—”

“I’m okay—” Namjoon tries to grins in purpose but his body already staggering as he lost his balance and almost fall if Yoongi didn’t hold him. “Just, meet your parents, please—”

“We need to go to the hospital! Your fever already too high!” Yoongi helps Namjoon to walk but the younger male shakes his head, “I know you hardly listen to anyone but please, this time, listen to me, okay?”

“I won’t go.” Namjoon stubbornly let go of Yoongi’s help and tries to walks by himself. “I won’t go until you meet your parents, now.”

“But your condition—”

Namjoon interjects, suddenly annoyed that Yoongi doesn’t understand the situation right now; all he need to do is meet his parents and it’ll done. Nothing else. “Listen, Seosaengnim, it will be meaningless if you don’t meet your parents after what you—what we had done for these weeks. What do you think this plan for? It’s for you to show your determination to your parents, right?” When Yoongi was about to speak, Namjoon hastily cut him, “It’s now or never.”

“But—”

“I’ll go with you. Deal?”

“… okay.”

Namjoon gives a peck on Yoongi’s cheek before hold his hands and lightly nods his head, “Then, let’s meet your parents.”


“So, I’ll say this one more time: I will break ties with the family if you keep interfering with my life choice.”

Yoongi explains everything as he hold Namjoon’s hand for a whole time. Namjoon actually didn’t intend to go together with Yoongi to meet the older man’s parents though—he was planning to watch over him, but his sudden fever forced him to stay.

Fever why did you come at bad timing.

“Then, Yoongi,” Yoongi’s father shifted his seat to a comfortable position before he asks, “Mind to explain your relationship with Kim Namjoon?”

Dang, Namjoon forgot that he just told Yoongi’s mother! “I—” However, Yoongi tighten his grip on Namjoon’s hand as he answers firmly, “We’re in a relationship.”

“As?”

“As lovers, what else?”

The room suddenly falls silent.

Namjoon’s head becomes heavier as the time goes by and because of the sudden silence while his whole body slowly drenched in cold sweats—the side-effects of his fever slowly strikes him. Not now, argh, please— “I was the one who asked him out.”

Yoongi’s mother sighs, however, but she doesn’t show any signs to speak, so does her husband. Namjoon slowly tighten his grip on Yoongi’s hand to distract himself so he won’t passed out soon; he can’t fall now, not until Yoongi finally got an approval. “Does your silence mean a no?” Yoongi hastily turns his head on Namjoon but the latter assures him with a forced smile, “I know two of you must be surprised, but we’re not making things up.”

“We’re…” Yoongi hesitantly adds as he nervously bites his lower lip and eyes averted around, but he still continues, “Our feelings… are mutual.” His parents still fall silent.

And the room becomes suffocating and weighting both his shoulder and his head for Namjoon.

His vision already blurry that he can sees flying stars and distorted face of Yoongi’s parents because the terrible headache he has but he can’t help to wait for their answer—he needs to hear the answer by himself or he won’t go to the hospital as he promised to Yoongi.

He needs to endure for a little bit.

Yoongi’s father finally sighs, “Yoongi.”

The older man startled while reflexively looks up to his father, answering his call, “Y-yes?”

“You sure your feelings are mutual?”

Yoongi firmly nods, “I do.”

His father seems doubting his answer, but he just sighing deeply and says, “Fine, I won’t object it.” Both of them exhales in relief. “And I don’t know if Kim Namjoon has told you this, but I don’t object your life choice.”

Yoongi looks the most surprised in the room that he unconsciously let go of Namjoon’s hand and exclaims while stands up, “T-then who nullified my contract?” He stuttered, but he still being firm as he notices his mother was flinching as he spoke nullified. “… Mom? You were the one?” His mother doesn’t answer, but she averts her gaze away, “B-but why? I’ve done everything you wanted me to do! I even enrolled in a major that I actually don’t want!”

“Yoongi, listen, I—”

Namjoon can’t hear anything after that.

All he can saw are Yoongi’s mother suddenly stands up crying while her husband calming him down and Yoongi rolled a tear through his cheek. Everything he saw was swirling horribly that every single pixels of colors he knew since child getting mixed up to a bad color and then it turns black.

It’s horrible; Namjoon can’t see anything.

Before Yoongi speaks again, a loud thud filled the room with soon the older man calls his name numerous times and goes panic while shakes his body, asking him to wake up as calling Hoseok—or Seokjin, Namjoon can’t hear it clearly—and Yoongi’s father immediately carrying him with Yoongi’s help to get out of the room.

Namjoon passed out.


“Thanks, Doc.”

When Namjoon woke up, all he can see is a room filled by white goods and his father bids farewell to the doctor.

Huh?

Why he is here?

“… where am I?” was the first sentence Namjoon said after he adjusted his gaze several times by blinking so the lights won’t hurt his eyes. His mother seems noticing that he already awake as she rushes to his bed and cupping Namjoon’s face by her hands. Her hands’ so cold. “Mom, why—”

“God, you’re finally awake!” his mother worriedly checking Namjoon from the head to the hips, assures herself that her son is okay. The corner of Namjoon’s lips rising a little, however, as his mother finally hugs him and cried, “I was worried!”

Namjoon chuckles, though, as he returned her hugs and looking around, found Taehyung is about to walk to his bed after he puts his phone down and soon followed by his father, looks relieved that he finally awake and fine by both body and heart. However, his eyes soon spots Yoongi was burying his head on a fluffy pillow on the sofa while his body covered by a blanket, looks deadly exhausted that he seems hardly awake sooner or later.

“How long I was passed out?” He gently pats her mother’s back as he asks his father who ruffles his head, looks as relieved as his mother.

His father tilts his head for a while, trying to remember what date it is while he trying to fishes his phone out of his pocket before Taehyung quickly answers, “Around two days? Dad, today’s December 26th, isn’t?” His father nods and put his phone back. “Oh, right, Min Yoongi-ssi was staying with you when you’re unconscious until Mom and Dad arrived. Looks like he doesn’t get any sleep, though. His eye bags are really horrible; you should see it later.”

Min Yoongi-ssi? Namjoon silently asking Taehyung as he frowns, staring him rather incredulous but his younger brother quickly throws him a wink, signaling that he should get along with his story. His mother slowly let go of her arms, but she looks unwilling to do so that makes Namjoon chuckles and assures that he’s okay already, don’t worry.

“Right, since you’re conscious, I’ll go to call the doctor.” Namjoon’s father taps his wife’s shoulder, asking her to come with him to confirm Namjoon’s condition to the doctor. “Taehyung will accompany you here. You need something?”

“Is it okay to drink Frappe?”

“Sure, we’ll be back.” Both of Namjoon’s parents bids bye to their sons before they closes the door, with soon following relieved sighs from Namjoon and Taehyung’s chortles.

Namjoon still curious why Taehyung called Yoongi by his full name, not as Seosaengnim, so he asks rather stunned, “Why did you call him by Min Yoongi-ssi in front of Dad and Mom?”

“Wouldn’t it be weird to introduce your teacher as your brother’s boyfriend? Try to put yourself in his position; that would be really awkward.” Ah, right, so Taehyung can use his brain too. “Besides, it accidentally slipped from my mouth that he’s your boyfriend so… well, yeah, they didn’t mind though. Luckily he went along with my lies before Mom told him to rest when she saw his eye bags. You really need to see it; it’s really horrible.”

“Excuse me, it’s not that horrible.”

Namjoon startles as he turns his head to where the voice came from and found Yoongi was awake while his head still on the pillow; he looks pissed by the frown and continuous grunts comes out of his mouth yet he looks sleepy. “Had a nice sleep?”

Yoongi grunts, “Do I look like I have any?” Namjoon shakes his head. Taehyung was right; his eye bags are so swollen due lack of sleeps. “Anyway, are you okay?” Now, Namjoon nods; he never feels this fresh before. “Good.”

“You’re worried about me?” Namjoon mischievously grins from ear to ear, teasing Yoongi since the older man never looked that worried about him. “You even haven’t sleep since I was passed out. Aw, how sweet.”

The older man seems baffled as he staring at Namjoon rather incredulously, scowling right after the younger male spoke. Yoongi groans while he pointing his index finger to Namjoon and asks Taehyung, “Yah, is your brother always been like this?”

Taehyung shrugs, “You love him anyway.”

Yoongi startled in surprise as he quickly comments, “That’s unrelated—”

Namjoon pops a thumb to Taehyung, approves his response. “Taehyung-ah, nice!”

Yah! Don’t encourage him!” Yoongi groans, frustrated by the two Kims in front of him before he sighs and grunts, “I stayed up because Kim Taehyung told me that you guys’ parents are away and I waited for them! Aish, seriously!” He seems he wants to get his arse off his spots but he looks dead tired that his body gives up to do so. “If you weren’t sick, I would smacked you already. Geez.”

“I’m sorry, okay?” Namjoon chortles, though, before Taehyung smacks his elbow so he would shut up. “The how was it? Your parents, I mean.”

“It was… tear-jerking, I guess?” Yoongi looks baffled as his facial expression turns sour while he gets up to sit properly on the sofa. He looks too tired to speak but he still continues, “It worked out, I mean, the plan, but I need to stay for one more semester at your school before the contract got renewed.”

Namjoon sighs, relieved that his and Hoseok’s plan worked out. “At least you’re able to return with official comeback, right?” Yoongi nods although Namjoon can tell that the older man clearly annoyed. “… you don’t look so good, though.”

“No, that’s—” Yoongi immediately shakes his head, denying the younger male although his face looks so obvious. “I’m confused how to say thanks to you. I mean, I could do it by words but I can’t thank you enough. You’ve done a lot for me and I can’t just appreciate it by a thanks. It’s not even.”

“Then let me call you Yoongi-ssi?”

Yoongi frowns, “What?”

“I said, let me call you Yoongi-ssi.” Namjoon grins. “Not now, though, I’ll call you that when I’m enrolled this spring, when you’re not my teacher anymore.” He slowly nails his gaze on Yoongi’s thin figure, actually happy that the older man actually said thanks to him; his efforts paid off. “Is that okay?”

“Well, fine.” Yoongi sighs, though—Namjoon doesn’t understand why, but he seems disappointed. “Anything else?”

“Let’s celebrate New Year together?”

Yoongi sighs in defeat. “Sure.” Namjoon grins, however, “Do you still have more?”

Namjoon beams, “Let me make a song for you.” Yoongi blinks, clearly flabbergasted by Namjoon’s request. “That’s all.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

Although Namjoon knew Yoongi seems confused by his request, but he just wipes his worry off by grins and assures that he will, soon, but not now, not until his skill become better than now.

He won’t make it until his skill is better than he used to.

“But seriously,” Yoongi’s corner lips rises, forming a sweet smile as his turns his gaze on Namjoon. “Thank you—thank you for everything.”

Namjoon smiles while he mouthed “Anytime.” which makes Taehyung nudges his sides and teases the room feels humid by jokingly fanning him by his hand.

Not long after they spent the time talking, Namjoon’s parents enter with Frappes on their hands while Taehyung excitedly approaches them, handily takes the Frappes and shares them one by one. At first, Yoongi seems awkward when Namjoon’s mother approached him and trying to have a conversation while gives him a hot chocolate—Namjoon thinks his mother worried about Yoongi’s heavy eye bags, but the more they talk, Yoongi become more excited and stifling laughs could be heard from him while Namjoon’s mother seems happy that he responds her well.

Somehow it makes Namjoon happy that his family welcoming Yoongi well.

It actually that he got fever on bad timing, but he’s glad that Yoongi finally able to return to his desirable career and glad that his plan went well by Hoseok and Seokjin’s help—and his ex-crews too. He sighs, however, when he remembered that Yoongi’s mother still has some resentment on him, but he can work something out about it later.

He can work it out somehow—no, they can, and they will.

Anything will be fine as long as they keep up their pace as they should be; arguments allowed, bickering allowed, but in condition the problems they may face in the future should be ended well.

No more running away; because they can work it out together.

All they need is trusts and lean on while watch each other’s back; making sure that everything's safe to walk on.

That’s all matters.


done.

it's done.

this fanfic is done!! whooaaaa!!! finally!!! /shouts of joy/

thanks to subscriber, the user who commented, and silent readers who following this fanfiction until now.  i appreciate your support! thanks a bunch! :""
i'm not good at words so, well, see you at my next project! :D

done: September 15th, 2015