part 2

Work It Out

The day after yesterday is Namjoon’s last day as Yoongi’s helper.

There’s nothing much the students do at school since they’ll given days off start tomorrow for incoming college entrance exams and has free lessons today; some of them actually study in the library while the rest are nowhere to be found, either already screw the exams or resting in class and study at home instead.

Namjoon is neither of it.

He immediately dashes to the infirmary with Hoseok following behind him; he is planning to tell the plan they made yesterday to Yoongi. It just a plan, but Namjoon wants to make sure the older man would be willingly listen to it and willingly to take part of their plan for his own sake.

Although they can’t guarantee its success, but Namjoon sure it worth to try.

The door slides lightly and Namjoon found Yoongi was unpacking, in the middle of taking something out of his bag. At first Yoongi frowning of his entrance, but he immediately about to laugh when he saw Hoseok catches Namjoon up behind him, all panting and scowl didn’t I tell you to wait dammit.

Yoongi seems hasn’t forget Hoseok’s event at all.

“Why are you here?” Yoongi finally asks after Namjoon put his index finger to his own lips when the older man was about to laugh. “I don’t remember I asked you to come here this early, though.”

“We has no classes today since the day after tomorrow is the college entrance exam.” Namjoon’s eyes focusing on Yoongi’s hands who placing a large box on his desk before unconsciously smells something. “And I—I mean, we have something to tell you.”

Yoongi frowns, “What is it?”

Hoseok barges in the infirmary before put his arm around Namjoon and smiles, “Are you interested on our plan to return you to your stage?”

The older man seems confused, "You mean, go to Hongdae and stand on the stage with staff's permission? Just standing?"

"With you performance." Namjoon adds.

Namjoon expects Yoongi to be in awe but he instead frowns before shakes his head, clearly refuse to hear the rest of the plan. "Don't be ridiculous; you guys knew I can't."

"We can work something out!" Hoseok insists. “Or we believe it would change your father's mind!”

Yoongi's stares somehow hurts to face for both Hoseok and him. “What do you guys know? You guys' still kids, don't be so naive.”

“You won't know until you lend ears to us.”

“Like I said—”

Seosaengnim.” Namjoon interjects before Yoongi's pessimistic attitude went further. “Please hear us, then you can mock it however you want if you don't agree.” When Yoongi about to snaps, Namjoon speaks up, “And you promised me that you'll tell the reason, remember?”

Yoongi looks he loss at words before he finally sighs in defeat and scratches his spiked hair, annoyed yet he can't deny that he promised he will tell Namjoon about his reason why he took hiatus on his rapper as the rapper.

Namjoon has right to know since today is his last day as Yoongi's helper and he promised.

“Do you guys like homemade kimbab?”


Namjoon's and Hoseok's plan is to hold an independent charity event with Yoongi as one of the performers and both of the guys as the planning organizer.

It sounds impossible at first when Yoongi stares them incredulously while his mouth full of kimbab, but when Namjoon told him that Hoseok's father is a well-known press while his mother is designer and he has connections with live house staffs at Hongdae, the older man's eyes dilated in surprise.

“Then what did you do, Kim Namjoon?” Yoongi asks rather interrogating.

“I have friends who works as underground rapper?” It sounds like a question than answers to all of them. “I mean, I can ask them to take parts on this event and I believe they're more than willing to have a stage with you.”

“Such as?”

“Do you know Supreme Boi or i11evn?” Namjoon’s corner lips slightly rises upward when Yoongi’s eyes lightly dilated in surprise. “I think you know them.”

“How do you know them—“

But before Yoongi finishes asking Namjoon, Hoseok interjects, “Then, Seosaengnim, are you willing to join our plan?”

Yoongi’s lips immediately shuts tight with his head still propped by his right hand on the table, but he immediately asks, “What about you guys’ college entrance exams though?”

“We can do it after you’re fully healed, so I don’t think that would disturb our college entrance exams at all.” Hoseok’s stares asking for explanation, but Namjoon ignores him. “So, what do you think?”

“Then you mean I show my rebellion with hold an event without my management’s permission and make things big that makes a lot of media will come and reviews it so my father will take notice of it?” Yoongi slaps Namjoon’s hand whose about to steal a kimbab from his lunchbox while Hoseok enthusiastically nods. “I really appreciate you guys’ efforts, but I can’t.”

Hoseok exclaims in surprise, “Why?”

“We’ll have this talk again after you guys take the test, okay? I don’t want to disturb your studies.” Yoongi finally let Namjoon to take the kimbab after the younger male politely asked some. “You okay with that?”

Hoseok cogitates at first, somehow hesitant they won’t make the time. “I’m afraid you can’t return to your career anymore if we pushed the date, though.” He does has point here, Namjoon thought. “But well, if you insist, we’ll try something out so the plan would be a success. Right, Namjoonie?” Namjoon nods in approval. “I’ll return to the class, is that okay with you?”

Namjoon pull his fist to Hoseok while assures him with a “Sure.” before the older male grins while bump their fists together and leave the infirmary.

It’s only Yoongi and Namjoon who left in the infirmary.

“He’s a good friend.” Yoongi finally speaks after they spent a couple of minutes in silence.

Namjoon smiles a little bit, silently agree with Yoongi—Hoseok indeed a good friend although sometimes he is a big jerk.

“Anyway,” Yoongi scoots closer to Namjoon to see if Hoseok already disappeared in sight. “Since today’s your last day of helping me, do you mind to go home a bit late?”

The younger male tilts his head a little, giving responds that he clearly confused, “Why?”

“”I promised I’ll tell the reason, right?” His eyelids curved upward like a crescent moon with a soft smile painted on Yoongi’s face while he continues with his right hand ruffles Namjoon’s hair, “We won’t spend times like this anymore after all.”

Ah.

Namjoon forgot.

He forgot that he couldn’t see Yoongi anymore after he graduated.


“Say, have you ever thought about breaking free from your monotone life?”

Yoongi finally speaks up after they spent the evening on shopping at convenience store nearby and having feast in the infirmary just both of them, stuffed themselves with triangle-shaped kimbabs, snacks, and coffees which actually, it looks pitiful for them.

It makes them look like having a broken heart after party (although Namjoon confessed, his heart did broke a little while he didn’t even know why).

A quick nod came from Namjoon while his mouth still full of his last piece of kimbabs.

“You see, when I was a kid, I used to be a role model around my father’s colleagues’ sons.” Yoongi takes a sip of his coffee can while immensely stares on the outside of the window. “I obeyed all of my father’s requests without any complaint, not even once, and everyone said I’m a kind of sons that everyone wants.”

Namjoon incredulously stares at Yoongi with his lips formed a thin line, somehow doubting what Yoongi was saying earlier.

“Dude, I’m telling you the truth.”

Namjoon almost choked by his coffee. “I-I know.”

“From what I remembered, my life’s turning point was when I listened a hip hop song for the first time on my junior high school life.” Yoongi’s face softened, somehow has forgotten Namjoon’s doubting stares earlier. “Although it was my last year, I become a rebel and learn everything about hip hop and gambled my luck as underground rapper which it was alright, I guess.”

Namjoon silently listening while his mouth is stuffed with pockys now.

Yoongi takes some of the pockys but doesn’t directly put it on his mouth—he gave it to Namjoon instead. “My grades wasn’t bad, my relationships with others are great, and my parents didn’t know either—I think I spent that kind of lifestyle almost for three years?—but they found out and scolded me real bad and said that being a rapper is just simply ridiculous.”

“Were you stopping then?” Namjoon curiously asks.

He nods. “I did, but it because my parents finally agreed on my conditions; first, I’m willing to finish my study excellently and surely entered Y University but they have to allow me continue my life as an underground rapper. Next, I promised I will get my doctor license in four years, but they have to allow me to have career as a rapper.”

Namjoon dryly laughs, “That must be difficult.”

Yoongi ignores him and still telling the consequences, “And the last, whatever happens on the time being, don’t interfere or I’ll cut ties with the family.” He slumps his head on Namjoon’s shoulder and continues, “But you know, getting my license in four years was really a pain.”

“Why?”

“Unlike you, I graduated when I was 18 years old since I accelerated my studies in my middle high school.” Yoongi let off a long sigh. “And to keep up my studies and my rapper career altogether in one go is nearly impossible that I got stressed a lot because of that. I’ve tried to commit suicide several times either—I know cutting my life won’t change anything, but sometimes I just want to run away off this life.”

Namjoon’s hand lands on Yoongi’s shoulder and just stays there, neither comforting or pats the older man but he doesn’t seem to mind.

Yoongi takes a deep sigh, though, but he still continues, “But fortunately Seokjin-hyung came to rescue with helped me through all of those s until now, that was why I managed to fulfilled my father’s wish to get the license.” Namjoon raises his hand. “What is it?”

“Then how did you get that injury?” Namjoon asks although he already knew the causes from Seokjin, he still feel curious with Yoongi’s version of the story.

He gently hold his bandaged left arm with his right hand before answers, “Well, I think it’s because my foolishness.” Yoongi smiles bitterly before continues, “I came to say I would cut ties with my family because they keep interfering my rapper career, but when I planned to go home—Seokjin-hyung’s house, some of my father’s people tried to hold me back. I fought them back, of course, but one of them suddenly pushed me too hard that I fell in a wrong position. Fortunately it’s not my right arm, though.”

“Why do you want to cut ties with your family, though?”

Yoongi scowls, “They couldn’t understand me even when I obeyed everything they said. Being a son of a professor doesn’t mean the child should follow the path; he should be allowed to choose his life as he wanted, the parents should be guiding, not forcing. What am I, their social machine so they can proudly say ‘my son already got his license in four years that he can follow my path sooner or later’? Yeah, right, like the hell I will.” He deeply sighs, neither relieved nor relaxed, but vexed. “It’s frustrating actually, but I have no other choices.”

Namjoon mouthed ‘Is that so.’ before he fixes his gaze on Yoongi, somehow feels sorry for what happened to him although he knew the older man doesn’t need that. He knew he is still a high school student for now, but somehow he wants to stand equal to Yoongi.

He strangely has need of Yoongi to recognize him not as one of the students he is acquaintance with.

Yoongi fell silent after that, busying himself with stargazing from the infirmary’s window while Namjoon cleans up the rubbish to the trash can. They don’t really share words after that, only sitting side by side while eyes fixed on the night sky.

It strangely feels soothing and makes him reluctant to leave.

His gaze turns on Yoongi’s right hand while unconsciously reaches it with his left hand, which makes the older man startled and turn his gaze to him, silently questioning his action but no words came out of his mouth—usually he would immediately pulls his hand and snaps that Namjoon already out of his mind, but tonight he isn’t reacting.

He lets Namjoon to hold his fingers.

Seosaengnim.”

Yoongi frowns, “What is it?”

“Can I call you hyung?”

He quickly shakes his head, disapproving the idea. “No, you’re still my student—although I didn’t teach you in class.”

“I’m gonna graduate soon, though?” Namjoon scoots closer to Yoongi while his stares softens.

“Doesn’t mean you can.” Yoongi doesn’t budge an inch.

Namjoon rolls his eyes before lowly groans fine but he still speaks anyway, “Then can you please call me Namjoon and not my full name?”

Yoongi frowns, “Why?”

“Just because.” Namjoon buries his head on his crossed arm on the table while his gazes already locked on Yoongi. He can’t take his eyes off him, not when Yoongi strangely looks stunning under the showered light of tonight’s crescent moon. “Yeah, just because.”

The older man’s frown stay still, but his lips start moves to forms a word Namjoon wants to hear. “You mean, Namjoon? Just Namjoon?” Namjoon nods. “Okay, I can do that much—oh! Right, I owe you my mixtapes, aren’t I? Wait here, I’ll take it for you.” Yoongi get off his chair and let go of Namjoon’s hand before he walks off to his desk, leaving Namjoon’s hand hanging and empty.

Somehow it infuriating Namjoon a bit.

Seosaengnim.” Namjoon tries to call Yoongi who back-facing him—he is looking for the mixtapes in his bag. “Min-seosaengnim?”

Yoongi turns his back with three mixtapes on his right hands and hands it to Namjoon before he replies with a grunt, “What is it? You awfully calling me a lot today.”

“I like you.”

Yoongi almost dropped the mixtapes if Namjoon didn’t immediately save it with quickly catch it.

Namjoon didn’t mean to say it too soon, but he can’t back off anymore; what he was saying earlier isn’t a lie. He probably unconsciously has feelings for him since he became conscious on everything Yoongi did, every time he moves, every syllables that has rolled off his tongue, and every gestures that fascinates Namjoon more and more.

Or maybe he thought his only chance is now, right in this moment.

“You?” Yoongi points his index finger to Namjoon then to himself. “Me?” Namjoon nods. “You mean that kind of like?” Namjoon nods again. “Why?”

Why?

He doesn’t know either.

Namjoon just stares but he speaks up rather bitterly, “Is that a no?”

“…wait, seriously?” Yoongi blinks while he leans closer to Namjoon, with a frown formed on his forehead. “Even though I’m a man?”

Instead answering Yoongi’s question, Namjoon’s hand reaches the man’s chin and asks, “Do I look like a person who likes to joke around?”

Yoongi doesn’t answer.

Namjoon smiles, though, while put his hand away and apologizes, “Sorry, I must be weird you out, right?” His lips curved upward when Yoongi return his gaze on him. “Let’s call it a day then.”

“Namjoon—”

He still smiles when he stuffing his bag with the signed mixtapes Yoongi gave him earlier and stands up, get ready to go home. “If it bother you so much, then pretend I never said anything.” Yoongi falls silent. “Thank you for the mixtapes and your company for these weeks. I’ll leaving now.”

Yoongi seems loss at words for a while, but he manages to reply Namjoon although his face looks troubled. “…be careful on your way home.”

Right, Yoongi’s an adult after all, unlike Namjoon who is still in his status as a high school student.

His heart hurts too much to handle this overflowing feels he unconsciously piled up.

Seosaengnim too; get well soon.”

“Thank you—thanks for all of your help these weeks too.”

I should be the one who thanking you.

Namjoon’s smiles still plastered on his face when he is already outside of the infirmary, unable to make it disappear when Yoongi is still in his sight.

He has feelings that he can’t lost it now.

“You’re welcome.”

He just have to pour all of the pains at his room later.


Hoseok comes to Namjoon’s house on the next day to study together in his room, with his hands occupied by bags of the younger male’s favorite food, kalguksu, but he seems he can’t eat anything right now.

Instead of studying, he spent his night crawling under his blanket and listening to Yoongi’s mixtapes until he fell asleep, trying to get the pain on his chest disappear but no avail.

It still hurts too much.

“You’re not eating?”

Namjoon shakes his head, “Later, I guess.” before he return to scribble on his notes, studying the material he has prepared to face the college entrance exam tomorrow. “I have no appetite since last night.”

Hoseok gives Namjoon a look, stares rather incredulously and asks him again, “You, who always eat mountains like your brother, has no appetite?”

“Whoa man, that was really rude.” Namjoon scathing retorts but he doesn’t look up to stares Hoseok back. “I don’t usually eat that much.”

“Really? Should I reminding you about the time you ate a large-serving pizza by yourself two days ago?” Hoseok scowls while his index finger pointed at Namjoon. “Dang, you really emptied my month’s allowance.”

“You treated me; I have to make a good use of it, right?”

“You rascal.”

They just laughs.

Hoseok busying himself with the predicted questions of the exam while Namjoon stopped his pen and slump his head on the table afterward, seems he has given up distracting himself of the pain of Yoongi’s reaction yesterday.

It still fresh on his mind and to be honest, he regretting himself of confessed to Yoongi since he knew it would make their relationship worse.

He never knew the pain of rejection would be this hurts.

“Hoseok.” Namjoon calls the older male who has been chanting physic formulas for a while.

Hoseok hastily answers, “Don’t talk to me; the formulas will be falls out.”

So Namjoon did.

Namjoon slumps his head on the table and busying himself with writing sentences that pops on his mind—either it’s about biology or lesson or even random stuffs—on the last page of his notebook, waiting Hoseok for finish memorizing the formulas. The first word he wrote is meiosis, which next he wrote RNA, and continuously write keywords in biology until finally he unconsciously wrote hurts in the middle section of the paper.

Return.

GLOSS.

I want to return him to his loved career.

Rapper.

Although he has rejected me.

A dashing rapper.

His raps enchanted me.

aaahㅠ ㅠ

We won’t be able to meet anymore when I’m graduated.

Selfish.

What to do ㅠ ㅠ

“What are you doing?”

Namjoon looks up and found Hoseok was frowning at him rather incredulously, judging his moping like he never did it before—which is yes, he never does.

“I’m moping around.” Namjoon huffs.

Hoseok scowls while he pointed his index finger to Namjoon’s notebook, “The Kim Namjoon I knew wouldn’t have time to mope before an important exam like this.”

He’s right, but still, even Namjoon has to explain, he doesn’t even know how to sum all of the words that jumbled on his brain and split it out normally that Hoseok’s brain could proceed—it’s kind of confusing to verbalize his mind to Hoseok right now.

“But I had my heart broken, what to do then?”

“Move on, then.” Hoseok tersely replies.

Namjoon sighs, “I just got rejected yesterday.”

“Who did you confess to? Yura on the next class—the one that being rumored because she likes you?”

“Min-seosaengnim.”

The table shaken by Hoseok’s sudden movement—surprised, anger, agape?—while he flabbergasted by his words before. “You mean, you confessed to Gloss in that way?”

Namjoon grumbles, “What’s with your reaction? I even haven’t kissed him yet!”

“That would be even worse!” Hoseok hastily snaps. “Yah, are you out of your mind? Gloss is still our teacher! He’s even a—”

“A he, I know, but I like him and I confessed and I got rejected.” Namjoon’s mood begins to be a bit blue when he remembered last night’s event. “I don’t think it’s wrong to like him, even in a special way.

“It’s not—” Hoseok finally calms down when he looks at Namjoon’s eyes and begins to feel sorry. “—it’s not, but still, it’s shocking. Yeah, it’s shocking for me, that’s what I mean.” He is back to his seat, a bit embarrassed by his action before. “But Namjoon-ah, it would be difficult to execute our plan if your relationship with Gloss become like this, though.”

“Aah, you’re right! I forgot!” Namjoon exclaims in sudden realization. “But last night he looked so dashing that I can’t restrained myself to confess—" Hoseok’s judging stare feels hurt for Namjoon. “But it’s okay, I got rejected already, so maybe he wouldn’t think of it too much.”

“You sure you can handle it?” Hoseok asks, rather doubting.

Namjoon smiles, though, although he somehow hurts by his own words. “I just need to be a man that he can accept unconditionally—okay maybe that was too delusional, I mean a man who he can proud of.”

“If you want him to be proud of you, pass this college entrance exam first.” Hoseok rolls his eyes before he returns to busied himself with the trials.

Namjoon smugly smiles, “I’m sure I’ll do well; you should be the one who worry about yourself.”

“Damn you and your genius brain.”

That was the first earnest laugh Namjoon made since yesterday.


Both of Namjoon and Hoseok are enrolling to a same university which well-known with its easiness of getting jobs after graduated and they are aiming for the Music department.

At first, Namjoon’s parents wouldn’t allow him to enroll the Music department since they said it would be hard to get a job, but when he said that professional musician and composer cost a ton of bucks each performances and songs and even shows the proof with gave them the list of incomes, they finally gave up and let him to.

You can’t live in this world if you only lean on talent; you should know how to survive either.

For Hoseok’s case, he already intend for the beginning to enroll the Music department since he said it will be fun to learn all kinds of music so he can apply to his dance moves—sometimes Namjoon envious of his flexible body, but not his naughtiness—and also it means he can be in a same university as his sister so it would be more convenient.

It cost less money to buy the material book, Hoseok said.

Namjoon has plans for his future; either become a rapper, a composer, or both in a popular entertainment in South Korea. He ever become an underground rapper for two years before he stopped and focused on his study—nobody knew this except Taehyung and he kept the secret well.

The first time he ever met Gloss when he was still an underground rapper like him before he decided to quit. Maybe Gloss doesn’t know about his underground rapper life since Namjoon stopped on his second year of high school, but they has bumped to each other several times without the older man knowing.

That was why he become a fan of Gloss right after he quit because he keeps his style although he became a well-known rapper, for Namjoon at least.

Hoseok doesn’t know a thing about it and Namjoon doesn’t have plan to tell him; it’s already in the past anyway.

Namjoon was in the middle of preparing the things he would need in the college entrance exam today when his phone lightly buzzed on his table, asking his attention to open the incoming message. Right after he put his test admission pass on his bag, he quickly snatches his phone and tap the screen, opening the message.

It’s from an unknown number.

From: xxx-xxxx-xxx
is this kim namjoon’s number?

Namjoon frowns but he replies the message anyway.

To: xxx-xxxx-xxx
I’m sorry, but who is this?

From: xxx-xxxx-xxx
namjoon-ah, good luck for your exam.
I’m waiting for your good result in the infirmary.

The infirmary?

No way ….

To: xxx-xxxx-xxx
...min-seosaengnim?

From: xxx-xxxx-xxx
HOW DID YOU KNOW IT WAS ME?!

To: xxx-xxxx-xxx
...it was obvious.
how did you get my number? I don’t remember I ever tell you mine.

He saved Yoongi’s number right after he sent the message.

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
put that aside, good luck, okay?
It’s important for your future after all.

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
...thank you.

The corner of his lips raises after he sent the message, a bit relieved that Yoongi isn’t completely rejected him as nothing and still care about his existence after all.

Yeah.

Namjoon think it’s the best to focus his college entrance exam instead of worrying about Yoongi’s rejection, so he can face Yoongi with something he can proud of.

A man that Yoongi can proud of.

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
you’re welcome!


Namjoon and Hoseok need to wait for two weeks for the test result.

They don’t have to come to school anymore, but Namjoon still come to take care of his school administration. He tried to ignore the infirmary, though, since he promised himself he won’t meet Yoongi until he got accepted, but he can’t help to not peek through the window to see him.

He still looks dashing as always.

Namjoon only came to school for three days after he took his exam; for the rest of the two weeks, he spent it for planning the charity event—and Yoongi’s comeback—with Hoseok. Sometimes they clashes opinons—Hoseok prefers goofy concept while Namjoon thought go with wild concept since it will suit Yoongi better—but luckily, Taehyung become their meditator that advices they should go with concept that Yoongi used to use.

So they went with rebellion concept instead.

They have asked Seokjin’s permission and he earnestly agreed and even volunteer to help. Seokjin told them that although he isn’t really a fan of hip hop, Yoongi’s raps would be a waste if he can’t show it to the world.

Yoongi’s raps surprisingly eases someone’s ego, said Seokjin.

Namjoon shares the plan to Yoongi through messages since he isn’t ready to hear his voice yet—the pain of rejection is not kidding—and the older man replies just fine. I’ll use the new song, so they won’t regret it when they came, Yoongi said. You too, would be really surprised. He added.

Somehow it makes Namjoon feels excited and he can’t wait to hear Yoongi’s new songs.

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
I’m sure everyone will love it.

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
do you?

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
...? ofc I will!
it’s your songs after all!

Yoongi replied his message on the next morning with excuses sorry, I fell asleep.

After Namjoon and Hoseok planned the concert for ten days, they finally able to reserve a live house in Hongdae at December 24 which is three weeks from now—Seokjin was the one who asked the date; he said it’ll be one stone kills two birds since it would be full of singles who fumes over couples (it will be Christmas Eve after all).

It seems like Seokjin has grudges against couples, though.

“Right, what about the budget?” Hoseok anxiously asks, seems like he realizes that high school student’s pocket won’t be enough to held a concert, not even half of it.

Namjoon grins, “Leave it to Kim-seosaengnim; he will look for sponsors.” Which is really, the older man is really good on getting bunch of sponsors.

The only thing that left are his test result and the preparation of the concert.

If he got accepted with a great result, he will confess to Yoongi again.

And he won’t run away until he got Yoongi’s answer.


To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
can you come to university I enrolled to see my result?

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
to see you fail? no thanks.

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
you meanie! I’m not that bad!

Namjoon hastily turn off his phone after he replied Yoongi’s message, a bit annoyed that the older man doesn’t seem to believe he would passed the test. Hoseok comes frowning, though, while his face silently asks what is wrong with him.

Ah, one-sided love sure is hurts.

“Is your number there?” Namjoon sighs while put his phone back to his pocket, still upset by Yoongi’s message.

Hoseok happily nods, “Yeah. Barely, though.” He shows Namjoon the result with a picture he took by his phone. “See?”

“Congrats.” Namjoon proudly pats Hoseok’s back.

“You too.” Hoseok messing Namjoon’s hair, rather feel annoyed yet his face looks so happy. “Hell, you even in a top ten! What kind of material did your parents use to make your brain, huh?”

Namjoon grins, “You want to know? That’s what people called by loving unconditionally, dude.” Hoseok rolls his eyes in feign disgust. “Do you have something to do after this?”

Hoseok let go his arm off Namjoon while nods, “Yeah, I need to go for dance practice after this. What about you?”

“I’m gonna go to school.” Namjoon sighs, strangely feels difficult to breathe when he remembered his plan.

“What for?” Hoseok frowns, doesn’t expect that Namjoon’s answer would be like that.

“You see, I asked Min-seosaengnim if he could come to see my test result and he was like doesn’t want to see me fail and wail at him. It’s upsetting, isn’t it?” Namjoon still feels offended by Yoongi’s reply. “So I want to show him that I even able to enter the top ten; to prove that he is wrong.”

Hoseok gives him a look, rather judging. “You sure likes to hold grudges, don’t you?”

Namjoon doesn’t really deny it.

After he says goodbye to Hoseok, he immediately walks to the bus station to wait. He is sighing before finally sits on the available chair, still feels upset that Yoongi would replied that way—it’s kind of offending Namjoon, though, since he really worked hard for this test.

Argh.

Bored, Namjoon fishes his phone out of his pocket to check if there any new messages came since he put it on silent mode. There are three messages that came; one from Taehyung, one from his mother, one from Yoongi….

Namjoon’s eyes dilate in surprise.

He immediately taps the screen to open Yoongi’s message, suddenly forgot that he is upset because of him a while ago. Namjoon actually curious what Yoongi’s response will be, though, since he is actually a nice person although his tongue is quite harsh.

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
if you don’t then come here.

Namjoon smiles.

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
already on my way, though?

From: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
prepare yourself then.

‘Prepare yourself…?’ Namjoon frowns.

To: Min Yoongi-seosaengnim
...? okay?

What about it, though?


Namjoon arrived at his school after he rode the bus for thirty minutes and he immediately walks to the infirmary. He doesn’t expect Yoongi would be all happy and hugs him or whatever after Namjoon told him the result since he isn’t that kind of person, but he thinks he deserves some appreciation.

Even if Yoongi only says ‘good job’, that would be a big present for Namjoon.

It’s still on the 4th period when Namjoon arrived in front of the infirmary, suddenly getting nervous because it’s been almost two weeks since the last time he met Yoongi. Will the rejection bugging the older male? , Namjoon contemplates, but his gut says he should open the door and he did open it.

Yoongi is on his desk while his hands occupied with his favorite mug, with smells of coffee hits Namjoon right after he slides the door.

"Seosaengnim."

He looks up and his eyes seem surpised—but he smiles to greet Namjoon, rather bright. "Hey."

Namjoon can't help but walks heads Yoongi, while his heart can't keep his feelings anymore after he saw him. He wants to hug him; he wants to say how much he missed Yoongi; he wants to hold his hands to feels Yoongi's warmth; he wants to repeat his confession all over again so Yoongi would know how much he loves him that it hurts to not have the older man his.

It hurts yet he feels unbelievably happy that Yoongi still greets him like usual.

"I passed."

His smiles widens, "You do?"

Namjoon nods.

"Congratulation."

Namjoon finally stops in front of Yoongi and smiles, "See? I didn't fail, right?"

Yoongi propped his chin with his already-healed left arm while he stares at Namjoon, with his smiles strangely never leaves on his face. "Do you want a prize?"

"Do you really have any, though?" Namjoon frowns, somehow doubting him.

"How rude."

"Sorry."

Yoongi still smiles, though, while his right hand waves, asks Namjoon to slouches a bit. "Close your eyes."

So Namjoon did.

He patiently waiting for Yoongi for around ten seconds before he feels Yoongi's warmthness seeps on his cheek and he shuts his eyes tight, a bit afraid that maybe Yoongi pulled a prank on him again.

But he didn't expect his lips to be touched with something moist and warm.

Namjoon immediately pull himself back in surprise while Yoongi immediately return to his desk, rather looks unfazed by his reaction. He abruptly touch his lips, didn't expect Yoongi would do that as his prize—hell, he would never expect it, he got rejected already.

So why?

"S-Seosaengnim?" Namjoon exclaims.

Yoongi beams, though, "You didn't expect that, right?"

"Of course I didn't! Who wouldn't—“

"You like me, right?"

Namjoon cringes rather bitter, "Well... I do, though, but why?"

Yoongi's eyes soften before he reaches Namjoon's hand and speaks, "Well, I think I am too."

Namjoon blinks, "In the same way as I am?"

"You think I'm a person who would kiss anyone?"

Nope, I dont, but... "But I thought you have rejected me!"

It's Yoongi's turn who cringes. "I, well, I have my own reason too." He asks Namjoon to sit down while he is still holding the younger male's hands. "I want to ask you, so please anwer honestly."

Namjoon obediently sit down while he tighten his grasp on his fingers, hold Yoongi's hand tighter.

“Although I said that we’re both men, do you still gonna have feelings for me?”

Namjoon sighs, "You're asking that after you kissed me? Seriously?"

Yoongi bites his lips. "I just want to make sure."

"Fyi, I was really sorrowful after you rejected me that I listened all of the mixtapes you gave me while cried until I fell asleep." Namjoon knew it's embarrassing, but he wants to assure to Yoongi than his feelings is real. "I even attempted to get in top ten on the test although I still has my heart broken to prove to you that I can be a man you can proud of. Do you still doubting me?"

"You sobbed while you listened to my songs?" Yoongi is about to chortles.

Namjoon holds his embarrassment but he answers anyway, "Laugh all you want; but I really did."

"B-but it was my first time to hear a person who would sobbed with hip hop songs!"

Namjoon's face burns in embarrassment, but he can't object Yoongi since well, it's uncommon to being sorrowful with hip hop tracks as background. It rather contradict, he know, but he can't help it.

Back then Yoongi's voice sounded comforting.

"Put that aside," Namjoon tries to don't look embarrassed anymore and asks, "Yes, you kissed me, but is that all?"

Yoongi stops laughing, though, before he frowns, "You want something else?"

"Can we be a thing?"

The older man blinks, "You mean, dating?" Namjoon nods. "Don't you think I'm too old for you?"

"Is that another rejection?" Namjoon's chest somehow hurts.

Yoongi chortles, though. "That's not it, dummy. If you're okay with an old man like me then okay, of course I will."

Instead of answering Yoongi, Namjoon scoots closer to him while his free hand reaches the older man's jaw and says, "We can work something out about it."

"Are you going to kiss me?" Instead of getting embarrassed, Yoongi smirks and shortens their gap that makes their forehead bumps.

"I can't?" Namjoon pouts.

"What if I said you can't?"

"I'll still gonna kiss you anyway."

"Rude."

Namjoon shuts Yoongi with a kiss instead and the older man doesn’t even trying to resist.


one more part to go! good luck, me! /spiriting myself/