part 1

Work It Out

/ “Although I said that we’re both men, do you still gonna have feelings for me?” /


“You’ve heard the news?”

Hoseok suddenly approaches Namjoon’s front seat and tries to get the younger male’s attention with waves his hand in front of his face endlessly, both excited and hyped.

Namjoon frowns before take his eyes off his book and stares Hoseok in confusion. “What news?”

“We got a new teacher!” Hoseok finally sent the news off excitedly.

He blinks and unplugs one of his earphones before speaks, “So?” He deep-stares Hoseok rather in nonchalance. “Dude, what’s so great about—”

“Guys! The teacher’s already on the way!” one of the students suddenly shouts when he barged into the class, which makes the class noisier because they abruptly take their seat, leaves their business—or their unnecessary business—undone.

“—a new teacher,” Namjoon finally closes his book and sighs. “Whatever, sit properly.”

Hoseok pouts and murmurs you’re not so fun before sits properly as told in front of Namjoon’s desk—it’s his desk—while Namjoon hides his book and his mp3 player on his drawer, ready to face the monotone days of students as it must be.

Well, he can’t take this easy either since he’s already in his last grade on the high school.


The school has ended and Namjoon already has a plan to spend his noon with himself on the rapper’s live concert in Hongdae, one of his favorite places to go when he has free time (and when he doesn’t feel like visit his supplementary classes).

He has waiting for this day because today’s one of his favorite rappers’ concert whose stage name is Gloss will perform this noon (and he has booked two tickets since two months ago because this rapper’s ticket concerts are always sold out if you’re not lucky enough—he literally as popular as idols although he is a rapper).

“You sure that today’s the day, Hyung?” His brother yawns sleepily but Namjoon shakes it off with closes the younger male’s mouth with his hand. “It better will be a great concert or I’ll tell mom that you’ve skipped your supplementary class several times before.”

Namjoon snorts. “They won’t believe you.”

“Touché.” His brother sighs before he looks around and suddenly frowns. “Hyung, isn’t that—”

He blinks but his eyes following where his brother’s eyes went before grown wider and beams, “That’s Gloss! Taehyung-ah, that’s Gloss!”

“—our new… what? That’s Gloss?” Taehyung following to exclaim but his frowns grow deeper. “Are you serious?”

Deadly.” Namjoon nods enthusiastically before drags Taehyung’s body to venue. “It’ll start soon, hurry!”

But the confusion doesn’t going to leave Taehyung’s face really soon.


From:  Jung Hoseok
yah! how dare you to not asked me to Gloss’s concert yesterday! i want to come too!
and whut i think taehyung doesn’t like hip hop but you asked him instead of me? how could you do this to me!

To: Jung Hoseok
yah, he’s my brother, of course I went with him!
stop being so sissy! you were the one who said you couldn’t come so you deserve it!

Hoseok replies his message but Namjoon chooses to ignore it and back to his nap in infirmary, resting his body whose exhausted because he was so tired of yesterday’s concert—although Taehyung had warned him to not waste himself too much, he still ended up tired today.

He sighs before put his phone on bedside table and buries himself on blanket, ignores his phone that keep buzzing noisily (he already knew that Hoseok was the one behind it) and tries to get back to his sleep.

Namjoon could hear the curtain draws and light noises slowly comes to his direction but he just keep his eyes shut—and although he begins to feels something cold yet comforting on his forehead, he keep shuts his eyes and thinking maybe it just the usual infirmary teacher.

“You got cold?”

He nods without open his eyes.

The infirmary teacher hums and checks his temperature on his neck with two fingers before put his hands again on his forehead. “Have you take medicine yet?”

Namjoon coughs but his eyes still shut before shakes his head and answers, “No, I haven’t—” Wait, I think I ever heard this voice somewhere

“I’ll be back.” The infirmary teacher pull his hand back and walks towards the medicine kit while Namjoon frowns, slowly recognizes his teacher’s voice who foreign yet familiar in his ears.

He slowly opens his eyes and squints to adjust the light before he catches the back figure of the infirmary teacher who searching for the medicine—but soon he frowns because the infirmary teacher he knew wasn’t this small compared the usual.

Is he the new teacher that Hoseok bragged yesterday?

The infirmary teacher turns his back and fixes his glasses before heading back to Namjoon’s bed with medicines and a mug of water on his hands. He frowns before speaks, “Oh, you’re up?” Namjoon nods and sits on his bed. The teacher follows after and hands the medicines and the mug to Namjoon. “Here, take some of this before you go sleep again.”

“Thank you, Sir—“

“Right, wait,” the infirmary teacher pulls his hand in front of Namjoon’s face. “Nice to meet you, I’m the new infirmary teacher, Min Yoongi.”

Namjoon blinks but he grabs the new teacher’s hand anyway. “Uh… nice to meet you too…?” But soon he frowns when he feels something familiar about his name and his voice and snaps, “WAIT ARE YOU THAT GLO—“

Yoongi immediately shuts Namjoon’s mouth with his hands and hisses, “Not so loud!” but Namjoon’s pupils still dilated in shock when he knew his favorite rapper is right in front of his face. “I’ll get my hands off so be quiet okay?” Namjoon quickly nods and Yoongi let his hands off his mouth before deeply sighs and take his glasses off. “Yet I thought this will make me unrecognized…”

Namjoon still stare his new teacher in disbelief before manages to not scream as a hardcore fanboy and asks, “Why are you here?” Yoongi’s eyebrows furrow and looks straight into Namjoon’s eyes in a questioning look which makes Namjoon quickly rephrase his question, “I mean, aren’t you a rapper? You even had your concert yesterday.”

“Do you want to know?” Yoongi leans closer to Namjoon with a hand grips on the younger male’s shoulder with a smirk.

He flinched and quickly pulls himself away of Yoongi, strangely feels that something bad going to be happen if he takes a wrong move.

Yoongi chuckles and get up of his seat while put his glasses back before replies, “Chill, boy, I won’t bite you.” Namjoon still froze (either because of his cold go bad or Yoongi’s words a while ago) which make Yoongi chuckles harder. “It would be funny if I tell you right now but we’ll save that for later; you need sleep.”

Namjoon was about to take his medicine as told when Yoongi suddenly whispered on his ear, “It’s our secret, Kim Namjoon.” and casually draws the curtain along with Namjoon almost make the mug break if he didn’t grip it tightly.

.

To: Jung Hoseok
dude i think i’m going crazy and i think i had a nightmare because of my cold.


Strangely, nobody seems to notice that their new teacher is a famous rapper in Hongdae except Taehyung (his brother asked about him right when he arrived home) and him.

That’s weird, he thinks when he accidentally saw Yoongi passed his class on corridor with a calm face plastered on his face. Is he not as popular as I thought? He keeps wonder about it but no avail.

And Namjoon is taken aback by Yoongi because he always thinks that the Gloss he always idolized is not that strange—that smirk, that flirty moves, that whispers; it makes him entirely shocked to bones.

Maybe proverb ‘don’t judge book from its cover’ applied to him now when he looks back to Min Yoongi aka Gloss.

Hyung, don’t you find it weird that nobody seems to notice him?” Taehyung frowns and throws a look behind Yoongi’s back in cafeteria but Namjoon only shrugs and chews his meal.

“Even I wonder why.” Namjoon sighs. “Hell, Hoseok doesn’t even notice him although he’s his hardcore fan.”

Taehyung shrugs. “Maybe he got tricked by his glasses and his hair.”

“Maybe he is.” Namjoon agrees. He too didn’t recognized Gloss—um, he meant Yoongi—when he met him by face and his hairstyle but he knew his voice very well. “Or he just simply an idiot.”

“He’ll kill you if he knew that.” His brother chuckles but Namjoon only rolls his eyes while murmurs he wouldn’t dare. “But well,” Taehyung throws his stare on Yoongi with his chin propped and scoffs, “Glasses sure could work differently on him.”

Namjoon silently agrees while he fixes his gaze on Yoongi who is busy taking care of the girl students, who has been surrounding him since ten minutes ago, with a light smile plastered on his face (and Namjoon knew that he did it to be polite).

He couldn’t agree more.


When the school bell’s rings, the students immediately shout in joy and the teacher is calmly quieting the class down with homework awaits home, which got ton of shouts in displease but their teacher just leave the class nonchalantly.

Except Namjoon who only sighs and slings his bag before walks home with Hoseok who tailing behind him. Hoseok pokes his shoulder several times but Namjoon ignores him, already knew what does the older male wants—and he really doesn’t want to even Hoseok insist him to.

Definitely no, and never.

“You don’t really want to? Seriously, you don’t?” Namjoon sighs before waves his hand as a clear sign that he refuses, really refuses, but Hoseok frowns and keep asking, “But why?”

Namjoon finally clicked his tongue in displease and turn his back to Hoseok before snaps, “Yah, if you were that curious about that new infirmary teacher, go by yourself.

Hoseok pouts, “But I can’t! There are girls that always coming to infirmary even after school time!”

He sighs but his face already written that he clearly doesn’t want to meet him, no matter what. “Then why do you want to come there?”

“Well…” Hoseok scratches his head in frustration, the way Namjoon sees it, before finally speaks his reason, “I just want to clarify about something.”

“What about it?” Namjoon raises one of his eyebrows in confusion.

“There’s a rumor said that he’s Gloss, or so they said.” Namjoon secretly smiles mischievously. He already knew. “I know it sounds stupid but I’m dead curious.”

He sighs but can’t help to smile a little before simply says, “Good luck then.” and leaves Hoseok by himself.

Although he can hear Hoseok yelling at him and forcing Namjoon to stay still you little rascal!, he prefers to ignore the older male and going home.


“So, is he still bugging you?”

Namjoon looks up and found Taehyung was looking at him curiously, while—Namjoon thought—his hazel eyes eyeing his work on the table. He sighs before shakes his head, in the middle of regretting himself who told Taehyung what happened at infirmary a week ago and wondering that is Yoongi still remember about him or not.

“I don’t think he still remember me; he’s been surrounded by girls all day long.” He put his pencil back on the table and closes his homework book before propped his chin on his hands. “But well, I think that’s what will you get if you were born with that face.”

Taehyung frowns and crosses both of his arm on his chest before asks, “And your point is…?”

Namjoon glances on Taehyung before sighs. “Don’t forget that he’s Gloss, my favorite rapper.

His little brother hums in understanding but smirks afterward. “But don’t forget that you’ve been cautious of him since that event, Hyung.

“, don’t remind me.” Namjoon retorts but Taehyung laughs instead. “Seriously, Taehyung-ah, you—”

Taehyung interjects, “But don’t you wonder what his reason was for being an infirmary teacher in our school, Hyung?”

Then it clicks Namjoon’s brain hardly when he feels that Taehyung was kind of right; what his reason was? Is his career as a popular rapper still makes him unsatisfied? Or is he having hidden scandal right now?

Right, what was his reason?

“So you did wonder.”

Namjoon only nod although he reluctantly admitting it.


The thing that Namjoon found on his desk in the next morning is a fully-dead Jung Hoseok without his precious hoodie that he always wears whenever possible.

Weird, it is not so like Hoseok to forget his hoodie—there must be something wrong with his brain.

“Get off, that’s my desk.” Namjoon jokingly shoos Hoseok with his foot but the older male remains silent. “Hoseok?” He waves his hand in front of Hoseok’s face, “Earth to Hoseok?”

Hoseok finally looks up and grimly responds, “I was fooled.” Namjoon frowns. “Dude, I was fooled! Our infirmary teacher is—”

Namjoon quickly interjects Hoseok with shush before add up, “That’s why I don’t want to join you yesterday.”

“You prick.” Namjoon lightly smiles before literally shoos Hoseok with his foot and sit down. “Hey! Show some respect, will you!”

“Finally come to your senses?” Hoseok pouts. “Don’t tell anyone; it’ll become a problem if a whole school knows it.” Hoseok rolls his eyes but his pouts stay still—he still couldn’t believe that their new infirmary teacher is Gloss, or Yoongi, or whatever.

“I know.” Hoseok finally sighs but quickly asks, “So Taehyung already know?”

Namjoon nods, “He was the first one who realized it.”

“Darn, I knew it!”


It was already evening when Namjoon came out of his supplementary classes.

He checks his watch; it’s 19.37PM.

He decided to go home instead joining his friends to karaoke or game arcade because he’d rather have a fluffy bed await home than headache of hearing his friends’ singing—they at singing anyway—and ended up in the infirmary.

The last option is definitely not a choice.

“Are you by yourself?”

Namjoon quickly turns his back and unconsciously take steps backward when he recognizes the voice’s owner, and actually really doesn’t want to meet the owner’s voice right now.

The voice’s owner chuckles, “Did I surprise you that much?”

“Min-seosaengnim—”

Yoongi quickly shakes his head before clicks his tongue, rather displeased. “Don’t make me sounds so old; I’m only 24 this year.”

“Or you’d rather me to call you Gloss then?” Yoongi flicks Namjoon’s forehead, rather annoyed. “Seosaengnim, that hurts!”

Yoongi sighs and slings his arm on Namjoon, rather uninvited and grins, “You’re mine tonight,” Before Namjoon has a chance to interject him, Yoongi adds, “And, no objection.”

Namjoon frowns and reluctantly to follow Yoongi, but the smaller man already dragged him on the street on his collar although he really didn’t want to (and wait, is he trying to kill Namjoon with indirectly choking his neck?).

What kind of teacher he is?

Seosaengnim, let go of me!” Namjoon groans in frustration—he is in the middle of having difficulty to breathing because Yoongi strongly grabbing his collar and having difficulty to walk because the smaller man dragging him like a corpse—and he tries to redo his action, “I said, let go of me! Are you trying to kill me or what?!”

“No, I like you too much to kill you.” Yoongi’s face shows grin when Namjoon finally calmed down. “Okay, Kim Namjoon, I was kidding, so can you help me?”

Namjoon raises an eyebrow. Min Yoongi, his favorite rapper, asks him for a help?

“Can you show me the way of Kim Seokjin’s house? You know, the Literature Teacher? I kinda got lost here.”


The first thing Namjoon witnesses when he sent Yoongi to Seokjin’s house is Yoongi got smacked right on his head by the eldest one, hard and critical.

“Geez! How many times do I have to call you so I can send you my home’s map, huh?!”

“W-wait, Hyung, my battery is dead—”

“Yeah, right! I told you many times to always charge your battery until full!”

“But today’s happen to—” Seokjin shoots him a glare, “—okay, sorry, next time I’ll try to be careful, geez.”

Seokjin sighs before turn his head to Namjoon who half-surprised by his action a while ago, smiles warmly and asks, “Are you Kim Namjoon?” Namjoon hesitantly nods. “Thank you for bringing this idiot here. He’s new to Seoul, so he’s blind in directions.”

“I don’t mind,” Yoongi was the one who asked him—it’s not like he has choice to reject. “Well then, see you.” he bows and begins to turn his body to entrance, ready to go home.

Seokjin smiles, “Please say hi to your parents and sorry for keeping you until this late.” When Namjoon looked at Yoongi, the older male groans. “Yoongi.

“Riiight, say hi from me too.” Yoongi sighs and enters the house, ignoring Seokjin’s snaps with closes the door.

Namjoon nods and walks home while his mind begins to wander what’s Seokjin’s relationship with Yoongi. He never knew that Seokjin, the Literature Teacher who is so kind to the students especially the 12th grade like him, knew who Min Yoongi is and even able to snaps at him like that.

Is there something he doesn’t know, though?


His eyes won’t keep off of Seokjin when the latter is in the middle of teaching his class this afternoon. Is he by any chance Yoongi’s close acquaintance? Or he is his relative? Or is he just an acquaintance of Yoongi’s relative so Yoongi can temporarily live there?

Or is he Yoongi’s boyfriend?

Strangely enough, it’s disturbing Namjoon too much that he can’t concentrate to the lesson.

After the class has ended, Namjoon hurriedly drags Hoseok to backyard of their school which receives frown from the older male but get along anyway. He wants to ask him about Yoongi—Hoseok’s data of him is unbelievable both bunch and accurate compared to his, although he can’t recognize him sooner than Namjoon.

Maybe Hoseok knows something about them, maybe.

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok finally asks when Namjoon stopped dragging him. “Is it about Min-seosaengnim?”

Namjoon throws his body to the flowerbed, sighs before nods. “What’s your newest information?”

Hoseok following Namjoon to sit beside him, hugging his knees and answers, “I heard Min-seosaengnim is Kim-seosaengnim’s acquaintance. Kim Seokjin-seosaengnim, I mean.”

“How close are they?” He raises an eyebrow.

“I think they’re relatives; I heard Kim-seosaengnim is his cousin from his mother’s side.” Namjoon sighs in relief—wait, what? “But I heard that Kim-seosaengnim used to be an artist manager. I don’t know the details though.”

Namjoon nods. “Anything else?” Hoseok shakes his head. “But you know, I suspect that he has hidden scandal so he became our infirmary teacher right now. I mean, don’t you wonder why he became an infirmary teacher?”

Hoseok hums, somewhat agree with Namjoon. “Now that you mention it ….”

“I’ll leave that to you, what about it?”

“As long as you let me hang out with Taehyung this Sunday.”

“Go ask Taehyung yourself.”


“Hey there, Kim Namjoon!”

Namjoon got pulled back in surprise when Yoongi’s face—with his fake glasses, of course—suddenly popped out in front of his face.

It was evening when Namjoon finally done with his summer supplementary classes and decided to visit the drug store to buy some medicines. He just planning to buy medicines, really. He doesn’t plan to meet Yoongi either.

But unfortunately he met him right when he was about to pay the medicines he took.

Instead of replies Yoongi’s greeting, Namjoon silently walks off to the cashier and pays his medicines before he left the drug store, completely ignores his teacher and he doesn’t care.

Or rather, he doesn’t want to get involved with Yoongi right now.

“Hey, that was rude!”

Namjoon pretends he didn’t hear anything and keep walking with Yoongi is trailing behind him.

“Kim Namjoon!”

Namjoon quickly dashes his feet yet the older male still chasing him behind.

Yah! Stay still! I need your help again!”

He forced himself to stop before rigidly turn his back on the smaller man, still somehow feels suspicious on what Yoongi will do on him this time. “… you got lost again?”

Yoongi sighs, which makes Namjoon uncertain if his question was true or not. The new infirmary teacher in front of him looks up, stares Namjoon straight into his eyes before his lips opened, “I’m not.”

Namjoon frowns, “Then what is it?”

Instead of answering Namjoon, Yoongi take steps closer to him while hold his stares still on him before the teacher speaks, “Can you help me bring those medicines to school?”

The younger male frowns, “Sure, but…” He unconsciously stares at Yoongi’s hand and notices bandaged left wrist under his loose sleeves. “… do we have to walk all the way to school? It’s pretty far, Sir.”

“No worries; I brought a car here.” Yoongi points his thumb on a car nearby. “I know today’s Saturday and you just got out of your supplementary classes but I can’t carry those medicines on my own.”

Namjoon thinks he won’t ask about this one. “… so where medicines I should carry?”


Namjoon silently following Yoongi behind with two boxes of medicines are carried on his arms.

While they were on their way to the infirmary, Namjoon couldn’t help but thinking about the bandages he noticed on Yoongi’s left wrist—he suspects the bandages must be wrapped up to his elbow since it doesn’t only ended on the wrist—and build up the cases on what might be the causes of it. From what he remembered, he never heard of Gloss has accident that caused injury on the arm or such possibility accidents—he only remembered that he suddenly got announced by Hoseok a month ago that Gloss would hold a concert before he took a long break for God knows what.

It never crossed on this mind that the break would be being an infirmary teacher on his school.

“Min-seosaengnim.”

Yoongi is about to unlock the infirmary but he still answers, “What is it?”

“Why did you decided to take a long break on your other career?”

The man in front of him startled for his sudden question but he manages to unlock the room and come in without answering him.

It was a sudden question, he knew, but Namjoon can’t help but feels that Yoongi might hiding something from him—no, from anyone but maybe Seokjin.

“Place the boxes near the cupboard there.” Instead of answering Namjoon’s question, he commands Namjoon on the other things. Namjoon grumbles but he did it anyway; the boxes are a bit heavy and he has been carrying it to the second floor of his school since Yoongi parked the car near gates.

After Namjoon is done, he walks closer to Yoongi who is in the middle of sorting papers on the table, still wearing the glasses he always wear in school.

Yoongi still doesn’t answer his question.

“Min-seosaengnim—”

“I’ll finish this soon so can you please wait on the car?” Yoongi fishes the car’s key out of his pocket and give it to Namjoon. “You know how to start a car?”

Namjoon nods.

Yoongi keep talking but he is not facing Namjoon. “I’ll drive you home, so call your parents first that you’ll be late because of me.”

Namjoon answers with a nod before silently leave the infirmary, heading towards Yoongi’s car as told although his mind can’t help but thinking why Yoongi didn’t answer his question and instead changed the topic.

Did he miss something of Gloss’ recent news about accidents?

(And he decided that it was not a right timing of him to ask that question since Yoongi has been quiet on the way the older man sent him home.)


Hyung!”

Today is Sunday and Taehyung wake him off with suddenly attacks him with put his weight on him. It really isn’t a nice wake-up alarm for him, to be actually honest, since he doesn’t like it when someone is disturbing his sleep—it included his family, of course.

And Taehyung is on his top list although he dears his brother.

Instead of answering Taehyung, Namjoon kicks him out of his bed and cover himself on blanket, ignoring Taehyung who trying to wake him up with unusual way; somehow it makes him like he asks his attention so Namjoon would hear him out.

He really doesn’t want to wake up right now.

Hyung! Wake up and listen to me!” Taehyung desperately shakes Namjoon’s shoulder through the blanket to wake him up. “Why did you say Hoseok-hyung can hang out with me?! I don’t even remember I agree to that!”

Oh, so that was the problem.

Namjoon finally wakes up and pull down the blanket—but his eyes suddenly dilated when he saw Taehyung was looking about to cry. Although he feels something is wrong about Taehyung, what Namjoon only could do is ask since he is utterly confused, “… then why are you crying?”

“Do you forget what he has done to me? I can’t face him anymore!”

He frowns, “But he only kissed you because of a dare?”

“That was my first kiss!”

“So what? It’s not like I never kissed you.” Namjoon sighs.

“That was different! That was because we are family and you stopped kiss me since you entered middle high school!” Namjoon groans of course I am dammit but Taehyung seems didn’t hear him at all. “But, but Hoseok-hyung suddenly texted and said he will pick me up at 10!”

Wait, does that mean Hoseok has find out the reason why Yoongi became an infirmary teacher?

Namjoon silently pick his phone while Taehyung still wailing about Hoseok. He quickly searching Hoseok’s contact and calls him although it’s still 7 when he glanced at the clock, Namjoon remember that Jung Hoseok must be already up to for his dance practice.

“Hello, Namjoon-ah?”

And it stops Taehyung’s wail and his brother begins to stares him, rather both offended that Namjoon seems didn’t hear him and startled that it was Hoseok’s voice he heard from the phone.

Yah, did you already get the information that you dared sent that text to my brother?” Of course Taehyung wouldn’t know, Namjoon didn’t tell him after all, and he feels bad of it.

“… well, not really, since I didn’t find scandals about him. He isn’t type of person who will play around with woman.” Right, of course Yoongi isn’t; how could he forgot about that? “But you know, I really wanna hang out with Taehyung since I haven’t apologized for that ‘dare’ things. I know he has avoiding me since then and I wanna make things up.”

Is that so. Namjoon stares at Taehyung who seems loss at words for a while before he replies, “… then make sure you apologize properly and treat him good foods.”

“Okay.” Hoseok hangs up.

Namjoon’s stare return to Taehyung before the latter silently get out of his room, tell their mother that he already wake up although he still seems out of it. He sighs and get out of his bed, get ready to have breakfast and look for Gloss’ information internet.

Maybe he really did miss some of Gloss’ news.


GLOSS Decided to Take Break on His Rising Fame!

Is GLOSS hiding a scandal from us?!

GLOSS Hold a Farewell Concert before His Break

GLOSS—

And such news popped out when Namjoon typed and searched Gloss on Naver.

New Lip GLOSS Products are Available at XX Store!

Right, cosmetic advertisement either.

He eyeing the news one by one, trying to figuring out the reasons behind the bandaged arm he accidentally saw yesterday. There isn’t news that correlated between Gloss and accidents, though—but he suspects the injury must be new since it still bandaged. The more he searched, the more he dissatisfied with the result because he only could find nothing.

It is been almost two weeks since Yoongi woking in the school Namjoon enrolled on as an infirmary teacher and he still haven’t heard the new news about Gloss since he went break, though.

His management sure hides Yoongi’s current activity so well.

But he still doesn’t understand the reasons why Yoongi become an infirmary teacher, though. There rumors said that Gloss is a fresh graduate from infirmary major before he jumped into the rapper’s career but Namjoon thinks it shouldn’t be this fast to get license to work; it feels somehow both unnatural and forced.

It will be different story if he already got license while he became a rapper with accelerated his study—which means he must be really smart that able to get the license in four years.

Namjoon sighs before he decided to shut down his laptop after finally he couldn’t find what he wanted. He can’t help but keep thinking about Yoongi’s reasons; it may sounds silly, but he has urges that he has to know.

He needs to know.

Hyung, I’m going.”

He spins his chair to his brother and saw Taehyung is ready with casual clothes, but… “Taehyung-ah, your face.”

Taehyung tilts his head, confused. “What about my face?”

“Don’t be so tense.” Namjoon warns.

“I—” Taehyung immediately shakes his head, denies Namjoon so hard that he begins to stutter, “I-I’m not!”

Namjoon chuckles, “Okay, okay you don’t.” but he immediately sighs when he remember what kind of person Hoseok is.  “Be careful, okay? I don’t know what’s gotten into his head lately, so I only could warn you.”

Taehyung nods, either understand or too nervous to hear anything Namjoon said.

“If Hoseok does anything funny to you, just punch his face; I’m sure he will stop.”

“… can I just run away?”

Namjoon shoots him a look and spontaneously points his index finger on Taehyung, “There! You’re nervous after all!”

His younger brother shakes his head fast, denying so hard that it obvious for Namjoon to notice. He sighs, isn’t sure what to do to Taehyung—he must be already laughing at him if he has heart to but unfortunately he couldn’t when Taehyung’s eyes began to teary again.

Adolescence sure hits Taehyung hard.

Forcefully holding his tears, Taehyung rubs his eyes hard before he steps closer to Namjoon—he has bad feelings for this—and asks, “Hyung, can’t you come with me?”

“Huh? Why should I?” Namjoon exclaims, frowns at Taehyung rather incredulously. Taehyung stares pitifully at him, but Namjoon shrugs it off with a scoff, “Stop that; you know that won’t work on me.”

Taehyung groans, “Hyung! I can’t face Hoseok-hyung—” He stopped when they heard someone rang the bell. He immediately checks his watch and his expression falls to panic, desperately clinging his hands on Namjoon’s shoulders and shakes it hard. “Namjoon-hyung! Please!”

But instead of helping him, Namjoon smirks and put Taehyung’s hands off before he gets up, feet heading to front door and says, “I’ll tell Hoseok you’ll be ready in five minutes.”

Hyung—”

“Make it up, okay?”

Hyung!”


“Sorry Kid, but the management really didn’t told us anything other than Gloss’ break until God knows when.”

So Namjoon decided to visit Hongdae—the place where Gloss always performs—to collect some more information after he sent Taehyung off.

Unfortunately the staff of the event hall didn’t know the reasons either.

It’s weird. Namjoon finally jumps into a conclusion when he get out of the event hall. If it just an ordinary break, they wouldn’t hide things like this. He walks toward the bus station, but his mind is still clouded with Yoongi’s secrets that he hasn’t able to solve yet.

Min Yoongi is like a riddle to Namjoon.

He absent-mindedly waits in the bus station while sitting on available chairs there, thinking about possible reasons of Yoongi’s sudden new job in Namjoon’s school. Namjoon knew he is being such a busybody but he can’t help but want to know about it.

The needs of knowing Min Yoongi better rampages his mind crazily.

“Kim Namjoon?”

Namjoon looks up and replies although he is sure he knew this voice, “Yes—” and when he looked at the caller, his pupils dilated in surprise before he stands up and spontaneously bows, “Good day, Kim-seosaengnim!”

It was Kim Seokjin.

“Good day.” Seokjin chuckles while both of his arms occupied by paper bags of groceries. “It’s rare to see you around here; you went to a public library around here?” Namjoon shakes his head. “Then is it personal business?” Namjoon immediately nods. “I see…”

It is Namjoon’s turn to ask, “Were you coming here by yourself, Seosaengnim?”

Seokjin smiles bitterly, “Actually I should be here with Yoongi, but he’s hard to wake up at weekends.” He sighs, somehow he looks so frustrated of Yoongi’s behavior. “I believe he is still asleep although it’s already 11 AM.”

“Min-seosaengnim is like an owl.” Namjoon exclaims.

“He’s nocturnal, Kim Namjoon. The hardcore one.” Seokjin sighs. “His mood went bad since yesterday either; I wonder why.” Namjoon secretly cringes; it must be because of his question yesterday. “Fortunately he’s being nocturnal only when it’s weekend so I can’t complain.”

Namjoon went ‘oh’ for a moment before he notices Seokjin’s arms begin to shake a little bit. “Can I help you carry some of that, Seosaengnim?”

“That would be a great help. Thanks.” Seokjin hands some of the groceries to Namjoon and finally sighs in relief. “Right, why don’t you drop at my place?”

Namjoon blinks, “Is that really okay?”

Seokjin nods with a big grins plastered on his face, “Sure, why not? Ah, but can you help me again later with the lunch? Yoongi is unable to use his left arm right now because an accident a week ago.”

Yoongi? Left arm? Accident?

This is my chance! “What kind of accident?”

“It’s not a big accident though, but he got in fight with someone and accidentally broke his left arm—gladly his bones just cracked a little, so the doctor said he’ll heal in a month.” Seokjin takes a deep sigh before he notices the bus is almost here. “I’ll tell you the details in bus, so let’s go.”

Namjoon nods, following the Literature Teacher enters the bus and silently listen to Seokjin’s explanation.

He can’t back off right now.

He already falls to Min Yoongi’s life.


After he talked with Seokjin in bus on the way to the teacher’s house, Namjoon figured some of Yoongi’s reasons after he told the teacher that he knew Yoongi is Gloss, although he didn’t tell most of it.

The strongest possibility is family problem.

Yoongi got his arm bandaged because his parents—his father, especially—told some of his people to get him home and when the man rebelled, one of them accidentally pushed him too hard that he fell with his left arm twisted behind his back, caused his bones broke a little. When Namjoon asked what family Yoongi came from, Seokjin just smiles and mention the most prestigious professor from the university he wanted to go like nothing.

“That must be the reasons why he can got his license in four years, isn’t it?”

Seokjin chuckles, “Yeah, he worked hard both in his music and his study so his father would recognized his life choice.”

And Seokjin told Namjoon that he used to be Yoongi’s manager three years ago before he decided to quit and fully dedicated himself on Literature, which that was why he became a teacher in the younger male’s school.

But, Seokjin took a deep breath before he fully ended the conversation, his father didn’t want to recognize Yoongi’s career as rapper at all and forced his management to put long break on him. That was why he became an infirmary teacher now.

“So, can you promise you won’t tell it to media?”

Namjoon swears full-heartedly.

“But why did you tell me all of it, Seosaengnim?” Namjoon can’t help but feels curious.

Seokjin flabbergasts, looked like he didn’t expect Namjoon would asked that to him. “Well, Yoongi once told me that there is a student who could recognized him right after he spoke but he didn’t spread the info in school. I guess it was you, wasn’t it?”

Namjoon did recognize him on the first time they met by his voice but—“How did he know that I recognized him by his voice?”

“That’s…” Seokjin seems to think of something for a moment, “Maybe he knew that nobody would recognized him because he always wear his glasses and changed his hairstyle after he signed as infirmary teacher?”

“So that glasses was fake after all?”

Seokjin shakes his head, “No, it wasn’t. His eyesight is not that bad, but sometimes he needs to wear it for reading small letters.”

So that glasses wasn’t fully used as disguise after all.

“Can you promise me too that you won’t tell Min-seosaengnim that I knew his reason?”

Seokjin gives a thumb as agreement.

They finally arrived at Seokjin’s house and the older man rings the bell—although he did bring the key, he wants to make sure that Yoongi awake enough to open the door for him. No response. Seokjin sighs before he hands some more groceries to Namjoon for a moment to make his right hand free and fishes the key out of his pocket, planning to open the door by himself so he can make the lunch quicker.

But before Seokjin even has a chance to put the key, the door opened with a glasses Yoongi while his eyes seems still half-awake.

“Where were you, Hyung? You didn’t tell me before you left—” He seems caught Namjoon’s figure behind Seokjin—since his eyes suddenly fully opened with sudden realization and groans, “Why did you take him here?!”

“Why? It’s my house; I can take whoever I want here.” Seojin huffs. “I need someone to help me prepare lunch, and you can’t.”

Yoongi frowns, but complains afterward. “I still can use my hands!”

But Seokjin looks he doesn’t want to lose either. “Is that so? Then carry all of this bags to the kitchen.”

“… okay I can’t, I can’t, satisfied?” Namjoon hides his laughs behind Seokjin’s back but Yoongi caught him right away, “Don’t you dare laugh on this.”

“I-I’m sorry.”

(One more thing Namjoon learnt about Min Yoongi: he is sharp both in sense and tongue.)


Awkward.

Namjoon never feels this awkward on his life.

When he placed the groceries on the kitchen, he can felt stabbing stares on his back, and he knew it was Yoongi. Namjoon trying to ignore his backstabbing stares and helping Seokjin with chopping vegetables and other things the older man told him to, but Yoongi keep staring sharply it hurts.

The things’ turning bad when Seokjin told Namjoon to sit down since he already done with the task and when he took a seat in front of Yoongi, the older man arrogantly confront him with the dislike stares—a kind of stares that he feels unwanted here—but he still being silent about it.

Namjoon unconsciously hang his head low when Yoongi’s stares raises to his eyes, clearly dislike the idea that he is there, in front of him.

The only thing he can see in Yoongi is his bandaged left arm.

“I’m sorry.”

He immediately looks up, rather shocked what he heard a while ago.

Yoongi sighs while he propped his chin with his right hand before speaks, “I think I promised something about told you the reason why I became an infirmary teacher on the first time we met.” Namjoon frowns, trying to remember their first meeting before went ‘ah’. “But I didn’t answer you when you asked it again last time.”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me—” I already knew anyway—

But Yoongi seems he didn’t hear him because he keeps talking, “I will tell you, but can I ask you one thing?”

“—sure, what is it?”

“Since I think you know that my left arm is unable to do anything right now, you need to help me in the infirmary every after school.”

Namjoon blinks before he protests, “But I have supplementary classes at evening!”

Yoongi smiles anyway, “It won’t take long, I promise.” Before Namjoon has a chance to interjects, he adds, “Just think it as your last memory at high school. You’ve got one more month before the college entrance exam, right? You just need to help me until my arm is healed.”

“But—”

“I’ll give you my mixtapes with signature on it.”

“Okay, deal.”

Yoongi chuckles before he stands up and ruffles Namjoon’s hair, murmurs thanks to him right into his ear and leave him to the kitchen to grab a drink.

Damn.

He still can’t overcome the whisper attack from Yoongi after all.

(But Seokjin’s homemade lunch really delicious—Namjoon didn’t expect the Literature Teacher could cook this well.

He afraid he might addicted to his cooking.)


Taehyung said it went well with Hoseok and they already make up with the things, so he decided to warms up with the older male since it still feels awkward since he has been avoiding him for a long time.

Although the time both Hoseok and him have in high school is coming to an end in a month.

Namjoon actually didn’t realize that he only has a month left before the college entrance exam before Yoongi reminded him. Although he believe he has prepared for the exam—his grades already promising, what’s left is only the exam—but he unexpectedly feels something’s lost.

That means he only could meet Yoongi freely only for one more month.

He started to help Yoongi after school with everything that needs power like lifting boxes or carrying stuffs before it’s time for him to go for supplementary classes. He ever accidentally broke things like height measurement snapped into two or bottles slipped off his hands but Yoongi only sighs of it and handles it while Namjoon continuously bows and apologizes behind his back.

Yoongi often groans when he cleaned up the mess Namjoon made, “How am I supposed to do with you?”

Namjoon only cringes.

Sometimes when he has no supplementary classes, Yoongi would bring lunches that Seokjin brought for him and they will eat together. They rarely talks at first, but Namjoon sure that both of them are comfortable.

At least he knew Yoongi finally let him in to his life.

Namjoon often found Yoongi were spacing out on the window, which stopping him to enter the infirmary to enjoy the view of the rapper for a while. Sometimes Yoongi would hums one of his songs unconsciously until he realized Namjoon was looking and shushed the younger male to do his daily routine with lightly reddened face which Namjoon found it cute.

He must be misses his time as a rapper.

On the first week, Namjoon succeed to not break more than five things. Instead of getting angry at him, Yoongi treats him a coffee and told him to not break anything anymore while he gave Namjoon the first mixtape with signature on it as he promised.

Slowly but sure, Namjoon utterly interested in Yoongi, but not as his favorite rapper anymore.

He slowly learned Yoongi’s habits without him knowing. When he is in the mood for jokes, he would make strange faces and smiles brightly while teases Namjoon about anything he can use—either make fun of him or jokes about not having a girlfriend. When he is in a bad mood, he would completely silent and commanded Namjoon with gestures instead of words with frowns never leave his forehead. When he is in a good mood, he would talk about anything and Namjoon would silently listening while eating Seokjin’s homemade lunch Yoongi has brought for both of them.

Namjoon learned that Yoongi knew Hoseok when he was trying to figuring out his identity and turned as complete chaos.

“Chaos?”

“Well,” Yoongi tried to hides his laughs but no avail. “Firstly he introduced himself, but right after I spoke, he suddenly screams ‘S-so the rumors were true!’ and he fell unconscious.” Namjoon hold himself to not laugh. “In the end I carried him to the bed and wait for him to wake up and properly introduced myself before sent him home.”

So that was why Hoseok looked so spaced out on the next morning.

There is nothing much to do in the infirmary, though. Basically, Namjoon only helps things Yoongi can’t do with both of his arms and he spent the rest of the time to either secretly listening to Yoongi’s songs with earphones or watching Yoongi’s back to work on something in his table.

They spent the times in silence, but strangely Namjoon doesn’t feel weird and rather enjoyed it.

There are times Namjoon did nothing at all because the infirmary didn’t have anything to move yet and Yoongi would made him coffee and asks about the younger male’s day while both of his hands are occupied with pen and papers. When Namjoon asked what Yoongi was doing, he said he needs his story as references for his new lyrics.

“You want to comeback in a rebellious image?”

“Do any of you never has thoughts of rebel to your parents, though?”

Namjoon has no comeback of that.

He ever found Yoongi fell asleep on his desk with papers full of lyircs instead of reports, unsurprisingly, and Namjoon managed to get him a blanket without broke the cupboard’s door. As curious as a teenager he is, he just peeked some lyrics before spent his time to watch the older man sleeping—which it surprisingly is a soothing view for him.

Our BGM is our breathing.
When you call out my name, I’m captivated by your voice.
I want to know you better.
Like an explorer exploring the unknown forest. 

You’re like a masterpiece that I want to reflect on,
because your presence is art.
This is what I imagine every night,
it doesn’t matter because it’s a senseless dream anyway. *

It makes Namjoon wonder whom Yoongi meant in that lyrics.

On the second week, Namjoon managed to not break anything and Yoongi somehow awkwardly congratulate him before gave him the second mixtapes as he promised again with ruffling the younger male’s head as bonus.

Namjoon strangely didn’t hate it although he feels something’s off with Yoongi.

He still has a week and two days left before his college entrance exam but Yoongi suddenly told that he only need his help for one week more, which indicates his left arm is almost healed. Yoongi’s attitudes are different either; sometimes he would secretly smiles when he’s busy with the papers, especially when he does his usual routine—writing lyrics, of course.

When Namjoon asked why, Yoongi smiles it off and just continue writing lyrics.

Since it is his last week of helping Yoongi, Namjoon tried his best to help and to not getting on the older man’s way when he is busy by himself with obediently watching him from his usual chair—right in front of the cupboard, on Yoongi’s right desk side.

It’s late, he knew, but Namjoon recently noticed Yoongi’s surprisingly good looking and whenever the sunset rays strikes the older man’s through the curtains on the evening, he looks different than usual.

Yoongi strangely looks dashing in his vision.


“You awfully spent your time at the infirmary a lot.”

Namjoon takes his eyes off the magazine he read to looks up at Hoseok with a frown, “Why are you suddenly asked that?”

Hoseok suddenly approached Namjoon’s desk at the second break and intrudes the younger male—who busy reading magazines about men’s fashion—with a frown, “You don’t know?”

“What is it, though?” Namjoon sighs and finally closes his magazine, already lost his mood to continue and explains, “Min-seosaengnim asked my help.”

“Gloss.”

“Min Yoongi-seosaengnim.

“Lip Gloss.”

“… Hoseok.”

Hoseok chuckles before finally take a seat in front of Namjoon and propped his chin on his right hand. “The girls were talking weirdly about you guys.” Namjoon shoots him a confused stares. “They said that you guys are dating or even doing something mature-rated without us knowing.”

Namjoon frowns while waves his hands, completely deny Hoseok’s statement. “It’s not like that; like I said he asked my help since—” he almost said about Yoongi’s injuried left arm when he remembered that Seokjin warned him to not tell anyone. “—he’s new to this school.”

“Is that so? Okay then.” Hoseok still staring. “But why he asked you?”

“Because he knew I knew his real identity?” Namjoon bites his inner cheeks before speaks, “Or because he afraid you’ll faint again if he asked you.”

“HE TOLD YOU THAT?!” Hoseok spontaneously shouts and Namjoon reflexively covers his ears. “Seriously?! Argh, damn!”

Namjoon immediately smacks Hoseok’s head and hisses, “Don’t shout right in front my face!”

Hoseok groans, but he still panicking for a while before he calmed down with Namjoon’s second smack. He hisses of the pain before he asks although Namjoon can see that his head hurting, “Are you okay, though?”

“Me?” Shouldn’t I the one who asked you that?

Hoseok finally can eases the pain and stares incredulously at him. “Well, Gloss is your favorite rapper and it’s a rare event we can meet him daily but we have our college entrance exams soon—“

Namjoon tilts his head, “And is that has something to do with me?”

“—huh? You didn’t know?”

“What is?”

“He—“


 “Where did you hear that?”

“It’s all over the media; when was the last time you checked television?”

Damn! Yoongi didn’t tell him at all!

Namjoon immediately dashes to the infirmary after Hoseok told him something that he really didn’t expect would happen this fast—he told Hoseok he needs to convince the next teacher that he suddenly got cold so he can go to Yoongi. He admits that recently he is not keen with recent news since he always immediately sleep when he came home but seriously, Namjoon doesn’t predict this at all.

He needs to see Yoongi. Right now.

“I don’t really keen on watching television.”

“Right—I forgot you didn’t, but you know, it’s true.”

Namjoon only needs to runs down the stairs to second floor before turn left, but the time feels so slow on him. He runs faster and he get stared at, but he couldn’t care less right now: Yoongi is his first priority to ask something that bugged him so much since Hoseok told him.

Why didn’t Min Yoongi tell him?

“I don’t think it’s—”

“That’s the fact, Namjoon. Although I know it’s hard for both of us—we’re his fans after all—but his management already announced the media that—”

“Min-seosaengnim!”

The door harshly slides open in a loud thud, but Namjoon didn’t care at all; all he needs is Yoongi’s explanation—and the older man already promised he will tell everything, so he can ask it without worries, but he can’t be calm right now.

Yoongi jolts in surprise and spontaneously turn his head to Namjoon while his right hand grabs a board tightly before frowns, “You surprised me.”

Instead of answering Yoongi’s surprise, he immediately closes the door and steps closer to Yoongi—the older man only could staring confusedly but instinctively steps backwards.

“—Gloss resigned as a rapper.”

“Is the rumor true?” Namjoon grabs and shakes both of Yoongi’s shoulders desperately. “You resigned? You won’t be returned as Gloss anymore? Why—”

Yoongi’s pupil dilated in surprise, “What are you talking about? I didn’t—”

“But it’s all over the media! Your management said—”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait! Stop!” Namjoon stops shaking Yoongi’s shoulders but he doesn’t let go of it. “What are you saying? I still have two years left on the contract!”

“But!” His anguish of the news left him hurts, seriously, but Yoongi seems doesn’t comprehend him at all. “The media said you’re resigned!”

Yoongi blinks, both confused and annoyed before snaps, “Nonsense! I didn’t—” before he even has finished his sentence, his phone rings. “Wait.” He immediately fishes out his phone out of his doctor’s suit and let go of Namjoon’s arms, answering the phone although he still looks annoyed. “Hello?”

Namjoon eavesdrops with lean his ears beside Yoongi’s phone but the older man immediately shoves him off.

Tsk.

He has no choice but observes Yoongi’s facial expression to understand what’s going on.

At first Yoongi appeared calm and collected—by the way he speaks politely and asked what’s exactly going on, Namjoon guessed it must be from his management—but after a few minutes Yoongi listening over the phone, the older man suddenly snaps, “What do you mean?! It’s one-sided! I didn’t remember I even agree to this!”

So that means Yoongi even doesn’t know what’s going on.

“PD-nim, I know you scared of my father, but that doesn’t mean you could easily agree to nullify my contract!”

What?

“You can’t do this to me—listen to me! Hello? Hello?!” Yoongi exasperatedly calls out the other line but it seems like his PD is hanging up. “Damn!” Yoongi immediately typing something fast on his phone and turns his head to Namjoon. “Yah, call Seokjin-hyung here.”

“Huh?” Why him?

“Don’t huh me! Go to the faculty office and ask Seokjin-hyung to meet me! Now!” Namjoon fails to grasp the situation but he immediately nods and dashes out to the faculty office on the first floor.

He never saw Yoongi that panicked before.

Luckily Seokjin still there when Namjoon arrived, looked like he is preparing to go home when he noticed the younger male was there; all panting and mess yet his eyes on him. For anybody who looks Namjoon in that situation must be automatically throws him a frown since that’s weird; autumn even not over yet he sweating crazily.

Seokjin still approaches and asks kindly although his frown clearly noticeable, “What’s wrong, Kim Namjoon?”

“Min-seosaengnim asked you to go to the infirmary, now.”

“Why?”

Namjoon looks around to make sure nobody listen to them before he whispers, “His father’s doing something about his other career.” Seokjin a bit tensed, like he already predicts what comes next. “He forced the management to nullify Min-seosaengnim’s contract.”

Seokjin frowns, “You serious?” Namjoon furiously nods. “What is Yoongi doing right now then?”

“I think he is trying to call someone.”

“… let’s go then.”

Namjoon immediately nods and following the older man behind, right to the infirmary. There so many thoughts randomly pops out on his brain right now, but he still doesn’t get Yoongi’s recent problem at all.

Why his father despised Yoongi’s career that much?


Yoongi finally calm after he spat everything about the situation, with Namjoon in charge of guarding the door in case someone will overheard their conversation. At first Seokjin is in disbelief when Yoongi told that he contacted his mother a while ago and she said his father is serious to stop his rapper life, but after Namjoon explained that Gloss’ resigned news were all over the media, he finally believes him and asked the rapper to calm down.

Namjoon feels he shouldn’t interfere them but Yoongi asked him to stay.

“Did uncle say anything about your injury?” Yoongi weakly shakes his head. Seokjin immediately snaps in disbelief. “What? I thought he already did so I let it go!”

“Maybe he didn’t know.” Yoongi hangs his head low; he doesn’t seem he wants to believe this situation either. “Or he thinks I’ll return home because of this.” He lifts his left arm who still bandaged up to the air, shows it to Seokjin.

Seokjin scoffs, “You’re not that weak.”

Yoongi shrugs, but his expression is somehow unreadable to Namjoon. “I know, but you know my father.”

But Namjoon didn’t and it infuriating him.

The oldest man amongst them finally sighs, seems lost on the thought of the problem. All of them don’t move even an inch—everyone but Namjoon ponders on how this could happen without their consent, without any compromise nor notice. It hurts to see Yoongi so broken but it angers Namjoon that the older male somehow put air around him that he can’t count himself down on this.

He feels useless to be there.

Namjoon still lean his back on the slide door when Seokjin finally flit troubled look and says “I’ll try something out.” and walks out of the infirmary, leave Yoongi still relentlessly out of it. He moves to give Seokjin a way, but immediately return and closes the door after the Literature teacher out.

He still doesn’t want to leave Yoongi yet.

“You’re not leaving?” the way Yoongi asked is normal, but somehow Namjoon feels offended.

“You really want me to?” Namjoon asks him back, trying to figure if he really is a nuisance right now.

Yoongi hesitantly shakes his head before he waves his right hand, asks Namjoon to come closer. He doesn’t say much and obediently sit on his usual desk, waiting for the older man to speak. The older man’s body finally turns on him, face him with lightly bites his lips of anxiety; and it worries Namjoon.

It must be a big shock for Yoongi because of his father’s unexpected moves.

“Do you think it’s weird of me to feels betrayed because of this?” was the first question Yoongi asked after he faced Namjoon for around five minutes. Namjoon immediately shakes his head. “You don’t?”

“Well, that’s…” Namjoon glances on Yoongi’s reddened lips because the older man bites it too long before shakes his head for the second time and says, “Because it’s a common sense?”

Yoongi sighs, “Yeah, common sense it is.” He slumps his head on the table and stares Namjoon intensely after he twigs why he is here. “Yah, the class has already started, right? Why are you here?”

Namjoon frowns, “You don’t want me to be here?”

“No, it’s not like that.” Yoongi pulls his left hand to Namjoon for no reason. “In this kind of situation you supposed to leave me alone so I can collect myself, isn’t it?”

“But I worried about you.” Namjoon says sincerely while gently reaches Yoongi’s fingers, trying to be careful to not move it too much since it’s still not fully healed. “And I think you need someone to comfort you.”

Yoongi falls silent and let his fingers being soothed while his eyes stays on Namjoon, giving him soft stares that speaks bunch of meanings and he understands it, strangely, and the younger male just gives him a smile.

It says thanks.


Hoseok came to the infirmary with Namjoon’s bag on his hand when Yoongi isn’t facing him.

At first Namjoon already smiles mischievously when Hoseok realized that Yoongi was in front of him and stands gaping behind the slides door, but suddenly frowns when the older male silently points his index finger on him, mimicking ask why Yoongi is like that.

Instead of answering, he blinks while moves his chin, sending signals to Hoseok to come closer to him so he can understand. Hoseok steps closer though, but he still frowns before he asks in a low voice, “Is he asleep?”

“Kind of.” Namjoon tilts his head while he gently let go of Yoongi’s fingers. “Let’s go home.” Hoseok nods while he curiously stares at Yoongi’s sleeping face. Namjoon grabs any sheet of empty paper around the table before quickly leave a note so Yoongi wouldn’t be too panic when he found no one after he woke up; in case the older man probably searches him.

Better safe than sorry.

After Namjoon checked the infirmary and makes sure everything is in right orders—and double-checked that he already put a blanket on Yoongi, he goes home with Hoseok—the older male asks him to eat together since it is Namjoon’s day off, and he never say no for foods.

They make a quick stop on street foods around their school before completely stopped at park near Hoseok’s house, planning to eat the foods they bought there while chats about anything that comes to their mind. Hoseok tells Namjoon how his date with Taehyung went, but he can’t stop laughing when he is telling about how his younger brother looks so nervous even when he just offered him an ice cream.

Hoseok howls with a laughter when he remembered what kind of face Taehyung made on that time—he said he feels like looked a lost puppy on him.

“Don’t bully him too much.” Namjoon shoves Hoseok’s mouth with a stick of odeng.

“But he’s too cute!”

“He’ll scared of you for real if you keep bullying him.”

Hoseok mischievously winks at Namjoon, “He won’t.” Instead feigns barf, Namjoon shoves Hoseok’s mouth with another stick of odeng which happily accepted by the older male.

Namjoon then told everything about what happened at the infirmary although skipped a scene about the holding Yoongi’s fingers thing; Hoseok doesn’t really ask although he knew the older male saw it. He brags about how he could get Yoongi’s signature mixtapes with a smug smile too, which Hoseok responds him with purely surprised and asks the proofs—he immediately shows it with photos on his phone.

A low voice of pure adoration comes out of Hoseok’s lips.

“But you know,” Namjoon returned the topic on Yoongi’s recent problem. “To nullifying Min-seosaengnim’s contract that easily—that’s sick.”

Hoseok still bites the used odeng stick but he replies anyway, “Basically, though, it would be easy if his father’s that prestigious.”

“You knew him?” He rather surprised that Hoseok knew who Yoongi’s father is. Hoseok only answers with a mischievous smile that soon howls in laughter when Namjoon clearly pissed off with his response. "I'm dead serious here!"

Hoseok still laughs, though. “So am I.”

“Jung Hoseok.”

“Okay, dude, chill.” Hoseok immediately stops Namjoon who about to hit him. "I knew that his father is a professor long time ago; Gloss often mentioned him on his early debut.” Namjoon's hand still hangs on air. “You just started to be his fans two years ago, right? Of course you wouldn't know.”

“Did he?”

“I have the video though.” Hoseok fishes his phone out of the pocket and tapping the screen on the gallery icon before he taps the triangle-shaped icon and shows it to Namjoon. “There.”

The screen appears with younger Yoongi who began to deliver his final speech—Namjoon guessed because the sounds around him sounded disappointed that the show will be ended—with a big satisfaction smile plastered on his face, clearly satisfied with the concert.

“He looks really young.” Namjoon exclaims.

Hoseok gives him a look before scowls, “Dude, of course he is. He is still twenty years old when the video was taken.”

Namjoon ignores Hoseok’s scowl and his attention turns to his phone, watching Yoongi who already in the middle of his last speech. The rapper did mention his father’s name on credits, with a fresh smile on his face. Later, he mentioned him once again that because of him, Yoongi was able to stand on that stage, with a proud smile on his face.

After all of these phases, after what Yoongi has been through, no wonder he would feel betrayed after he heard the news and the nullified contract without him knowing.

The screen turned off after he let it on after the video ended, turned into standby mode. Hoseok immediately put his phone back and says “Although I believe he stopped mentioned his father three years ago, though.” which makes Namjoon suddenly turns his body on him and put his hands on Hoseok’s shoulder. “Whoa, whoa, man, what is it?”

“Hoseok.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you want to make Gloss return to his stage again?”


* Suga's rap on 'Just One Day'

hello there! took you long enough to wait this fic, don't you? i'm sorry!! T T

actually, i was planning to make this fic until around 12k+ but my head can't wrap it up and it extended to almost 18k+! even i can't believe it by myself! O A O;;;; so i decided to make it into two parts and publish around half of it so it'll be easier for me to finish this TT v TT

tbh i didn't plan to bring suga's father in this fanfic but i think it's more heart-aching this way so.... yeah, sorry, but i like to torture characters. /rolls over (which actually i regretted a bit since it makes the branch of the story goes wide and it takes longer fic to explains everything happened but i really enjoyed it. idk why.)

part 2 will come soon! :)