Chapter Six: The Final Chapter

Chocolate Chip Cookies

After Jinyoung and Jaebum finished breakfast the rain had cleared up. It wasn’t sunny by any means but it was decent enough weather for Jaebum to leave with Nora. Each time he looked out the window however he ignored the silent sound of missing rain. Jaebum helped dry the breakfast dished as Jinyoung washed them. Both boys watched the television with Nora planted in Jaebum’s lap. They ignored the rest of the world until Jinyoung’s phone started ringing. Reaching inside his pocket, Jinyoung took out his cell phone and answered the call.

“Hey grandpa, are you enjoying your vacation?” Jinyoung said. Jaebum turned the television volume down to be polite as he waited for Jinyoung to finish his conversation.

“You wouldn’t believe who’s in my house right now grandpa….yes it’s the boy, the regular that comes in every morning for his black coffee.” Jaebum turned to look at Jinyoung and watched the boy smile at him.

“Yes Grandpa the cute one…yea Jaebum…now grandpa that’s scandalous! What kind of grandson do you think I am?”

Jaebum could feel his face getting hot from Jinyoung’s pointed stare and Jaebum gulped hard when Jinyoung reached over and drank from his coffee, the extra whipped cream that was on his lip.

“Ask him on a date? Oh I don’t know grandpa, do you think such an attractive guy would want to go out with me?”

Jaebum had to stop himself from nodding and focused on petting Nora. Jaebum however practically launched the kitten into the air when Jinyoung said,

“Oh yea he does look like he would be amazing in the bedroom.”

Nora hissed angrily before scampering off towards the kitchen. Jaebum felt bad for scaring her but it was Jinyoung’s fault! Jaebum followed the kitten and found her curled up on the counter on a pile of bread.

“Nora get down you’ll crush it.” Jaebum said reaching to pull the kitten away but was surprised himself when a pair of arms s their way around his waist.

“So I know this guy who is crazy attractive right?” Jinyoung said while he rested his head on Jaebum’s shoulder. “And this guy seems really scary sometimes but to me he’s really nice, he even saved a poor kitten.” Jinyoung said smiling down at Nora, his lips pressed into Jaebum’s skin for a quick kiss before he said, “I want to ask him out on a date but I don’t know what he’ll say. What do you think I should do?”  Jinyoung whispered. Turning around in Jinyoung’s arms Jaebum gave Jinyoung a proper kiss, placing his own hand on Jinyoung’s cheek.

“I think you should ask him, I have a really good feeling that he’d say yes.” Jaebum said softly.

“Well then…wanna go out with me some time Jaebum, savior of kittens and hater of sweet things.”

Laughing Jaebum said, “The answer is yes and for your information I don’t hate all sweet things, you’re pretty sweet and I like you.” Jaebum said kissing him again. Nora mewed loudly when they kissed and both boys smiled at her, Jaebum could get used to this he thought as he brought Jinyoung in for another kiss. Yea he definitely could.