Chapter Five: Pepper Mint Tea and Pancakes

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chapter Five: Pepper Mint Tea and Pancakes

 While Jinyoung was in the shower Jaebum walked over to the bedroom area. He had already sat Nora down onto a padded storage seat so that she could sleep soundly. Jaebum had just pulled the sheet back when Jinyoung walked back into the bedroom space. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist, water still dripping from his black hair that was hanging in his eyes just a bit. Jaebum’s eyes traced the lean muscle of Jinyoung’s chest and down to the subtle line of Jinyoung’s happy trail. Jaebum quickly turned his eyes away from the dripping wet boy. This was just sleeping over, nothing more.

“Sorry, I forgot to take a change of clothes to the bathroom,” Jinyoung said apologetically. Nodding Jaebum walked over to the bed, taking the side closest to the windowed wall. Sliding under to covers Jaebum faced away from Jinyoung, his eyes focused on the rain that was hitting the window.  

Jaebum listened to the shuffling of feet and the opening and closing of drawers before he felt the bed dip beside him and a body come close to his. Jinyoung didn’t actually touch Jaebum but he was close enough to have his breath dance across the skin behind his neck. Jaebum shivered a bit as he felt Jinyoung’s breath on him and it only got worse as the boy spoke, “Are you cold? I could grab more blankets, or turn the heat on?” Jinyoung asked softly. Jinyoung had already turned the lights off so the only thing visible were the flashes from the lighting outside.

“No I’m fine…let’s just go to sleep yea?” Jaebum said, gripping the sheets in front of him in a tight grip. Jinyoung didn’t respond to the boy but he did hear a loud yawn before the room got quiet. Closing his own eyes Jaebum tried to get some rest himself.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

            When Jaebum woke up the first thing he noticed was that he had to pee. The second thing he noticed was that the pressure on his stomach was making this worse. Pushing at the thing holding him down Jaebum tried to get up, but it just constricted against him more. Pulling on it Jaebum finally felt it release him before rolling out of bed and onto the floor with a thud.

            “Sorry….I probably should have warned you that I’m a cuddler.” Jinyoung said, his usually upbeat and cheerful voice now a deep, husky tone. Swallowing hard Jaebum said, “No it’s fine, I’m just going to go to the bathroom.” Jaebum said before retreating away from the boy.  

            Jaebum emptied his bladder first before splashing his face with water. Jaebum normally didn’t feel like this. He did not get flustered over a pretty face, even if it was an adorable face. Jaebum started to brush his teeth his finger to clean the morning breath away as best he could before Jinyoung came inside the bathroom. Reaching for the sink drawer he passed Jaebum a spare tooth brush. Smiling sheepishly Jaebum took it and washed his teeth properly. Both boys looked at each other awkwardly through the mirror before Jinyoung smiled at Jaebum, his toothpaste filled mouth foamy at the sides. Laughing a bit Jaebum and Jinyoung both laughed as the finished and exited the room. Nora was already in the kitchen mewing softly. Jinyoung was quick to fetch the girl some milk before turning to ask, “Tea?”  

            “Um yes, that would be nice thank you.” Jaebum said before petting Nora who was on top of the kitchen table lapping up her milk. Jaebum couldn’t help but watch as Jinyoung moved around the kitchen, using this and that to prepare his tea. Jaebum seemed to zone out however, because the next thing he knew he could smell the strong scent of peppermint and could feel the soft brush of lips as Jinyoung leaned down to kiss Jaebum. Jaebum blinked stupidly at the male while Jinyoung softly said, “Your tea is ready.” Looking down at the cup and back to Jinyoung Jaebum reached out for it, nearly tipping to cup over and startling Nora.

            “Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.” Jinyoung said shrugging before walking over to the stove. “Pancakes?” He asked and all Jaebum could do was nod. When the boy turned away Jaebum’s fingers reached for his own lips. He kissed him…and he liked it. Jaebum turned his attention to Nora before whispering to the girl, “I think I just got myself into trouble.”