I'm Single

The 'Single' Love Expert(?)

Hey y'all! This here is my first story. I don't know whether it's good or not. Cuz judging the story is practically your job. I'm just a writer

 

This story was inspired by something that literally happened to me in the Roleplaying world (there's no need for K-dramas if you have an RP). But not all of it. Only 80% of it. Hope you like it.

 

Happy reading!

 

~oOo~

 

Saturday, 23:15 PM

 

PING!!!

 

The sound of a phone ringing attracted the tall boy with panda-like eyes to get off his bed and walk towards his table. As he got there, he picked up his phone, to see a message on his screen. Opening the message, he realizes that it was from his best friend, Baekhyun.

 

"You busy right now?"

 

With his phone in his hand, Tao laid on his bed, surrounded by the messy junk in his dark room, and began to type a text message back to him.

 

"Not really. I actually don't have much for me to do right now. Why?"

 

Tao tapped his fingers on the bed as he waited for his friend to text back to him. It only took a few minutes for him to answer.

 

"Dude, you have no idea of what Chanyeol did! It's so sweet!"

 

Rolling his eyes, Tao tried to think of what to answer back. Sure, Baekhyun was his best friend, and that he was someone who he could absolutely rely on, but when it came to Bakehyun talking about his boyfriend, Chanyeol, again, Tao felt a tiny bit upset. Why?

 

Because he felt left out.

 

Tao always felt like this. Most of the people around him had their own couples. Baekhyun had Chanyeol and his older brother Henry had Taemin. The only person who had the same status as him was his younger sister, Lee Hi (or he likes to call her Angel). They were the only ones single in their family.

 

"What did he do this time?" Was what he typed. Tao waited for Baekhyun to text back.

 

PING!!!

 

"What the hell?" Tao widened his eyes to see that Baekhyun sent him back an entire book (Tao, stop being so sarcastic-_-). 

 

"Okay, so you know how I said that I thought Chanyeol wasn't caring for me, and that he had no time for me, and that I was thinking of dumping him? Well, it turns out that he did that for me! All that time he used, he was actually preparing our one month anniversary together. So this morning, when I woke up, I got a text from him, and he told me to..." Blahblahblah... Tao was a bit too lazy to read the entire text, so all he basically did was scroll to the very end of it, which obviously said, "I love him so much".

 

Tao sighed as he read that last part. He doesn't have a boyfriend, nevertheless a girlfriend. He's never dates anyone ever in his life. Don't get him wrong. He's always loves the thought of romance, he's even known as a love expert to his friends. He was the one who got Baekhyun and Chanyeol together (after several fails though). He got his Henry-gege back together with Taemin after they broke up. He was the one who helped Lee Hi cope after she lost her boyfriend. Not to mention many other friends he had.

 

So is it possible for a love expert to never experience the love from a couple?

 

Apparently, yes. Cause that's what Tao's going through.

 

"That so sweet of him" was all Tao texted back. It was a good thing that Baekhyun couldn't see him, because if he did, Baekhyun would start worrying for him, and that was the last thing that Tao wanted.

 

PING!!!

 

"Hey, have you ever thought of getting a boyfriend?"

 

Tao choked on his own air as he read Baekhyun's text. What's this all about now?

 

"What?"

 

PING!!!

 

"Get a boyfriend. Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards"

 

Tao thought for a moment. A boyfriend? He's never even had a girlfriend, and now Baekhyun was telling him to get a boyfriend? Should he? Would he?

 

"Hmm.. Idk dude, maybe later"

 

BLEEP!

 

Tao turned off his phone, and let his thoughts wander around like mad. Get a boyfriend? Really? He was fine with his life right now. Sure he felt lonely sometimes when everyone around him were all lovey dovey with their couples, but should that be an excuse for him to get his own couple?

 

We'll see what Tao's decision is tomorrow in the morning...

 

~oOo~

 

Sunday, 7:30 PM

 

"Angel! Come on and keep up with me!"

 

"Aah oppa! Can't we rest for a minute? We've ran 2 kilometers non-stop! I don't think I can ing take this anymore!!!"

 

"Come on ngel. I think there's a nearby cafe where we can rest and have breakfast. I'll pay"

 

"Pfff... Fiiiine. But can't we at least walk there instead of run there?"

 

"Tsk... Sure". Tao waited for his little sister to finally jog towards himself and the two of them started walking.

 

It was a normal thing for Lee Hi and Tao to go on morning walks together. They would always do it every Sunday. But every time they do their weekly routine, Tao would always tease his little sister. Most of the time, he would just leave her stranded, but he would never take it too far. He could never do that to his little sister.

 

The duo walked as they got to the cafe Tao was talking about. The two entered as they chose a seat near the window. The two of them looked through their menus, until Lee Hi suddenly saw something (or someone) that caught her eyes, just outside the cafe.

 

"Oh no... Nonononono...." She muttered as she started to cover her face with her menu.

 

"Angel, what's wrong?"

 

"It's him...". Hearing the unclear sentence which his sister spoke to him, he was still quite confused.

 

"Who?"

 

"Sngunopa"

 

"What?"

 

"Sngunopa!"

 

"Angel, stop muttering and spit it out already"

 

"SEUNGHOON-OPPA!!". It was in a split second. One moment, she was sitting in her chair, across from Tao, the next thing you know, she was already hiding under the table, trying to be as invisible as she could.

 

"Seunghoon? You mean your ex?"

 

"YES!!!!" Lee Hi peeked from under the table, only to see Seunghoon walk into the cafe. She felt herself tremble as he sat in a table that wasn't so far away from her own.

 

"Oppa, I really really gotta get out of here. Can we go somewhere else?"

 

"Aww... Come on ngel. I already ordered. And I'm too lazy to move right now"

 

"Oppaaa!!"

 

"Angeel...!"

 

"Ugh! Fine, can I go home first? You can wait for your ing food by yourself"

 

"Hmmf... Fine, but go straight home. If anything happens to you, just remember that mom will blame me in the end, and I don't want that"

 

"Yes! Okay, fine! See you later oppa, Bye!"

 

Tao watched as he saw his little sister walk out the cafe door. He really feels sorry for her. In his eyes, he feels as if it was his fault that his sister is hurting.

 

Because he was the one that got Lee Hi and Seunghoon together.

 

He thought that Seunghoon was a nice guy, but then something happened between them, and he doesn't even know what it is. Lee Hi wouldn't tell him, and that really bothered him.

 

Tao was so lost in his own mind, he didn't even realize that someone was now sitting in the seat his sister sat in a few minutes ago.

 

"You come here alone?"

 

Tao finally snapped back into reality when he heard the man speak to him. 

 

"Um, I was here with my sister, but she had to go home first"

 

"Oh, well, do you mind if I join you here then?"

 

Tao looked at the man in front of him. Afterwards, he simply gave him a nod as his answer. The man in front of him did nothing but smile.

 

"By the way, my name is Jongin. Kim Jongin. But you can call me Kai. It's what my friends call me"

 

Tao smiled, and gave him yet again another smile. "My name's Huang Zi Tao. Just call me Tao"

 

The two of them talked as they started to get to know each other. They didn't even realize the time that went by as they exchanged information about each other. Soon enough, they were as close as friends, or maybe even closer. Tao looked at his watch, and that was when he finally realized that it was already 11.20 AM. He had been in there for nearly four hours. 

 

"Um hey, Kai, I'm really sorry, but I think I have to go now. My family's probably worried of me by now"

 

"Oh sure. But before you go, can I have your number?"

 

"Oh yeah. Okay then, here it's 0888-3T40- P4ND4(?)"

 

"Okay then, here's my number. 0214-K4MM-J0N6(?)"

 

"Okay then. Thanx Kai"

 

"Sure thing panda" Kai gave Tao a wink before he left, and that did nothing but make Tao stutter. Did he have a crush on Kai?

 

~oOo~

 

KRIING!!!

 

Tao felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket. He quickly took out his phone to check who the caller was. Viewing the screen on his iPhone, it was none other than his older brother, Henry.

 

"Hello?"

 

"TAOZI! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??! MOM IS WORRIED SICK OF YOU!!"

 

"Okaay! Gege, calm down. I was just eating at the cafe near the park. I somewhat lost track of time"

 

"Well hurry up and get your back home!"

 

"Alright alright, jeez, I'm on my way home anyways"

 

"Good. Huh? What is it?" Hearing the words which came out of his older brother, he pretty much assumes that he was talking to someone else there.

 

"What? But I just bought some for you this morning... Huh? Seriously? Uugh... Fine"

 

"Gege, what is it?"

 

"Tao, do you mind doing me a favor?"

 

"Of course not. What is it?"

 

"Can you stop by the supermarket and buy some banana milk?"

 

"Whaa.. Oh wait, lemme guess. It's Taem-ge, isn't it?"

 

"Yeah... Can you do it?"

 

"Pshk... Sure"

 

"Thank you sooo much Taozi! What would I do without you!!"

 

"You would be a mess without me"

 

"Hey! To be honest, YOU'RE the one who's messy. Check out your room"

 

"Pff... Okay, fine. Bye ge"

 

"Bye Tao"

 

Tao sighed as he walked himself to the supermarket for his Taem-ge's banana milk. As he walked in, he felt the cool breeze of the chilled room touch his skin.

 

Without any other thoughts, he went over to the dairy section to get what he needed to retrieve, only to find that the banana milk was all out.

 

"What? Seriously?"

 

"Can I help you sir?" A shopkeeper came by Tao to see if there was anything he could help the tall man with.

 

"Is there anymore banana milk? Maybe in the back?"

 

"I'm sorry, but a Chinese man bought the almost the entire stock just this morning. The remaining were sold out just this morning"

 

"Uuuugghh... Gege told me to buy something he already finished"

 

The shopkeeper left Tao to browse around the market, probably trying to find something similar to banana milk, but is there?

 

"Here..."

 

Tao was startled by a low tone voice right behind him. He quickly spun around, seeing a tall man standing in front of him, holding a carton of banana milk. He widened his eyes as his hand reached out for it.

 

"Th..thank you, but... How'd you know that I needed this?"

 

"I was simply eavesdropping your conversation with the shopkeeper earlier"

 

"Hey, but if you have this, wouldn't that mean that you were about to buy it?"

 

"Well, I was, but seeing how you desperately needed it, I thought I should give it to you"

 

"Aw, but I don't feel quite right about this. It's yours, and..."

 

"It was mine, and I can do anything I want with it. That includes giving it you, umm..." The tall man gave Tao a look in the eye, and as if he were sending him messages through his mind, Tao understood that he wanted his name.

 

"Tao, my name is Huang Zi Tao. And you?"

 

"My name is Wu Yi Fan, but everyone calls me Kris"

 

"Wu Yi Fan? Are you Chinese?"

 

"Shi (yes)"

 

"Wow, same like me, gege". Tao couldn't help but blush. He only saw Kris this one time, and he felt like they suddenly connected.

 

Tao smiled when he saw the banana milk in his hands. He looked at Kris, and he doesn't know why, but his eyes start to wander down to Kris's hands, remembering the cool smooth feeling he had felt when Kris handed the milk to him.

 

That's when Tao made a mistake.

 

He doesn't know why, but when he looked at Kris's hand, his eyes accidentally slipped and looked at the object in between Kris's legs. Tao didn't even understand why he looked there in the first place. Feeling embarrassed, Tao quickly covered his cheeks, trying to cover up his bright pink blush, and looked in another direction, hoping Kris didn't notice.

 

"Hmm... Interesting..." Kris smirked as he stepped closer towards Tao. Tao widened his eyes as he felt the space between them start to vanish. Flustering, Tao began to step backwards, but his actions did nothing but excite Kris even more.

 

"K..Kris... W..what are you doing?"

 

"Nothing, just approaching an adorable yet naughty little panda..."

 

Before he knew it, Tao felt the cold wall against his back. This gave Kris the opportunity to finally get the Chinese man in front of him. Tao felt uneasy when Kris placed both hands on either side of himself, locking him in between his arms.

 

"K..Kris-ge!"

 

"What were you looking at earlier?"

 

"I..um.. I was looking at...um... Your.. Your hand!" Hearing Tao's statement, Kris leaned in closer, till they were only inches away. Tao was so tensed, he felt a shiver go down his spine. His hand were shaking so hard, he dropped the banana milk. But before it hit the ground, Kris quickly kneeled down and caught it. With the position that the two were in, Tao blushed even more. Kris was basically staring at Tao's... "that"...

 

Seeing the facial expression which Tao gave, the elder curled the edges of his lips, showing off a naughty and y grin. Kris had the urge to maybe give Tao a bit of pleasure, but before he could, they were both disturbed by a voice behind them.

 

"Ehem..." Kris and Tao turned, to see an old lady staring at them with a scary glare behind her glasses. She looked so terrifying, Kris's dirty ideas all suddenly vanished as he stood up and handed Tao back the banana milk.

 

Tao hesitated, but took the banana milk anyways.

 

"Gomawo, gege". Tao quickly gave Kris a quick bow and headed for the cashier. After paying, he walked out of the supermarket and was about to head home, until a voice shouted out to him.

 

"Tao!!!"

 

Tao turned around to see the same guy that was about to do him in the supermarket just moments ago.

 

"What is it?"

 

"You forgot this" Kris said, as he held Tao's phone in his hand.

 

"What the- how'd you get that?" Tao yelled as he ran towards Kris, snatching away his phone back.

 

"My 'hands' simply found it in your pocket" Kris deepened his tone when he said the word hands, hoping he would get what Kris was trying to say. Tao blushed. He did.

 

"But that's called stealing! You can't take away my phone that way!!"

 

"Hmf... Whatever... See you later, y panda"

 

Tao quickly turned away and ran as fast as he could. He didn't want Kris to see the red blush he had on his face.

 

Kris chuckled as he saw Tao run away like that.

 

'Cute'

 

~oOo~

 

Tao laid on his bed, with his mind not clear. He's been getting massive headaches. What should he do?? Turning on his phone, he quickly dialed a certain number. 0834-B4EK-HYUN(??)

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yo Baek, I got a problem..."

 

"What is it? Did you get a couple like I told you to?"

 

"Well, I'm somewhat in the process of that..."

 

"REALLY? TELL ME!!! WHAT WAS HE LIKE? OR MAYBE SHE?"

 

"Well... Which one do you want me to tell you about?"

 

"Wait... What? Whatdya mean by that?"

 

"Well..."

 

"Wait, don't tell me... Did you..."

 

"Fall in love with two guys? Then the answer is yes-_-"

 

To Be Continued...

 

Hello people!!!! Peachy here! I finally finished the first chapter. I hope you like it, and I gotta remind you, the entire plot of the story is based on what happened to me in RP while I was acting as Tao...

 

Please leave a comment, but if you can, don't comment anything bad, cuz if you do, it'll only discourage me to keep writing... Hope you understand... 

 

Love you guys!

~Peachy~