Its My Mission To Protect You

Seventeen One Shots~ UPDATE! REQUEST OPENED!!!

Featuring Yoon JeongHan & OC Kim YeonHee.

YeonHee P.O.V

I was at home with grandpa and he was the chief of the village. I was watching TV with him and we were enjoying each other’s company. I lived with grandpa ever since I was born since my parents died in an accident. I decided to go out and look at the village to make sure everyone was ok since we were a small village. I passed by a house of 4 and they were in the garden playing around. The man and wife were chasing their children and when they saw me they called to me.

Man: Oh~ YeonHee-ah~ Nice to see you out here *smiles*

Woman: *chuckles* Kids, say hi to YeonHee noona

Kids: Annyeong noona *bows*

Me: Annyeong~ *waves* I was just walking around since grandpa was having a little flu. *smiles* I’ll get going now~ See you folks~ Bye kids *flashes eye smile*

They waved and continued playing. I walked around and everyone seemed fine. I walked back home and when I reached, there was a black car waiting outside of grandpa’s house. I was worried so I went inside. I saw no one in the living room and I was even more worried. I then heard people’s voices in the backyard and silently walked over there. I saw 2 men standing there with grandpa talking. I eavesdropped on their conversation and heard what they said.

Man1: We need the heir back… the company is going down without an authority there!! The Government is going to shut us down if we don’t have the heir to keep it running!

Grandpa: But she is just a teenager! An 18 year old teenager! If you bring her back now how is she going to do anything? Plus who knows if someone is out there to attack her like how they did to her parents?! I won’t let that happen!!

Man1: Which is why I hired the best bodyguard of all Korea to protect her while she’s there… Please… we don’t have much time… We need YeonHee!!

I opened the door and everyone had their eyes on me. I walked over to them with a shocked face and stood in front of grandpa. Tears were flowing and I was really confused now. Was I living my life in a lie?! What is going on? Who are these people? What do they want from me? All these questions were in my mind but the most important one was who am I?

Me: Anyone mind telling me what’s going on?

Man1: Let me introduce myself… I’m Yoon KiYoung, your father’s secretary and body guard when he was still alive. This young man is Yoon JeongHan, your personal body guard I hired. You need to head back to the city with us now before the Government shuts your father’s company down…  

Me: Stop, please… Why are you guys here? Who am I? I thought my parents died in an accident in the village?! *panics*

KiYoung: Apparently, that was what master told me to tell Mr. Kim here to tell you before he died. *sighs* But actually your parents were killed by the rival company’s assassins.

Me: What…? *sobs* so you are here to bring me back to the company…?

KiYoung: *nods*

Me: This is all too sudden… I… I’m not prepared… *sniffs*

JeongHan: Don’t worry, I’ll guide you through it *smiles* Yoon JeongHan is my name *smiles*

Me: But… I wasn’t raised to be a CEO of a company… *sniffs*

KiYoung: Which is why JeongHan is here. He will be with you to guide you and protect you if the assassins come back…

JeongHan: Neh!

Me: But…

KiYoung: Please master… if you don’t a lot will lose their jobs and money… I beg you master… *bows 90 degrees*

Me: *gasp* Please don’t… I will go but please… *sniffs* Just tell me what to do…

KiYoung: The Government sent us a form about having the heir as CEO and we need your thumbprint. We need to go now…

Me: Alright… Take care grandpa… *hugs grandpa*

Grandpa: Alright sweetie… I love you…

I went with them and JeongHan was helping me into the car. I sat with him and KiYoung sat in front. I was so scared yet confused. Just 5 seconds ago I was a normal granddaughter of a village chief and now I am the new CEO for a big company… JeongHan patted my shoulder and smiled. I lightly smiled back and we reached the building. It was a tall and big building and we went into a conference room. I saw a lot of reporters and I was starting to get nervous. We all sat down and JeongHan was standing behind me.

KiYoung: Alright, just print your thumbprint here for now.

I printed it and wiped my thumb. Reporters took pictures and shot me with questions. I was confused and flustered from the sudden questions and JeongHan noticed it. He helped me reject the questions and we went out from the conference room. The reporters followed and were clinging onto us. One even cut through my shirt just to hold me still and ask questions. My arm was bleeding and JeongHan knocked the person off. We got into the car and went on our way.

JeongHan: let me see your arm.

Me: Its alright *chuckles*

JeongHan: Just let me *pouts*

Me: *giggles* Arraseo…

I showed him the cut and it was still bleeding. He took his handkerchief out and wiped it. I blushed and he helped me bandage it up. He even kissed it. I blushed harder and he just chuckled. We reached a luxurious apartment and I was really flustered. These places actually exists. JeongHan and KiYoung leaded me up stairs to my house and when I stepped in, all I could do was stare at awe.

It was so luxurious and modern. I had my personal hot water bath, personal room, personal studio, personal closet and a huge living room. The kitchen was luxurious and the fridge was filled with food. My closet was filled with clothes and I just cocked my head at the 2 men. KiYoung just lightly smiled and JeongHan was chuckling. It was all so new to me and I was really amazed.

KiYoung: Mistress, JeongHan here will be with you 24/7 and he has a room of his own beside yours if you need him just give him a call *smiles*

Me: What about you?

KiYoung: I live right above you *chuckles* I’ll get going now *smiles*

He went out and I was left with JeongHan. We shrugged and sat down in the huge living room. It was quite awkward and I was really shy with new people. We both turned to each other at the same time and I blushed since he was good looking.

JeongHan: So… um… How old are you?

Me: I’m born in 1997 so 18… *chuckles*

JeongHan: Oh~ I’m 1995 so I’m 20 this year *smiles*

Me: No way! So young? Aren’t you supposed to be in like University?

JeongHan: *chuckles* I am, but my father decided I join him with this business thing *sighs*

Me: Wait KiYoung is your father?! OMG He looks so young!!

JeongHan: Yeap~ *chuckles* He is only 38 and yea he looks young *shakes head*

Me: Whoa~~ Fascinating…

JeongHan: Cute *pinch YeonHee’s cheeks*

Me: *blush*

JeongHan: You go and wash up, I’ll make dinner *chuckles*

Me: Gomawo~

I went to shower and looked at my closet. They were all nice dresses and skirts. I sighed since I wasn’t raised to wear these high classed clothing. I dug around and found some pink pyjamas. I wore them and went out with a messy bun. JeongHan was wearing an apron and he was cooking. I observed his back view and his long hair was mesmerizing. I chuckled and he finished cooking.

JeongHan: I’m handsome right? *chuckles*

Me: *blush* Um… *clears throat*

He chuckled and left 2 plates of Spaghetti on the table with 2 glasses of wine. We both sat face to face and luckily grandpa taught me how to eat like a lady. We starting eating and it was awkward. I was suffocating from the awkwardness and finally had the courage to ask him a question.

Me: JeongHan… Can you tell me everything you know…? About my parents, their company, and their lives and about the assassins…?

JeongHan: *swallows* Well, I only know briefly… Your parents were successful in making this company and they used everything they had to make it like how it is today… When your mother gave birth to you, they treasured you like their how they treasured this company. Suddenly, the company’s rival attacked the building one day and your father ordered my father to bring you to the small village. That time I was only 2 and I was with my mother. The assassins were hired because the company’s rivals were jealous that we made more money than them. They planned to kill your parents and stop everything. Fortunately my father knew how to keep this company going. One day when my father was discussing about you, the spies heard it and my father you sense that they were going to go after you, which is why I am here *peace sign*

Me: Sorry for taking your freedom… *sulks*

JeongHan: You don’t have to be sorry YeonHee-ah, actually I wanted to do this, after my mother passed away because of cancer, I always followed my dad and I found that this business thing was interesting *chuckles* I learnt a lot from him. Now I’m here to teach you~ *pinch YeonHee cheeks* Just to let you know, I’m pretty good at fighting so you don’t have to worry about the assassins J Yoon JeongHan doesn’t die easily *winks*

Me: *blush* Thanks…

We finished eating and he did the dishes while I wiped the table. We both sat down on the couch and watched TV. I snuggled up with him and felt all tingly inside. I looked up to him and my heart was racing. Is this love? I’ve never fell in love before in my whole life…

JeongHan: I am handsome aren’t I *chuckles*

Me: *blush* Mian…

JeongHan: *chuckles*

We turned the TV off and went to our bedrooms. I went to sleep on my bed. Out of the blue in the middle of the night, I was sleeping soundly when suddenly I could feel coldness coming in. My room door was open. I cocked my head and got up. Suddenly someone slit my ankle and I fell down screaming. I turned back and saw a guy in black with a dagger. I was scared so I screamed. He was ready to stab me when suddenly the light went on. JeongHan came in with a gun and I was really scared now.

JeongHan: Who do we have here…? *smirk*

Assassin: You are no match against me…

JeongHan: We’ll see… Now, I’ll give you 3 seconds to move away from her or you’ll be seeing blood…

Assassin: You wish!

JeongHan: Alright, blood it is…

The assassin ran to him and JeongHan gave him a punch. I was crying due to the trauma and pain in my ankle. JeongHan succeeded and the assassin ran out from the house. JeongHan came to me and hugged me. I was crying hard and he was calming me down. My ankle was hurting like hell and he helped me with the wound. I hissed due to the sting and he helped me wrap up my leg with bandage. I was still in trauma and he hugged me. I calmed down and he my hair.

JeongHan: I’m here… It’s alright now

Me: *sniffs* you must be careful when fighting…

JeongHan: I will, it is my job to protect you YeonHee-ah…

Me: Don’t leave me… *sobs*

JeongHan: I won’t… *sighs in relief* *hugs tighter* Want me to stay with you?

Me: *nods*

We slept and he was hugging me the whole night.

Soon months passed and I was really close with JeongHan and his father, I had a crush on JeongHan but he doesn’t know... JeongHan also taught me a lot about the business and I really thanked him. Today I had a day off and as usual JeongHan was beside me all the time. I stayed at home and sat on the huge balcony listening to music. JeongHan came with 2 glasses of wine and we sat down together. We could see the beach and the view was epic. I smiled and so did JeongHan. Out of nowhere, KiYoung came in and he was wearing very casually. Don’t get me wrong, I do respect him but he kept on telling me to call him by his name and JeongHan approved.

KiYoung: Yah~ Hey, let’s go to the beach~~ Go get changed now~!

We both smiled and went to get changed. After changing, we ran to the beach and I was really having a fun time. JeongHan set up the beach towels and umbrellas with KiYoung and I helped with the beverages. We relaxed and had a sun bath together. After 1 hour, KiYoung carried JeongHan to the sea and dropped him into the water. I laughed along with them and JeongHan was soaking wet. He pulled his father in and they were both wet. I chuckled and suddenly thought of my parents. I wish I could play with them like that.

While I was in my thoughts, the father and son carried me and threw me into the water. I was shocked and flustered. I wanted to get revenge and I just splashed water at them. They laughed and we had a really fun time. JeongHan remembered I brought the water guns and went to go get it. He ran up to the shore and ran to our beach towels. I was watching him and suddenly there was a bang. JeongHan was shot on the shoulder. Men in black came out and was kicking and punching JeongHan.

KiYoung and I ran up and JeongHan was grunting. Afterwards the men in black had a gun pointed at JeongHan’s head. KiYoung pulled out a gun and I was worried of JeongHan. The men smirked and was ready to pull the trigger. I had to stop them.

Me: WAIT!! YOU CAN HAVE ME!! JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!! I’M THE ONE YOU WANT! NOT HIM!!

JeongHan: YeonHee-ah… Just let them kill me… *grunts* RUN!!

Me: No… I won’t let them kill you… Take me!! Leave him alone!!!

KiYoung: YeonHee…!!

Me: Its ok…

Man: Alright~ If you insist…

He came and grabbed my arm. He pulled me to his car and suddenly JeongHan came to stop him. The man pushed him and I broke free from the man. He had his gun pointed out and I squatted at JeongHan.

JeongHan: I’ll come save you… Wait for me… *pants* *groans*

Me: I will… *sobs*

JeongHan: *kisses YeonHee’s lips* I love you…

Me: I love you too…

The man dragged me and put me into the car. I was crying and couldn’t stop thinking of JeongHan.

End of YeonHee P.O.V

JeongHan P.O.V

I was helped by my father with the bullet and wound. It hurt but not as much as loosing YeonHee just now. I sighed and my father patted my back. He also sighed and we had to get YeonHee back.

Me: Appa… Please get YeonHee back… I beg you… *sobs*

KiYoung: I will JeongHan-ah…

Me: I can’t live without her… *cries*

KiYoung: I promise I will bring her back… and you are going to help me *smiles gently*

Me: *sniff*

We planned a plan and decided to give a fake letter to the enemy saying we forfeit the company. We sent it to them and they planned to have a secret meeting without the Government. We met up with them and they had YeonHee tied up on the chair. My father had men stay outside in case it gets bloody.

Man1: Well, who do we have here? *smirks* Guess you want your princess back huh…? *scoffs*

Me: Leave her alone you bastard!!

KiYoung: JeongHan… We’ve come to trade the company for YeonHee…

Man2: Oh~~ Give me the papers and I’ll give you the girl…

JeongHan: Give me the girl and I’ll give you the papers…

YeonHee: JeongHan…

They untied YeonHee and held her. I walked towards the men and we threw the things at once. I caught onto YeonHee and she was shivering. We had to get out of this place fast before they find out it was fake.

My father brought us out from the building and we could see our men. Suddenly we could hear men coming down from the stairs and we ran faster. I let YeonHee sit inside the car and I took out my gun ready to fight. She tugged on my shirt and I looked at her.

YeonHee: Don’t go… please…

Me: I’ll be back… just wait for me… *smiles*

YeonHee: but…

Me: I love you… *kiss YeonHee’s lips*

I ran to the scene and guns were shooting everywhere. I took cover and was shooting alongside with my father and his men. The enemy was losing and we kept on shooting until everyone was down. I was shot in the arm and I groaned. I used my left hand to shoot this time and I missed a few times.

Suddenly YeonHee came out with a gun and she shot a man down. I saw her and she was looking at me. A guy then shot her right in the chest and she fell down. I was shocked and I shot the man. My father came to YeonHee’s side and carried her to the car. I ran to the car and YeonHee was crying.

Me: Pabo!! Why did you do that?!

YeonHee: I couldn’t let them kill you… *cough*

KiYoung: Just hold on YeonHee-ah!! We’ll get you to the hospital!!

The driver was rushing and finally after 10 minutes we reached the hospital. I carried YeonHee regardless of my arm and shouted for a doctor. The doctor came out and brought YeonHee in for surgery. The nurse helped me and my father with our wounds and we waited for YeonHee outside the surgery room.

After 1 hour, the doctor came out and he came to us. I stood up and went over to him shooting him with thousands of questions. He told me to calm down and listen to what he has to say.

Doctor: The bullet was so close to the heart and fortunately we successfully took it out and stopped the bleeding. That’s the good thing, the bad thing is that she was having lack of blood. Don’t worry, a little rest and care is what she needs. *smiles*

Me: When will she wake up…?

Doctor: Maybe tomorrow. She needs good rest now and if tomorrow she wakes up, I will come and check on her once again…

The doctor walked away and we followed the nurse to YeonHee’s ward. We went inside and she was sleeping soundly. I went over to her and she had the oxygen mask on her. I sighed and sat beside her holding her hand.

KiYoung: JeongHan-ah, she’s fine now… Don’t worry anymore…

Me: I was so scared I’d lose her… *sighs*

KiYoung: You do love her huh?

Me: I do… I loved her ever since the man intruded our home… I needed to protect her… I want to protect her…

KiYoung: You did a great job son… *smiles*

My father patted my back and I smiled at him. He went home leaving me with YeonHee in the ward. I slept beside her holding her hand. The next morning, I woke up and saw YeonHee still sleeping. I went to wash my face and I saw some new clothes on the desk. It was from my father. I went to change into it and came back watching over YeonHee.

I sat beside her again and smiled at her gently. I held her hands and her hands were warm. I kissed it and it moved. I was shocked so I called in the doctor. They came in and took the mask off her.

Doctor: YeonHee-sshi, Can you hear me? If you can, please nod or shake your finger…

YeonHee opened her eyes and nodded weakly at the doctor. I thanked god and went over to her. She smiled softly at me and I smiled back and sighed in relief. The doctor checked on her and said that she was fine. They left and I went over to her sitting beside her. She held my hand and I kissed her hand.

YeonHee: JeongHan Oppa…

Me: Neh…? *smiles gently*

YeonHee: I don’t know if it was real but… I love you… If you can’t accept then its ok… *smiles weakly*

Me: *chuckles* Pabo… *pinch her cheeks softly* that’s what I was supposed to say… *giggles* I love you too…

YeonHee: Gomawoyo Oppa….

Me: For what…?

YeonHee: Protecting me… *smiles*

Me: It’s my mission *chuckles* and since now you’re my girl, I have to protect you *pinches her nose lightly*.

We both laughed and my father intruded the room. We smiled at him and he brought in some porridge to eat. We ate it happily and I helped YeonHee with everything…

THE END~