Two

Unexpectations

Two days later, I met up with Sujin after my last class to make each other company on the way home. 

       'pling'
       Sujin got a text. She dug around for a while in her bag to search for her phone and exclaimed an “Ah! There it is!” when she found it. With shaking hands she unlocked the screen to take part in knowing the secrets hiding in there. Sujin’s glance danced over the glittering screen in seriousness, then suddenly her face burst into a mischievous smirk.

       “What is it?”

       Sujin raised her eyebrows when looking up at me, but with the mocking grin remaining.

       “Oh, nothing special.” she said and winked.

       “Anything you’d like to tell your best friend?” I asked.

       “Not really, just some juicy information confirmed.”

       “About what?”

       “Kim Jongin, if you necessarily want to know. As I said, nothing special.”

       “That text was from Inna, wasn’t it?” I sighed.

       Inna was Sujin’s girlfriend. Together they knew everything about everyone. And together they had compiled a list of ‘possible dating-subjects’ for me. Conclusion: my friends were weird. Cutting to the chase, Kim Jongin was supposedly a quite handsome art student at the aesthetics department at our university. I didn’t know him personally, but I’d seen him a few times around campus. And Kim Jongin was on that list.

       “Wait, don’t say anything. I’m not interested.” Giving Sujin ideas was the last thing I wanted right now.

       “Fine.” She seemed to have given up the fight. For now.

       The same morning my mother had asked me to buy some groceries on the way home, so we went to a supermarket. At the vegetable counter, I saw someone whom I really didn’t want to see at that moment. Yixing.

       “Cover me!” I whispered to Sujin as loudly as possible but silently enough for him not to hear me. With confusion plastered over her face she dragged me behind the shelves.

       “Exactly what are we hiding from? Or who?” she whispered back.

       “Sooner or later you’ll know.” I said and glanced at the pretty boy whom had just found the perfect apple and laid it down in his shopping basket with delight.

       “You’re starting to learn, dear friend. Is the coast clear?” Sujin squeezed past me and looked through the peeping hole. Her eyes widened for a brief second, soon to be replaced by the same grin she’d had moments earlier.

       “Oh, I didn’t know~” she secretively said and went away.

       “Sujin?” I whispered and retreated back to the peeping hole only to discover that Yixing was gone from the counter. Sujin was instead going in another direction than the point where Yixing had been standing. Instead, she had seen a certain Kim Jongin standing a couple of meters away and was now walking towards him. This had to be a nightmare.

       I felt someone knock lightly on my shoulder from behind.

       “So it WAS you! Hello Hyejin!”

       Of course. Yixing was standing right behind me.

       I slowly turned around and found myself standing face to face with the boy that I just recently had been watching from my peeping hole.

       “Eh, hi Yixing.” I started awkwardly.

       “How are you Hyejin, you look pale.” He gave me a worried look.

       “I-I’m fine, I was just a little startled from your appearance.” I stuttered. Well damn.

       “Do you need anything?” he pointed at his shopping basket and smiled.

       “Eh, not really. Hey, Yixing, I have to hurry home. My mom is waiting for her groceries.” I excused myself and convinced myself that a small white lie was okay. Actually my mother didn’t need those groceries until hours later.

       “Can I come with you? I really want to see this part of town but I’m afraid I’ll go daydream and then get lost.”

       “Ehm, I don’t think I can…”

       “Pretty please?” he begged.

       That was enough to convince me. Please don’t judge me for having a soft heart.

       “I guess you can then-“ I sighed and raised my hands as a sign of defeat.

       “Thank you so much!”

       “Then hurry!” I said and he made a salute and disappeared in an instant to finish his shopping.

       Sujin came back to behind the shelf. She was smiling even more mischevously than before, but now with a mix of victory in her eyes too. 

       “Guess who I met just now,” she said and jerked her head towards the direction that she had just appeared from.  

       “Oh, I don’t know who you possibly could have met over here.”

       “Anyways, aside from that, I have to go home so you’ll have to go by yourself.”

       “Don’t worry, I have company.” I said and let my thoughts wander off to Yixing, almost without feeling uncomfortable. Maybe he isn’t so bad after all?


Creativity boosts ftw! Finally I have a quiet and relaxing place to write, and it feels great! Hopefully I can give you guys updates this often~

Please subscribe, comment and (if you want to) upvote!

Stay awesome everyone~ <3!