Ten

Unexpectations

       “What are you doing here?” Yixing frowned and gave me a look that I didn’t understand what it meant but his whole presence radiated worry.

       “I didn’t see or hear from you the whole day. Here we are together all the time and suddenly you’re not there, what did you expect me to do?” I stated and he snorted as his gaze wandered away to the boy sitting opposite to us.

       “How did you find your way here?” he asked and held his gaze at the boy who uncomfortably twisted himself when he noticed he was being watched.

       “I got your address from the archives, and then a nice lady helped me to find this place.” I boldly said and the corners of Yixing’s mouth started to twitch, just to a brief second later be pulled upwards in a shining smile.

       “I knew you would do something like that.” he mumbled behind the smile and looked back at me.

       “你们做假装我不在这里? (are you guys going to pretend I'm not here?)” the boy said with an annoyed tone and Yixing giggled at the sudden exclamation from the younger one.

       “很抱歉。(I'm sorry) This is my little brother Lixiang.” he said and pointed at the boy.

       “Zhang Lixiang.” The boy corrected and glared at Yixing.

       “Ah, hello Lixiang.” I said and tilted my head in a small bow, which he soon responded to.

       “Ah, hel-lo.” he imitated and gave me a meaning look that waited for approval from my side. I nodded and he leaned back into the couch with a satisfied smirk on his lips.

       “So why did you suddenly disappear?” I turned to Yixing again.

       “Something…” he hesitated. “Something came up. So my brother happened to be in Korea and came to check on me and I didn’t have your number so I didn’t know how to contact you.” he gave me a glance full of suffering and I couldn’t keep myself from feeling guilty. “Sorry.”

       “No, I’m the one who should be sorry.” I stretched out my hand over him and all the way to the sideboard on the other side of the couch we were sitting on. I let my hand grasp his phone and plopped down on my spot again. From there, I took Yixing’s hand, put his finger on the finger scanner and easily unlocked it in order to type in my number and pressed ‘save’.

       “There.” I handed it back to Yixing who just blinked. Lixiang laughed and gave me thumbs up.

       “So what was it that came up?” I asked.

       The younger said something and the older said something back and sighed.

       “I fell on my way home yesterday and struck up a wound on my knee.” he mumbled.

       “And? Did you clean it properly?” I frowned. What could possibly a small wound do to make him stay at home?

       “Hyejin, it’s not that.”

       “Hyejin, 那是她的名字吗?” (that's her name?) Lixiang asked him but was ignored.

       “Then what is it?”

       “I have hemophilia.”

       For the second time today, time stopped. I just stared at him and he gave me a serious expression back.

       “Was… Was there a lot of blood?” I asked and hoped the answer would be no even though I knew-

       “Yeah. He came and picked me up from the hospital this morning.” Yixing interrupted my thoughts with an answer I didn’t want to hear.

       “I should’ve come with you. I should’ve been there.” I thought out loud and only realized it when I felt a warm pressure on my shoulder.

       “You couldn’t. You can’t control everything that happens.”

       “What is he saying?” I casually changed topic and pointed at Lixiang.

       “He’s pissed off by the fact that he can’t understand what we’re saying and he wonders if Hyejin is your name.”

       “How do I tell him?”

       Yixing said something with a weird pronunciation and my name in the end, so I just followed.

       “I’m Song Hyejin.” I said in Chinese (apparently, since Lixiang calmed down and said something back that I didn’t understand).

       “He says it’s nice to meet you.” Yixing translated.

       “I seriously need to learn Chinese.” I looked at the two brothers. Here I was the weird one with faulty language skills. I slightly felt like an outsider, but Yixing made me feel more safe.

       “Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.” he said with a lovable smile. I think I melted at that moment. I mean, I has a weakness when it came to his smiles, but who didn’t?

 

       When I went home that evening, I felt both relieved and somewhat uneasy. Of course I was happy that he was okay and that he had someone there with him (and of the fact that the one who was with him was not a pretty girl). But to hear that he fell and hurt himself on his way from MY home, was quite devastating to me. I could’ve followed him or something. When I was laying in my warm, comfortable bed at home, he was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I rounded a corner and was now in front of the gate to my house. I entered and went over the yard and into the house.

       “And where have you been young lady?” eomma appeared in the doorway to the living room.

       “At Yixing’s.” I said as I started to untie my shoes.

       “So you’re visiting each other’s houses now, huh?” she winked and a smug smile played on her lips.

       “Well, he’s unwell today so I went there to check up on him.” I shrugged.

       “Oh, is he okay now then? Will this mean he won’t come and visit in the near future?”

       “I think he feels better now at least. And no, if you ask him he’ll definitely come and visit as soon as possible.” I said to calm her down, and her face lit up.

       “Yeah, I’d like that.” she said, disappearing out into the kitchen to find something for me to eat for dinner this late at night.


Hey everyone!

So I just got some racing imagination and finished another chapter! Yay!

Hope you'll like it! Next chapter will have more Jongin in it, so stay tuned for further updates! For you who knows chinese, I hope I didn't mess up the grammar or something, it was quite a while since I studied chinese at school :) And also, the chinese parts are not essential for understanding the story, they're there because Hyejin doesn't understand what they're talking about.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this new chapter!

Stay awesome everyone <3