Final

Lunch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's supposed to be a good day. It's Monday - the beginning of a new week. It's supposed to be great, but it isn't. Not to Wonwoo at least. He's going to start at his new school today. It's something he's never done in the middle of a semester before, which means that he's scared. Really scared.

The moment Wonwoo takes a step inside of the school, everyone moves their glances in his direction. Most of them are girls who look up and down at him, like he is some kind of meat that only awaits to be devoured. The boys doesn't really care that much. They look at him, decide that he isn't a threat to their current rank and look away again.

When Wonwoo finds his classroom, he's honestly not sure what he's supposed to do. The class hasn't started yet and the teacher is nowhere to be seen either.

"The teacher will be here in a second," a voice says beside him. It startles him, but he tries to make it go unnoticed.

Beside him is a boy. He's taller than he is and is rather good looking - Wonwoo thinks so anyways. This is why he's surprised when nobody pays attention to him, when he enters the classroom. Nobody as much as steals a glance in his direction.

Everyone, however, pays attention to him when he enters together with the teacher five minutes later.

"This is Jeon Wonwoo," the teacher introduces him. With a bow, he greets the class.

He's told to sit down at the table behind the tall boy from the hallway's. It's the table in the left corner far from the blackboard.

When he takes his seat, the boy turns around shortly and smiles at him. Wonwoo can't help but smile back, and he can't help but notice how good looking the boy is when he smiles either.

The class starts right after he sits down.

Wonwoo finds out two things while being in class. One is that the classes are as boring at this school as they were on his old one. The other is that the students also are the same. Everyone gets excited when the class ends.

As soon as the class ends, the tall boy turns around to greet him.

"I'm Mingyu," he says, "Kim Mingyu." He smiles at Wonwoo and once again Wonwoo can't believe how handsome he looks.

"Jeon Wonwoo," Wonwoo ends up answering.

Mingyu chuckles a little. "I know that. The teacher said so."

Right, Wonwoo thinks. The thought of him just humiliating - it's not really that bad, but he himself thinks so - himself in front of this good looking guy makes him very embarrassed.

"Don't you have to eat or something?" Wonwoo asks as he takes his own lunchbox. The nervousness from moving to a new school made him hungry.

"I'm not really hungry," Mingyu answers and glances at Wonwoo's lunch in his hand. One of his eyebrows raises, when he sees what he's eating.

"A hamburger? Seriously?" Who in the world takes hamburgers to eat in school? Do they even taste good when eaten cold?

"My life is hamburger," Wonwoo just answers as he starts to eat. It's not like Mingyu hating on his food choice would make him regret it at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong with hamburgers for lunch.

"Do you want to taste?" He's not sure if it would be too awkward to ask a guy he just met that, but he decides that it doesn't matter that much. The guy seems like an easy going type - he would probably not find it awkward.

Mingyu lags and shakes his head. "As I said, I'm not hungry."

"Well more for me then," Wonwoo says as he shrugs his shoulders once.

They spend the rest of the lunch break talking. Despite the way he looked, the taller boy was a real dork.  Frankly speaking, Wonwoo had expected him to be a little chic, but he clearly wasn't. They seemed like they would get along well.

--

The question asked by his mom as soon as he arrived home, had been very much expected.

"Did you make any new friends?" she asks. It's only when she has asked the question she makes a move to give him a short hug.

Wonwoo knows very well that his mother is worried about him. Back at his old school he hadn't had that many friends. He had had two people he talked to on a daily basis, but other than that, he didn't really talk to anyone.

In other words, he had a hard time ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter