Scandal – Part 2

Silly Lovers

"I kinda feel bad for them though…"

"Don't, you were only telling her the truth. What I said the other day wasn't completely wrong after all."

Joonjae had joined Takuya on the couch where he had had a conversation with Elli before. Of course, he—and thousands of people—had heard of the recent "dating scandal" of Elli. For him, it was obvious that their story was impossible; after all, Elli was alone in this battle, without many fans to defend her and caught in this with a very popular idol. A male idol with a lot of fangirls. Takuya told him they were probably breaking up at the moment. Good, he thought, because they could focus on their career. They were too young for this.

"No, but really…," Takuya continued with a sad voice. "I shouldn't have said that, it can't end like this!"

"I know you have such a big heart but you did the right thing."

Takuya got up suddenly, a light in his eyes. 

"No!" he said firmly. "Since when have we become slaves of the society?"

Joonjae looked a him, confused. Since when was Takuya so dramatic?

"What are you say—"

"Shhhh," Takuya shushed him with a finger on his mouth. "I changed my mind. I don't regret a thing. People can say what they want, but from now on I won't be weak. And I won't let my friends be weak. We changed the world, Joonjae! We should be proud of it!"

The other boy stared at him and slowly nodded. So Takuya let go of him and looked into the horizon. 

"I'll go stop her from making the biggest mistake of her life," he declared solemnly.

* * *
Elli was still in front of Taehyung, who looked just as tortured as her, and they didn't know how to say what they wanted to say. Taehyung was thinking about Jin's words, and he couldn't help but to believe him. Taehyung wasn't the smartest boy, but he knew Jin had had a few affairs in the idol world and he looked so hurt. Did he want Elli to be as hurt as his co-member? No, he didn't, he wanted her to be happy, with or without him. Because she was the woman of his dreams too, and she had so much potential. How could he ruin that for her? And Elli, she was haunted by Takuya's words, because how could she ignore him, when he was in a relationship being an idol? Of course he was right, of course she should listen to him. And Taehyung was already an idol, so she thought, she wasn't going to be the most hurt. She didn't want to see Takuya's hopeless expression in he love's eyes. So here they were, two people in love, unable to tell each other they needed to stop their relationship before it even started.

"Elli…?" called Taehyung after a while. "What is it you want to talk about?"

He was afraid he knew.

"I… nothing… Sorry, I, um—just forget it," Elli rapidly let out and ran away.

She was too afraid to tell him, and she didn't want to. So she chose to shut up for as long as she could. Of course, she knew she'd have to eventually tell him. But she wanted to let her dream be a reality just for a little while more. The girl left a confused but relieved Taehyung in the dark halls of the Big Hit building. He thought maybe he could wait a little more too.

Just like in a movie, Elli ran upstairs, until she reached the agency's roof. Who knows why dramatic events make people want to go there. She found a spot in the shadow and sat there, looking at the floor, not even crying. Elli was too confused to cry. She didn't know what to do anymore. When she was about to tell the one she loved she was going to stay away from him, it felt so unreal and wrong. Even though it was the right thing to do, the trainee just couldn't tell herself that love didn't always win and that sometimes, you had to make sacrifices, even though she knew inside of her that she had a chance with him. And that hurt even more, because if he wasn't an idol and she wasn't a trainee, they should have been happy together. 

Elli stayed there for a long moment. There was no one around, and she could only hear the cars on the road and the birds sing. It was peaceful. Until she heard someone yelling her name. 

"ELLI! I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU!" screamed the voice.

So the girl got up, intrigued. That voice sounded familiar. Elli approached the roof's edge, leaning down to see what was happening down the building. She saw a person she knew who was about to enter the agency. 

"Takuya?" she called him from the top.

The latter looked up and saw Elli on the edge of the roof. He stepped backwards with a panicked look on his face.

"ELLI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!" he yelled at her.

Suddenly, a few other people got out of the building and joined Takuya. They all looked at her and Elli heard a woman scream "Oh my God!". Why were they so dramatic? There was nothing wrong, just a girl on a roof.

"JESUS CHRIST ELLI!" Takuya continued, distressed. "I'M SORRY FOR WHAT I SAID, DON'T DO THIS!"

The poor girl didn't understand and even more people started forming a crowd down the building. Suddenly, realization hit Elli. 

"Oh—no, it's not what you think!" she screamed. "I'm okay!"

"ELLI I KNOW THIS IS HARD," Takuya kept saying. "YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG OKAY? COME ON, DON'T DO THIS!"

And then, something horrific happened. BTS got out of the building too, alerted by Takuya's screams, probably. When he saw her, Yoongi immediately panicked. 

"ELLI?! ELLI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" he yelled.

"I'm not doing anything!"

But apparently, no listened. She was screaming as much as she could, though!

"YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!" Takuya added.

Down there in the crowd, Taehyung saw Elli too, and he had never been as distressed as he was at that moment. He wasn't even yelling with the others, instead he was paralyzed. But how could he stand there while his love was in danger? He couldn't. So in a momentum, he ran back inside and rushed upstairs, running like he had never ran before, to save her. When he finally found himself in front of the roof's door, he slammed it open and rushed to her, panting. He wanted to scream her name but he didn't have energy left. However, Elli noticed him right away and turned to him. They were now face to face, and Elli could hear her heart pounding against her chest. 

"El…Elli…" Taehyung stuttered, breathless. "You… Don't…"

"It's alright," the girl reassured him as she got closer. "I was never gonna jump! I don't know why these people thought I was. I wasn't even standing on the edge, just lean—"

Elli couldn't finish her sentence, as the boy squeezed her in his arms like he was holding on for his life. And she could hardly breath, but that didn't matter; she had never felt more needed. To think that Taehyung would care so much about her was incredible. Of course, no one could let her die—at least not anyone with some kindness in their heart—, but he was hugging her so hard she could feel he had been so worried. His heart was beating really fast and he was still catching his breath. Elli hugged him back, burying her face in his neck. (A.N: You expected a kiss, didn't you)

Meanwhile, the others stopped screaming her name when they saw she wasn't on the edge of the roof anymore. Takuya had even a megaphone in his hand that no one knew where he had gotten. 

"Do you think she was actually going to jump?" Yoongi asked, suddenly doubtful.

"Well I mean… She was on the edge…" Takuya answered before realizing he was still talking in his megaphone.

"But she was just leaning down," Jin added, appearing between the two boys. 

A little silence followed. 

"Are you sure you didn't overreact?" Jin asked.

Yoongi glared at Takuya and the latter's jaw dropped. He put his megaphone to his heart.

"It's not my fault! I panicked when some lady said oh my God…"

The said lady approached them shyly.

"Actually…" she said soflty. "I was just shocked because I really like CROSS GENE. Speaking of, may I have an autograph?" 

Everyone looked at the poor Takuya with a judging glare. 

"I—I mean, sure, wait a sec…" the latter replied while taking out a pen.

Yoongi sighed and looked at the roof. He wondered what the pair was doing up there…

Elli and Taehyung were sitting on the same spot the girl had been before, both calming down from the events. Elli couldn't believe she had caused such a fuss by just leaning down. What was Takuya even doing there anyway? He reminded her of what she still had to do. Maybe that moment was the perfect moment to tell him. Tell him that she loved him, but that she was sorry, because she couldn't do it. She felt that she owed him the truth. 

"Taehyung, I—"

But the girl was cut off again by a door slamming open. This time, it was Takuya who showed up on the roof. He looked around and when he turned around, he saw Elli and Taehyung on the floor, chilling out. But he didn't have time for this, so he rushed to her.

"Taehyung! Please leave us alone," he told the poor boy firmly. "Elli and I need to have a talk."

And so he did. Elli was astonished… She was constantly interrupted! When Taehyung was back inside, he decided to join the crowd to tell them that everything was alright. But when he arived, he only saw BTS there, and Jin looking desperate.

"You young people are so tiring…," he complained. "Are you done with your romantic little scandal?"

Taehyung blushed a little and denied. But no one had time for this, and everyone knew there was something between them, so it didn't matter. Yoongi asked about what had happened on the roof and was disappointed they didn't kiss. However, BTS' members seemed very interested in the romance, so they continued asking Taehyung questions, while Jin and Namjoon stayed out of it. Although they were standing next to each other, Seokjin didn't even bother to look at Namjoon. Instead, he crossed his arms and kept an eye on the kids.

"So, are you ever talking to me again?" Namjoon dared to ask.

He received no answer.

"Seokjin. I swear I'm not cheating on you with our child. How could you even think that?" Namjoon continued, whispering.

"How dare you," Jin suddenly said, turning to the leader. "In front of them. You're lucky they didn't hear you."

"After all of this, I think we can safely say that hiding is not a good solution!" 

"Oh no, it isn't. But there's nothing to hide since it's over. Come on, kids! Let's go!"

The other members turned around and followed him. Taehyung took a last look at the roof and promised himself that he would never abandon Elli.
* * *
When Elli came back home that evening, Hyeri immediately rushed to her with a panicked expression. 

"Jesus, Elli!" she yelled. "I was so scared! I saw what happened! They wrote about it on Everykpop!"

Elli sighed. Were they going to write about everything happening in her life? She hoped they got it was all a misunderstanding. 

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to jump, it was all a mis—"

"They say you're on the edge! That you're caught in a love triangle! People are spreading rumours!" Hyeri continued to panic.

Elli suddenly started to worry. Rumours? She was only a trainee and people were already talking about her on the internet, spreading rumours about her and telling lies. She was astonished. She didn't know what to expect from the magazines, but she knew she had a big problem.