Awkward Silences

Silly Lovers

A lot of people were fans of the popular boy group BTS. But to Elli, they were just her silly friends who happened to become idols before her. The girl was a trainee in their agency and they had been friends for years. She was especially close to Yoongi, her best friend. They shared almost everything—almost. Elli often came over to BTS' dorm, sometimes ate with them and even slept over. They were that close, but the boys' manager had warned them multiple times: the public mustn't know, or some fan could think Elli was one of them's girlfriend and create a scandal. That rule came back to Elli's mind every time she thought about who she was crushing over.

On a Sunday morning, Elli woke up in her small apartment that she shared with her good friend Hyeri, who was already an idol in the amazing girl group Girl's Day. Some people said Elli was really an idol magnet, as she seemed to be surrounded by them. It was already the afternoon when Elli stepped into the kitchen, still in pajamas. Hyeri was there, cooking some brunch. They had both woken up a bit late, as they were both very tired from their hard-working lifestyle. But Elli was determined to realize her dream and training until late into the night was a part of it.

"Good morning, princess!" greeted Hyeri as soon as she saw her friend enter the room.

"Hey," lazily answered Elli who was still a bit sleepy.

Hyeri seemed very lively. She was that kind of person. While she was preparing the plates, the two girls were chatting as usual.

"You wanna come with me to the cinema later? There's a movie I absolutely want to see!" asked Hyeri.

"Sorry, I'm going to the boys' place today," answered Elli while drinking some tea. "I have to talk to Yoongi."

Her roommate suddenly seemed interested and placed the plates full of food on the table before sitting down with Elli.

"Oh ho, I see!" she exclaimed with a suspicious voice. "Is there something… special, you wanna tell him?"

Elli understood what her friend was hinting and gasped. 

"I'm not confessing to him!"

"Aw, what a shame," Hyeri muttered. "I like him, he's a good boy for you. So swag."

The poor Elli blushed a little before taking another sip of tea. She wasn't very comfortable talking about that kind of stuff, and Hyeri noticed. 

"Besides…" Elli eventually added, "there's another person…"

Hyeri immediately put her gossip girl face on. Sometimes Elli thought she should have been a journalist.

"Oh my God I knew it," Hyeri exclaimed excitedly, "you like Namjoon!"

Elli gasped even more and denied it. Hyeri looked disappointed.

"But you said you liked daddies…" she said with a pout.

"God no!" Elli exclaimed in surprise.

They both laughed and the rest of the "morning" went smoothly. When Elli finally decided to get on her way to BTS' dorm, it was already 4 PM. After a short walk, she arrived at the front door and knocked. Jin came to open, as usual. He looked a bit exhausted, and Elli thought it must be tiring to take care of those boys, even with Namjoon around. She greeted him and got in. Yoongi immediately rushed to her, as if he felt her presence. The two hugged as if they hadn't seen each other in a year—when really it had been like two days— and went to Yoongi's room. The latter jumped on his bed and Elli followed him, more carefully. She seemed a bit nervous and her best friend noticed, of course. He asked her what was wrong and the trainee knew it was time to tell him everything.

"Yoongi there's something you need to know," Elli dramatically said.

He nodded. After an awkward silence, she finally continued.

"There is… this boy… I like—"

"Oh my God don't say anything," cut Yoongi excitedly. "I know."

"You know?" shyly asked Elli.

"Yes, and don't worry, I am pretty sure I can help you get him. Namjoon is the perfect daddy for you."

Again, the poor girl couldn't believe her ears. She poked Yoongi and denied again.

"I am not looking for a daddy and I'm not talking about him!"

Yoongi too looked disappointed. Apprently, Ellijoon was a popular ship. But now was time to tell the truth.

"I actually like another member…" she continued nervously. "I like—"

Before she could even say his name, someone opened the room's door. Taehyung appeared at the threshold, and Elli felt her heart stop for a second. Her breath was taken away at that exact moment, when she saw the man of her dreams make an appearance, just like in a movie. She couldn't stop staring at him, her eyes running through his entire body. She wasn't aware of the awkward silence Yoongi was living. And little did she know that Taehyung wasn't aware either, as he was staring right back at her, with a glow in his eyes. Yoongi could almost see the electricity between them. He was slowly realizing what was happening. Eventually, he decided to end the silence, because it was hella embarrassing.

"Um, are you looking for something Taehyung?" he asked hesitantly. 

Taehyung suddenly came back to reality and Elli and him felt a bit flustered. 

"Y-Yeah, I was looking for Jimin but… he's obviously not here so… I'll just… go…" he stuttered. 

When he finally left, Yoongi immediately turned to his best friend with a shocked look on his face.

"Taehyung? Really?" he asked, unimpressed.

The girl nodded shyly. 

"Well, okay! He isn't that bad, I guess. He's not Namjoon, but… but he's cute."

Elli chuckled and felt happy that her best friend accepted her feeling towards his co-member. 

"Now, let the fun begin…" muttered Yoongi with a scary tone. 

The next half an hour, the boy had explained to Elli how he was planning to make them a couple. He had many plans and ideas for that, and Elli was a little worried as of why. Turns out, Yoongi was secretly a big fan of romance movies. 

"And then I call him and say I can't come to the restaurant, so that you two are… alone." Yoongi explained maliciously. 

"B-But what if he want to leave?" Elli asked worryingly. 

"Who could leave such a nice girl alone at the restaurant?!" replied her best friend with passion. 

Elli blushed a little bit and chuckled. Yoongi then exposed other plans and Elli was a bit flustered, but she listened carefully. This man knew how to deal with it. 

After a while, she needed to use the bathroom and excused herself. Elli always took a long time to get out of the bathroom, so Yoongi did complain. After that, she came back to Yoongi's room, but there was a problem: Yoongi wasn't there anymore. The girl thought he must have gone into another room, but when she called her name, no one answered. That was when she noticed the strange silence in the whole apartment. No one was there. No noise was heard, not even Hoseok's screams. Elli started to get worried. She continued to look for life, walking in the hallways, attentive to any sound. And eventually, she hears something from inside Jimin's room. The girl wasn't sure it was very polite to open the door, but she decided she was too panicked to care. Carefully, she manipulated the door handle and looked inside. What she saw blew her mind. 

Jimin was shirtless in his room, talking to someone. Elli didn't listen because she was too focused on his muscly chest. However, she didn't have much time to admire it, as Jimin noticed her. As soon as he saw the girl staring at his abs, he immediately covered his s with his hands. 

"Elli?!" Jimin screamed in surprise. 

"H-Hi," shyly stuttered the poor girl. "I was… looking for Yoongi b-but—"

"Jin asked the boys to go to the convenience store with him. Sorry, I was supposed to tell you," cut Taehyung's voice. 

Elli turned around in surprise and saw her crush standing dangerously close to her. He seemed just as flustered as she was. The two started to stare into each other's eyes again, but Jimin wasn't okay with that. He was still in an embarrassing position, half . The poor boy coughed to get their attention. 

"S-Sorry Jimin," apologised Taehyung. 

Elli couldn't speak though. They were now both looking at Jimin—well, more like staring at his chest. It was even more awkward than before. Taehyung and Elli were mesmerised by their friend's well defined muscles. 

"Excuse me?!" eventually exclaimed Jimin.

"Oh! I'm sorry, w-we should leave you!" apologised Elli, stepping back. 

She pushed Taehyung with her and closed the door, her heart beating. She then looked at Taehyung and he had the same expression as her. Neither of them spoke for a moment, until Elli decided that she couldn't take that silence anymore.

"So, um… I-I wasn't staring at his ab- I mean chest, you know…" she stuttered. 

"M-Me neither!" immediately replied Taehyung. "Not at all. Not at all."

"I'm not like… interested in him," added a blushing Elli. 

"Yeah, me neither, um… me neither." 

Elli thought that that was the closest she'd ever been to Taehyung. And it felt like a knot in her stomach. The front opened suddenly and the missing members came in, Yoongi rushing to her and apologizing for the inconvenience. Jin really needed those cucumbers. Elli didn't mind, and she was even a bit thankful deep down. She got to have a moment with Taehyung, and she even saw Jimin's chest. But she thought, the V-chest would have had even more of an effect on her.