I'm Popular

Silly Lovers
The morning after the wonderful beach party, Elli woke up to Hyeri's voice calling her. She opened her eyes and saw her friend with a smile in front of her face. 
 
"Elli, wake up!" Hyeri was yelling.
 
"Jesus Hyeri… I don't have any schedule this morning…" Elli lazily answered.
 
She was too sleepy to hear what her friend was saying. Actually, Elli was still half asleep, and she returned to her dream immediately. Taehyung's arms were replacing her blanket and his voice was replacing Hyeri's shouting. They were lying in the sand, just like the night before, except this time she wasn't with Takuya, and they were looking at the stars, while Taehyung was singing a soft melody to Elli. Suddenly, a shadow appeared in the night sky. It was a gigantic bird. Before the pair could say anything, the bird crashed on them and Elli woke up in panic. This time, it was her scream that was heard. Hyeri ran to her, shocked. 
 
"Elli?!" she yelled.
 
"Nothing! It's nothing, I'm okay! Just a bad dream…"
 
Elli was panting on her bed. Dreams like that didn't happen often to her. 
 
After half an hour, the two girls were sitting at their kitchen's table, eating breakfast. Hyeri didn't like to be alone in the morning, so she was happy something had woken up Elli, even if it was a nightmare… And the both of them were happy, since the future seemed bright for Elli and Taehyung after last night. Elli felt like she was living a dream, and she secretly was convinced she could realize hers. After all, that look Taehyung gave her during the triumphal kiss didn't lie: there was definitely something between those two. 
 
Hyeri was talking to Elli, eating and checking her phone at the same time. She was a very multifunctional person, after all. Suddenly, she jumped of surprise, scaring Elli a little bit. She quickly swallowed what she was eating and announced something cool to Elli.
 
"Girl, you're a hero! Look at what Takuya said!"
 
She gave her her phone and Elli read:
 
INCREDIBLE! CROSS GENE TAKUYA CONFIRMS HE'S IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH… A MAN!!! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW. 
 
Q: When did you decide it was time to tell the world?
 
Very recently, I met an amazing girl and she helped me realize, living a lie was never worth it. Her name is Elli, and she's a Big Hit trainee. I wish for her to be very successful, and you should definitely support her in the future!
 
Elli couldn't believe it: her name was in an everykpop article! Hyeri looked at her friend with pride. She hoped the article would help her gather some fans before debut. The breakfast went on in a joyful mood and the girls celebrated the event. (A:N: Love wins!)

In the afternoon, as Elli was heading to the agency, she got a text from Yoongi. Of course, he told her about the article, and how apparently, a lot of people were talking about her on social media. The girl was happy, because they were saying nice things about her, and she was gaining followers on all her social media accounts. That definitely felt good, and Elli had never been so confident about her career. 

After a while, she was in the Big Hit building's halls, walking towards the room she needed to be in. But she was stopped by a familiar voice behind her and a hand gripping her wrist: Yoongi. He had a smile on his face and a phone in his other hand. 

"Hey Elli!" he greeted her. "Are you enjoying your fame?"

"I'm not famous!" objected Elli shyly. "But… I am kinda happy right now."

"Of course, you're the hero of the day! This kind of thing never happened in the Kpop scene. And you helped to make it happen…"

Elli played with her hair a little and smiled. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she agreed. 
 
In the evening, as Elli was getting out of the building, she received a text again. This time, it wasn't from Yoongi—no, it was from Taehyung, and that was way more exciting to her, since they hadn't spoken since the beach party. The text read "So you're a star already :)", to which the girl responded with "Not really haha… ". Inside, she was kind of proud. "We should celebrate!" Taehyung sent. When she read that, Elli's eyes widened. Did he mean "we" as in… him and her alone? She kinda hoped he did.

Before she knew it, Elli had a new date with Taehyung. This time, he proposed to go to a nearby café he liked. It was pretty dark already, since idols have a really busy schedule. But the boy didn't mind, and even if he was going to be tired, he really didn't care. Also, this was just an excuse to spend some time with Elli. 

He was waiting for her—again—at a table, dressed not to be recognized. No one had noticed he was the famous Taehyung until then, luckily. After a moment, Elli arrived fashionably late. She showed up dressed nicely, and the boy felt flustered that she had changed for him. He hoped this wasn't too weird—after all, he could have invited everybody else as well. Anyway, he didn't have time to think about that. He was too nervous already. Elli finally sit down on the chair facing him and they smiled at each other shyly. Too be fair, they didn't really know what to say when they were together—you probably noticed all the awkward silences—but thankfully, they had a conversation subject this time.

"So," Taehyung began nervously, "I, um, I heard a lot of people like you now. I mean, not that they hated you before—who could hate you? Um, yeah, I mean you're getting more popular now."

Elli chuckled at his silliness. 

"Yeah, but… I don't know if it's gonna last, I mean…"

"Of course it will! I'm sure you'll be very successful!"

"Oh, you…"

The atmosphere definitely felt romantic. There was even a street artist playing the violin near them, and all the people on the terrasse with them were probably couples. Elli couldn't help but to think, maybe Taehyung was hinting something. Not to mention how nervous he was around her—but the girl was not that confident that she could think he could have a crush on her. Well, my children, confidence is always needed, you could be surprised…

"I really believe in you, Elli. I can't wait for you to debut, I'll be your number one fan," Taehyung added with a smile.

That definetly made Elli blush harder than ever. Yeonhee was back.

The rest of the evening went by smoothly, they talked a lot about the future and Taehyung gave some advices to Elli about being an idol. After that, they walked home together, and it was already nighttime. She wouldn't admit it, but Elli was a bit scared of the dark… Taehyung noticed her looking around suspiciously and asked her what was going on, to which she answered with a faint smile and a "nothing". But the boy wasn't ready to let her get worried like that. He could read her like a book.

"Come here," he suddenly said softly.

Then, he gently pulled her closer to him and took her arm to reassure her. Elli couldn't believe it: she was walking arm in arm with the boy of her dreams. Again, the dark night saved her from embarrassment because she was red like a tomato. And that made her even more nervous, but… in a good way. After all, if you had told her that she would be so close to Taehyung a month before, she wouldn't have believed it. 

When the girl came back home, she was immediately attacked by Hyeri, as usual, so she wasn't surprised at all. 

"How did it go? Was he nervous and blushing like you are right now?" the woman asked with a smirk. 

"Shut up…." Elli muttered with a smile. "It was amazing… Like always…"

The two girls began their traditional talk on the couch and fell asleep on it. Just like when Elli had had her first "date" at the restaurant with Taehyung. 

Speaking of which, back in the boys' dorm, two people still weren't sleeping. No, they were on the couch taking, just like the girls were before. 

"I don't think this is gonna work," one of them said. "It's too hard for me."

"Princess, don't say that—"

"Do not call me that! You don't get to call me that anymore. It's over, do you understand?"

"But… But what did I do wrong?"

"It's just—it's impossible, it's too complicated. I can't live a lie anymore."

There was a silence.

"And also, I see you playing around with Yoongi," the same boy added.

"What?! There is nothing between him and I! Baby, I'm sorry I hurt you, I swear you're the only one—"

"It's too late now. I'm sorry… But I deserve better."

"But think about the children!"

"It's not like I'm leaving the group! I'm just leaving you. And don't mix the children to this."

Just like that, a relationship was over. But who was it?