I'm Mia.

Me Before You

"I think I breathe you a little too much because my lungs cant seem to forget you," she whispered as she fell asleep on his chest. 

 

April, 2008

 

Park Chanyeol almost had a nervous breakdown when a girl, out of nowhere, pulled a chair and sat in front of him. He looked up from the laptop screen, finding a girl with silver strawberry-dipped hair that cascaded down just past her shoulder and dark brown eyes staring at him. His eyes went big behind the big glasses he was wearing and a silent, surprised shriek almost escaped his mouth. Almost

He did a quick scan of the cafè to see if she was just sitting there because there other seats were unavailable but it was 10 in the morning and there were only a few people. Plenty of seats.

"So, are you always here?" She said after a few minutes of awkward silent.

He cleared his throat. Be cool

"Only when I don't have much to do" He answered politely. 

"So you like coffee?" She gestured to the half-drank cup of coffee on the table. 

"Yes."

 "I like chocolate and mocha" She shook her cup of iced chocolate lightly and smiled. There was a smiley on her cup. Her noticed the arc of her smile went up to the corner of her eyes and a small dimple formed on her left cheek. It kinda made him want to smile too.

And then they were silent again. 

"Um, I'm sorry but who are you?" He asked, avoiding any eye contact that would make his cheeks burned brighter with pink shades.

 "I'm Mia." 

"Mia." 

"Yes, Mia." She smiled. 

"Do you want to ask me a favor or check your assignment or anything?" The only time Chanyeol ever had interactions with the opposite gender besides his mother was when they needed him to fix a bug on their computers or proof-read their assignment. 

"Nope." Mia leaned back and took a sip of her drink casually as if they had been having this meet up frequently.

"I'm from the language faculty, not computer science." 

"Ahhhh" He nodded. 

Be cool. 

Be cool.

"So... do you have classes today?" He asked, folding his arms then unfolding it and put his hand on his lap, unsure what position should he do. He needed to know what posture that appear 'I have ladies I don't know talk to me all the time. This is totally cool and normal' not the ', I think I'm going to burst because this is the first time girls ever talk to me first'.   

"Yup... in about 15 minutes or so," she said, glancing at the clock om the wall. She took another sip from her cup. 

"Ahh... I see.." He nodded again. "Wait, isn't the language faculty about 2 blocks away from this cafè? Aren't you going to be l-"

"Can I hang out with you tomorrow, Park Chanyeol?" She interrupted him mid-sentence. For a brief second, she met his eyes then she fixed her gaze past him. 

Oh my. His eyes went big again. He was unsure what to respond to her. He found himself clearing his throat and cough a little, and fixing his glasses that didn't need fixing. 

"Um... I-I... my classes end at 3 p.m. tomorrow. Uh, maybe we could meet here or the park. I mean if-if you like." He shrugged casually. 

"Great! I'll see you around 4 tomorrow then," Mia smiled and stood up. 

He watched the bell of the entrance chimed as she walked out and crossed the streets and wondered how she knew his name or why he let her see him again.