Twilight [edited]

Our winter, Our Spring (REVISED)

Suncheon.

He should've known or at least have guessed she would end up here. 

To him it was a place he was born in, but not his home.

But to her, it was just the kind of place where she, most probably, would find peace in.

Where nature and the urban combined. Where modern did not mean saying goodbye to the purity of the past.

Yes, it fit her. She was your regular modern-day woman, but something about her- her thoughts, her mannerisms- would make anyone feel asking "How old is your soul, really?" 

Jongin and she walked slowly along the path that went through the reeds. His gaze rested on the leaves that swayed as the breeze blew past them. It was just a little bit past springtime's sunrise, so the air was cool and comforting. Not yet fully up in the sky, the sun's rays seeping through fog made the moment all the more dramatic. The chirping of the crickets still filled the air.

It was like the first time they met. Two souls acknowledging the other, without the need of words. The kind of silence that still brought about a strange sense of understanding.

Back then, the silence helped them understand each other and connected them. Yet this time they understood that the loss of words was brought about by something that was broken. It was a silence between two disconnected souls.

He turned his head to look at her. She was looking towards the sky that was now of differing shades of purple, orange and blue as the sun rose a little higher this time.

Not seeming to notice his gaze and trapped within her own thoughts, she closed her eyes, taking in a slow breath with a small smile on her face.

There she was again, just like before. Caught by the beauty of the surroundings, finding peace despite the heaviness of any situation.

Was it really so painful that she had to leave?

But if she had said it then...what could he have done?