Sweat and Liquor

My Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Friday ChoA dressed me up in countless tight dresses she owned, and a couple flowy ones. But in every one I felt so…not me. She gave up and let me wear something from my wardrobe. I settled on a loose floral sweater, shorts, and boots. While I lazily brushed my hair, ChoA and YoonJi were taking their time getting dressed, putting on makeup and doing their hair. It was a rare occasion for us to go out, especially YoonJi and I. It definitely wasn’t our scene. Yoonji dressed modestly, wearing a gray knee length dress with a white t-shirt underneath. ChoA opted for a black mesh peplum dress, looking like she was ready to walk to red carpet. 
“Well? How is it?” She asked Yoonji and I, her hands on her hips with such confidence she didn’t need an answer.
“Pretty.” I smiled, the maknae nodded in agreement. 
We grabbed our bags and headed out into the untelling night. We rode in the back of a cab to the destination ChoA described as the place to pick someone up. Though I expressed my discontent, she would just keep dejecting me. She told me I needed this, but I didn’t. I didn’t need anything but time…
“Unnie, I really don’t have the money right now. You know I’m up to my neck in college debt…” I sighed. I could hardly pay to feed myself that I lived off of my friends. ChoA swatted her hand at me.
“Listen to me, and listen good.” She said sternly, grabbing my face to look at her. “You need to relax and have fun! Don’t buy your own drinks then, guys hand that out practically for free, just smile at them and they’ll be bewitched by your adorable face. Besides, you got quite a bit of money in your bank account, it’s alright.” She urged. Yoonji nodded and grabbed my arm.
“Unnie, you deserve to be treated like the princess you are.” She said in her light, slow voice. I smiled half-heartedly at her attempted compliment.
    When we arrived to the club ChoA led us in, obviously familiar with the place. When we stepped in the dark building there was a strong stench of alcohol and perfume, YoonJi and I both wrinkled our noses in disgust. The music was pumping loud techno music that shook the floors to the bass. The only lights were colorful neon lights that flashed on and off, swirling throughout the dance floor.
    “I’m going to go mingle, get yourself a drink and I’ll meet you in a bit!” ChoA yelled over the loud music to me. I nodded and pulled Yoonji alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter