Chapter VII

Bulletproof

260 days before

 

Lay’s POV

 

 

The girl I knew way back when we were kids hasn’t change. She still loves reading books. She still dresses like a boy. When I first saw her after many years, I am sure that she still happy as she was before. It makes me sad that she is not even aware that her parents are still living but are mentally disabled. I know that telling Yi Fan-hyung about the whole truth is not good move. I mean, I’ve been to tell her friends all about it, but not this fast. Or maybe I’ve been waiting for so long, I’m not even thinking. But at least I get to spend time with her. Just the two of us.

 

“Oppa, are you tired? Were you even listening to what I am saying?” Haru asked. I smiled at her.

“Sorry, a thought suddenly came in my mind. I wasn’t listening. What was it again?”

“I said that your ice cream is already melting. You should eat that fast.”

“Haru, I just want to thank you for letting me spend time with you. I’m really happy.”

“Do you want to know the reason why?” She looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes. I really wanted to hug her and hold her hand but I can’t. I have to endure a little longer.

“Why?”

“When I first saw you, when we bumped each other, I don’t know why but I felt a sense of familiarity with you. It’s like I know you but we haven’t seen each other for so long. The truth is during that time, I was confused and somehow lost. I feel like I know you but I just can’t seem to remember you.”

 

What she said just now, struck me hard. I was thinking all this time that she had forgotten me, but her heart hasn’t. I felt like crying. I almost stood up and cried.

“What if we really know each other and we’ve been childhood friends but you just can’t seem to remember me? What would you do, Haru?” I asked. I’ll try to help her gradually. I’m taking her back.

“I would get sad. You actually made me sad right now. Do I really know you? Were a ghost from my past?” A ghost from her past. Those words hurt me but I can’t let her show that I am hurt. I was a somebody that she used to know.

“Of course not, Haru. We just met. Maybe you really like me so much that’s why you felt it. I really like you, Haru.” I’m trying so hard not to take her hand and hold it. I am trying so hard not to tell her all the things happened in the past. She did not answer. She looked at me smiling, reached for my hand and held it. She did not say anything. She didn’t have to. She, reaching for my hand is enough as an answer.

 

And just like the ice cream, I melted and disappeared in my own world with her.

 

Suho’s POV

 

Kris-hyung left me lying down at the open field. I don’t know what I should do. I am so ing stressed and depressed. I want to see Haru right now and hug her. Tell her it’s going to be okay. I tried to sit down but for some reason my whole body aches. Maybe because I ran my body isn’t ready for any strenuous activities. I tried my best to stand up and walked back to the place where hyung and I were talking. He left me a can of cola and a note.

 

Suho, take a rest okay? I’ll walk Haru back to her house. She can’t see you looking so ed up. I’ll call you later. Let’s talk to Lay and let’s what we can do to help him. There are so many things we have yet to uncover. But first, let’s plan everything okay? Haru can’t see you like this. She’ll be worried.”

 

I finished my drink and left the open field. We need to know the truth as soon as possible. We have to wake up Haru in her dream.

 

_____________________

A/N: Hello guys! I have two updates today! I haven't found a job that's why I have lots of free time to write a story. Are you enjoying it so far? I just want to tell you that this story will not be the way you're expecting it. One word: Depression.

Have you been enjoying the story so far? If yes, let me know in the comments section and if no, let me know too!! Comments are more important for me than upvotes so please please comment on my story! But upvoting the story would be cool too~ kekeke

I'll post an update again soon~