WonshikxHakyeon (Tattoo)

60 or less

It was easily two or three in the morning and Wonshik was still at work. Most times he would be asleep by now, but he was working on a customer. The steady hum of the tattoo machine usually alleviated the need for small talk, the older client often using the time to sleep. Today, however he had brought in a companion. Taekwoon was his name, and he was here to get something small he said. Wonshik had let out a small chuckle at that, earning a glare. He knew how it went most times, getting one and saying you didn't need more but coming back anyhow. That's how he had come to know Hakyeon. He waltzed in to make an appointment, but did he needed it at an odd hour. Wonshik could understand why, being a famous dancer didn't allow for many daytime appearances for personal reasons. Something small, he had said. "Something to remind me I'm strong." Hakyeon had said, not giving him anything to work off of. Wonshik remembers pondering for almost fifteen minutes before thinking of it.

 

"An oak tree, with roots. Strong, sturdy, regal but still home." Wonshik explained gruffly, holding out the paper design.

 

"I love it."

 

They talked positioning and decided on the back of the neck, opting for only black and white ink. It took several appointments at early hours until it was done, and Wonshik knew he'd be back. It was only two months before he heard from him again, wanting something else. This continued on for the entire year, Wonshik adding art onto the beautiful golden skin, until they ended up here. Hakyeon wanting his biggest work yet. The only guide he was given was that he wanted something majestic. Something covering his back. Something unrestricting. Wonshik knew exactly what he wanted to do.

Sanghyuk, his babyfaced apprentice had often about just asking the dancer out. Hongbin, one of his friends and fellow artists chimed in frequently, often at inconvenient times. Like tonight. While he was working, Hongbin was sitting next to him, working on Taekwoon.

“So, when’re you gonna ask him out?” Hongbin asked nonchalantly, leaning over to dip his gun in the cups of colored ink. Wonshik froze, cheeks turning red as he leaned over to glare at the mouthy artist sitting next to him.

 

"Over your dead body"

 

"That soon?"

 

Wonshik glared again, waiting until the tattoo gun was safely on the table to smack Hongbin on the back of the head. Before he gave him a chance to sass back, Wonshik had picked up his gun and began to work on Hakyeon who had already fallen asleep before he began. Tonight was his final session, and he thought the tattoo looked beautiful. A set of black wings unfurled themselves down  Hakyeons back, black feathers starting on his shoulder blades, stopping right before his hipbones. They looked like they could carry the dancer. Hakyeon emphasized how important this tattoo was to him, even before Wonshik had started designing. Why, he had no idea but he had poured his heart and soul into it and it slowly became his favorite work he had ever done. Hours passed before Wonshik woke the sleeping man gently.

 

"I'm done. Do you want to see?"

 

"Of course, I'm not going to walk away without telling you what I think." Hakyeon replied, sliding off the table. He followed Wonshik to the back, and was handed a hand mirror so he could see the work. The artist watched his face carefully, looking at his eyes darting around before upturning. His face beamed and he flung his arms around Wonshiks abdomen.

 

“Thank you this is exactly what I wanted!”

 

“I’m glad, this is my favorite one I’ve done.”

 

“I bet you say that all the time” Hakyeon scoffed.

“No, only to people I have a crush on”