Cracks in the Wall

Slip of the Lips

“The sun isn’t even down and you’re already drinking?”


 

Sehun chugged the last half of his beer and gave Kai a death stare. “None of your ing business.” He spat and set the bottle down on the kitchen counter. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve. His eyes were wide and glossy.


 

“Hey! Watch your ing language, you rude .” Kai reached to slap the younger upside the head.


 

But before the dancer’s hand could come into contact with Sehun’s head, D.O grabbed a hold of his wrist. “I should wash both of your potty mouths out with soap,” he said, shaking his head disappointedly.


 

Sehun glanced out the kitchen window and winced at the glare of the sun. He opened the fridge and grabbed two more bottles of beer. Slamming it closed behind him, he stomped out of the kitchen. The time on the microwave clock read 2:09 PM.

 


D.O was too busy lecturing Kai about setting a good example for Sehun to notice that the youngest one had slipped out of the room. The last thing the maknae saw was D.O grabbing the lavender scented dish soap and Kai failing to scramble out of the other’s grasp.


 

As Sehun headed past the living room, he clumsily stripped off his shirt and tossed it to the ground. In the process he still managed to safely hold on to both bottles of beer. Three heads turned as the youngest member passed the couch.

 

Suho immediately slapped his hand over his eyes. “I did not see that. I did not see that. I did not just see that.” He chanted under his breath.


 

Sehun kicked off his socks. Guitar strap slung over his shoulder and pen and notebook in hand, Lay quickly got up off the couch.  His eyes widened in amazement and he copied the maknae’s actions.


 

D.O lead a sobbing Kai into the living room.


 

Chanyeol got up from the couch as well, eyebrows furrowed into a line and eyes filled with worry.  Without anyone noticing, he picked up Sehun’s shirt and neatly folded it.


 

“Great thinking Sehun-ah! Our brains work best when our feet are comfortable. Though we may stink, we are able to think!” Mystified, Lay followed behind Sehun and furiously scribbled into his notebook, without looking down at it. “Ah my feet feel so much cooler like this. This is some amazing inspiration that I’m getting here now. Sehun-ah your vibes seem extremely tensed at the moment. Also, your aura is reminding me of the color dark blue. I have just the thing to help you with that.  You know, I’ve been growing some special herbs-”


 

“Herbs my !” Chen snorted. “Lay’s growing weed in the greenhouse!”


 

Lay turned around and stopped following Sehun. Throwing his notebook and pen down, he grabbed Chen by the collar and pulled him into his room. The other members in the room looked away from the tv and up from their phones, just in time to see Chen flailing around in Lay’s hold and mouthing the word HELP.


 

Almost immediately after the door to Lay’s room closed, the other members heard the sound of things crashing to the floor, hitting the wall, and Chen’s girly screams. These horrifying sounds were followed by Lay yelling at Chen in Mandarin. The last sound they heard was Chen begging before everything inside the room became eerily quiet.


 

“Don’t worry everyone! Please be quiet. We are going to take a nap now.” Lay called from behind the closed door.


 

Chanyeol picked up Sehun’s socks and continued to follow him down the hallway.


 

“Holy ! Lay hyung actually grows weed?”


 

“Wait...so he smokes it too?”


 

“No , sherlock. Did you think he was just a weirdo?”


 

“Shut up. It’s his way of coping ever since EXO-M fell apart…”

 

“...”

 

“I gotta say, that ’s pretty good though.”

 

“You too Minseok hyung?”

 

“Did you actually believe me when I told you I was growing ing petunias in the greenhouse?”

 

“I thought gardening was therapeutic for old people.”

 

“ you.”


 

 

The voices of the other members faded as Sehun’s walk down the hallway became a stumble. He had opened another bottle of beer and stripped down to his boxers. By the time he was in front of Chanyeol’s room, he was . The older had all of Sehun’s clothes folded neatly in his hands.


 

With much difficulty, Sehun managed to open the door and drunkenly stepped inside Chanyeol’s room. Quickly going in after him, the rapper closed the door behind them. Sehun was mumbling incoherent words as he stood with his back to the wall, before sliding down it to sit on the floor. He took a long swig of his beer and looked up to glare at Chanyeol.


 

“.” Sehun slurred.


 

Chanyeol placed Sehun’s clothes on his bed before sitting down across from the other. He didn’t say anything. He reached to grab the unopened bottle of beer, but Sehun slapped his hand away. Chanyeol sighed and leaned forward, elbows on his thighs and chin rested on his closed fists.  He stared at Sehun and the other looked away.


 

The maknae took another swig of the beer “I need it more than you do.”


 

“And why is that?” Chanyeol asked softly.


 

He should have kept his mouth shut. The answer to his question was obvious. However, he knew that there would be no other way to get Sehun talking. Once Sehun is upset, stubbornness and silence go hand in hand. Luckily for Chanyeol, the youngest member was drunk.


 

When Sehun is in an intoxicated state, not only is his body revealed by stripping off all his clothes. Layers of truth begin to reveal themselves as well. And soon, the mischievous maknae is nothing more than a , emotional drunk.


 

With the hand that wasn’t holding the glass bottle, Sehun pushed back his tousled hair. He downed the rest of his beer and tossed the bottle to the side, not even flinching when it hit Chanyeol’s prized guitar. On the other hand, the owner of said instrument winced after hearing a hollow thud.


 

“You ing , Yeol.”


 

“And you swallow, baby.”


 

“Well I won’t be doing much of that for a while.”  Sehun twisted the cap off the second bottle of beer. “But don’t worry, Yeollie. I’m sure Baekhyun would be absolutely ing happy to be at your service. We both know you’d definitely enjoy being pleasured by that son of a .”


 

“Heck for all I care have Taeyeon join you guys! All the noonas have been telling me she doesn’t even give a about that kiss. And I can video tape it and we can show all the fans how disgusting all three of you are! You’re all a bunch of sick ers.”


 

Sehun flicked the cap at Chanyeol. The rapper opened his mouth to say something, but then quickly shut it. He knew it was better to let Sehun do the talking first.


 

Sehun tipped the bottle into his mouth. He couldn’t believe that Chanyeol had the audacity to tell Jihoon and all of their fans “The only one I would date is Sehun”. Chanyeol had already gotten himself into enough of a mess with the BaekYeol kiss. With that interview out, there was no doubt that the fans and probably even the other hyungs would be suspicious about his relationship with Chanyeol.


 

“And now you had to drag me into your ! Look Chanyeol, I don’t give a if you’re trying to pull all the pressure and scandals away from Baekhyun, but don’t get me into this mess! Yes, I get that the fans would love it if they knew I was actually gay. But have you not thought about the consequences for me? My parents don’t even know. They would ing disown me! The media would be all over my ! The anti fans would hate us even more! I do get that people have become more understand and more accepting. But as love grows, hate grows as well! ing think before you speak, you dumb. Think about my feelings-”


 

“Your feelings? You ing want to talk about feelings with me?” Chanyeol grabbed the bottle away from Sehun, not caring as beer splashed all over his hand and the carpet. “Since we care soooo much about each other, right?”


 

Sehun crossed his arms over his chest. He tapped a finger against his arm and groaned in annoyance. “Would you grow up? What’s so bad about a kiss anyways? It’s not like I forced you two into ing on stage.”


 

“And I didn’t force you into a friends with benefits relationship!” Chanyeol had to keep himself from yelling. “Oh Sehun, you came to me, right after we said good-bye to Luhan hyung-”


 

“Chanyeol-”


 

“You got me ing drunk!”


 

“I-”


 

“ADMIT IT. THIS ENTIRE TIME YOU’VE JUST BEEN USING ME TO FORGET ABOUT HIM-”


 

“DON’T YOU DARE BRING LUHAN HYUNG INTO THIS.”


 

There was fire in Sehun’s eyes as he stood up and pulled Chanyeol along with him. He grabbed onto the rapper shoulders, his nails digging into Chanyeol’s skin through his shirt. “Dont. You. Dare.” Sehun repeated as he pushed Chanyeol down on the bed.


 

Sehun may have stepped over many lines during the past few days, but Chanyeol leaped over one that should have never been touched. Even if he wanted to take his words back, there was a certain satisfaction to finally having them out there. Sehun couldn’t deny it and Chanyeol knew it was the truth.


 

Every day, Sehun did his best to convince everyone that he didn’t seem to have a care in the world. It was easy to lie to himself and even easier to lie to everyone around him.  


 

Sehun built a wall, protecting his fragile heart. He put on a facade and placed stone upon stone. He isolated himself inside, pushing away those who got too close.  He was alone and afraid inside the those dark, lonely walls.  He told them I’m fine. They all believed his false words, for they couldn’t see past the mask of his lies.


 

Sehun was broken beyond repair. No one was willing to fix him, and only Chanyeol knew. He saw through the cracks in the wall.


 

Everyone else was fooled by Sehun’s pranks and jokes. They were too focused on fixing his attitude to realize that his heart needed to be fixed first.


 

Sehun’s tears dripped down on to Chanyeol’s face. The older’s heart tightened and gently, he wrapped his arms around Sehun’s waist. The maknae squeezed his eyes shut, trying in vain to stop crying. His body shook with heavy sobs and sharp gasps for air. Hot tears seemed to burn Sehun’s flushed skin.


 

Chanyeol could only hold him closer.

 

“ you Chanyeol,” Sehun whimpered. “ you. “


 

Taking the rapper by surprise, Sehun slammed his lips down against the other’s.  Chanyeol already knew what kind of kiss that was. He knew exactly what Sehun wanted, and so he gave it to him.


 

Sehun’s sobbing slowly turned into soft . Gasps for air became breathier and lighter. The younger’s cries changed to cries of pleasure. The bed shook and the only thing that dripped down Sehun’s face was sweat. They went at it hard and long, taking out all of their frustration and anger towards each other.


 

Warm, calloused fingers sent tingles of electricity up and down Sehun’s sweaty, flushed skin. His eyes were blurred by tears, mind clouded with pleasure, and judgement fogged up by alcohol. Chanyeol’s warm, wet lips left  feathery kisses all over his neck and chest. With their legs tangled and bodies pressed together, Sehun was lost; he was lost in a place only Chanyeol could take him to.  He could never stay angry at the other for long.


 

Chanyeol was the best distraction. He made Sehun forget about reality. Sometimes, that was all he needed, ever since Luhan left, and especially now. He was using Chanyeol, he’s guilty and he admits it. Up until now, the other had never once complained about it.


 

Chanyeol could see through the tiny cracks in Sehun’s wall. He knew that the maknae was weak and that he needed someone to help ease his pain. They were both suffering silently in their own ways. It only made sense for them to be together the way they were now.


 

Sehun feared that Chanyeol would want what they had to end.  However, that was the last thought on Chanyeol’s mind. It was obvious that Sehun might never forget about Luhan. Chanyeol was fine with that and fine with staying with Sehun and distracting him from his feelings. Because once Sehun was left alone with his thoughts, Chanyeol knew that no good would come of it.


 

After they finished and laid down to rest, Chanyeol cupped Sehun’s face in his large hands and stared into his eyes. With swollen lips and tired eyes, Sehun stared back. Chanyeol was absolutely gorgeous. His hair was messy and stuck to his forehead. His eyes were wide and shiny, lips full and soft. Sehun’s breath hitched when Chanyeol pressed his body closer. Their lips met and Sehun’s eyes fell closed, seeing bursts of color explode and dance around behind his eyelids. His heart thudded in his chest and he felt like his body was on fire. The younger’s mind, body, and heart ached for the man lying in bed beside him.


 

It was only then that Sehun realized how much he needed Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Thank you very much for taking the polls I posted.

 

I saw from the results that most of you ship BaekYeol and want to know more about Sehun's past.

 

I'm sorry if this chapter disappoints those of you who aren't really rooting for Chanhun. Perhaps we can get some pity for Sehun?

 

Also, has anyone watched Orange is the New Black? I just finished season three today and I think I'm obsessed. I got my inspiration for Lay's weed from when Red was telling Healy what seeds she needed for the greenhouse and he said something like "I know what a weed plant looks like." xD

 

Anyways, thank you all for reading and subscribing!

 

 

Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this newest chapter <3

 

~FlamerLocket-