Lesson 1: Stalking

Capturing the Ice-princess' Heart

Sunny begins her lesson "For lesson 1 we-" 

"Wait. There's gonna be more lessons?" i interrupt 

"For lesson 1!" Sunny angrily ignores me. "We will be dealing with the most important asset of a relationship. Can anyone tell me what this is?"

Sooyoung raises her hand.

"Yes, lady in the back!" Sunny points to Sooyoung and she stands.

"Love." Sooyoung comments, then sits down

"umm W-well y-yes but um...," Sunny coughs ," Y-YES you beside the other young lady!" She suddenly points to me, i carefully stand up.

"Trust" i comment and sit down like how Sooyoung had done.

"...." Sunny was speechless. "Y-yes those are all correct but the answer i was looking for was.. drum roll please."

Sooyoung and I play our Failed-attempt-at-a-drum-roll-it-acctually-sounds-like-a-stampede-of-elephants sounds

Sunny continues, "The answer was.. Knowing-every-little-detail-about-your-partner !"

If this was an actual show, you'd here crickets right about now.

Sunny coughs, "So for our.. AH screw this!" Sunny throws down the cheep microphone.

"Much better, the bold was starting to kill me.." Sunny sighs

The bold?

"Anyway, the best way to get to know Jessica is to stalk her." Sunny pointed out ,"But you have no stealth skills."

I scoff. I can so sneak around when i want to.

"You need to somehow become closer to Jessica! That's why i prepared this!" Sunny beams and takes out a flimsy piece of paper from her pocket. 

You prepared a piece of paper? She shoves the paper into my face.

"What better way to become closer to someone, then to forcibly be stuck with them?" Sunny magnified

Grabbing the paper form Sunny's hands i read it.

Come lovers, Come friends, Come all to VALENTINE LAND!

The number one stop for couples around the world.

Made by top French architects, you don't want to miss out on this romantic experience!

Come to the most romantic amusement park out there!

Below are listed opening and closing times as well as pictures that look like they should belong in an issue of 'Modern Bride' 

"uh.. Sunny, I know you're trying to help but.. isn't this a little.." i tried to reason

"Ahh don't worry about it~ I got it covered. Besides it's that amusement park romantic?"

I stare at the picture of a statue at the park. Is it just me - or do they look like two men making out? I failed to see what was romantic about that.

"Come on! Get ready! You're going today!" Sunny beamed and jumped happily. 

"T-today......" my eyes grew wide

Sooyoung who had stayed quiet most of this time suddenly commented, "You only have a month... the sooner the better!" She patted my back and smiled.

.....Why me?


I hear a knock at the door.

"Get it." I look at my sister.

"No, you get it." She refuses.

"I told you to get it first." 

"But I do-"

"For Christ's sake I'll get it!" Our mother yells and runs to the door. 

"O-oh Mr.Lee!" A saturated sweetness comes out of my mother's mouth. We jolt up.

"Yes, I'm here to see a...Jessica Jung?" My sister; Krystal, looks at me happily.

Mr.Lee was a famous name, he was a famous person. A famous talent scout and manager of some of the biggest groups out there..and to have him come looking for me? As we Americans say... 'OH MY GOD' 

-                                      -                            - 

We seat him down with some tea and cookies beside him sat his niece; a girl who I'm surprised I haven't talked more to.

"I have a favor to ask of you..." His niece; who introduced herself as Sunny; started. "I need you, Jessica, to go to this amusement park and test out the rides as well as have us take some pictures of you to put in a magazine to help promote!" She beams and slides a paper my way. 

I read it:

 

Come lovers, Come friends, Come all to VALENTINE LAND!

The number one stop for couples around the world.

Made by top French architects, you don't want to miss out on this romantic experience!

Come to the most romantic amusement park out there!

...... the.....heck....?

"That looks SOOOO romantic!" My sister yells happily along with my mother. They jump up and down on their seats.

Uh.. can you guys like not see the gay men statue? 

"You want me to go here?" I ask them. 

"Yup, you'll be going with another person." Mr.Lee smiles.

"So...will you....?" Sunny smiles as well.

I turn to my family who are also smiling, I sigh.

"Sure."