Chapter Six

Started as Strangers

Jiyeon’s phone ring. Taecyeon was so close to her, he finally take a step back sighing. Jiyeon open her eyes then quickly turn back picking up her phone walking away from Taecyeon while releasing the breath that she didn’t realise she’s been holding.

“Hello?” She ask the person on the other line

“Jiyeon? Where are you? I’m heading to your place now. Mom just send us a package” Chansung said from the other end. Jiyeon is touching her warm cheeks from her encounter earlier, she take a deep breath still stunned with everything that just happened

“Jiyeon?” She snaps back to reality “Oh yeah oppa, I’m on my way home too. I’ll call you when I’m near the apartment okay?” She says then she say her goodbye and hang up.

She look at her reflection from her phone and her face is all red “It’s just acting Jiyeon” She say to herself. Then she head back to the place where she last seen Taecyeon. But she can’t find him anywhere.

“Excuse me? Do you see Taecyeon oppa?” She ask one of the crew there. Then he pointed at the direction where the lights are on and there’s a lot of crew crowding the area. She notice that it’s extremely quite as she headed there then she notice they’re at a take. Jiyeon slip into one of the crew standing there, then she saw the scene they practice earlier taking place. Taecyeon has the same look on his face, his eyes are frustrated but eager at the same time. Then when he pull the girl to him his eyes look so tender and caring then they kissed.

She didn’t want to interrupt anything so she head back to Taecyeon’s car then she give the script she’s holding to his manager. “Are you going home?” Taecyeon manager ask “Yeah, Chansung oppa is waiting for me” He nods “You can take the bus from there” He says pointing at the direction. She nods and bow saying her goodbye “Tell Taecyeon oppa that I say thank you” The manager nods and Jiyeon walk to the bus station.

After finishing the take Taecyeon look for Jiyeon at the last place they part ways, he was waiting for her but then he got called by the director and now he can’t find her anywhere. Then he found his manager “Are you all done?” His manager ask “Do you see Jiyeon anywhere?” Taecyeon ask “The girl with you before?” He nods “Oh! She already went home. She gave this to me” Taecyon recive the script she gave her earlier. Then he smile reading the handwritten message on the cover

Thank you for the day and thank you for lifting my spirits up Oppa, work hard and fighting!

Ps: I think the scene will look really nice on screen, I’ll look forward to it

-Jiyeon

A smile creep on his face as he read it. Taecyeon then remember about the scene, He was sure that he won’t do the kissing part but he got carried away then he remember her shocked and red face when her phone suddenly ran,g her face was so flushed she look like a tomato and Taecyeon can’t help laughing to himself.

On the way home Taecyeon look at his phone then he notice a text from an unknown number.

Chansung Oppa gave me your number. I’m home now with him, thank you again oppa.

-Jiyeon

He look at the text and he smile saving her number under the name Red faced Jiyeon.

Coming to JYP buiding started being a habit for Jun K for these past day since he received her text. As he look around, still thinking about the girl he met the other night that’s been on his mind for a long time. He searched each floor until he got frustrated then he decided to look for fresh air in the open space near the roof.

He pull the door to the roof then suddenly someone fell into his arms. It was so sudden, he put his other hand on her back steadying her small figure. “Are you okay?” He says to the girl. Then when the girl look up the pair of eyes he’s been searching for finally met his once again.

Their eyes met and they both lost for word. Nami can hear her heart pounding when she saw the face of her savior. Nami  was so shocked when he push the door then suddenly the door open so suddenly she loses balance then she fell into his arms. A lot of thoughts run trough Jun K’s head. He’s contemplating about what he should say to her when a million question is running to his head.

“Sorry” Nami finally says, standing back on her own. Then she waited, she waited for him to say something but he just stare at her. He look at the girl infront of him still stunning like the last time he saw her, her hair is in ponytail and she’s in a simple practice outfit and sneakers.

“You’re here” Jun K says. Nami look into his eyes, and nods don’t know what to say. “I have a million things to ask you” Jun K finally says stating the truth “I know” His eyes went softer then he take a deep breath “Do you have time?” Nami nods still can’t believe she finally talking to him again “Come on” Jun K pull the door again and go into the open space of the roof.

Nami love to go here whenever she felt tired or stressed about something, the sight of seoul infront of her can calm her down instantly and the open space it self it’s not that bad, it has wooden bench and a small garden near the black railings. She followed him then he stop his hands on his pockets looking towards the city.

“You didn’t show up last time” He says “And you work here” Jun K sigh and turn his back to found her standing a few steps away from him avoiding his eyes looking at the city “And you didn’t even tell me your name” He sigh walking towards her and she looks at him in the eye “Why?”

Nami gulped, she never thought this talk will come this soon. “I know I have a lot of explaining to do.. and I’m sorry for everything” She starts “For making you wait, for not telling you who I really am and why I’m not telling you the truth” saying it out loud made her feel even worse “Whoa, I’m such a bad person Right?” Nami says looking down, but Jun K didn’t say anything he just look at her.

“My name is Song Na Mi, I’m a trainee here.” Jun K then remember the trainee the guys was talking about the other days, the pretty one. He also realize he never truly look at the Trainee, if he did he must’ve recognize her right away.

“And I didn’t stood you up,  I did came..” Nami look down “But you didn’t really show up” Jun K says “I know..” Nami sigh walking away from him and leaning to the railings “I saw you then everything started to make sense.. about how much we had in common, about how I was so attracted to you, about what you do, all of the things that I like so much about you and it also made sense how I can never see you in real life” She says leaning to the railings. “Why? Why can’t you?” Jun K leaning to the railing next to her looking at her face.

“You’re you and I’m me isn’t it just..” She sigh “What?” Jun K pressed but Nami didn’t say anything she was so sad and scared when she found out she can’t put it in words. “Look, you need to tell me so I can understand why you did all of that.. I’ve been waiting, searching then when I found you, you can’t even tell me why. I think I deserve an explanation” He says

“I’m not good enough for you okay?” Nami admit “If it weren’t for the mask.. you wouldn’t even look at me like that. Right?” Now she dare to look at his eyes “Tell me if you can engage a conversation like we did the last time and dance with me like the last time if I you know me as one of the trainees.” She says but he didn’t say anything “You can’t right? See?” Nami sigh.

“I already know that, that’s why I don’t want to see you. And to think about the fans, all the fans you have and about how is this going to go on, I’m scared. So I can’t” She look away from his eyes, back to the city infront of them “I want to spare the heartache” She whisper.

“Then tell me you didn’t feel anything that night, that you didn’t even consider me at any rate” Jun K says “I doesn’t even matter” Nami says unable to lie and say that she didn’t feel anything for him, because she did. She enjoy talking to him and opening up to him. “You can’t right?” He says tilting her chin so she look at his face

“So stop making assumptions about how I think about you, It doesn’t matter what you are. If you’re a trainee and I’m your senior, It doesn’t even matter if we work at the same company. I really enjoy talking to you, No. I love talking to you, I’ve been looking for you, thinking I must’ve been crazy for liking a girl that I just met once. But I feel a connection with you, the one I never felt before. You got me looking all over this place for you and now you say that I can’t like you? No. Stop, I like you a lot. So stop saying that I couldn’t because I’ve been looking crazy all over for you and now I just want to talk to you and see you more.”

Nami can hear her heart beating faster, he answered all of her fear in their first meeting since the ball, He made her feel like it’s okay. “So If you don’t mind..” he take her hand in his holding it “I would love to have a chance to get to know you more, and for you to stop to running away from me” He says looking into her eyes.

Nami stare at the guy infront of her, so tender and caring. She sigh “So I just have to believe all this?” Jun K sigh “No, believe in me” She look into his eyes so sure yet so tender at the same time. “Okay..” Nami says taking a leap of fate to see where this will take her. His eyes shine as he smile at her

“Then let’s start again.” Jun K stand straight then fake cough. He offer her his hand “Kim Min Jun. Nice to meet you” She look at the guy with the same brown hair and carefree smile that he wore the last time she saw him, then she take his hand and she couldn’t help the smile on her face “Song Na Mi. Nice to meet you too”