Chapter Three

Started as Strangers

Today is the day of Jun K’s date.

“How should I do this...” Jun K says to himself while looking at his reflection in the mirror of his car. He has his black hat on, a simple striped shirt and black jeans and shoes. He’s carrying flowers for the girl he’s about to meet. He already told her that he’ll be wearing striped shirt and he’ll be waiting infront of the entrance near his car. It’s almost 3 o’clock and he’s so nervous he doesn’t know what to do. The clock strikes 2.58 and he decided he should wait outside his car. He look around the entrance but he didn’t see her yet considering he know her face he’ll spot her immediately.

What he doesn’t know is that the girl he’s waiting for is already there but hiding behind a car parked near him. “Oh no” She said when she spotted Jun K “Oh no, please not him” She says trying to get a better view of his face. When Jun K turn his head her heart sank “Oh no, it’s really him” then she hide back behind the car. Her heart sank looking at Jun K, “Why is it have to be sunbae” She says to herself.

Nami a curse to herself for not noticing it sooner. She hoped he’s not in the same company as her or even worse that he’s a kpop star when she found out about his job, but luck is not on her side as it turns out the guy she’s been crushing on the past week is one of the most highest rated kpop group in korea and is the star of her company.

“How can I fall for him just like that?” She says to herself looking at her phone thinking that she should cancel on him. Then she peek again and saw the bouquet he’s holding and she feel bad instantly “If you know me you wouldn’t even consider me..” she said to herself while looking at Jun K waiting by his car currently checking his watch.

“What should I do?” She say to herself, she wanted to finally meet him and talk to him in person and for them to have a chance. But what can she do when they’re in the same company and him being on another level then her, it will made her look like a fool. She adored him for a long time but when the opportunity is infront of her she’s too scared to take it. So she take the last decision on her mind when she decided to go on this date. She walk away from him.

Jun K look at his watch again it’s 3.20 and she haven’t showed up. He think about calling her asking where she is but he doesn’t want to be pushy and demanding so he waited again. But by the clock strike 3.30 he gave up hope and walk into his car, he tossed the flowers to the passanger seat and dial Junho’s number.

“Whoa hyung, didn’t expect you to call so early” Junho said answering the phone. Junho is with Wooyoung and Chansung and on their way to the company. “She stood me up” Jun K said “What?” Junho yelled making Wooyoung and Chansung turn their attention to him “What happen?” Chansung ask “She stood him up” Junho said “What!” Wooyoung yelled shocked as well

“Where are you guys?” Jun K ask already starting up his car “We’re on our way to the company we have something to do” Junho said. “Oh well, I just go on home then” Jun K said “Okay, see you tomorrow hyung” Junho said ending the call

“Whoa, I thought she really like him..” Wooyoung said while parking his car “Yeah me too” Junho said “What are we doing here actually?” Chansung ask “We’re going to meet our sister in law” Wooyoung joked, Junho then hit Wooyoung’s arm “The piano girl?” Chansung ask then Wooyoung gave him a thumbs up

“Suzy told us that they’re working with the girl today and Junho here want to stop by and surprise them” Wooyoung said. “Then what are we suppose to do?” Chansung ask “Easy, you guys are distractions to the MissA member” Junho answer giving Wooyoung and Chansung foods and drink to give to the guys.

“Whoa you guys really have all of this planned didn’t you?” Chansung ask Wooyoung and Junho “Actually it is my idea” Khun says suddenly appear from the car next to them “Whoa new car hyung?” Chansung ask looking at Khun’s new car. “Let’s go then” Junho said pressing the elevator door.

The door open at 3rd floor and the four of them walk to the recording studio where Suzy said they’ll be. Junho take a peek inside and he can see her sitting on one of the chairs holding her star notebook. Her hair is now pull up in a ponytail she wear a simple baby blue t-shirt and white jeans. She look serious doing her work.

“Is that her?” Khun ask pointing at the girl “Yeah” Junho said before opening the door. They greet everyone on the studio. Then Junho and the girl found each other’s eye “Noona, this is 2PM Oppas this is Nichkhun Oppa, Chansung Oppa, Wooyoung Oppa and Junho Oppa” Fei say introducing them to her. she greeted them one by one until she was left with Junho. She look at him and shake her head still unable to believe that he’s standing right infront of her. Like she said, she won’t miss that hair color anywhere.

“Do you want to hear the song Oppa?” Suzy said. Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Chansung secretly move away so Junho is at a private space “So you’re in a Boyband?” The girl finally say, Junho grin at her “Lee Junho” Junho offer his hand “Kim Mi Na” The girl say grinning “I told you we’ll meet again” She said to him “Oh really? The last time I check you are working in my company, are you trying to find me or something?” Junho joked even tho he knows she’s surprised that she found him here.

“You wish” She replay before heading back to the group that is know preparing the song to play the song to the 2PM members. Then suddenly Mina remember about the song and she flushed red and she wished she could just disappear right now.

“We really like the song, Mina Noona really got the feel to it and the lyrics are just perfect” Min say before pressing play. The song started out with a piano sound and then all of them listen to the vocals and lyrics carefully. Then some of the lyric caught Junho’s ear

Because what am I suppose to do

When every Saturday night made me think of you

When the all song I write was never in tune

Not before I met you

It was over in 5,4,2

Like a drug I want more of you

But now I’m wishing upon a wishing star

To meet you again maybe another day soon

Junho couldn’t help the grin on his face. and he steal a glance at Mina who is blushing red looking down at her hand. And when the song finish everyone clapped for the girls “Whoa it’s really good!” Wooyoung commented “Yeah, it’s about-“

“Losing someone so quickly when you want more time with them” Junho finish the sentence for Suzy then Junho look at Mina who is averting her gaze. “Yeah, Oppa really get that right” Suzy said. “It’s really good! good job guys” Chansung said to the girls “But we had to thank Wooyoung and Junho Oppa for the recommendation. Noona is very talented”  Mina’s head snap back to Junho who is staring at Suzy, shocked to what she just said.

“Well it’s always a pleasure to help you guys” Wooyoung said covering the situation. Junho and Mina then stare at each other and Junho laugh then he motion her to come out for a minute before exiting the studio.

A moment later Mina also exit the studio and she found Junho leaning by the wall near the studio, he look cute with simple white tee and black jeans she can see his toned muscle underneath.

“So you did look for me” Mina said while walking towards him. “Okay, I did. I found your song” Junho confess “Yeah?” Junho nod “It’s for IU isn’t it?” Mina nods. She remembered when IU’s company ask her if she could make a ballad for her album and on the night of the ball, even when her brother told her to have fun she couldn’t keep her mind off that song that’s still stuck in her head. But then she met Junho and everything seems to just clicked to it’s place.

“That song was really good” Junho said while they walk around the building “Yeah?” Mina is blushing red hoping he didn’t know the song was talking about him “You really do want to see me again?” Junho says laughing at her expression “What makes you think that song is for you?” She says but unable to look at his eyes “Well tell me it’s not” Junho retort.

“It’s not about you” But she didn’t look at his eyes. “No, tell me while looking at me” He says holding her cheeks smiling at her red face. She laugh and look away “See? That song is totally about me” Junho say, happy with her reaction.

“Yeah well, thank you for giving me this job” She says “Talking about job, restroom break wasn’t suppose to take this long. So I have to go back, to my job” She says “Thank me by having a lunch with me then” Junho says “Aren’t you busy?” Mina says looking at his face “I’ll always have time for talented girls” He winked. Mina couldn’t help to roll her eyes “Well then, tell me when”

“I’ll have to tell you later about that one” She laugh “See? You’re busy!” Junho sigh “Give me your number then, I’ll text you when” She laugh “Should I?” She tease

"You definitely should, Noona!” Mina turn her head to see the other members walking pass her and Junho “Bye Noona! make sure to give him your number!” Chansung say waving to both of them. Junho and Mina laugh “See? You heard him” Junho said.

“Okay, but I only give it to you because the cute one ask” Junho frown “Then what am I?” She roll her eyes and put her number in his phone. “I’ll call you later then” Junho say while she walk back to the recording studio then she wave at him.

Junho look at his phone and there’s her number saved as Mina and he couldn’t help the smile forming in his lips that he finally found her again.